Azerbaijan!!!

The place for speaking your mind on current goings-on in F1
DanielPT
Site Donor
Site Donor

Re: Azerbaijan!!!

Post by DanielPT »

This wrote:Meh, Belgium was trolling Eurovision before it was a cool thing to do They claimed publicly their ambition was to finish last, and they didn't even manage that, because somehow Portugal liked it :D

It's simple. That bloke who sang that music looked like Carlos Paião, a very famous and cherished Portuguese singer who, himself, participated in the contest the following year (was second to last, probably because the jury feared Marc Moulin had came back with revenge, this time in some Portuguese version). Just this similarity is worth 8 points, the other 2 is because we love synth. :lol:
Colin Kolles on F111, 2011 HRT challenger: The car doesn't look too bad; it looks like a modern F1 car.
roblo97

Post by roblo97 »

My favourite song in recent years.
Eldrine, One More Day
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IJ7SGWZt9Zo
Mexicola wrote:
shinji wrote:
Mexicola wrote: I'd rather listen to a dog lick its balls. Each to their own, I guess.

Does listening to a dog licking its balls get you excited?

That's between me and my internet service provider.

One of those journalist types.
270 Tube stations in 18:42:50!
Barbazza

Post by Barbazza »

Is this the right time to declare that I do a weekly radio show on a local community radio station, and that last week I did a Eurovision special?!
dr-baker

Post by dr-baker »

Barbazza wrote:Is this the right time to declare that I do a weekly radio show on a local community radio station, and that last week I did a Eurovision special?!

Only if I can announce that RROTW (Radio Reject of the Week) would have to be BBC R2, because they have launched a DAB station as of today, called Radio 2 Eurovision, which I can get in my car!
watka wrote:I find it amusing that whilst you're one of the more openly Christian guys here, you are still first and foremost associated with an eye for the ladies!
dinizintheoven wrote:GOOD CHRISTIANS do not go to jail. EVERYONE ON FORMULA ONE REJECTS should be in jail.
MCard LOLA
watka
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by watka »

For anyone interested, I've done a Eurovision playlist: http://grooveshark.com/#!/playlist/Euro ... t/97742479
Watka - you know, the swimming horses guy
jackanderton

Post by jackanderton »

Salamander wrote:
No, but again, does it even matter what it's called? There are far, far, far more important things to worry about than the name of a single race.

And there are far, far, far more important things to worry about than the heritage/future of unsuccessful F1 teams, yet here we are.
CoopsII

Post by CoopsII »

jackanderton wrote:
Salamander wrote:No, but again, does it even matter what it's called? There are far, far, far more important things to worry about than the name of a single race.

And there are far, far, far more important things to worry about than the heritage/future of unsuccessful F1 teams, yet here we are.

:lol: Excellent point excellently made.
Just For One Day...
WeirdKerr
Location: on the edge of nowhere with a ludicrous grid penalty.....

Post by WeirdKerr »

never before in the history of this forum has a thread gone so far off topic during the F1 season.... ummm I think
good_Ralf

Post by good_Ralf »

WeirdKerr wrote:never before in the history of this forum has a thread gone so far off topic during the F1 season.... ummm I think

Minus points for me but we could rename this the Eurovision thread and move this to the EVDP Forum? I'm personally wondering how close Britain will come to being plum last again, which was the case in 2010 IIRC.
Check out the position of the sun on 2 August at 20:08 in my garden

Allard Kalff in 1994 wrote:OH!! Schumacher in the wall! Right in front of us, Michael Schumacher is in the wall! He's hit the pitwall, he c... Ah, it's Jos Verstappen.
pasta_maldonado
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by pasta_maldonado »

good_Ralf wrote:
WeirdKerr wrote:never before in the history of this forum has a thread gone so far off topic during the F1 season.... ummm I think

Minus points for me but we could rename this the Eurovision thread and move this to the EVDP Forum? I'm personally wondering how close Britain will come to being plum last again, which was the case in 2010 IIRC.

How about we re-name it the 'good_ralf is a killjoy' thread and move it to the Bathplug Off Forum? :P
Klon wrote:more liek Nick Ass-idy amirite?
good_Ralf

Post by good_Ralf »

I didn't mean to annoy anyone with that and I did not do it for the sake of post-count either, I've worn that desire off. I apologise pasta, it seems you find me unbearable sometimes. I don't want to leave the forum but if there is something you hate about me I'll try to avoid it if you explain, OK. :)

Allard Kalff in 1994 wrote:OH!! Schumacher in the wall! Right in front of us, Michael Schumacher is in the wall! He's hit the pitwall, he c... Ah, it's Jos Verstappen.
mario

Post by mario »

This is the same forum where threads have been sidetracked into discussions featuring swimming horses, the moment magnitude scale and morse code (most of which I think took place during seasons). I know that the worst excesses are usually confined to the off season, but with the off seasons becoming shorter some of the more chaotic elements of that period do tend to creep into the season.
Martin Brundle, on watching a replay of Grosjean spinning:
"The problem with Grosjean is that he want to take a look back at the corner he's just exited"
pasta_maldonado
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by pasta_maldonado »

good_Ralf wrote:I didn't mean to annoy anyone with that and I did not do it for the sake of post-count either, I've worn that desire off. I apologise pasta, it seems you find me unbearable sometimes. I don't want to leave the forum but if there is something you hate about me I'll try to avoid it if you explain, OK. :)

Learn to understand a joke, the ' :P ' face is normally a sign of a not-serious comment...
Klon wrote:more liek Nick Ass-idy amirite?
good_Ralf

Post by good_Ralf »

pasta_maldonado wrote:
good_Ralf wrote:I didn't mean to annoy anyone with that and I did not do it for the sake of post-count either, I've worn that desire off. I apologise pasta, it seems you find me unbearable sometimes. I don't want to leave the forum but if there is something you hate about me I'll try to avoid it if you explain, OK. :)

Learn to understand a joke, the ' :P ' face is normally a sign of a not-serious comment...

I guess I never show much humour on here, but I laugh at my friends jokes, although I'm not good at coming up with them myself. I'm a sensitive person so your post, especially the 'bathplug off' bit made be worried. Thanks for the tip then. ;)

Onxy Wrecked

Post by Onxy Wrecked »

This wrote:From the 3 Caucasean countries, only Georgia is officially part of the European subcontinent. But because all 3 countries used to be part of the Soviet-union and became independent at the same time, they're all considered European.
Mind you that some other countries like Iceland and Malta are also on the border between two continents, and that Cyprus is technically 100% Asian, but is also considered to be European, because of their culture.
That is discounting the United Kingdom and France with their overseas territories, and Denmark, which is mostly on the American continent (Greenland), so Europe is usually a cultural thing.
Still that doesn't give Isreal the right to win the Eurovision Song contest in my opinion, but that's an antirely different debate.

About the GP itselfs, well, it looks like the Azerbeidjani government loves to spend money, and usually they get their big projects finished on schedule, so i looks realistic.

It's not just Iceland that is on the border. If one knew about the plates, a fair bit of Japan is actually North America if based on the plate that extends off of Alaska. To be more accurate, it's the island of Hokkaido that is on the North American plate and the eastern sections of Honshu down to about Motegi and Fukushima.
More Moneytron, more problems for Onyx!
A flock of Kroghs appear on the NASCAR Track and cause caw-tions!
watka
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by watka »

Long overdue.
Feels like a weight off my back.
dr-baker

Post by dr-baker »

Onxy Wrecked wrote:It's not just Iceland that is on the border. If one knew about the plates, a fair bit of Japan is actually North America if based on the plate that extends off of Alaska. To be more accurate, it's the island of Hokkaido that is on the North American plate and the eastern sections of Honshu down to about Motegi and Fukushima.

Wow, I never knew that, although I knew earthquakes are a problem in Japan, so what you say makes sense. That's going into my repertoire of factoids!
watka wrote:I find it amusing that whilst you're one of the more openly Christian guys here, you are still first and foremost associated with an eye for the ladies!
dinizintheoven wrote:GOOD CHRISTIANS do not go to jail. EVERYONE ON FORMULA ONE REJECTS should be in jail.
MCard LOLA
takagi_for_the_win

Post by takagi_for_the_win »

watka wrote:Image

Long overdue.
Feels like a weight off my back.

I want to shower it with sugar lumps, and ride it over fences;
Polish it's hooves every single day, and take it to the horse dentist.

:P
TORA! TORA! TORA!
dinizintheoven

Post by dinizintheoven »

Minecraft needs a Watka mod. Then, never again will I have to drag a horse over an ocean by a lead that might snap...

...wait, did someone mention something about an F1 race in Azerbaijan? Head for the hills...
James Allen, on his favourite F1 engine of all time:
"...the Life W12, I can't describe the noise to you, but imagine filling your dustbin with nuts and bolts, and then throwing it down the stairs, it was something akin to that!"
UncreativeUsername37

Post by UncreativeUsername37 »

Onxy Wrecked wrote:
This wrote:From the 3 Caucasean countries, only Georgia is officially part of the European subcontinent. But because all 3 countries used to be part of the Soviet-union and became independent at the same time, they're all considered European.
Mind you that some other countries like Iceland and Malta are also on the border between two continents, and that Cyprus is technically 100% Asian, but is also considered to be European, because of their culture.
That is discounting the United Kingdom and France with their overseas territories, and Denmark, which is mostly on the American continent (Greenland), so Europe is usually a cultural thing.
Still that doesn't give Isreal the right to win the Eurovision Song contest in my opinion, but that's an antirely different debate.

About the GP itselfs, well, it looks like the Azerbeidjani government loves to spend money, and usually they get their big projects finished on schedule, so i looks realistic.

It's not just Iceland that is on the border. If one knew about the plates, a fair bit of Japan is actually North America if based on the plate that extends off of Alaska. To be more accurate, it's the island of Hokkaido that is on the North American plate and the eastern sections of Honshu down to about Motegi and Fukushima.

I define continents by the history of continental drift. Which gives us North America, South America, Africa, Eurasia, India, Oceania, and Antarctica.
Rob Dylan wrote:Mercedes paying homage to the other W12 chassis by breaking down 30 minutes in
Waris

Post by Waris »

Wow, I post in a thread and suddenly it becomes about the Eurovision Song Contest. How typical.

Anyway, I was thinking, what about Paul Stoddart's EUROPEAN Aviation? Oh wait that's now turned into OZJet hasn't it?
MOTOR RACING IS DANGEROUS
Ferrim

Post by Ferrim »

No comments about the winner here? Disappointing!

For the fourth time in a row, I correctly predicted the result for our Spanish entry. It would be nine in a row if it wasn't for 2009 - I was convinced we were in for an extremely strong result that year, but it seems that kind of song only works if you are Greece or Turkey.
Go home, Bernie Ecclestone!

"There will be no other victory this year, I can tell you, more welcomed than this one" Bob Varsha, 1995 Canadian GP

F1 Rejects Forums – going off-topic since 2009!
roblo97

Post by roblo97 »

I thought that Greece and Malta would do really well. Turns out, I gave them a kiss of death :(
Mexicola wrote:
shinji wrote:
Mexicola wrote: I'd rather listen to a dog lick its balls. Each to their own, I guess.

Does listening to a dog licking its balls get you excited?

That's between me and my internet service provider.

One of those journalist types.
270 Tube stations in 18:42:50!
Barbazza

Post by Barbazza »

The song I put a bet on did its traditional thing of starting really well and then fading badly - Hungary this time, though at least it came home 5th.
I also liked Iceland - yes, I know it was silly, but it was a good tune - and France, who didn't deserve to come last while the likes of Slovenia's song were in there.

The Spanish song sounded great on Finals night, and I hadn't rated it before. I was happy that Conchita won, especially as I didn't get the love for the Dutch song whatsoever, and glad that it was a bit more open this year (until just after halfway, at least!)
Meatwad

Post by Meatwad »

Barbazza wrote:France, who didn't deserve to come last while the likes of Slovenia's song were in there.

In my opinion, Slovenia had the best song. Russia also had a nice song and show.

It was really nice to see Finland get a good result for once, although we were in the top 10 with one country left to vote...
WeirdKerr
Location: on the edge of nowhere with a ludicrous grid penalty.....

Post by WeirdKerr »

I predicted on another forum that the bearded lady would win and everyone on it thought I was mad.... :lol:
AndreaModa

Post by AndreaModa »

Poland got my vote for obvious reasons ;)
I want my MTV...Simtek Ford

My Motorsport Photos

@DNPQ_
Miguel98

Post by Miguel98 »

WeirdKerr wrote:I predicted on another forum that the bearded lady would win and everyone on it thought I was mad.... :lol:

That wasn't hard to predict... Lordi 2005 comes to mind (though the song wasn't that bad) but they obviously won because of their outfits and because they we're something that wasn't, well, mainstream.
Mario on Gutierrez after the Italian Grand Prix wrote:He's no longer just a bit of a tool, he's the entire tool set.

18-07-2015: Forever in our hearts Jules.
25-08-2015: Forever in our hearts Justin.
Shizuka

Post by Shizuka »

I have no idea how our entry finished 5th, and Norway only 8th :shock:

Code: Select all

14:03   RaikkonenPlsCare   There's some water in water
LionZoo

Azerbaijan!

Post by LionZoo »

http://en.espnf1.com/f1/motorsport/stor ... xmKOX2K.99

Seems they will host the Grand Prix of Europe in 2016. What will the track look like? How many people will attend? Will we be losing a current race? And of course, the big question, will there be any Azerbaijan drivers and/or teams by the time the race is on the calendar?
W12

Re: Azerbaijan!

Post by W12 »

LionZoo wrote:http://en.espnf1.com/f1/motorsport/story/169077.html#5vQ4VgDptxmKOX2K.99

Seems they will host the Grand Prix of Europe in 2016. What will the track look like? How many people will attend? Will we be losing a current race? And of course, the big question, will there be any Azerbaijan drivers and/or teams by the time the race is on the calendar?
There already is a thread for this, althought 75% of the discussion has been about the Eurovision: viewtopic.php?f=2&t=6981
Born on the same day as HWNSNBM!

Fan of: Ricciardo, Räikkönen and Marussia (R.I.P?).
dr-baker

Post by dr-baker »

AND the other thread title is almost identical (barring the number of exclamation points...)!
MCard LOLA
DemocalypseNow

Post by DemocalypseNow »

LionZoo wrote:Will we be losing a current race?

Monza. It's no coincidence that the Monza contract runs out the year before Azerbaijan's begins.
Novitopoli wrote:Everytime someone orders at Pizza Hut, an Italian dies.
Novitopoli wrote:Juve's Triplete: Calciopoli, doping & Mafia connections.

Image Image
AndreaModa

Post by AndreaModa »

Biscione wrote:

Monza. It's no coincidence that the Monza contract runs out the year before Azerbaijan's begins.

Ivan Capelli wants a word with you: http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/115129
I want my MTV...Simtek Ford

My Motorsport Photos

@DNPQ_
noiceinmydrink

Post by noiceinmydrink »

gwan Ivannnnnnnnnnnnn
Nuppiz
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Nuppiz »

Topics merged.
Eurosport broadcast for the 1990 Mexican GP prequalifying:
"The Life, it looked very lifeless yet again... in fact Bruno did one, slow lap"
DonTirri
Location: Herttoniemi, Helsinki, Finland, Europe, Earth, Sol System, Milky Way.

Post by DonTirri »

DanielPT wrote:
Finland fluke won in 2006 with Lordi, so it is no longer a reject at Eurovision! ;)

I know I am late to the party but I OBJECT! There was NOTHING fluke about that! They made an eurovision record for crying out loud >_>
I got Pointed Opinions and I ain't afraid to use em!
F1rejects no.1Räikkönen and Vettel fan.
BTW, thats Räikkönen with two K's and two N's. Not Raikonnen (Raikkonen is fine if you have no umlauts though)
watka
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by watka »

AndreaModa wrote:
Biscione wrote:

Ivan Capelli wants a word with you: http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/115129

Bernie says that Monza must improve its facilities. If its so much of a problem, move the race to Mugello rather than cancelling an Italian GP outright.
CoopsII

Post by CoopsII »

Monza going would be awful. Just awful. And it feels, to me, like another piece of F1 is being taken from us. From me, anyway.
Just For One Day...
LionZoo

Post by LionZoo »

CoopsII wrote:Monza going would be awful. Just awful. And it feels, to me, like another piece of F1 is being taken from us. From me, anyway.

Would Ferrari be okay with the Italian GP going? I feel like they'd be a bit against it.