odd trouble with forum

The place for discussion of all aspects of the gprejects.com website
Ataxia
Not Important

Re: odd trouble with forum

Post by Ataxia »

Guys, stop fretting. There will be another forum if this place isn't fixed. We can continue our inane discussions and love of back markers there!
Mitch Hedberg wrote:I want to be a race car passenger: just a guy who bugs the driver. Say man, can I turn on the radio? You should slow down. Why do we gotta keep going in circles? Man, you really like Tide...
DanielPT
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by DanielPT »

Ataxia wrote:Guys, stop fretting. There will be another forum if this place isn't fixed. We can continue our inane discussions and love of back markers there!

I still believe this is a mere blip in our world conquering plans. What we need now is to gain access to the Caterham parts that were bound for auction. I am sure someone will build some servers out of that.
Colin Kolles on F111, 2011 HRT challenger: The car doesn't look too bad; it looks like a modern F1 car.
Salamander

Post by Salamander »

Ferrim wrote:Maybe we can start using this backup for a start: http://f1rejectsbackup.forumotion.com/

I believe Biscione is working on getting a workable alternate forum going, but in the meantime, I think we should all at least keep tabs on that forum, just in case the worst happens. I know Chrome is now flagging the forum as having malicious code.
Sebastian Vettel wrote:If I was good at losing I wouldn't be in Formula 1.
Everything's great.
I'm not surprised about anything.
CoopsII

Post by CoopsII »

On a positive note I'm less frightened at the prospect of either Skynet or The Matrix featuring in my (unwritten) future now.
Just For One Day...
roblo97

Post by roblo97 »

I have just emailed Jamie.
Mexicola wrote:
shinji wrote:
Mexicola wrote: I'd rather listen to a dog lick its balls. Each to their own, I guess.

Does listening to a dog licking its balls get you excited?

That's between me and my internet service provider.

One of those journalist types.
270 Tube stations in 18:42:50!
Ataxia
Not Important

Post by Ataxia »

roblomas52 wrote:I have just emailed Jamie.

You do realise that's going to do a grand total of nothing, right? Biscione's mailed him, as have others to no avail. Hate to say it, but he just doesn't care about what happens to this place any more.
Mitch Hedberg wrote:I want to be a race car passenger: just a guy who bugs the driver. Say man, can I turn on the radio? You should slow down. Why do we gotta keep going in circles? Man, you really like Tide...
OsellaFA1L

Post by OsellaFA1L »

To be honest, I would be a lot sadder about the site disappearing than the forum ending. All of our inane ramblings here are of no value compared to the vast range of content on the main site. I could try to accumulate as much stuff as possible off of the web archives and store it myself, but I am not sure if I have the time in the near future.
RIP Jules Bianchi

Only Bernie could pay his way out of a bribery court case
dr-baker

Post by dr-baker »

OsellaFA1L wrote:To be honest, I would be a lot sadder about the site disappearing than the forum ending. All of our inane ramblings here are of no value compared to the vast range of content on the main site. I could try to accumulate as much stuff as possible off of the web archives and store it myself, but I am not sure if I have the time in the near future.

Much as I love the forum, I would have to agree. Just so long as the podcast also keeps going!
watka wrote:I find it amusing that whilst you're one of the more openly Christian guys here, you are still first and foremost associated with an eye for the ladies!
dinizintheoven wrote:GOOD CHRISTIANS do not go to jail. EVERYONE ON FORMULA ONE REJECTS should be in jail.
MCard LOLA
DemocalypseNow

Post by DemocalypseNow »

I feel quite angry about this episode, frankly.

Time and time again we've offered to help run the place if Jenoch don't feel up to it anymore, and every time our offers have fallen on deaf ears. Now it's fallen into a state of decay through negligence that could have been avoided, if only a third web admin had been added. I could fix all the problems the site currently has in under an hour, if I had access. Heck, I'd even dump this pathetic excuse for a web host and move everything to the far superior Digital Ocean hosts, if I had access.

None of this stuff is particularly difficult. It's just a massive shame this place is being left to rot and die. Lots of us want to see the website saved, but we're all powerless to do anything about it, even if we're willing to step up. The content on this website is basically one of a kind, and it's all going to vanish...
Novitopoli wrote:Everytime someone orders at Pizza Hut, an Italian dies.
Novitopoli wrote:Juve's Triplete: Calciopoli, doping & Mafia connections.

Image Image
DanielPT
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by DanielPT »

Ataxia wrote:
roblomas52 wrote:I have just emailed Jamie.

You do realise that's going to do a grand total of nothing, right? Biscione's mailed him, as have others to no avail. Hate to say it, but he just doesn't care about what happens to this place any more.

I sincerely don't think it is like that. Not when you spend 15 years nurturing and keeping this place alive. It is just that when real life kicks in fully, priorities lie elsewhere as it should be. I also remind that an Enoch-Jamie fallout is still nothing more that a rumour and pure speculation. Patience.
Colin Kolles on F111, 2011 HRT challenger: The car doesn't look too bad; it looks like a modern F1 car.
FMecha

Post by FMecha »

Try tweeting @f1rejects? :)
PSN ID: FMecha_EXE | FMecha on GT Sport
roblo97

Post by roblo97 »

FMecha wrote:Try tweeting @f1rejects? :)

No
I don't have Twitter
Mexicola wrote:
shinji wrote:
Mexicola wrote: I'd rather listen to a dog lick its balls. Each to their own, I guess.

dr-baker

Post by dr-baker »

Is it relevant to the situation that, rather than getting redirected to a different website, now if I click on Image or Image, I get sent to f1rejects.com/forum/out%of%date or something similar? And yet the thread I was trying to read still gets marked as read, where previously it was unread.
watka wrote:I find it amusing that whilst you're one of the more openly Christian guys here, you are still first and foremost associated with an eye for the ladies!
dinizintheoven wrote:GOOD CHRISTIANS do not go to jail. EVERYONE ON FORMULA ONE REJECTS should be in jail.
MCard LOLA
AustralianStig

Post by AustralianStig »

What I find truly bizarre is that Enoch hasn't checked in by some other method. Surely he could still make another username and log on to let us know what has happened. Even if his IP address is blocked, well go to a public wifi place and use that.
Join the GP Rejects league at Fantasy F1: https://fantasy.formula1.com/join/?=2a1f25

CoopsII wrote:
Biscione wrote:To the surprise of no-one, Daniil Kvyat wins ROTR for Sochi, by a record margin that may not be surpassed for some time.

I always knew Marko read this forum.
Ferrim

Post by Ferrim »

I don't know how relevant this is, but Kuwashima has been online a few hours ago. I wonder why he hasn't told us anything.
Go home, Bernie Ecclestone!

"There will be no other victory this year, I can tell you, more welcomed than this one" Bob Varsha, 1995 Canadian GP

F1 Rejects Forums – going off-topic since 2009!
Dan B

Post by Dan B »

And now the site has been labeled as a "Reported Attack Site" by Firefox.

I'm wondering; did Enoch have his account compromised somehow? That might explain the ban.
DanielPT
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by DanielPT »

Ferrim wrote:I don't know how relevant this is, but Kuwashima has been online a few hours ago. I wonder why he hasn't told us anything.

He might have not said anything, but since early this morning (WEST time zone) that I have not been forwarded to weird places nor 'out of date' places.

EDIT: Forget the faster part... It is still a bit slow.
roblo97

Post by roblo97 »

i can confirm that in an e-mail sent to me and a couple of others, there are backup plans in place if there is no response by tomorrow morning.
Mexicola wrote:
shinji wrote:

CoopsII

Post by CoopsII »

roblomas52 wrote:i can confirm that in an e-mail sent to me and a couple of others, there are backup plans in place if there is no response by tomorrow morning.

How exciting! I just hope the new forum isnt established by someone I've annoyed over the years..
Just For One Day...
FMecha

Post by FMecha »

Nuppiz on backup forum wrote: I've just received an email from Jamie stating that, if Crosswinds' support doesn't reply by tomorrow morning (Sydney time), our section of propeller heads will have a go at fixing the server-side issues.

Also, there is no redirect attacks or warnings on my Android tablet. :)
PSN ID: FMecha_EXE | FMecha on GT Sport
RonDenisDeletraz

Post by RonDenisDeletraz »

CoopsII wrote:
roblomas52 wrote:i can confirm that in an e-mail sent to me and a couple of others, there are backup plans in place if there is no response by tomorrow morning.

How exciting! I just hope the new forum isnt established by someone I've annoyed over the years..

I know that is certainly the case for me :|
aerond wrote:Yes RDD, but we always knew you never had any sort of taste either :P

tommykl wrote:I have a shite car and meme sponsors, but Corrado Fabi will carry me to the promised land with the power of Lionel Richie.
Londoner

Post by Londoner »

RonDenisDeletraz wrote:
CoopsII wrote:

Stop being paranoid.
Fetzie on Ferrari wrote:How does a driver hurtling around a race track while they're sous-viding in their overalls have a better understanding of the race than a team of strategy engineers in an air-conditioned room?l
roblo97

Post by roblo97 »

RonDenisDeletraz wrote:
CoopsII wrote:

I have no idea what Biscione is doing with regards to the FR forum.
Mexicola wrote:
shinji wrote:

Wallio
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Wallio »

Damn this sucks. I thought it was just my phone acting up, now I see that it appears the end is neigh. As a historian, I agree with many on here that the loss of the site is the true loss. I myself used to read the GP Reviews and team/driver profiles for years before I joined the forums. Sad to lose all that data.

As to the new forum, I will join, if I am allowed. Biscione and I have butted heads more than a few times on here, but I can honestly say it was nothing personal, at least on my end.
Professional Historian/Retired Drag Racer/Whiskey Enthusiast

"He makes the move on the outside, and knowing George as we do, he's probably on the radio right now telling the team how great he is." - James Hinchcliffe on George Russell
CoopsII

Post by CoopsII »

Some dudes have unsportingly changed their names so I cant say for sure who I have or haven't butted heads with :lol: I'm sure no one will really have any problems. Maybe whatsisname will come back. Joey Zyla? Was that his name? Legend.
Just For One Day...
roblo97

Post by roblo97 »

CoopsII wrote:Some dudes have unsportingly changed their names so I cant say for sure who I have or haven't butted heads with :lol: I'm sure no one will really have any problems. Maybe whatsisname will come back. Joey Zyla? Was that his name? Legend.

Apple2009 and Joey Zyla are the same person.
Mexicola wrote:
shinji wrote:

DemocalypseNow

Post by DemocalypseNow »

CoopsII wrote:

Novitopoli wrote:Everytime someone orders at Pizza Hut, an Italian dies.
Novitopoli wrote:Juve's Triplete: Calciopoli, doping & Mafia connections.

Image Image
Bobby Doorknobs

Post by Bobby Doorknobs »

We're back! Thank you Biscione!
#FreeGonzo
Londoner

Post by Londoner »

Last edited by Londoner on 23 Oct 2014, 20:15, edited 1 time in total.
Fetzie on Ferrari wrote:How does a driver hurtling around a race track while they're sous-viding in their overalls have a better understanding of the race than a team of strategy engineers in an air-conditioned room?l
roblo97

Post by roblo97 »

Thanks biscione :D
Mexicola wrote:
shinji wrote:

pasta_maldonado
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by pasta_maldonado »

Until Biscione came along, I'd never owed a Scot so much gratitude. Fantastic work, thanks a lot.
Klon wrote:more liek Nick Ass-idy amirite?
Normal32

Post by Normal32 »

Biscione.....

Pasta_maldonado wrote:I think normal32 is an old English farmer re-incarnated
Eifelland

Post by Eifelland »

So is this forum now rehosted elsewhere? I see the link to F1 Rejects is totally gone, and eytl is back in green, or has Biscione just taken over the day to day running of it?
Jocke1 is my spirit animal

Forza Minardi. Forza Bianchi. Forza Rejects.
Nuppiz
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Nuppiz »

Eifelland wrote:So is this forum now rehosted elsewhere? I see the link to F1 Rejects is totally gone, and eytl is back in green, or has Biscione just taken over the day to day running of it?

The forum is still hosted on the same server. The main site remains inaccessible by Jamie & Enoch's request, and Enoch's rights have been restored on the forum.
Eurosport broadcast for the 1990 Mexican GP prequalifying:
"The Life, it looked very lifeless yet again... in fact Bruno did one, slow lap"
Eifelland

Post by Eifelland »

Nuppiz wrote:
Eifelland wrote:So is this forum now rehosted elsewhere? I see the link to F1 Rejects is totally gone, and eytl is back in green, or has Biscione just taken over the day to day running of it?

The forum is still hosted on the same server. The main site remains inaccessible by Jamie & Enoch's request, and Enoch's rights have been restored on the forum.

Thanks Nuppiz. Normal service is more or less resumed then, good. I'm still worried about losing the main site, I've been a regular reader of it since 2005 and it would be a pity to lose it.
Jocke1 is my spirit animal

Forza Minardi. Forza Bianchi. Forza Rejects.
Shizuka

Post by Shizuka »

Thanks guys! :)

Code: Select all

14:03   RaikkonenPlsCare   There's some water in water
pasta_maldonado
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by pasta_maldonado »

I'm getting an odd problem with the forum. It appears to be functioning correctly, which is quite odd... :P
Klon wrote:more liek Nick Ass-idy amirite?
Wallio
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Wallio »

Yay! Well done Biscione! We all owe ya one!
Professional Historian/Retired Drag Racer/Whiskey Enthusiast

"He makes the move on the outside, and knowing George as we do, he's probably on the radio right now telling the team how great he is." - James Hinchcliffe on George Russell
mario

Post by mario »

I have to add my thanks to Biscione for getting things back up and running again - it's good to be back again.
Martin Brundle, on watching a replay of Grosjean spinning:
"The problem with Grosjean is that he want to take a look back at the corner he's just exited"
RonDenisDeletraz

Post by RonDenisDeletraz »

Credit where credits due, thanks Biscotti for getting this madhouse up and running again
aerond wrote:Yes RDD, but we always knew you never had any sort of taste either :P

tommykl wrote:I have a shite car and meme sponsors, but Corrado Fabi will carry me to the promised land with the power of Lionel Richie.