2015 Silly Season Thread

The place for speaking your mind on current goings-on in F1
Salamander

Re: 2015 Silly Season Thread

Post by Salamander »

Waris wrote:In case they do, would that mean the FIA could effectively veto Max's debut, forcing Toro Rosso to delay it with a stop-gap driver?

You know, there's this driver dominating FR3.5 I think Toro Rosso might be interested in, he's the son of some rally guy I think...
Sebastian Vettel wrote:If I was good at losing I wouldn't be in Formula 1.
Everything's great.
I'm not surprised about anything.
RonDenisDeletraz

Post by RonDenisDeletraz »

Salamander wrote:
Waris wrote:In case they do, would that mean the FIA could effectively veto Max's debut, forcing Toro Rosso to delay it with a stop-gap driver?

You know, there's this driver dominating FR3.5 I think Toro Rosso might be interested in, he's the son of some rally guy I think...

I've heard about that guy, not too sure about him considering his comparison to Kvyat in GP3
aerond wrote:Yes RDD, but we always knew you never had any sort of taste either :P

tommykl wrote:I have a shite car and meme sponsors, but Corrado Fabi will carry me to the promised land with the power of Lionel Richie.
Salamander

Post by Salamander »

RonDenisDeletraz wrote:
Salamander wrote:

I've heard about that guy, not too sure about him considering his comparison to Kvyat in GP3

Well, in the case, there's this other driver who's dominating GP3, something that Kvyat couldn't do at this stage last year.
Everything's great.
roblo97

Post by roblo97 »

Salamander wrote:
RonDenisDeletraz wrote:
Salamander wrote:

Well, in the case, there's this other driver who's dominating GP3, something that Kvyat couldn't do at this stage last year.

I've heard about this guy in F3 who is only 10 ish points behind Max
Mexicola wrote:
shinji wrote:
Mexicola wrote: I'd rather listen to a dog lick its balls. Each to their own, I guess.

Does listening to a dog licking its balls get you excited?

That's between me and my internet service provider.

One of those journalist types.
270 Tube stations in 18:42:50!
Ataxia
Not Important

Post by Ataxia »

roblomas52 wrote:
Salamander wrote:
RonDenisDeletraz wrote:I've heard about that guy, not too sure about him considering his comparison to Kvyat in GP3

Nobody ever mentions the guy who's 77 points ahead of Verstappen. I guess it's not how talented you are, it's how quick the sperm donor is...
Mitch Hedberg wrote:I want to be a race car passenger: just a guy who bugs the driver. Say man, can I turn on the radio? You should slow down. Why do we gotta keep going in circles? Man, you really like Tide...
roblo97

Post by roblo97 »

Ataxia wrote:
roblomas52 wrote:
Salamander wrote:Well, in the case, there's this other driver who's dominating GP3, something that Kvyat couldn't do at this stage last year.

Nobody ever mentions the guy who's 77 points ahead of Verstappen. I guess it's not how talented you are, it's how quick the sperm donor is...

Him? He seems like the real deal to me.
Mexicola wrote:
shinji wrote:
Mexicola wrote: I'd rather listen to a dog lick its balls. Each to their own, I guess.

Does listening to a dog licking its balls get you excited?

That's between me and my internet service provider.

One of those journalist types.
270 Tube stations in 18:42:50!
GwilymJJames

Post by GwilymJJames »

Reports that Sauber have signed Sutil for 2015.
WARNING: Vettel fan.

Shut up Eccles!
noiceinmydrink

Post by noiceinmydrink »

GwilymJJames wrote:Reports that Sauber have signed Sutil for 2015.

I don't really see why they should, honestly. Sutil's performace has been underwhelming and I'm not really sure if he brings a lot of sacks o' cash. Better off sticking Giedo or Simona (or Sergey if they really need the money) in there if you ask me.
Shizuka

Post by Shizuka »

GutSquared is recently having the better of him. What is Kaltenborn doing?

Code: Select all

14:03   RaikkonenPlsCare   There's some water in water
Cynon

Post by Cynon »

Mexicola wrote:

I don't really see why they should, honestly. Sutil's performace has been underwhelming and I'm not really sure if he brings a lot of sacks o' cash. Better off sticking Giedo or Simona (or Sergey if they really need the money) in there if you ask me.

Agreed. That Medion cash must talk a lot louder than we think it does...

Dammit, Sauber, stop signing boring drivers!!
Check out the TM Master Cup Series on Youtube...
...or check out my random retro IndyCar clips.

Dr. Helmut Marko wrote: Finally we have an Australian in the team who can start a race well and challenge Vettel.
mario

Post by mario »

Cynon wrote:
Mexicola wrote:

Agreed. That Medion cash must talk a lot louder than we think it does...

Dammit, Sauber, stop signing boring drivers!!

Talk? That Medion cash must bellow like Brian Blessed stepping on a carpet tack.

I have to agree that, from the outside at least, Sutil does not seem to have done much for Sauber - no sense of leadership, no signs of providing technical feedback that can help develop the car and no signs that he could actually score points for the team if offered the opportunity.
OK, perhaps that last comment is a touch harsh when you consider that he could have possibly scored one point in Hungary - however, he was also being beaten by Gutierrez in adverse conditions that should have favoured Sutil, not Gutierrez (who'd climbed up to 8th before the car failed), so even then he was not delivering what his team mate, hardly the most highly regarded driver on the grid, was capable of doing.
Martin Brundle, on watching a replay of Grosjean spinning:
"The problem with Grosjean is that he want to take a look back at the corner he's just exited"
Zergon

Post by Zergon »

Huh, didn´t really see that one coming, I was sure this would have been his last year and that Sauber would had two pay drivers next year...

Actually to think of it, there has been quite lot of these "I didn´t see that one coming" news this week, with Vertappen driving on Toro Rosso next year and Kobayashi being replaced at least for next race by someone who appearantly isn´t even bringing money to Caterham...

Just makes me wonder if certain team bosses have lost a bet or two lately... "Oh, ok, if you lose, you have to sign Sutil for next year, oh and you have to replace Kobayashi with someone who haven´t have any F1 experience in last ten years" :lol:
RonDenisDeletraz

It is as if the whole F1 paddock has been on acid this week, so many baffling decisions
aerond wrote:Yes RDD, but we always knew you never had any sort of taste either :P

tommykl wrote:I have a shite car and meme sponsors, but Corrado Fabi will carry me to the promised land with the power of Lionel Richie.
Waris

Post by Waris »

I guess my dream of a Barrichello / Sirotkin lineup at Sauber is never gonna come true.
MOTOR RACING IS DANGEROUS
Backmarker

Post by Backmarker »

Waris wrote:I guess my dream of a Barrichello / Sirotkin lineup at Sauber is never gonna come true.

Maybe Eduardo Barrichello.
The Iceman Waiteth
What if Kimi Räikkönen hadn't got his chance in 2001?
fjackdaw

Post by fjackdaw »

Maybe Sutil has threatened to glass them?
Shizuka

Post by Shizuka »

Some Italian (tabloids I guess?) newspapers rumour that Vettel...

...signed to McLaren.

Code: Select all

14:03   RaikkonenPlsCare   There's some water in water
takagi_for_the_win

Post by takagi_for_the_win »

Shizuka wrote:Some Italian (tabloids I guess?) newspapers rumour that Vettel...

...signed to McLaren.

Pahahahahahahaha when pork chops grow wings and take up casual aviation maybe. Until then, nope.
TORA! TORA! TORA!
mario

Post by mario »

takagi_for_the_win wrote:

...signed to McLaren.

Pahahahahahahaha when pork chops grow wings and take up casual aviation maybe. Until then, nope.

I likewise think that the notion of Vettel to McLaren is unlikely - why would Vettel willingly Red Bull when his contract runs until 2015 and Red Bull have not only tended to produce better cars than McLaren over the past few years, but have also shown greater operational consistency as well? Surely it would make more sense to stick with a team that is going to still be pretty competitive in 2015 and to see whether or not the Honda powerplant is actually competitive before making overtures to McLaren?
"The problem with Grosjean is that he want to take a look back at the corner he's just exited"
Dj_bereta

Post by Dj_bereta »

mario wrote:
takagi_for_the_win wrote:

...signed to McLaren.

I likewise think that the notion of Vettel to McLaren is unlikely - why would Vettel willingly Red Bull when his contract runs until 2015 and Red Bull have not only tended to produce better cars than McLaren over the past few years, but have also shown greater operational consistency as well? Surely it would make more sense to stick with a team that is going to still be pretty competitive in 2015 and to see whether or not the Honda powerplant is actually competitive before making overtures to McLaren?

Also Vettel said that he wants to drive for Ferrari in the future. I think its more likely Vettel going to Ferrari after Alonso retires. I can't imagine Vettel moving out of Red Bull now.
Waiting for Lotus hiring Johnny Cecotto jr.
GwilymJJames

Post by GwilymJJames »

Alonso and Raikkonen confirmed for Ferrari 2015 say Sky Sports News HQ.

Also,

Adam Cooper wrote:Spanish Renault 3.5 stars Carlos Sainz Jr and Roberto Merhi are both in the frame to make their F1 debuts with Caterham before the end of the season.

It’s believed that they are both likely to be given an opportunity to drive the car occupied by Andre Lotterer this weekend.

As noted here some time ago Sainz came into the frame around the time of the British GP when Red Bull discussed putting him in the Caterham for the rest of the season. Caterham uses a Red Bull gearbox, while team advisor Colin Kolles did a similar deal to put Daniel Ricciardo in an HRT in 2011. However it was decided to allow him to concentrate on Renault 3.5.

WARNING: Vettel fan.

Shut up Eccles!
RonDenisDeletraz

GwilymJJames wrote:
Adam Cooper wrote:Spanish Renault 3.5 stars Carlos Sainz Jr and Roberto Merhi are both in the frame to make their F1 debuts with Caterham before the end of the season.

It’s believed that they are both likely to be given an opportunity to drive the car occupied by Andre Lotterer this weekend.

As noted here some time ago Sainz came into the frame around the time of the British GP when Red Bull discussed putting him in the Caterham for the rest of the season. Caterham uses a Red Bull gearbox, while team advisor Colin Kolles did a similar deal to put Daniel Ricciardo in an HRT in 2011. However it was decided to allow him to concentrate on Renault 3.5.

Go home Colin Kolles :lol:

The Dutch Bear

Post by The Dutch Bear »

RonDenisDeletraz wrote:
GwilymJJames wrote:

Go home Colin Kolles :lol:
I think the FIA will veto that both Sainz Jr and Merhi will get the drive at Caterham, given that would mean 5 drivers in one year for one team with 4 being the limit. There is certainly no force majeure here, so the FIA will probably say no to this.
Nuppiz
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Nuppiz »

The Dutch Bear wrote:I think the FIA will veto that both Sainz Jr and Merhi will get the drive at Caterham, given that would mean 5 drivers in one year for one team with 4 being the limit. There is certainly no force majeure here, so the FIA will probably say no to this.

Unless someone suddenly catches a nasty case of "food poisoning"...
Eurosport broadcast for the 1990 Mexican GP prequalifying:
"The Life, it looked very lifeless yet again... in fact Bruno did one, slow lap"
Ataxia
Not Important

Post by Ataxia »

Nuppiz wrote:
The Dutch Bear wrote:I think the FIA will veto that both Sainz Jr and Merhi will get the drive at Caterham, given that would mean 5 drivers in one year for one team with 4 being the limit. There is certainly no force majeure here, so the FIA will probably say no to this.

Or something else hard to prove, like a wheat intolerance...
Mitch Hedberg wrote:I want to be a race car passenger: just a guy who bugs the driver. Say man, can I turn on the radio? You should slow down. Why do we gotta keep going in circles? Man, you really like Tide...
tommykl

Post by tommykl »

Ataxia wrote:
Nuppiz wrote:

Or something else hard to prove, like a wheat intolerance...

"I'm sorry, but I can't take part. Those bagels weren't gluten-free!"
kevinbotz wrote:Cantonese is a completely nonsensical f*cking alien language masquerading as some grossly bastardised form of Chinese

Gonzo wrote:Wasn't there some sort of communisim in the East part of Germany?
andrew2209

Post by andrew2209 »

Anyone else think a seat at Mercedes could become available next season? If this actually happened, who would get it?
girry

Post by girry »

Possibly. Toto's boy Bottas.
when you're dead people start listening
Salamander

Post by Salamander »

andrew2209 wrote:Anyone else think a seat at Mercedes could become available next season? If this actually happened, who would get it?

Sack both drivers, sign Ricciardo and Bottas. Never have another driver-related drama again.
Everything's great.
Nuppiz
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Nuppiz »

giraurd wrote:Possibly. Toto's boy Bottas.

Except Bottas has stated he isn't moving anywhere from Williams.
Eurosport broadcast for the 1990 Mexican GP prequalifying:
"The Life, it looked very lifeless yet again... in fact Bruno did one, slow lap"
Pacifics only fan

Post by Pacifics only fan »

andrew2209 wrote:Anyone else think a seat at Mercedes could become available next season? If this actually happened, who would get it?

I agree with you. I think it would be Bottas or Hulkenburg
James1978

Post by James1978 »

I can see Hamilton going to Red Bull and Vettel to Mercedes.
"Poor old Warwick takes it from behind all throughout this season". :) (Tony Jardine, 1988)
SgtPepper

Post by SgtPepper »

Pacifics only fan wrote:

I agree with you. I think it would be Bottas or Hulkenburg

That would be absolutely glorious.
F1 claim to fame - Offending Karun Chandhok 38 minutes into the Korean Grand Prix's FP1.

PSN: SgtPepperThe1st
dr-baker

Post by dr-baker »

Toto's wife doesn't really stand a realistic chance at Mercedes, does she? :roll:
watka wrote:I find it amusing that whilst you're one of the more openly Christian guys here, you are still first and foremost associated with an eye for the ladies!
dinizintheoven wrote:GOOD CHRISTIANS do not go to jail. EVERYONE ON FORMULA ONE REJECTS should be in jail.
MCard LOLA
mario

Post by mario »

Nuppiz wrote:

And as others have pointed out, there is also the fact that Williams will probably be fighting pretty hard to hold onto Bottas given that he is spearheading their efforts to move back up the field.
Klon
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Klon »

mario wrote:
Nuppiz wrote:

And as others have pointed out, there is also the fact that Williams will probably be fighting pretty hard to hold onto Bottas given that he is spearheading their efforts to move back up the field.

People can say and want a lot. Money talks and something tells me Mercedes are perfectly fluent in this form of conversation.
mario

Post by mario »

mario wrote:
Nuppiz wrote:

Klon wrote:People can say and want a lot. Money talks and something tells me Mercedes are perfectly fluent in this form of conversation.

Well, I didn't say that it was going to be impossible for Bottas to move, merely that Williams would most likely fight as hard as possible to prevent him from leaving. Money may talk, but Williams's finances are looking much more robust than they have in the past thanks to new major sponsors (Martini this year and Petrobras for 2015) and are likely to improve further if they can secure a top four, or even a top 3, finish in the WCC.
CoopsII

Post by CoopsII »

If Mercedes have a disastrous run of luck and Ricciardo continues to win we may well start 2015 with our new favourite Aussie as world champion.

Golly.
Just For One Day...
mrfakeboullier

Post by mrfakeboullier »

Rumour has it Giedo Van Der God is gonna be at Sauber next year. If that is the case I'd really like Simona to get the other drive instead of Esteban, who will probably end up at Caterham or something.
Vassago

Post by Vassago »

Ferrari's at it's lowest since 1993. No way Vettel would even consider switching there right now. They have to pray for Alonso staying there until he retires or else they'd be spanked by Force India clean. I still reckon either Hulkenberg or Bianchi will replace Raikkonen after 2015.
95 GP / 63 DNF / 5 pts