Forum Facts

The place for discussion of all aspects of the gprejects.com website
dr-baker

Re: Forum Facts

Post by dr-baker »

CoopsII wrote:
dr-baker wrote:which I believe is a homophone.

Lets not get into name-calling. Besides which Im a firm believer in live and let live.

I hope that's a deliberate misunderstanding! You never can tell on the internet...
watka wrote:I find it amusing that whilst you're one of the more openly Christian guys here, you are still first and foremost associated with an eye for the ladies!
dinizintheoven wrote:GOOD CHRISTIANS do not go to jail. EVERYONE ON FORMULA ONE REJECTS should be in jail.
MCard LOLA
CoopsII

Post by CoopsII »

DanielPT wrote:Those are some fine places, though a little bit off from what I consider to be where most British people go: Albufeira and Lagos

Hence why we try to avoid those places ;) :D
Just For One Day...
Wallio
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Wallio »

DanielPT wrote:
CoopsII wrote:
This wrote:We all have a lack of sex

Speak for yourself. I'm having sex right now.

You wish. You are married, sex is off the books. :lol:

I thought that was just a myth, but no, once I got married its very true. Reality bites. :P
Professional Historian/Retired Drag Racer/Whiskey Enthusiast

"He makes the move on the outside, and knowing George as we do, he's probably on the radio right now telling the team how great he is." - James Hinchcliffe on George Russell
dr-baker

Post by dr-baker »

Hmmm. So I am not going to get any before I marry, and I'm not going to get much afterwards. This sucks a little...
watka wrote:I find it amusing that whilst you're one of the more openly Christian guys here, you are still first and foremost associated with an eye for the ladies!
dinizintheoven wrote:GOOD CHRISTIANS do not go to jail. EVERYONE ON FORMULA ONE REJECTS should be in jail.
MCard LOLA
Butterfox
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Butterfox »

dr-baker wrote:Hmmm. So I am not going to get any before I marry, and I'm not going to get much afterwards. This sucks a little...

I'd rather say it doesn't suck at all :P
I don't know what i want and i want it now!
Wallio
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Wallio »

This wrote:
dr-baker wrote:Hmmm. So I am not going to get any before I marry, and I'm not going to get much afterwards. This sucks a little...

I'd rather say it doesn't suck at all :P

Well it does a little, in the beginning, if you do it right......

I'll get my coat
Professional Historian/Retired Drag Racer/Whiskey Enthusiast

"He makes the move on the outside, and knowing George as we do, he's probably on the radio right now telling the team how great he is." - James Hinchcliffe on George Russell
Ataxia
Not Important

Post by Ataxia »

Mitch Hedberg wrote:I want to be a race car passenger: just a guy who bugs the driver. Say man, can I turn on the radio? You should slow down. Why do we gotta keep going in circles? Man, you really like Tide...
dr-baker

Post by dr-baker »

Just realised that I got to over 11,000 posts. So I went back to find out which of my posts was my 11,000th. And it was this. I only got upset because his last sentence then sounded like an afterthought, which in context sounded a bit insensitive.
Last edited by dr-baker on 05 Sep 2014, 14:45, edited 1 time in total.
MCard LOLA
CoopsII

Post by CoopsII »

dr-baker wrote:Just realised that I got to over 11,000 posts. So I went back to find out which of my posts was my 11,000th. And it was this. I only got upset because the last sentence then sounded like an afterthought, which in context sounded a bit insensitive.

I'm not sure how it works but why don't you delete four posts (five if you reply to this one) and then make your 11,000th post something deep, inspirational and meaningful.

Or perhaps just a chucklesome meme. I like those.
Just For One Day...
dr-baker

Post by dr-baker »

CoopsII wrote:Or perhaps just a chucklesome meme. I like those.

Never done a meme before. Even less a chucklesome one. Sorry, but you're out of luck this time...
MCard LOLA
Jocke1

Post by Jocke1 »

CoopsII wrote: I'm not sure how it works but why don't you delete four posts (five if you reply to this one)

Delete ones own posts here at F1R is a bit complicated.

You are only able to delete your post if it is the last post made in a thread.
If anyone else has posted after you and your post is no longer the latest, you will be unable to delete your post.
That's how it is for me, anyway.
-*:-
dr-baker

Post by dr-baker »

Jocke1 wrote:
CoopsII wrote: I'm not sure how it works but why don't you delete four posts (five if you reply to this one)

Delete ones own posts here at F1R is a bit complicated.

You are only able to delete your post if it is the last post made in a thread.
If anyone else has posted after you and your post is no longer the latest, you will be unable to delete your post.
That's how it is for me, anyway.

Yep, same for me!
MCard LOLA
Butterfox
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Butterfox »

Well, apparently, somewhere in previous week, i must have had my 4000th post. That i only notice it 9 posts later shows how much i care about numbers.
I must say, that i do have a target to reach '100 useful posts' before the end of the year :lol:
HawkAussie

Post by HawkAussie »

This wrote:Well, apparently, somewhere in previous week, i must have had my 4000th post. That i only notice it 9 posts later shows how much i care about numbers.
I must say, that i do have a target to reach '100 useful posts' before the end of the year :lol:

And how many are you on?
Officially Retired
Butterfox
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Butterfox »

HawkAussie wrote:
This wrote:Well, apparently, somewhere in previous week, i must have had my 4000th post. That i only notice it 9 posts later shows how much i care about numbers.

And how many are you on?

Depends on who you ask.
DemocalypseNow

Post by DemocalypseNow »

This wrote:
HawkAussie wrote:

And how many are you on?

Depends on who you ask.

Well, as the team owner of Voeckler, and therefore the nominated individual for making all of This' important decisions, I would have to say he has 9 useful posts. All of these nine posts were on occasions he submitted to my greater judgement. Everything else he says or does is irrelevant.

Voeckler; all your decisions are belong to us! ;)
Novitopoli wrote:Everytime someone orders at Pizza Hut, an Italian dies.
Novitopoli wrote:Juve's Triplete: Calciopoli, doping & Mafia connections.

Image Image
Butterfox
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Butterfox »

Biscione wrote:
This wrote:
HawkAussie wrote:
And how many are you on?

Depends on who you ask.

Well, as the team owner of Voeckler, and therefore the nominated individual for making all of This' important decisions, I would have to say he has 9 useful posts. All of these nine posts were on occasions he submitted to my greater judgement. Everything else he says or does is irrelevant.

Voeckler; all your decisions are belong to us! ;)

Yes, mistress.
dr-baker

Post by dr-baker »

This wrote:Yes, mistress.

Oh no. Max Mosley just popped into my head with that statement. :evil:
MCard LOLA
Butterfox
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Butterfox »

dr-baker wrote:

You brought this upon yourself... With Biscione, 3 hours of work will make him slightly attractive, but for Mosley, there's not much hope :lol:
TheFlyingCaterham

Post by TheFlyingCaterham »

The amount of posts on the Andrea Sassetti memorial forum is 9000. Just one more post and.....
Resident Track Designer Addict

2016 F1Rejects Track Designing Competition Champion
2017 F1Rejects Track Designing Competition Runner-Up

More of a reader than a poster on these forums, so I won't post much compared to others.
DanielPT
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by DanielPT »

This wrote:
dr-baker wrote:

You brought this upon yourself... With Biscione, 3 hours of work will make him slightly attractive, but for Mosley, there's not much hope :lol:

I must say that I have worked with Biscione for the community podcast and although it wasn't a full 3 hours, I didn't noticed such effects. It must be you.
Colin Kolles on F111, 2011 HRT challenger: The car doesn't look too bad; it looks like a modern F1 car.
Butterfox
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Butterfox »

DanielPT wrote:
This wrote:
dr-baker wrote:Oh no. Max Mosley just popped into my head with that statement. :evil:

I must say that I have worked with Biscione for the community podcast and although it wasn't a full 3 hours, I didn't noticed such effects. It must be you.

With 'work', i mean 'dressing up', and yes, i'm willing to bet an avatar for it that i can make any guy on this forum into a hot girl! But also i need a minimum of €1000 budget and i'm not going to pay for that :lol:
DanielPT
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by DanielPT »

This wrote:With 'work', i mean 'dressing up', and yes, i'm willing to bet an avatar for it that i can make any guy on this forum into a hot girl! But also i need a minimum of €1000 budget and i'm not going to pay for that :lol:

If I was called Biscione, this was the very moment were I would start to get concerned. Very concerned. Perhaps it was best for Scotland to stay in the United Kingdom, otherwise we might have seen a surprise Belgian invasion of Scotland. :lol:
Colin Kolles on F111, 2011 HRT challenger: The car doesn't look too bad; it looks like a modern F1 car.
Butterfox
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Butterfox »

DanielPT wrote:
This wrote:With 'work', i mean 'dressing up', and yes, i'm willing to bet an avatar for it that i can make any guy on this forum into a hot girl! But also i need a minimum of €1000 budget and i'm not going to pay for that :lol:

If I was called Biscione, this was the very moment were I would start to get concerned. Very concerned. Perhaps it was best for Scotland to stay in the United Kingdom, otherwise we might have seen a surprise Belgian invasion of Scotland. :lol:

I could call you Biscione if that turns you on?

Hey don't look at me like that, crossdress/BDSM is still not as offensive as swimming horses!
dr-baker

Post by dr-baker »

This wrote:Hey don't look at me like that, crossdress/BDSM is still not as offensive as swimming horses!

Whatever works for you... :?
MCard LOLA
Butterfox
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Butterfox »

dr-baker wrote:
This wrote:Hey don't look at me like that, crossdress/BDSM is still not as offensive as swimming horses!

I could dress you up as a swimming horse, if you want?

(okay, i'll shut up, it's just so easy to make people here feel uncomfortable :D )
DanielPT
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by DanielPT »

This wrote:I could call you Biscione if that turns you on?

Nope. It does the opposite in fact.

This wrote:
dr-baker wrote:

I could dress you up as a swimming horse, if you want?

(okay, i'll shut up, it's just so easy to make people here feel uncomfortable :D )

The question here is not people being uncomfortable. As I told you previously, I am not called Biscione! :P The real question here is the reason why you want to crossdress others.
Butterfox
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Butterfox »

You really want me to answer that? :lol:

In short: i'm kind of being a parody of myself by over-exagerrating things and pulling them out of their context a lot. With purpose to test how good this forum copes with these kind of thing. I'm testing out how far one can go, so it will encourage people to be themselves, no matter how weird they are, because they know you people can deal with it. ;)
DanielPT
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by DanielPT »

This wrote:You really want me to answer that? :lol:

In short: i'm kind of being a parody of myself by over-exagerrating things and pulling them out of their context a lot. With purpose to test how good this forum copes with these kind of thing. I'm testing out how far one can go, so it will encourage people to be themselves, no matter how weird they are, because they know you people can deal with it. ;)

So, how is it going? That sociological experiment with us as your guinea pigs?
Butterfox
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Butterfox »

DanielPT wrote:
This wrote:You really want me to answer that? :lol:

So, how is it going? That sociological experiment with us as your guinea pigs?

We'll see if it worked when someone else tells things about themselves that are considered controversial by society. I'm just paving the road for others. (at least, i hope)

The reaction of this forum is very interesting, in the fact that the general reaction is 'yeah, whatever, do what you want'. This proves this forum is more open-minded when it really matters than most of internet, or at least not against it. In most places, you would expect hate messages rather soon. Well, i haven't received one yet, so i can say this place is LBGT-safe. Now why would i use this place as an experiment? Well, after all this is an autosport forum, a typical guy place. (At least, that's what society says). Fact is that typical guy places are usually very transphobic and homophobic into the extreme. The fact that reactions on here are reasonable, means this forum just passed a huge test. It also proves autosport is not an elite guy thing anymore. Don't worry about the lack of 'native females' here, this will just take time.
Then why over-exaggerating things in a self-humourous way? Well, it's a lot easier than just saying the truth, because of the simple fact that nobody takes it serious. People know what i'm saying is nonsens, but that there's also a hint of truth in it, because if it wasn't, i wouldn't say it. Humour is the best way to see how far you can go with people. And threatening to do it with others was just situational. Well, i have the feeling that i can now say 'things are going to change a lot, deal with it'. And it's not going to change for fun or for excitement. It's not actually a fetish, it's not just dressing up either, i was just very curious how the forum would cope with the thought of me as a female person. And altough i'm obviously different than other people here, people generally didn't see that one coming. Except for those who read the hints i already dropped. Nothing is without a reason.

More information than you wanted to know? I don't have to tell this, but i choose to do it anyway, because i like this forum, and i want this place to be a safe home for all people, no matter who they are.
Now who was that guy that wanted an LBGT team somewhere? Well, you can come out of your closet now, it's safe enough here! :D
DanielPT
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by DanielPT »

It wasn't more information than I wanted to know. It was the right amount of information you deemed that I needed to know. There are still things that might be controversial though. Like political discussions. Nevertheless I am happy we passed your test and that now you feel happy and free enough to go on about some Biscione fantasies! ;) Just don't declare a new found love for Vettel (when he is winning) or Hamilton, for that matter. It might be more dangerous than some declaration about alternative sexual tastes.
tristan1117
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by tristan1117 »

Um, well I was going to post about how I'm eventually going to drop off the front page of the post list because of the return of Captain Hammer, but I started reading the latest discussion and now I have nothing relevant to add. Carry on.
CoopsII wrote:On occasion I have ventured into the PMM forum but beat a hasty retreat soon after as it resembles some sort of bad acid trip in there
RonDenisDeletraz

Post by RonDenisDeletraz »

I could never really tell whether This was just being a humorous parody or was legit. Either way this is one of the more tolerant forums I have been on, from my experience most other motorsport fans I know are quite conservative and right wing
aerond wrote:Yes RDD, but we always knew you never had any sort of taste either :P

tommykl wrote:I have a shite car and meme sponsors, but Corrado Fabi will carry me to the promised land with the power of Lionel Richie.
dr-baker

Post by dr-baker »

RonDenisDeletraz wrote:I could never really tell whether This was just being a humorous parody or was legit. Either way this is one of the more tolerant forums I have been on, from my experience most other motorsport fans I know are quite conservative and right wing

At heart, I think I am actually quite conservative and right wing myself, but I try not to let that get in the way and friendship and respect for others. Like, for example, I disapprove of Sunday trading (but sometimes it's convenient...). And so long as nobody gay develops a crush or lust for me, why should it bother me what they get up to when I am not with them?
MCard LOLA
Butterfox
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Butterfox »

RonDenisDeletraz wrote:I could never really tell whether This was just being a humorous parody or was legit. Either way this is one of the more tolerant forums I have been on, from my experience most other motorsport fans I know are quite conservative and right wing

But yes, it was both a humourous parody and legit at the same time. It's not really the most orthodox strategy, but as i said, this is just a lot easier, and if the forum would react bad to it, at least they would just think it was a joke, or a cry for attention in the worst case (which maybe it is, slightly). But yeah, this once and for all proves the most people on here are tolerant (and those who aren't probably will not get away with not being so). I feel that especially questioning gender identity is a huge taboo within autosport fans, and sport fans in general. We came to the point that native girls are generally getting more and more accepted, and i'm really happy with that, but let's not forget everybody 'in between', even though their numbers will always be rather small. The only thing in the world that should be black and white is the chequered flag. And i'm far from finished!
And what i hope is that people become more courageous to just be open about whatever they feel, as long as it's not hurting others on purpose.
dr-baker

Post by dr-baker »

This wrote: The only thing in the world that should be black and white is the chequered flag.

Don't forget the "naughty boys' flag!"
MCard LOLA
AndreaModa

Post by AndreaModa »

dr-baker wrote:Like, for example, I disapprove of Sunday trading (but sometimes it's convenient...)

Sorry Baker but why on earth do you disapprove of that?!
I want my MTV...Simtek Ford

My Motorsport Photos

@DNPQ_
dr-baker

Post by dr-baker »

AndreaModa wrote:
dr-baker wrote:Like, for example, I disapprove of Sunday trading (but sometimes it's convenient...)

Brief Argument.
An economic argument.

Quite frankly, when I lived in France between September 2003 and June 2004, it was nice to have the town being nice and quiet, presumably with people spending more time with families and other cultural activities.
MCard LOLA
AndreaModa

Post by AndreaModa »

dr-baker wrote:
AndreaModa wrote:

Brief Argument.
An economic argument.

Quite frankly, when I lived in France between September 2003 and June 2004, it was nice to have the town being nice and quiet, presumably with people spending more time with families and other cultural activities.

Ah I see! Interesting arguments. ;)
I want my MTV...Simtek Ford

My Motorsport Photos

@DNPQ_
watka
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by watka »

I would say that the need for shops to be open "all hours" has been mainly driven as a response to online shopping which allows purchases all day every day. Retail outlets need to justify their existence by bring in as much trade as possible whilst the tide turns towards online purchases.

Therefore I think that the argument is a company reliant on shop revenues will be able to retain its current revenue being open for long hours and Sundays in the face of online competition rather than the argument being that a company will increase its revenues from the extra hours.
Watka - you know, the swimming horses guy