2015 Silly Season Thread

The place for speaking your mind on current goings-on in F1
DonTirri
Location: Herttoniemi, Helsinki, Finland, Europe, Earth, Sol System, Milky Way.

Re: 2015 Silly Season Thread

Post by DonTirri »

Like I predicted earlier in the thread (or some other thread, I lost track), Hamilton leaving Merc might very well be a possiblity. I am sensing a very imminent "Throwing toys out the pram" tantrum from Lewis.

Vettel/Rosberg German Dream Team 2015? With Whinelton going to Red Bull and get his ass handed to him by Ricciardo.
I got Pointed Opinions and I ain't afraid to use em!
F1rejects no.1Räikkönen and Vettel fan.
BTW, thats Räikkönen with two K's and two N's. Not Raikonnen (Raikkonen is fine if you have no umlauts though)
andrew

Post by andrew »

DonTirri wrote:Like I predicted earlier in the thread (or some other thread, I lost track), Hamilton leaving Merc might very well be a possiblity. I am sensing a very imminent "Throwing toys out the pram" tantrum from Lewis.

Vettel/Rosberg German Dream Team 2015? With Whinelton going to Red Bull and get his ass handed to him by Ricciardo.

I don't think I would be too happy if my teamate gave me a puncture or the fact I had to start at the back for 2 consecutive races. How may I ask is Hamilton whinelton, I think that is a tad silly
CoopsII

Post by CoopsII »

Alonso to Red Bull, Vettel to Mercedes, Hamilton back to McLaren and Uncle Ron wheras at Ferrari, well, anybody really. I may even have a go myself.
Just For One Day...
MrMG

Post by MrMG »

Personally I think that if Vettel takes Hamilton's seat, we won't be seeing the latter in a Red Bull. I reckon most of the big teams would think twice before hiring him to be honest (whilst any team would like his driving talent in one of their cars, they might not want the instability and whining that comes with it), and I reckon McLaren will swoop for Alonso for 2016 so they wouldn't be taking Hamilton back if that's the case.

As for the hypothetical empty Red Bull seat, they'll take a stop gap on for a year just incase Max exceeds expectations. Vergne would be most likely, or in an ideal world, Kobayashi!

Rosberg's seat is pretty much safe unless Hamiton's mindgames push him over the edge and it turns into a "He goes, or I go" situation. He's been there for years and has never had any other problems with a team-mate in his career.
DemocalypseNow

Post by DemocalypseNow »

#LottererForMerc2015
Novitopoli wrote:Everytime someone orders at Pizza Hut, an Italian dies.
Novitopoli wrote:Juve's Triplete: Calciopoli, doping & Mafia connections.

Image Image
roblo97

Post by roblo97 »

Biscione wrote:#KobayashiForMerc2015

Fixed
Mexicola wrote:
shinji wrote:
Mexicola wrote: I'd rather listen to a dog lick its balls. Each to their own, I guess.

Does listening to a dog licking its balls get you excited?

That's between me and my internet service provider.

One of those journalist types.
270 Tube stations in 18:42:50!
fjackdaw

Post by fjackdaw »

MadGaz85 wrote:He's been there for years and has never had any other problems with a team-mate in his career.

This is true. It's also interesting that Alonso has otherwise been pretty laid-back throughout his career too, except in 2007.
Salamander

Post by Salamander »

roblomas52 wrote:
Biscione wrote:#ChiltonForMerc2015

Fixed

Super fixed.
Sebastian Vettel wrote:If I was good at losing I wouldn't be in Formula 1.
Everything's great.
I'm not surprised about anything.
pasta_maldonado
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by pasta_maldonado »

Salamander wrote:
roblomas52 wrote:
Biscione wrote:#VanDerGardeForMerc2015

Fixed

Super fixed.

Fixed.
Klon wrote:more liek Nick Ass-idy amirite?
eagleash

Post by eagleash »

fjackdaw wrote:
MadGaz85 wrote:He's been there for years and has never had any other problems with a team-mate in his career.

This is true. It's also interesting that Alonso has otherwise been pretty laid-back throughout his career too, except in 2007.

Absolutely, the respective behaviour of ALO & HAM since 2007 has been commented on before on this forum.
DemocalypseNow wrote: when eagleash of all people says you've gone too far about something you just know that's when to apply the brakes and do a U-turn.
DonTirri

Post by DonTirri »

eagleash wrote:
fjackdaw wrote:

Absolutely, the respective behaviour of ALO & HAM since 2007 has been commented on before on this forum.

There is a reason why I have had an intense dislike for Hamilton SINCE 2007. I acknowledge his driving talent. But I simply despise the way he conducts himself.
BTW, thats Räikkönen with two K's and two N's. Not Raikonnen (Raikkonen is fine if you have no umlauts though)
dr-baker

Post by dr-baker »

Biscione wrote:#WolffForMerc2015
pasta_maldonado wrote:
Salamander wrote:
roblomas52 wrote: Fixed

Super fixed.

Fixed.

Don't care what others think. I've fixed it for me, and that's I care for. Well, Wolff for either Merc or Williams...
watka wrote:I find it amusing that whilst you're one of the more openly Christian guys here, you are still first and foremost associated with an eye for the ladies!
dinizintheoven wrote:GOOD CHRISTIANS do not go to jail. EVERYONE ON FORMULA ONE REJECTS should be in jail.
MCard LOLA
Miguel98

Post by Miguel98 »

Bernie wants a Grand Prix to happen.... in Greece. Named Mediterranean Grand Prix.

https://twitter.com/adamcooperF1/status/504271075858186240
Mario on Gutierrez after the Italian Grand Prix wrote:He's no longer just a bit of a tool, he's the entire tool set.

18-07-2015: Forever in our hearts Jules.
25-08-2015: Forever in our hearts Justin.
roblo97

Post by roblo97 »

Miguel98 wrote:Bernie wants a Grand Prix to happen.... in Greece. Named Mediterranean Grand Prix.

How exactly are they supposed to afford it? :lol:
If they want real Mediterranean, they should visit Malta, and that is not just because it's a European Microstate.
Mexicola wrote:
shinji wrote:
Mexicola wrote: I'd rather listen to a dog lick its balls. Each to their own, I guess.

Does listening to a dog licking its balls get you excited?

That's between me and my internet service provider.

One of those journalist types.
270 Tube stations in 18:42:50!
go_Rubens
Location: A raging river somewhere in the Eastern (cough) United States (cough)

Post by go_Rubens »

http://m.autosport.com/news/report.php/ ... es-mclaren

Well, it is now official, Whitmarsh out of McLaren.

EDIT: Speaking of McLaren:

http://m.autosport.com/news/report.php/ ... ne-f1-role
Felipe Baby, Stay Cool

Albert Einstein wrote:Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.
mario

Post by mario »

fjackdaw wrote:

Didn't things flare up a little between Alonso and Trulli in 2004, mainly as a consequence of the latter driver complaining that the former was being favoured by the team, which Alonso tried to play down?

Then again, to a certain extent I view that flare up as being similar in some ways to what happened in 2007 - the other driver was attacking the management as much as their teammate (Trulli attacking Briatore and Alonso attacking Ron Dennis), and with the other driver being so closely associated with the senior management (i.e. Alonso being personally managed by Briatore, whilst Ron, although not directly managing Hamilton, being nevertheless closely tied in to his development), criticising them was almost a proxy for criticising their managers.

go_Rubens wrote:http://m.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/115578/whitmarsh-officially-leaves-mclaren

Well, it is now official, Whitmarsh out of McLaren.

EDIT: Speaking of McLaren:

http://m.autosport.com/news/report.php/ ... ne-f1-role

I guess that it was only a matter of time before Whitmarsh was edged out from McLaren - given Ron seems to want to give the impression he is clearing the decks and overhauling the team, Whitmarsh is perhaps being made something of a scapegoat for the failings of the team over the past few years.
Martin Brundle, on watching a replay of Grosjean spinning:
"The problem with Grosjean is that he want to take a look back at the corner he's just exited"
dr-baker

Post by dr-baker »

roblomas52 wrote:
Miguel98 wrote:Bernie wants a Grand Prix to happen.... in Greece. Named Mediterranean Grand Prix.

If they want real Mediterranean, they should visit Malta, and that is not just because it's a European Microstate.

Nah. Any Mediterranean GP should be in Gibraltar! Just as Peter Ustinov imagined!
watka wrote:I find it amusing that whilst you're one of the more openly Christian guys here, you are still first and foremost associated with an eye for the ladies!
dinizintheoven wrote:GOOD CHRISTIANS do not go to jail. EVERYONE ON FORMULA ONE REJECTS should be in jail.
MCard LOLA
Vassago

Post by Vassago »

fjackdaw wrote:

That's because Rosberg & Alonso are used to being the leaders of the team and never faced such a guy like Hamilton as teammate. The bullshit stops with him because he's too good to settle as #2 driver anywhere. Hamilton will always be the noisy neigbour you're hating every day of the week. And neither Alonso nor Rosberg can't live with that. It's easy to beat Webber, Fisichella and look as the calmest teammate in the world, this sort of crap won't pass the Lewis test. And what's best, Hamilton perfectly knows that too.
95 GP / 63 DNF / 5 pts
Aerond
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Aerond »

dr-baker wrote:
roblomas52 wrote:

Nah. Any Mediterranean GP should be in Gibraltar! Just as Peter Ustinov imagined!

Welcome to the 32k Rel Club, mate
Tread lightly in ARWS. Every decision might be your last.
Waris

Post by Waris »

I wish they would hold the Mediterranean Grand Prix at Enna-Pergusa, like they used to.
MOTOR RACING IS DANGEROUS
eagleash

Post by eagleash »

Waris wrote:I wish they would hold the Mediterranean Grand Prix at Enna-Pergusa, like they used to.

I'd go with that... :)
DemocalypseNow wrote: when eagleash of all people says you've gone too far about something you just know that's when to apply the brakes and do a U-turn.
DonTirri

Post by DonTirri »

Vassago wrote:
fjackdaw wrote:

That's because Rosberg & Alonso are used to being the leaders of the team and never faced such a guy like Hamilton as teammate. The bullshit stops with him because he's too good to settle as #2 driver anywhere. Hamilton will always be the noisy neigbour you're hating every day of the week. And neither Alonso nor Rosberg can't live with that. It's easy to beat Webber, Fisichella and look as the calmest teammate in the world, this sort of crap won't pass the Lewis test. And what's best, Hamilton perfectly knows that too.

Ehm. And Lewis is completely innocent eh? The only teammates he's gotten along with have been either absolute No.2's (Kovalainen) or Just completely uninterested in intra-team squbbles (Button). And Nico's used to be the team leader? Does the name Schumacher ring any bells?

So yeah. I smell a fair bit of lewisteria here. The guys a douche, doesn't deserve a winning car, and in my humble opinion doesn't belong in F1 because his behaviour is unbecoming of a World Champion-level driver.
Vassago

Post by Vassago »

Schumacher was a Mercedes marketing trick. You could see Rosberg being annoyed that the car was build for Schuey's style but of course he had to keep his mouth shut cause he ain't got a dime to question someone of Schuey's record. And in the last season he beat Schuey left, right and center.

Your bias towards Hamilton is outrageously childish. I hated Nick Heidfeld for instance but he deserved his place in F1 more than many, many others. If you can't rise above your ignorace don't bother to justify comments. You're choking on some sour grapes big time.
95 GP / 63 DNF / 5 pts
Salamander

Post by Salamander »

Vassago wrote:I hated Nick Heidfeld

I wasn't aware it was possible to hate Nick Heidfeld...
Sebastian Vettel wrote:If I was good at losing I wouldn't be in Formula 1.
Everything's great.
I'm not surprised about anything.
ADx_Wales
Location: The Fortress of Sofatude, with a laptop and a penchant for buying now TV day passes for F1 races.

Post by ADx_Wales »

You dont hate Nick Heidfeld, nobody can, the only emotion you get from him is Boredom, but only in small quantities.
"The worst part of my body that hurt in the fire was my balls" Gerhard Berger on Imola 1989
DanielPT
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by DanielPT »

Apparently is possible. He still is one of the most famous between those known to have an anonymous driving style, mind you. That must attract detractors.
Colin Kolles on F111, 2011 HRT challenger: The car doesn't look too bad; it looks like a modern F1 car.
DonTirri

Post by DonTirri »

Vassago wrote:Schumacher was a Mercedes marketing trick. You could see Rosberg being annoyed that the car was build for Schuey's style but of course he had to keep his mouth shut cause he ain't got a dime to question someone of Schuey's record. And in the last season he beat Schuey left, right and center.

Your bias towards Hamilton is outrageously childish. I hated Nick Heidfeld for instance but he deserved his place in F1 more than many, many others. If you can't rise above your ignorace don't bother to justify comments. You're choking on some sour grapes big time.

Then tell me oh enlightened one, What justifies the petulant whining, the ridiculous martyr-syndrome and the fact that whenever there is a problem, it has something to do with Lewis? Since if I am being childish in my dislike of him, even though I can justify it... You should be able to explain WHY his behaviour doesn't deserve to cause dislike?

Or are you just a dumb Lewisteric who can't see past his facade?

After all, he is the guy who actually said on live TV "Maybe it's because I am black" when asked about why he is the target of the stewards so often.
ADx_Wales
Location: The Fortress of Sofatude, with a laptop and a penchant for buying now TV day passes for F1 races.

Post by ADx_Wales »

I'm assuming you are not aware of someone called Ali G. Don Tirri...
"The worst part of my body that hurt in the fire was my balls" Gerhard Berger on Imola 1989
DonTirri

Post by DonTirri »

ADx_Wales wrote:I'm assuming you are not aware of someone called Ali G. Don Tirri...

Oh I know about him. But even as a Joke, something like that is ABSOLUTELY out of place. Especially when the sayer IS actually Black, unlike Sascha Baron Cohen.
ADx_Wales

Post by ADx_Wales »

DonTirri wrote:
ADx_Wales wrote:I'm assuming you are not aware of someone called Ali G. Don Tirri...

Oh I know about him. But even as a Joke, something like that is ABSOLUTELY out of place. Especially when the sayer IS actually Black, unlike Sascha Baron Cohen.

...but maybe, just maybe, hammy was trying to make a joke (depending how you look at things he probably didnt succeed), out of all that was being (rightly or wrongly) flung at him...
DonTirri

Post by DonTirri »

ADx_Wales wrote:
DonTirri wrote:

...but maybe, just maybe, hammy was trying to make a joke (depending how you look at things he probably didnt succeed), out of all that was being (rightly or wrongly) flung at him...

I hope to god he was trying to make a joke. Doesn't change the fact that it was tasteless, immature and downright stupid.
ADx_Wales

Post by ADx_Wales »

When they dont say anything: "These F1 drivers are certainly charactherless robots arent they"
When they say something: "Oh I wish they'd shut up"

- Case Closed -
noiceinmydrink

Post by noiceinmydrink »

ADx_Wales wrote:
DonTirri wrote:

Yarp. Lewis was trying to make a light hearted joke out of a bad situation, which I thought was admirable. It made me chuckle anyway, I'll applaud any Ali G reference, regardless of context. :P
McJaggers

Post by McJaggers »

DonTirri wrote:So yeah. I smell a fair bit of lewisteria here. The guys a douche, doesn't deserve a winning car, and in my humble opinion doesn't belong in F1 because his behaviour is unbecoming of a World Champion-level driver.

You don't get anywhere in life without being selfish in some capacity.

I don't know, if you are naive about these kinds of things. But racing car drivers aren't pillars of the local community, they seek to win races and championships. Since the dawn of motor racing, they have used anything at their disposal to intimidate and manipulate their opposition, Some famous racing car driver who have deployed such tactics include, Michael Schumacher, Ayrton Senna and Valentino Rossi.

All, who at times have displayed character traits that are "unbecoming of a World Champion-Level driver", like highsiding your opposition around laguna seca.
SgtPepper

Post by SgtPepper »

ADx_Wales wrote:When they dont say anything: "These F1 drivers are certainly charactherless robots arent they"
When they say something: "Oh I wish they'd shut up"

- Case Closed -

I've always liked Alonso's style of interview. He manages to make his point without coming over as petulant, and often leaving what he really means as subtext - quite impressive when you consider English isn't his first language.

DonTirri wrote:Then tell me oh enlightened one, What justifies the petulant whining, the ridiculous martyr-syndrome and the fact that whenever there is a problem, it has something to do with Lewis? Since if I am being childish in my dislike of him, even though I can justify it... You should be able to explain WHY his behaviour doesn't deserve to cause dislike?

I think that's working on the incorrect presumption that Lewis is intelligent enough to develop a facade in the first place. There's no doubting that Hamilton is extremely unlikable, but it's quite frankly a little silly to say he doesn't deserve to be in the sport because of it. You could argue the likes of Maldonado don't deserve to be in the sport because he is a genuine risk to the safety of the other drivers, but I really don't see how it could be the case with Hamilton.

And how on earth could anybody dislike Quick Nick?
F1 claim to fame - Offending Karun Chandhok 38 minutes into the Korean Grand Prix's FP1.

PSN: SgtPepperThe1st
Vassago

Post by Vassago »

DonTirri wrote:
Vassago wrote:Schumacher was a Mercedes marketing trick. You could see Rosberg being annoyed that the car was build for Schuey's style but of course he had to keep his mouth shut cause he ain't got a dime to question someone of Schuey's record. And in the last season he beat Schuey left, right and center.

Then tell me oh enlightened one, What justifies the petulant whining, the ridiculous martyr-syndrome and the fact that whenever there is a problem, it has something to do with Lewis? Since if I am being childish in my dislike of him, even though I can justify it... You should be able to explain WHY his behaviour doesn't deserve to cause dislike?

After all, he is the guy who actually said on live TV "Maybe it's because I am black" when asked about why he is the target of the stewards so often.

There's a difference between hating someone and saying he doesn't belong in F1 because he's a whiner. I don't have a problem with you hating him but with your statement he doesn't belong in F1 because you don't like him. It's like saying Schuey didn't belong in F1 because he punted Villeneuve off at Jerez. Or John McEnroe should be stripped of all his GS because he ranted with the umpires for 10 minutes. Hogwash!
95 GP / 63 DNF / 5 pts
go_Rubens
Location: A raging river somewhere in the Eastern (cough) United States (cough)

Post by go_Rubens »

SgtPepper wrote:And how on earth could anybody dislike Quick Nick?

I dunno, I can't really remember what he's done before to warrant a disliking from people.
Felipe Baby, Stay Cool

Albert Einstein wrote:Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.
Vassago

Post by Vassago »

go_Rubens wrote:
SgtPepper wrote:And how on earth could anybody dislike Quick Nick?

I dunno, I can't really remember what he's done before to warrant a disliking from people.

a) 1998 F3000 season. Heidfeld was my enemy lomng before his F1 days based on who I cheered for then ;)
b) "Kubica is faster than me" and his antics in Montreal 2008 when he had to let Kubica through for eventual victory. With all the Polish journalists covering Kubica we got plenty of inside stories on Heidfeld which normally wouldn't have leaked out in Western Europe.
95 GP / 63 DNF / 5 pts
SgtPepper

Post by SgtPepper »

Vassago wrote:b) "Kubica is faster than me" and his antics in Montreal 2008 when he had to let Kubica through for eventual victory. With all the Polish journalists covering Kubica we got plenty of inside stories on Heidfeld which normally wouldn't have leaked out in Western Europe.

Such as?
F1 claim to fame - Offending Karun Chandhok 38 minutes into the Korean Grand Prix's FP1.

PSN: SgtPepperThe1st
Miguel98

Post by Miguel98 »

Meanwhile, Mercedes to try and control damage have pulled this stunt on Twitter..
Mario on Gutierrez after the Italian Grand Prix wrote:He's no longer just a bit of a tool, he's the entire tool set.

18-07-2015: Forever in our hearts Jules.
25-08-2015: Forever in our hearts Justin.