Predicament Predictions - 2014 US of A Grand Prix

The place for speaking your mind on current goings-on in F1
Londoner

Predicament Predictions - 2014 US of A Grand Prix

Post by Londoner »

Time for this annual shizzle again. Deadline is the end of FP3.

East Londoner's Predictions
2014 Anniversary of Bo77as's first points Grand Prix

1. HAMILTONWINSLOL
2. Ricciardo
3. Bo77as
4. Massa
5. Alonso
6. Rosberg
7. Perez
8. Button
9. K-Mags
10. Maldozer

Pole: HAMILTONPOLELOL
Fastest lap: HAMILTONFASTESTLAPLOL
First retirement: Sutil (yeah, binning it on the first lap isn't best for business when your team desperately needs a point)
ROTR: Raikkonen (Kimi, please leave)
IIDOTR: Maldozer (finally, a point!)
DBTMOTR: Vettel (race was ruined by his engine penalty)
MLP: K-Mags
DNQ: Bernie Ecclestone
Fetzie on Ferrari wrote:How does a driver hurtling around a race track while they're sous-viding in their overalls have a better understanding of the race than a team of strategy engineers in an air-conditioned room?l
Ataxia
Not Important

Re: Predicament Predictions - 2014 US of A Grand Prix

Post by Ataxia »

Ataxia's Predictions
2014 FORMULA ONE UNITED STATES GRAND PRIX™

1. Hamilton
2. Rosberg
3. Bottas
4. Alonso
5. Ricciardo
6. Vettel
7. Magnussen
8. Hulkenberg
9. Button
10. Perez

Pole: Hamilton
Fastest lap: Alonso
First retirement: Massa
ROTR: Definitely not Bernie Ecclestone or the FORMULA ONE WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP™
IIDOTR: Nobody
DBTMOTR: Raikkonen
MLP: Magnussen
DNQ: Vettel
Mitch Hedberg wrote:I want to be a race car passenger: just a guy who bugs the driver. Say man, can I turn on the radio? You should slow down. Why do we gotta keep going in circles? Man, you really like Tide...
pasta_maldonado
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by pasta_maldonado »

Pasta's P-P-P-P-Pick up a Prediction™

Sponsored by DOLMIO™ . "When's your DOLMIO™ day?"

2014 FORMULA ONE UNITED STATES GRAND PRIX™

1. Nico ROSBERG™
2. Fernando ALONSO™
3. Valterri BOTTAS™
4. Daniel RICCIARDO™
5. Sebastien VETTEL™ (It rhymes with KETTLE™)
6. #2 for a REASON™
7. Kevin MAGNUSSEN™
8. Jenson PUSH THE BUTTON™ by THE SUGABABES™
9. MARVEL'S THE HULK™
10. Sergio PEREZ™

Pole: Valterri BOTTAS™
Fastest lap: Nico ROSBERG™
First retirement: Lewis HAMILTON
ROTR: [CENSORED™]
IIDOTR: The CASUALS™, for bothering to turn up
DBTMOTR: RAIKKONEN™
MLP: MAGNUSSEN™
DNQ: VETTEL™ , but it is allowed to start because of LAZY IMPLEMENTATION OF THIS RULE™
Klon wrote:more liek Nick Ass-idy amirite?
tommykl

Post by tommykl »

tommykl's Predictions
2014 BO77ASZINSLOL Grand Prix

1. Val77eri Bo77as
2. Rosberg
3. Hamilton
4. Ricciardo
5. Alonso
6. Massa
7. Magnussen
8. Button
9. Grosjean
10. Kvyat

Pole: Rosberg
Fastest lap: Bottas
First retirement: Maldonado
ROTR: Sauber
IIDOTR: Bottas
DBTMOTR: Vettel
kevinbotz wrote:Cantonese is a completely nonsensical f*cking alien language masquerading as some grossly bastardised form of Chinese

Gonzo wrote:Wasn't there some sort of communisim in the East part of Germany?
Shizuka

Post by Shizuka »

2014 USFarce Grand Prix

1. Hamilton
2. Rosberg
3. Ricciardo
4. Vettel
5. Bottas
6. Alonso
7. Massa
8. Button
9. Räikkönen
10. Magnussen

Fastest lap: Hamilton
First retirement: Grosjean
ROTR: Bernie Ecclestone
IIDOTR: boring race makes Bottas IIDOTR again
DBTMOTR: Grosjean

Code: Select all

14:03   RaikkonenPlsCare   There's some water in water
Miguel98

Post by Miguel98 »

2014 "Formula One™" AMERICAN GRAND PRIX™

1. LEWIS™
2. ROSBERG™
3. ALONSO™
4. BOTTAS™
5. MASSA™
6. PÉREZ™
7. BUTTON™
8. THE HULK™
9. VERGNE™
10. GUTIERREZ™

Pole Position: LEWIS™
Fastest Lap: LEWIS™
First Retirement: KVYAT™
ROTR: Everyone, but the drivers
IIDOTR: PÉREZ™
DBTMOTR: RAIKKONEN™
MLP: MAGNUSSEN™
DNQ: No one, except F1™ in general
Mario on Gutierrez after the Italian Grand Prix wrote:He's no longer just a bit of a tool, he's the entire tool set.

18-07-2015: Forever in our hearts Jules.
25-08-2015: Forever in our hearts Justin.
dinizintheoven

Post by dinizintheoven »

"Some kind of motorised race held in a city that's the polar opposite of its surrounding state, in a country with an unpleasant reputation for litigious activity, so let's be as non-specific as possible while still providing enough clues as to who, or what, I'm referring to, just without mentioning any of them directly"

1. "A driver who will remain nameless, but thinks he's starring in some kind of gangster rap video"
2. "A driver who will remain nameless, but whose dad had a moustache, a gold medallion and a habit of ingesting the fumes from a plant product banned in Bhutan and from all advertising"
3. "A driver who will remain nameless, but is from a country closely associated with driving very fast on muddy roads in a forest"
4. "A driver who will remain nameless, but is known for having very large eyebrows, is leaving his team at the end of the year... and is not from a country associated with tequila"
5. "A driver who will remain nameless, but whose name rhymes with the thing that the pot called black"
6. "A driver who will remain nameless, but was once hit on the head with a flying spring"
7. "A driver who will remain nameless, but is from a country associated with tequila, and doesn't have huge eyebrows"
8. "A driver who will remain nameless, but is known for never having any grip on his car, with a name that sounds like something you push"
9. "A driver who will remain nameless, but is from a country strongly associated with bacon"
10. "A driver who will remain nameless, but whose apparently-bankrupt team turns up unexpectedly, races, and scores - by the way, he's from the host country and the number on his car is the answer to life, the universe and everything" (hey, I can dream - it's all I've got at the moment...)

"Apparently starting from a position higher than everyone else": "the same driver who thinks he's in a gangster rap video"
"Apparently driving faster than everyone else round one complete circuit": "the same gangster rap video star again"
"Apparently spending less time in this race than anyone else": "a driver who will remain nameless, but is known for having very large eyebrows, is most likely leaving his team at the end of the year and if he doesn't, may not even have a team to go back to... and is from a country associated with tequila"
"Apparently some kind of award given to someone, not necessarily a driver, who does something hilariously bad": "an 80-something man who looks like a cross between a famous artist and a scarecrow and who has too much money and thinks it keeps him above the law"
"Apparently some kind of award given to a driver, at least it's usually a driver this time, whose performance goes above and beyond that which is expected": "that same driver from the apparently-bankrupt team" (yes, I'm still dreaming, and if you wake me up, there will be obscenities and violence)
"Apparently some kind of award given to a driver whose performance was far below that of the other driver in the same team": "a driver who will remain nameless, but who is associated with a vegetable-based soft drink from the host country, some kind of frozen dairy product, and excessive alcohol consumption"
"Apparently some kind of award given to the driver competing for this year-long sequence of events for the first time this year": "that same driver from the country associated with bacon"
"Apparently not taking part in the race, but allowed to do so anyway because he is not a driver who will remain nameless, but was the first to represent a country whose decorated piece of cloth looks superficially similar to the host country, only with a crescent and one star in the top left corner": "the driver whose name rhymes with the thing the pot called black" because that's already been set in stone. Oh, and those who should have been driving for that other allegedly-bankrupt team which won't be turning up this time.

The developments of the last couple of weeks have made me think "I really want this season to end now" rather that "I'm excited to see how it'll all pan out". Can you tell?
James Allen, on his favourite F1 engine of all time:
"...the Life W12, I can't describe the noise to you, but imagine filling your dustbin with nuts and bolts, and then throwing it down the stairs, it was something akin to that!"
W12

Post by W12 »

2014 BO77ASWINSLOL Grand Prix of the United States

1. BO77ASWINSLOL
2. Hamilton
3. Rosberg
4. Massa
5. Ricciardo
6. Button
7. K-Mags
8. Perez
9. Alonso
10. Räikkönen

Fastest lap: Rosberg
First retirement: Vettel (technical problems)
ROTR: Grosjean (last of the classified finishers)
IIDOTR: BO77AS (wins his first race)
DBTMOTR: Vettel (technical problems)
Born on the same day as HWNSNBM!

Fan of: Ricciardo, Räikkönen and Marussia (R.I.P?).
Dj_bereta

Post by Dj_bereta »

1. Bottas
2. Button
3. Massa
4. Vettel
5. Ricciardo
6. Magnussen
7. Alonso
8. Raikkonen
9. Perez
10. Vergne

Fastest lap: Vettel
First retirement: Hamilton/Rosberg
ROTR: Mercedes (Drivers collide, Hamilton blames everyone, internal chaos)
IIDOTR: Bottas
DBTMOTR: Magnussen
DNQ: 0
Waiting for Lotus hiring Johnny Cecotto jr.
DOSBoot

Post by DOSBoot »

2014 "Rossi Should Have Raced Here" Grand Prix

1. Hamilton
2. Rosberg
3. Bottas
4. Massa
5. Riccardo
6. Alonso
7. Perez
8. Vettel
9. Magnussen
10. Raikkonen

Fastest Lap: Hamilton
First Retirement: Gutierrez
ROTR: Formula 1
IIDOTR: Force India
DBTMOTR: Raikkonen
DNQ: None
Proud supporter of the United States 2nd Amendment.

2012 Predicament Predictions Champion.
Meatwad

Post by Meatwad »

Meatwad's predictions

2014 Give Rossi a Chance Grand Prix
1. Hamilton
2. Rosberg
3. Bottas
4. Massa
5. Magnussen
6. Ricciardo
7. Alonso
8. Räikkönen
9. Button
10. Vettel

ROTR: Sauber
IIDOTR: Vettel
DBTMOTR: Hülkenberg
TheFlyingCaterham

Post by TheFlyingCaterham »

dinizintheoven wrote:"Some kind of motorised race held in a city that's the polar opposite of its surrounding state, in a country with an unpleasant reputation for litigious activity, so let's be as non-specific as possible while still providing enough clues as to who, or what, I'm referring to, just without mentioning any of them directly"

1. "A driver who will remain nameless, but thinks he's starring in some kind of gangster rap video"
2. "A driver who will remain nameless, but whose dad had a moustache, a gold medallion and a habit of ingesting the fumes from a plant product banned in Bhutan and from all advertising"
3. "A driver who will remain nameless, but is from a country closely associated with driving very fast on muddy roads in a forest"
4. "A driver who will remain nameless, but is known for having very large eyebrows, is leaving his team at the end of the year... and is not from a country associated with tequila"
5. "A driver who will remain nameless, but whose name rhymes with the thing that the pot called black"
6. "A driver who will remain nameless, but was once hit on the head with a flying spring"
7. "A driver who will remain nameless, but is from a country associated with tequila, and doesn't have huge eyebrows"
8. "A driver who will remain nameless, but is known for never having any grip on his car, with a name that sounds like something you push"
9. "A driver who will remain nameless, but is from a country strongly associated with bacon"
10. "A driver who will remain nameless, but whose apparently-bankrupt team turns up unexpectedly, races, and scores - by the way, he's from the host country and the number on his car is the answer to life, the universe and everything" (hey, I can dream - it's all I've got at the moment...)

"Apparently starting from a position higher than everyone else": "the same driver who thinks he's in a gangster rap video"
"Apparently driving faster than everyone else round one complete circuit": "the same gangster rap video star again"
"Apparently spending less time in this race than anyone else": "a driver who will remain nameless, but is known for having very large eyebrows, is most likely leaving his team at the end of the year and if he doesn't, may not even have a team to go back to... and is from a country associated with tequila"
"Apparently some kind of award given to someone, not necessarily a driver, who does something hilariously bad": "an 80-something man who looks like a cross between a famous artist and a scarecrow and who has too much money and thinks it keeps him above the law"
"Apparently some kind of award given to a driver, at least it's usually a driver this time, whose performance goes above and beyond that which is expected": "that same driver from the apparently-bankrupt team" (yes, I'm still dreaming, and if you wake me up, there will be obscenities and violence)
"Apparently some kind of award given to a driver whose performance was far below that of the other driver in the same team": "a driver who will remain nameless, but who is associated with a vegetable-based soft drink from the host country, some kind of frozen dairy product, and excessive alcohol consumption"
"Apparently some kind of award given to the driver competing for this year-long sequence of events for the first time this year": "that same driver from the country associated with bacon"
"Apparently not taking part in the race, but allowed to do so anyway because he is not a driver who will remain nameless, but was the first to represent a country whose decorated piece of cloth looks superficially similar to the host country, only with a crescent and one star in the top left corner": "the driver whose name rhymes with the thing the pot called black" because that's already been set in stone. Oh, and those who should have been driving for that other allegedly-bankrupt team which won't be turning up this time.

The developments of the last couple of weeks have made me think "I really want this season to end now" rather that "I'm excited to see how it'll all pan out". Can you tell?

I half wanna translate this so it can be a bit easier to read. But then again, it's a good challenge to guess the drivers :P
Resident Track Designer Addict

2016 F1Rejects Track Designing Competition Champion
2017 F1Rejects Track Designing Competition Runner-Up

More of a reader than a poster on these forums, so I won't post much compared to others.
dinizintheoven

Post by dinizintheoven »

For 99% of those reading this forum, it shouldn't be that much of a challenge...
James Allen, on his favourite F1 engine of all time:
"...the Life W12, I can't describe the noise to you, but imagine filling your dustbin with nuts and bolts, and then throwing it down the stairs, it was something akin to that!"
CoopsII

Post by CoopsII »

dinizintheoven wrote:For 99% of those reading this forum, it shouldn't be that much of a challenge...

For you ;)
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_hobbies
Just For One Day...
tristan1117
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by tristan1117 »

tristan1117's Predictions

2014 USA GP
1. Sebastian Vettel
2. Bottas
3. Button
4. Magnussen
5. Alonso
6. Perez
7. Massa
8. Kvyat
9. Grosjean
10. Ricciardo

First retirement: Hulk
ROTR: Raikkonen
IIDOTR: Vettel for somehow winning despite his engine penalty
DBTMOTR: Kimi
DNQ: RIP Caterham
CoopsII wrote:On occasion I have ventured into the PMM forum but beat a hasty retreat soon after as it resembles some sort of bad acid trip in there
dr-baker

Post by dr-baker »

2014 Austin Allegro Grand Prix

1. Rosberg
2. Hamilton
3. Bottas
4. Massa
5. Alonso
6. Vettel
7. Ricciardo
8. Raikkonen
9. Button
10. Hulkenberg

First retirement: Maldonado
ROTR: Caterham/Marussia/F1/FIA/Bernard Charles Ecclestone
IIDOTR: Button
DBTMOTR: Gutierrez squared
DNQ: Vettel, Alonso, Chilton, Bianchi, Rossi, Lotterer, Kobayashi, Ericsson
watka wrote:I find it amusing that whilst you're one of the more openly Christian guys here, you are still first and foremost associated with an eye for the ladies!
dinizintheoven wrote:GOOD CHRISTIANS do not go to jail. EVERYONE ON FORMULA ONE REJECTS should be in jail.
MCard LOLA
RAK

Post by RAK »

RAK's Predictions
2014 "The Not-So-Crazy Bit of Texas" Grand Prix

1) Hamilton
2) Rosberg
3) Button
4) Bottas
5) Magnussen
6) Alonso
7) Raikkonen
8) Kvyat
9) Massa
10) Ricciardo

Fastest Lap: Hamilton
First Retirement: Gutierrez
ROTR: The FIA, Formula One and Bernie Ecclestone
IIDOTR: McLaren
DBTMOTR: Grosjean - just sick of the Lotus by this stage
DNQ: Vettel (well, Marussia and Caterham as well, but that's because they haven't entered)
Predicament Predictions Champion, 2011, 2018, 2019

They weren't the world's most competent team,
In fact, to be believed, their results must be seen,
Lola,
M-Mastercard Lola,
L, O, L, A, Lola!
roblo97

Post by roblo97 »

2014 "better be safe than sorry because I don't want to be sued" Grand Prix™ of The United States of America

1. Rosberg™
2. Hamilton™
3. Bottas™
4. Magnussen™
5. Alonso™
6. Ricciardo™
7. Raikkonen™
8. Button™
9. Perez™
10. Hulkenberg™

Fastest lap: Rosberg™
First retirement: Maldonado™
ROTR: F1™ in general
IIDOTR: Magnussen™
DBTMOTR: Button™
MLP: Magnussen™
DNQ: The percentage of truth when Don Pentecost says that his CLEAN ENERGY SOLUTION which will RID 'MERICUH OF THE NEED FOR MIDDLE LEAST OIL will finance his NEW 'MERICAN FORMULA 1 TEAM which will WIN ITS FIRST RACE AND ITS FIRST CHAMPIONSHIP with DON PENTECOST driving because DON PENTECOST is a TRUE 'MERICAN WORKING-CLASS BLUE-COLLAR HERO who will be looked up to by MILLIONS OF 'MERICANS and also his team is powered by JESUS. (0%)
(Thanks to dinizintheoven for the original post)
Mexicola wrote:
shinji wrote:
Mexicola wrote: I'd rather listen to a dog lick its balls. Each to their own, I guess.

Does listening to a dog licking its balls get you excited?

That's between me and my internet service provider.

One of those journalist types.
270 Tube stations in 18:42:50!
Bleu

Post by Bleu »

2014 Texas Grand Prix
1. Hamilton
2. Rosberg
3. Bottas
4. Button
5. Vettel
6. Alonso
7. Perez
8. Hülkenberg
9. Räikkönen
10. Magnussen
FL: Hamilton
1st ret: No one retires
ROTR: FOM money distribution
IIDOTR: Button
DBTMOTR: Magnussen
DNQ: -
watka
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by watka »

Watka's Predictions
2014 Where's Half The Grid? Grand Prix

1. Lewis Hamilton Jr
2. Nico Rosberg III
3. Daniel Billy-Bob Ricciardo
4. Colonel Valtteri Bottas
5. JJ Button
6. Kimi Raikkonen, brought to you in association with Coca-Cola
7. Kevin Magnussen Sr
8. Fernando Spyro T. Alonso
9. Checs Perez
10. A-Sutz in the Sauber

Fastest lap: Ricciardo
ROTR: The farce of the 1st qualifying session
IIDOTR: Ricciardo (keeping the Mercs honest)
DBTMOTR: Vettel
DNQ: None (that enter)
Watka - you know, the swimming horses guy
More_Blue_Flags

Post by More_Blue_Flags »

More_Blue_Flags Predictions
2014 US Grand Prix

1. Hamilton
2. Rosberg
3. Alonso
4. Bottas
5. Hulkenberg
6. Massa
7. Räikkönen
8. Ricciardo
9. Magnussen
10. Button

First retirement: Vettel
ROTR: Maldonaldo.
IIDOTR: Hulkenberg, great drive out of nowhere
DBTMOTR: Sutil - not that Gutierrez looks at all impressive, but at least he appears to be trying compared to Sutil.
DNQ: None
CoopsII wrote:Wouldnt it be lovely if just for once someone said "I really want to emulate Boutsen and get a decent, if not spectacular, result with some solid points".
SgtPepper

Post by SgtPepper »

Lewis Hamilton's home Grand Prix

1. Hamilton
2. Rosberg
3. Bully
4. Alonso
5. Button
6. Bottas
7. Hulk
8. KMags
9. Massa
10. Perez

First retirement:
ROTR: Vetlel
IIDOTR: KMags
DBTMOTR: Vetlel
MLP: KMags
F1 claim to fame - Offending Karun Chandhok 38 minutes into the Korean Grand Prix's FP1.

PSN: SgtPepperThe1st
GwilymJJames

Post by GwilymJJames »

#USGP

1. Rosberg
2. Ricciardo
3. Magnussen
4. Button
5. Alonso
6. Vettel
7. Massa
8. Raikkonen
9. Vergne
10. ----

P. Hamilton
FL. Rosberg
First Retirement: Hulkenberg
ROTR: Bernie & The FIA
IIDOTR: Magnussen
DBTMOTR: Hamilton
WARNING: Vettel fan.

Shut up Eccles!
Rocks with Salt

Post by Rocks with Salt »

Rocks with Salt's Predictions
'MURICAN Grand Prix

1. Hamilton
2. Rosberg
3. Vettel
4. Alonso
5. Ricciardo
6. Massa
7. Magnussen
8. Raikkonen
9. Bottas
10. Vergne

First retirement: Sutil
ROTR: The Stewards
IIDOTR: Alonso
DBTMOTR: Button

RandomBot's Predictions
2014 US GP

1. Grosjean
2. Hulkenberg
3. Vergne
4. Alonso
5. Button
6. Ricciardo
7. Sutil
8. Raikkonen
9. Hamilton
10. Kvyat

Pole: Alonso
First retirement: Kvyat
ROTR: Magnussen
IIDOTR: Magnussen
DBTMOTR: Gutierrez
...in bed.

1998 Monaco GP wrote:Murray Walker: A lot of people here are really debating if Riccardo Rosset is Formula 1 material.
Martin Brundle: Well, that's a fairly short debate, Murray.