2014/15 F1 Rejects Football League

Archive for the three above subforums
Pointrox

2014/15 F1 Rejects Football League

Post by Pointrox »

Hi there!
After many futile attempts at bringing fantasy football to the forums... here's yet another one :D

It simply is a league in Xpert Eleven - one of the better online footy manager games out there, where you can play in custom built leagues, like ours.
If you want to join in, simply register on xperteleven.com, create a team and click right here join in on the fun!
Keep in mind that there is a limit of 12 teams (including mine), so only a dirty dozen of us can play.
No holds barred, no actual limitations as to how teams should be called, but keep it civilized ;)

To make sure the league consists of F1R.com members only, submit your team name in this thread. Outcoming teams shall be booted out of the competition.

Code: Select all

2014/15 F1R Football League

1. Sporting St. Lel (Pointrox)
 2. F.C. Inter Leith (Biscione)
 3. Sonic FC (Normal32)
 4. Rejects FC (Samster)
 5. SC Red (RedEyes504)
 6. FC Baumurtidoerlatraz (mrfakebouiller)
 7. FC Stockholm Syndromes (Ataxia)
 8. Equippe Nationale Belge (This)
 9. S.E. Palmeiras (FantometteBR)
10. FC United (Aerospeed)
11. Dutch Robins (HawkAussie)
12. TBA
Last edited by Pointrox on 05 Sep 2014, 09:31, edited 8 times in total.
DemocalypseNow

Re: 2014/15 F1 Rejects Football League

Post by DemocalypseNow »

F.C. Inter Leith joins!
Novitopoli wrote:Everytime someone orders at Pizza Hut, an Italian dies.
Novitopoli wrote:Juve's Triplete: Calciopoli, doping & Mafia connections.

Image Image
Normal32

Post by Normal32 »

Sonic FC will join
Pasta_maldonado wrote:I think normal32 is an old English farmer re-incarnated
Samster

Post by Samster »

I'll join with Rejects FC. Since I don't know the first thing about football. :P
RedEyes504

Post by RedEyes504 »

Entered with FC Red
Alexander Wurz is timeless and endless and eternal.
mrfakeboullier

Post by mrfakeboullier »

FC Baumurtidoerlatraz confirm their entry
Samster

Post by Samster »

Looking at my team lineup and apparently I have this guy as a midfielder. :lol: We will be ROTY for sure.

Ataxia
Not Important

Post by Ataxia »

The Stockholm Syndromes are back and ready to trap opponents in their own halves...at their request, of course.
Mitch Hedberg wrote:I want to be a race car passenger: just a guy who bugs the driver. Say man, can I turn on the radio? You should slow down. Why do we gotta keep going in circles? Man, you really like Tide...
Shadaza

Post by Shadaza »

Actually I change my mind, DO NOT accept my entry. I am not comfortable playing Facebook games. This isn't a slur against you and I'd love to play football manager, but I dislike free MMO style facebook games with a passion.
Last edited by Shadaza on 03 Sep 2014, 21:26, edited 3 times in total.
Message me on Discord.
Nessafox
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Nessafox »

Applied for Equippe Nationale Belge, after all, it is a reject formula one constructor!
I don't know what i want and i want it now!
FantometteBR

Post by FantometteBR »

Sent S.E. Palmeiras for appreciation
Bertrand Gachot, Pacific, Connew and Piercarlo Ghinzani's No.1 Fan

1995 Rejects-1 World Champion with Driver (Julio Vaca) and Team (V.I.D.A.) - Because the first time you can never forget
DemocalypseNow

Post by DemocalypseNow »

So F.C. Inter Leith lost 3-0 to some random Reserves team....good debut, guys! :lol:

But it does look like I got quite lucky, my #9 is some bloke called Bergamo and he looks like the best player in the whole league!

Image Image
Aerospeed

Post by Aerospeed »

Entered with FC United. The story is that The Fox recently bought a football team, and he's employing all the Germans he can find since they won the World Cup recently :P
Mistakes in potatoes will ALWAYS happen :P
Trulli bad puns...
IN JAIL NO ONE CAN HEAR YOU SCREAM
HawkAussie

Post by HawkAussie »

Just entered as the Tasmanian Dutch Robins
Officially Retired
Pointrox

Post by Pointrox »

Okay, ladies and gentlemen, there is only one place left!
First come, first served - so the first person that will submit the entry til September 7th 2014, 8:00PM CET will get the 12th - and final - spot in the league.
If no one will, then I'll start the league with what teams there are now.

In the meantime already submitted teams can play some pre-season friendlies, like I did with Biscione.
Pre-season: Inter Leith - Sporting St. Lel ends in a 2:2 draw

Christiano Domizzi and Gino Iannuzzi managed to secure the draw in a pre-season friendly match between Inter Leith and Kekington FC. Lily Inman and Johnny Broker duo were unstoppable today and scored both goals for the St. Lel side.

Both teams invest a lot of money in their squads, with Inter completely redefining the squad. Sporting, however, decided to try out their new players - goalkeeper Eugenio Sa Pinto and forward Sidney Minton.
Pointrox

Post by Pointrox »

Okay lads and ladettes - time's up!
No more teams will be allowed, and that gives us a total of eleven clubs in the first season of F1RFL.

All the matches will be played on Tuesdays and Fridays, and the league will officially commence September 10th, so that means first matches should take place on September 12th. There is plenty of time to do some pre-season friendlies to evaluate new players, try out new tactics or just to figure out the basics of the game.

Upcoming friendlies
September 9th - Inter Leith F.C. vs. FC Stockholm Syndromes
Aerospeed

Post by Aerospeed »

How do I sell a player? I can easily buy a player, but not sell one...
Trulli bad puns...
HawkAussie

Post by HawkAussie »

Aerospeed wrote:How do I sell a player? I can easily buy a player, but not sell one...

Go into player, then find the transfer list and do a asking price
Officially Retired
DemocalypseNow

Post by DemocalypseNow »

Aerospeed wrote:How do I sell a player? I can easily buy a player, but not sell one...

Knowing the average MMO sports game...the default players a new team comes with are usually not worth squat. It takes 5 days for a transfer to go through following being listed, and that assumes he gets purchases at all. Being a poorly skilled player, they probably won't be much (or any) interest in them...

Meanwhile, I've already run out of money, having blown all my cash on an entirely new midfield :lol:

Image Image
DemocalypseNow

Post by DemocalypseNow »

Right, so I just went bold and decided to cash in on my star youth players. Sitting on 3.5 million now, still could go up between now and the 15th... :shock:

Edinburgh Evening News wrote:Inter Leith immune to weak Syndromes

F.C Inter Milan came out on top with ease in their pre-season friendly against Stockholm Syndromes, registering a 3-1 win at home thanks to talismanic striker David Bergamo.

Bergamo, widely considered to be one of the top striking talents in the F1R Premier League, twice slotted home past opposing keeper Den Baars in the opening half of the game, before being subbed during the second period for Cristiano Domizzi. The scoreline became 3-0 to the hosts when Stockholm youth team product Roy Farnerud accidentally bundled the ball past his own keeper.

Stockholm were able to pull back a consolation in the 87th minute however, with star striker Per Thor escaping on the counter-attack and beating Inter's debutant keeper Rinaldi one-on-one.

Inter will continue their pre-season preperations with a third friendly game against Ecurie Nationale Belge on Friday. New signing Antonio Haynes is expected to feature up front at some stage.

Image Image
Pointrox

Post by Pointrox »

Sorry, I just bathplugged up big time :oops:
I wanted to postpone all the league matches by one week to let all the teams do their friendlies. Unfortunately - in Xpert Eleven "league postponement" means that all the teams are locked out for one week. You can log in, but can't enter the team/league and do any changes, me included.
Also, this unfortunately means all the matches - including the friendlies - will take place next Thursday.
DemocalypseNow

Post by DemocalypseNow »

Pointrox wrote:Sorry, I just bathplugged up big time :oops:
I wanted to postpone all the league matches by one week to let all the teams do their friendlies. Unfortunately - in Xpert Eleven "league postponement" means that all the teams are locked out for one week. You can log in, but can't enter the team/league and do any changes, me included.
Also, this unfortunately means all the matches - including the friendlies - will take place next Thursday.

There was no point to do that! We would much rather have played league games than friendlies...now both the league games AND the friendlies are cancelled!

Just email support and ask them to undo it...

Image Image
Pointrox

Post by Pointrox »

Biscione wrote:Just email support and ask them to undo it...

I did, and apparently after my plea of ignorance they decided to unlock it! :D
All the league matches are still moved to the next week, but I think all the friendlies are cancelled and therefore you have to rearrange them once more.

Therefore, first round will look like this:

2014-09-18 20:00    Rejects FC    -    Sporting St. Lel    
2014-09-18 20:00    SC Red    -    FC Stockholm Syndromes    
2014-09-18 20:00    FC United    -    ENB    
2014-09-18 20:00    FC Baumurtidoerlatraz    -    Sonic FC    
2014-09-18 20:00    S.E. Palmeiras    -    F.C. Inter Leith

Once more - sorry for the inconvenience, and carry on.
DemocalypseNow

Post by DemocalypseNow »

This is a bit of a weird game!

XE Team Message wrote:Player involved in a car accident.

Bozo Vojnovic was involved in a serious motorway accident yesterday, and his car came within inches of being crushed by a huge lorry. Despite serious damage to his vehicle, Bozo Vojnovic miraculously escaped unharmed. The experience has given Bozo Vojnovic a new-found respect for life, and he is determined to make the most of everything. As a result, he throws himself into training and his form soars.

Time to start cutting the brake lines on the cars of all my players then! :mrgreen:

Image Image
Pointrox

Post by Pointrox »

Never knew this game had such random things in it :P
Meanwhile, today FC Stockholm Syndromes will play another friendly match, this time with Sporting St. Lel.

Also, if the things go well and there will be some interest from you lot, I plan on running two leagues in 2015.
Top LeLague would be formed of the initial 11 teams, with bottom two teams relegated to the lower tier for the next season.
Championship League would be a new tier in our championship and would consist of another 11 teams, with top two teams promoted for the next season.
Trophy League would be considered as a 3rd tier, if your interest in this league will be enough to field a complete league system of 33 teams. Of course, bottom two teams of the Championship League would be relegated here, and best two teams from Trophy League would be promoted in their place.
Aerospeed

Post by Aerospeed »

If we get more teams, could we even the top tier at 12 teams? Having one team consistently at a bye week is kinda annoying...
Trulli bad puns...
Pointrox

Post by Pointrox »

Aerospeed wrote:If we get more teams, could we even the top tier at 12 teams? Having one team consistently at a bye week is kinda annoying...

The other option is to actually split the Top League in two, so that 1st and 2nd tier would have 6 teams. Of course, the Trophy League would be reduced as well.
It would be much easier to fill in, even though the matches would get a bit repetitive with every team having only five other to play with :P

First of all, I'll have to see, how many of you will want to join the series in January 2015, after this season, and if current teams will want to carry on for the next season. With my Biscionesque fashion of managing series results may vary :lol:
Pointrox

Post by Pointrox »

Pre-season: ENB 2 - 0 Dutch Robins
Another pre-season friendly match concluded with ENB dominantly winning with the Tasmanian side Dutch Robins 2:0.
The home team had no chance of getting through to even attempt to score a goal, and resorted to defense, that lasted for 38 minutes.
First goal was scored by Franck van Menen, 7 minutes till half-time. Five minutes after the second half kicked off, another perfect assist by Edgard Rigouts got through. This time Florent Bosmans scored the breakaway goal and Reds maintained the lead to the very end.
Pointrox

Post by Pointrox »

Shite!
Pre-season: ENB 2 - 1 Sporting St. Lel
After a largely dominant bout with Dutch Robins, ENB took on the St. Lel side.
Sporting decided to try out their new players, including the veteran goalkeeper Melvin Schenkel and defender Severino Espirito Santo.
Belgian team had some difficulties with getting through the defensive line, but once they did, in 33rd minute Robin Heger shot a fine-looking header goal after a cross from Florent Bosmans.
20 minutes later another header took St. Lel by surprise and Franck van Menen secured the win for ENB.

Sporting's Alfred Abdon had a very bad day - first he was given a yellow card for tackling one of the Belgians, and then his goal was disallowed by what was then confirmed as a falsely claimed off-side. His mistake was fixed by Marco Crovari, whose long distance shot made the entire "Stade de l'eau Rouge" go silent for a minute. Unforrtunately for the St. Lel side, it was the last goal in this match and after 90+ minutes, it was 2:1.

It definitely threw cold water on Sporting fans. Unfortunately for ALS foundations, no payments are expected.
DemocalypseNow

Post by DemocalypseNow »

FC Inter Leith won 2-1 as well....not that anyone cares.

Image Image
Pointrox

Post by Pointrox »

Inter Leith wins most friendlies, but...

Pre-season: Inter Leith 2 - 1 Dutch Robins
After their 2:0 defeat with ENB, Tasmanian side Dutch Robins had to give way to the expressive Italian football of Inter.
Leith took an early lead just 2 minutes after kick off with a corner from Arvhage and a brilliant finish from Albergaria.
They didn't maintain it for long, though - 4 minutes later Luuk Smit outran Inter's defence and after Alex Oesterweld's precise pass to the penalty area he scored an equalizer. It was 1:1 after six minutes.

The result stayed the same for most of the first half, until a sudden cross from Andrew Huck got through to Bergamo, who perfectly executed the header and outsmarted Koning to put the ball in Dutch Robins' goal, and by the 40th minute Leith was back on top.

Second half, despite many substitutions, brought no significant plays and Inter could celebrate their another pre-season win and assure themselves of being one of the main contenders for the trophy.
Pointrox

Post by Pointrox »

F1RFL Round 1

Rejects FC              -      Sporting St. Lel         1 - 4 (1 - 1)   
SC Red                  -      FC Stockholm Syndromes   3 - 2 (0 - 0)   
FC United               -      ENB                      1 - 3 (1 - 0)   
FC Baumurtidoerlatraz   -      Sonic FC                 0 - 1 (0 - 0)   
S.E. Palmeiras          -      F.C. Inter Leith         2 - 1 (0 - 1)
Aerospeed

Post by Aerospeed »

What happens when your best MF gets sent off? You let in two goals in stoppage time... :|

Ah well. Still a better start than Man Utd :?
Trulli bad puns...
Pointrox

Post by Pointrox »

You can look up the league standings after Round 1 here: http://f1rfl.usr.me
It will update automatically after each round so everyone can look it up without having to log in to X11 :P
Nessafox
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Nessafox »

Well, a good start! A bit lucky with our opponent totally self-destructing, but at least we took the chances that have been offered to us!
I don't know what i want and i want it now!
HawkAussie

Post by HawkAussie »

Well we are in the top 6 after the first round, even though we haven't played a match.
Officially Retired
Samster

Post by Samster »

Rejects FC live up to their name. Last place. :P
Pointrox

Post by Pointrox »

F1RFL Round 2

2014-09-25   Tasmaian Dutch Robins   -       S.E. Palmeiras      2 - 1 (1 - 0)   
2014-09-25   F.C. Inter Leith        -       Sporting St. Lel    2 - 0 (0 - 0)   
2014-09-25   FC Stockholm Syndromes  -       Rejects FC          2 - 0 (0 - 0)   
2014-09-25   Sonic FC                -       FC United           0 - 2 (0 - 1)   
2014-09-25   FC Baumurtidoerlatraz   -       SC Red              0 - 3 (0 - 2)

Standings after Round 2: http://f1rfl.usr.me
Aerospeed

Post by Aerospeed »

An eight-way tie for second! Then again, it's only the second game of the season :p
Trulli bad puns...
RedEyes504

Post by RedEyes504 »

Top of the League!!!!!!
Alexander Wurz is timeless and endless and eternal.