Rantbox

The place for speaking your mind on current goings-on in F1
DanielPT
Site Donor
Site Donor

Re: Rantbox

Post by DanielPT »

I tend to agree with you Enforcer. And it pains me as Lewis is a massively talented driver but I just cannot bear the campaign being made against Rosberg. Things are so bad that if you enter the blog of a well known (and not very liked) F1 journo you will find commentaries of him blasting nationalism in F1, saying he is just a neutral observer and then going on labelling Rosberg a cheat based just on what Hamilton said and the non rebuttal from the team...
Colin Kolles on F111, 2011 HRT challenger: The car doesn't look too bad; it looks like a modern F1 car.
Wallio
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Wallio »

DanielPT wrote:I tend to agree with you Enforcer. And it pains me as Lewis is a massively talented driver but I just cannot bear the campaign being made against Rosberg. Things are so bad that if you enter the blog of a well known (and not very liked) F1 journo you will find commentaries of him blasting nationalism in F1, saying he is just a neutral observer and then going on labelling Rosberg a cheat based just on what Hamilton said and the non rebuttal from the team...

He also helped flot the theory Webber's car had a code in the ECU that RBR used to activate to purposely screw up his starts....... :roll:
Professional Historian/Retired Drag Racer/Whiskey Enthusiast

"He makes the move on the outside, and knowing George as we do, he's probably on the radio right now telling the team how great he is." - James Hinchcliffe on George Russell
good_Ralf

Post by good_Ralf »

If Lewis wins the championship this year it may well become one of the most unpopular title wins ever, since Rosberg has driven to a new, superhuman level that should not be unrewarded. I have to say, even if Hamilton is champion this year, I won't care if he doesn't win again. Not that I dislike him that much, but he does say plenty of reviled comments, mostly about his teammate.
Check out the position of the sun on 2 August at 20:08 in my garden

Allard Kalff in 1994 wrote:OH!! Schumacher in the wall! Right in front of us, Michael Schumacher is in the wall! He's hit the pitwall, he c... Ah, it's Jos Verstappen.
Alextrax52

Post by Alextrax52 »

Enforcer wrote:Try as I might, I'm finding it really hard to keep Lewis Hamilton performances separate from his personality, and of course Lewisteria, even though that isn't his fault. I've genuinely tried to appreciate him as a racer this season, and let go of my predisposition to not like him because the British media are all over him (as is understandable to a degree) and enjoy the battle between him and Rosberg, but I can't anymore.

Same here. I'll be objective though and say that Hamilton did deserve the win in Monza. He was the quicker Mercedes over the weekend and even if Rosberg's mistakes hadn't happened I think Lewis would have beaten him anyway

Enforcer wrote:I read the tag line of Coulthard's column on the BBC saying the public is now on Lewis' side, and if that's actually true*, the "public" are idiots. Hamilton has cried, complained, bitched, accused, formed conspiracies in his head, made errors because he was thinking about Rosberg more than himself, and generally been an arse all season, but Rosberg is the bad guy because he kept his nose in one manouvre for a few yards too many, and admitted that he did it to show Lewis that he was capable of not backing down?

Indeed. Ever since Monaco I've always wanted Rosberg to do better than Hamilton but the last straw to me is the aftermath of the Belgium race where Hamilton fans started creating "I Hate Nico Rosberg" pages on Facebook. I found that truly pathetic that someone could create a hate page just because of one incident where the fanbases "darling" was the victim. Yet no one moans when Hamilton gets away with aggression gone awry like Germany

Enforcer wrote:I'm not a massive fan of either of them, but I now really want Rosberg to win, just so Lewis doesn't. Over the medium to long term, I'd actually prefer to see the return of RedBullWinslol than for Lewis to be WDC again. He is toxic, the press who support him are toxic, and I bet most of his fans are probably toxic too.

I agree. As much as Vettel's superiority bored us all last year at least he never flaunted his superiority to his rivals or compared himself to Schumacher every 5 minutes. His fans are toxic. I've said it before and I'll say it again should you ever criticize Hamilton for something he's done wrong then the fanboys will just shoot people down in flames
roblo97

Post by roblo97 »

Enforcer wrote:I'm not a massive fan of either of them, but I now really want Rosberg to win, just so Lewis doesn't. Over the medium to long term, I'd actually prefer to see the return of RedBullWinslol than for Lewis to be WDC again.

I would like to see #RiccardoWinsLol for the last 6 races.
Mexicola wrote:
shinji wrote:
Mexicola wrote: I'd rather listen to a dog lick its balls. Each to their own, I guess.

Does listening to a dog licking its balls get you excited?

That's between me and my internet service provider.

One of those journalist types.
270 Tube stations in 18:42:50!
andrew

Post by andrew »

I am a Hamilton fan I admit that, but I find ridicolous the lengths some Hamilton fans go to, such as the we hate Nico Rosberg page, Nico made a error snd tagged Hamilton, Lewis has done that before and not one of his "fanboys" baked a eyelid, usually blaming it on massa( to be fair it was Massas fault once) but you may hate me for this, but the Hamilton haters are just as bad, on website called crash.net one user repeatabley prays for a Hamilton breakdown and says he is no match for Rosberg and none of his wins are deserved etc. Both Mercedes drovers are as good as Eachover, it's just diehard Hamilton fanboys make it easy for Hamilton haters who have an issue with everything he does and make out he is the worst driver on the grid.
Salamander

Post by Salamander »

I can't stand Hamilton myself - frankly, I can't see any reason why you'd support him other than because he's British. That said, I'm under no illusions about the fact that Rosberg clearly isn't in his league and is having to pull out all the stops to even have a hope of the title. The thing that's especially irritating about Hamilton for me this season, is that I get the feeling that he just doesn't take Rosberg seriously as a title contender, and that he expects that he should have Rosberg beat without expending much effort.
Sebastian Vettel wrote:If I was good at losing I wouldn't be in Formula 1.
Everything's great.
I'm not surprised about anything.
CoopsII

Post by CoopsII »

I actually thought Hamilton acted much less knobby than normal in Monza which I hoped was down to the crappy run of results he'd endured for a few races. I didn't hear him mention Senna once.
Just For One Day...
DanielPT
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by DanielPT »

CoopsII wrote:I actually thought Hamilton acted much less knobby than normal in Monza which I hoped was down to the crappy run of results he'd endured for a few races. I didn't hear him mention Senna once.

Did he mentioned Prost though?
Colin Kolles on F111, 2011 HRT challenger: The car doesn't look too bad; it looks like a modern F1 car.
CoopsII

Post by CoopsII »

DanielPT wrote:
CoopsII wrote:I actually thought Hamilton acted much less knobby than normal in Monza which I hoped was down to the crappy run of results he'd endured for a few races. I didn't hear him mention Senna once.

Did he mentioned Prost though?

:lol: I wish he'd name-drop more drivers but from a broader spectrum. For example, if he breaks down at the start of qualifying at Barcelona it's be nice if he stated "I'm going to do what McCarthy did. Go home early". Or after breaking down at the Hungaroring quickly tweet that he's knows how Inoue felt before promptly throwing himself across the bonnet of the safety car.
Just For One Day...
DanielPT
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by DanielPT »

CoopsII wrote: :lol: I wish he'd name-drop more drivers but from a broader spectrum. For example, if he breaks down at the start of qualifying at Barcelona it's be nice if he stated "I'm going to do what McCarthy did. Go home early". Or after breaking down at the Hungaroring quickly tweet that he's knows how Inoue felt before promptly throwing himself across the bonnet of the safety car.

That would be not only funny but refreshing from him. It would cast him in a brighter light for me. It has, though, potential for those awkward moments. For instance, he finds himself in right before qualifying for Silverstone felling inspired and says "today I will go just like Rosberg went".
CoopsII

Post by CoopsII »

DanielPT wrote:That would be not only funny but refreshing from him. It would cast him in a brighter light for me. It has, though, potential for those awkward moments. For instance, he finds himself in right before qualifying for Silverstone felling inspired and says "today I will go just like Rosberg went".

How about "Later on I'm going to do it like Jos Verstappen and threaten to beat the sh it out of Nicole"?

Too much?
Just For One Day...
DanielPT
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by DanielPT »

CoopsII wrote:
DanielPT wrote:That would be not only funny but refreshing from him. It would cast him in a brighter light for me. It has, though, potential for those awkward moments. For instance, he finds himself in right before qualifying for Silverstone felling inspired and says "today I will go just like Rosberg went".

How about "Later on I'm going to do it like Jos Verstappen and threaten to beat the sh it out of Nicole"?

Too much?

Could be worst...

"Rosberg is my friend yes, but if he tries that again I will go Sutil with him as there are some glasses in the team meetings."
CoopsII

Post by CoopsII »

"I'm so pleased to receive my win bonus for Monza I'm going to be like Tomas Scheckter a spend it on a cheap prostitute"
Just For One Day...
DanielPT
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by DanielPT »

"Well it is annoying that the stewards keep picking on me that I will quote Lewis Hamilton and say that it is because I am black"
CoopsII

Post by CoopsII »

Paul Di Resta wrote:"Well it is annoying that the team isn't giving me a championship winning car is it because I am black"

Fixed, although we're now on morally dodgy ground....
Just For One Day...
Ataxia
Not Important

Post by Ataxia »

"It's crazy, I just Senna'd the corner, and Alonso'd it down the straight. The team were proper Di Resta-ing it on the radio, but I Raikkonen'd them so they left me be. Nico was getting really Prosty, so I Verstappened his Gurney and Piquet'd his Salazar. He was so Mansell after that, it was Hakkin' Hill-arious."
Mitch Hedberg wrote:I want to be a race car passenger: just a guy who bugs the driver. Say man, can I turn on the radio? You should slow down. Why do we gotta keep going in circles? Man, you really like Tide...
lgaquino

Post by lgaquino »

Ataxia wrote:"(...)The team were proper Di Resta-ing it on the radio, but I Raikkonen'd them so they left me be(...)"
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
DanielPT
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by DanielPT »

Ataxia wrote:"It's crazy, I just Senna'd the corner, and Alonso'd it down the straight. The team were proper Di Resta-ing it on the radio, but I Raikkonen'd them so they left me be. Nico was getting really Prosty, so I Verstappened his Gurney and Piquet'd his Salazar. He was so Mansell after that, it was Hakkin' Hill-arious."

This is what I call a two-footed tackle. You came in too strong.
CoopsII

Post by CoopsII »

DanielPT wrote:
Ataxia wrote:"It's crazy, I just Senna'd the corner, and Alonso'd it down the straight. The team were proper Di Resta-ing it on the radio, but I Raikkonen'd them so they left me be. Nico was getting really Prosty, so I Verstappened his Gurney and Piquet'd his Salazar. He was so Mansell after that, it was Hakkin' Hill-arious."

Yeah, also can someone notify the stewards that Ataxia spent more time than was sporting on this one? DanielPT and I shoot from the hip, spontaneously.
Just For One Day...
Ataxia
Not Important

Post by Ataxia »

CoopsII wrote:
DanielPT wrote:

Yeah, also can someone notify the stewards that Ataxia spent more time than was sporting on this one? DanielPT and I shoot from the hip, spontaneously.

With you two acting like grumpy old men, I'm inclined to believe they might be your second hips...
Mitch Hedberg wrote:I want to be a race car passenger: just a guy who bugs the driver. Say man, can I turn on the radio? You should slow down. Why do we gotta keep going in circles? Man, you really like Tide...
DanielPT
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by DanielPT »

Ataxia wrote:With you two acting like grumpy old men, I'm inclined to believe they might be your second hips...

These today kids sure are as smart as it gets! Indeed they are. Bionic no less. A life long dream that I could fulfill at this advanced age! ;)
BigG80

Post by BigG80 »

CoopsII wrote:"I'm so pleased to receive my win bonus for Monza I'm going to be like Tomas Scheckter a spend it on a cheap prostitute"

Just because she makes sex noises on TV while eating a yoghurt in exchange for fat sums of money, doesn't make her a prossie....oh no, wait.
noiceinmydrink

Post by noiceinmydrink »

I'm going to incorporate "Hakkin' Hill-arious" in my everyday vocabulary from now on.
CoopsII

Post by CoopsII »

DanielPT wrote:
Ataxia wrote:With you two acting like grumpy old men, I'm inclined to believe they might be your second hips...

These today kids sure are as smart as it gets! Indeed they are. Bionic no less. A life long dream that I could fulfill at this advanced age! ;)

How very dare you accuse DanielPT of being grumpy, old and a man!
Just For One Day...
DanielPT
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by DanielPT »

CoopsII wrote:
DanielPT wrote:

How very dare you accuse DanielPT of being grumpy, old and a man!

You know that you need to take your pills in the morning, right?
CoopsII

Post by CoopsII »

Suppositories, too. Ouchy. :oops:
Just For One Day...
Nessafox
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Nessafox »

I think it's time for a 'too much information'-thread... :roll:
I don't know what i want and i want it now!
SgtPepper

Post by SgtPepper »

I know I've commented on it before, but every time I have to suffer that saccharine, sickly, obvious-to-the-point-of-insulting Alistair Griffin song that Sky shamelessly slather all over the opening credits I feel physically sick.

Obviously few songs will match The Chain as an intro song, but they didn't have to go quite so faux 'epic', over-produced and uninspiring, to the point that I find it starting to taint their otherwise extremely strong coverage.
F1 claim to fame - Offending Karun Chandhok 38 minutes into the Korean Grand Prix's FP1.

PSN: SgtPepperThe1st
GwilymJJames

Post by GwilymJJames »

Representatives from the FIA, FOM, the F1SG and all the other acronyms need to be locked in a room with no food or water and be told that they're not allowed out until they've come up with some real solutions for the problems facing the sport.

And no, standing re-starts are not a real solution. Banning team radio is not a real solution. Wacky driver numbers are not a real solution. DOUBLE bathplug POINTS ARE NOT A bathplug REAL SOLUTION.
WARNING: Vettel fan.

Shut up Eccles!
CoopsII

Post by CoopsII »

GwilymJJames wrote:Representatives from the FIA, FOM, the F1SG and all the other acronyms need to be locked in a room with no food or water

Now, if you'd stopped there you would've solved alot of problems.
Just For One Day...
ADx_Wales
Location: The Fortress of Sofatude, with a laptop and a penchant for buying now TV day passes for F1 races.

Post by ADx_Wales »

Have there ever been any almost unnessasary mid-season rule changes* in the past? Surely you'd wait until the end of the season to introduce this rule.

Nevertheless, hard to police, if you want to stop someone doing something, dont give them the equipment to do so.

*There were major changes halfway through 1994, for obvious reasons.
"The worst part of my body that hurt in the fire was my balls" Gerhard Berger on Imola 1989
Wallio
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Wallio »

ADx_Wales wrote:Have there ever been any almost unnessasary mid-season rule changes* in the past? Surely you'd wait until the end of the season to introduce this rule.

Nevertheless, hard to police, if you want to stop someone doing something, dont give them the equipment to do so.

*There were major changes halfway through 1994, for obvious reasons.

Nope. And is it any wonder attendance is in the tubes?
Professional Historian/Retired Drag Racer/Whiskey Enthusiast

"He makes the move on the outside, and knowing George as we do, he's probably on the radio right now telling the team how great he is." - James Hinchcliffe on George Russell
DanielPT
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by DanielPT »

CoopsII wrote:
GwilymJJames wrote:Representatives from the FIA, FOM, the F1SG and all the other acronyms need to be locked in a room with no food or water

Now, if you'd stopped there you would've solved alot of problems.

I always knew you were soft on the inside. Next time around, you will be giving them a single 5 inches window and a glass of water with a cookie per day...
Alextrax52

Post by Alextrax52 »

I get a little miffed when people claim that all you need to win in F1 is speed. While that is important and the main ingredient I think some people forget that in F1 you need more than that. You need the dedication the mental strength the stability and the right environment and adaptability to do well too. Oh and that little thing called luck

What are your views on what it takes to win in F1?
pasta_maldonado
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by pasta_maldonado »

Freeze-O-Kimi wrote:I get a little miffed when people claim that all you need to win in F1 is speed. While that is important and the main ingredient I think some people forget that in F1 you need more than that. You need the dedication the mental strength the stability and the right environment and adaptability to do well too. Oh and that little thing called luck

It helps if you have a copy of F1 2013, or any other Codemasters game. Actually, I'd prefer something like F1 2003...
Klon wrote:more liek Nick Ass-idy amirite?
HawkAussie

Post by HawkAussie »

Freeze-O-Kimi wrote:I get a little miffed when people claim that all you need to win in F1 is speed. While that is important and the main ingredient I think some people forget that in F1 you need more than that. You need the dedication the mental strength the stability and the right environment and adaptability to do well too. Oh and that little thing called luck

Skill and knowing how to drive helps
Officially Retired
CoopsII

Post by CoopsII »

You need a whole raft of factors to fall into place and sometimes thats what casual viewers of F1 fail to grasp, its not as simple as the fastest driver wins. If the powers that be were serious about improving the longevity of the sport they'd invest in trying to inform rather than just come up with more and more fanciful gimmicks.
Just For One Day...
AustralianStig

Post by AustralianStig »

Let's not forget you need to be in a top team. You're not going to win in a Minardi, even if you're HWNSNBM.
Join the GP Rejects league at Fantasy F1: https://fantasy.formula1.com/join/?=2a1f25

CoopsII wrote:
Biscione wrote:To the surprise of no-one, Daniil Kvyat wins ROTR for Sochi, by a record margin that may not be surpassed for some time.

I always knew Marko read this forum.
Captain Hammer

Post by Captain Hammer »

GwilymJJames wrote:Representatives from the FIA, FOM, the F1SG and all the other acronyms need to be locked in a room with no food or water and be told that they're not allowed out until they've come up with some real solutions for the problems facing the sport.

And no, standing re-starts are not a real solution. Banning team radio is not a real solution. Wacky driver numbers are not a real solution. DOUBLE bathplug POINTS ARE NOT A bathplug REAL SOLUTION.

The solution is cost-cutting. Sustainable, meaningful, long-term cost-cutting. And the teams are the main offenders here. They need to stop pretending that they have cut costs by agreeing to one less pre-season test. Sure, they saved $2 million ... but they're still spending $200 million.

Here's how I would do it: create three world titles - a World Championship for Drivers, a World Championship for Constructors, and a World Championship for Teams. At the start of the year, certain outfits are designated Constructors. They build an engine, and they build a chassis. Every team on the grid signs up with a Constructor. They pay for the development of the chassis, so the costs are spread equally between all teams. There would naturally be a cap on the number of teams that could join a Constructor. This way, the costs of developing a chassis comes down because they are spread evenly around. And by creating an extra championship, the teams still have something to play for.
mario wrote:I'm wondering what the hell has been going on in this thread [...] it's turned into a bizarre detour into mythical flying horses and the sort of search engine results that CoopsII is going to have a very hard time explaining ...