140731 Canaustritishermangarian GP Edition

The place for discussion of all aspects of the gprejects.com website
Kuwashima
F1 Rejects Founder

140731 Canaustritishermangarian GP Edition

Post by Kuwashima »

G'day all,

Well, we're back after a 5 race break and, as F1 heads into its mid-season hiatus, we crank up the dial to "Irrelevant" and deliver to you this podcast.

After several minutes talking rubbish about the Commonwealth Games, we eventually get to F1, covering Caterham and Ivan Capelli amongst other topics. We have a mid-season stocktake of the major talking points for all teams at this point in the year before the podcast takes a strikingly and worryingly indulgent turn.

We've included 2 segments - one on the recent ASSOCIATION Football World Cup, and another on the merits of 1989. Basically, an excuse for us to crap on interminably which makes this the longest regular episode of the podcast yet. Our apologies. But we had fun.

Thoughts/criticisms below.

Cheers,
Jamie
roblo97

Re: 140731 Canaustritishermangarian GP Edition

Post by roblo97 »

Great podcast as always guys.
Mexicola wrote:
shinji wrote:
Mexicola wrote: I'd rather listen to a dog lick its balls. Each to their own, I guess.

Does listening to a dog licking its balls get you excited?

That's between me and my internet service provider.

One of those journalist types.
270 Tube stations in 18:42:50!
W12

Post by W12 »

roblomas52 wrote:Great podcast as always guys.
This. Great work, J+E! :)
Born on the same day as HWNSNBM!

Fan of: Ricciardo, Räikkönen and Marussia (R.I.P?).
Miguel98

Post by Miguel98 »

Great podcast, really enjoyable to hear. Liked the conclusion that Formula One needs more "awfulness" to become more interesting.
Mario on Gutierrez after the Italian Grand Prix wrote:He's no longer just a bit of a tool, he's the entire tool set.

18-07-2015: Forever in our hearts Jules.
25-08-2015: Forever in our hearts Justin.
dr-baker

Post by dr-baker »

Don't apologise for the length of the podcast - the more content, the better, I say!

A very intriguing email at the end, I must say. I am very curious to know more. But of course, you won't be able to reveal anything else due to confidentiality - what a tease you guys are!

And as regards the age gap between Frentzen and his younger sister - there is an almost 18 years age gap between my mum's two sisters, both born to the same pair of parents. No reason why the two Frentzens couldn't both have the same parents, unlike what you appear to have insinuated. Totally possible that the mother of both was 18 was Heinz-Harald was born and in her early 40s when his sister Nicole-Nadine was born. What I find more intriguing however, having Googled the story, is that Sven Heidfeld is 35 and Nicole-Nadine is 25... And an interesting quotation:

Nicole-Nadine Frentzen wrote:Sven was more like a big brother to me, but it sparked suddenly at one of my brother's races.
watka wrote:I find it amusing that whilst you're one of the more openly Christian guys here, you are still first and foremost associated with an eye for the ladies!
dinizintheoven wrote:GOOD CHRISTIANS do not go to jail. EVERYONE ON FORMULA ONE REJECTS should be in jail.
MCard LOLA
Rob Dylan

Post by Rob Dylan »

Thanks the mention of my Vettel stat, guys, made me feel good :)

Podcast was gooood as always!
Murray Walker at the 1997 Austrian Grand Prix wrote:The other [Stewart] driver, who nobody's been paying attention to, because he's disappointing, is Jan Magnussen.
Felipe Nasr - the least forgettable F1 driver!