The place for speaking your mind on current goings-on in F1
Klon
Site Donor
Site Donor

Re: Audi Gain 2016 F1 entry

Post by Klon »

DanielPT wrote:
Klon wrote:
takagi_for_the_win wrote:I'd imagine Rubens Barrichello is already blazing a trail up the autobahn to Ingolstadt, complete with 100% more reasons why he's the best driver in the paddock and a character witness signed by Rubens B., R. Barrichello and Eddie Jordan. Cos Eddie once had a team, don't ya know don't ya know.

Wouldn't it be nice, though? The old veteran finally getting his well-deserved title as a new manufacturer upsets the leaders?

Yes... I can already imagine it. Good sport Rubens Barrichello making way right on the final corner so that whoever is driving that other Audi (possibly Andre Lotterer) can clinch the drivers title while at the same time being pivotal in winning 'his' 7th manufacturers title. A record certainly and a way to finally get his well-deserved title (honorary, of course) of best team-mate ever.

Why, you little...
CoopsII

Post by CoopsII »

I so fell for this :oops: Good work you tricksters.
Just For One Day...
dr-baker

Post by dr-baker »

CoopsII wrote:I so fell for this :oops: Good work you tricksters.

Eh, what's that? What do you mean, "I so fell for this"? It's a thing! 8-)
watka wrote:I find it amusing that whilst you're one of the more openly Christian guys here, you are still first and foremost associated with an eye for the ladies!
dinizintheoven wrote:GOOD CHRISTIANS do not go to jail. EVERYONE ON FORMULA ONE REJECTS should be in jail.
MCard LOLA
More_Blue_Flags

Post by More_Blue_Flags »

CoopsII wrote:I so fell for this :oops: Good work you tricksters.

I don't think I'm spoiling anything now if I admit I fell for this at first as well. It's a good thing nobody else in the office is interested in F1 or I would have looked like a real goose by blurting out "Hey, guess what Audi are doing!" after I checked in on the forum during a lunch break.
CoopsII wrote:Wouldnt it be lovely if just for once someone said "I really want to emulate Boutsen and get a decent, if not spectacular, result with some solid points".
Backmarker

Post by Backmarker »

I hear Nick Wirth will be designing the chassis.
The Iceman Waiteth
What if Kimi Räikkönen hadn't got his chance in 2001?
DanielPT
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by DanielPT »

Backmarker wrote:I hear Nick Wirth will be designing the chassis.

I predict that chassis to be an instant winner. In fact I am going to nickname it "Crushinator".
Colin Kolles on F111, 2011 HRT challenger: The car doesn't look too bad; it looks like a modern F1 car.
Ataxia
Not Important

Post by Ataxia »

DanielPT wrote:
Backmarker wrote:I hear Nick Wirth will be designing the chassis.

I predict that chassis to be an instant winner. In fact I am going to nickname it "Crushinator".

YOO. HOO.
Mitch Hedberg wrote:I want to be a race car passenger: just a guy who bugs the driver. Say man, can I turn on the radio? You should slow down. Why do we gotta keep going in circles? Man, you really like Tide...
CoopsII

Post by CoopsII »

Just For One Day...
AustralianStig

Post by AustralianStig »

Autosport and it didn't happen? Is that some kind of paradox?
Join the GP Rejects league at Fantasy F1: https://fantasy.formula1.com/join/?=2a1f25

CoopsII wrote:
Biscione wrote:To the surprise of no-one, Daniil Kvyat wins ROTR for Sochi, by a record margin that may not be surpassed for some time.

I always knew Marko read this forum.
CoopsII

Post by CoopsII »

AustralianStig wrote:

Autosport and it didnt not did happen.
Just For One Day...
Bobby Doorknobs

Post by Bobby Doorknobs »

AustralianStig wrote:

It did happen. Audi just changed their minds and are now acting as if they never had plans to enter F1.
#FreeGonzo
nome66

Post by nome66 »

"he is flattered by what you have attempted, and i'm being informed that i feel the same way"
I believe in German BARawnda-Tyrrell-Simca(and it's working)

the only difference between the roman gladiators and racing drivers is that racing drivers sit inside the lion that is trying to kill them.
Wallio
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Wallio »

Simtek wrote:
AustralianStig wrote:

It did happen. Audi just changed their minds and are now acting as if they never had plans to enter F1.

It wasn't funny then, and it's just idiotic now.
Professional Historian/Retired Drag Racer/Whiskey Enthusiast

"He makes the move on the outside, and knowing George as we do, he's probably on the radio right now telling the team how great he is." - James Hinchcliffe on George Russell
noiceinmydrink

Post by noiceinmydrink »

Jeez, lighten up buttercup. It's fine if you don't find humour in this, no need to bring other people down.

Would have been interesting to see how Audi would have done in F1. They're beasts in the WEC, would they have been able to repeat that success in F1? I wouldn't have minded seeing them have a go at it, despite my disgust at the other big fat cats in the motorsport industry at this juncture.
Bobby Doorknobs

Mexicola wrote:Jeez, lighten up buttercup. It's fine if you don't find humour in this, no need to bring other people down.

Would have been interesting to see how Audi would have done in F1. They're beasts in the WEC, would they have been able to repeat that success in F1? I wouldn't have minded seeing them have a go at it, despite my disgust at the other big fat cats in the motorsport industry at this juncture.

They couldn't possibly do worse than Jaguar, and I could see them being more successful than Toyota within a few years. And who wouldn't love to see Audi and Mercedes resume their battles from the 1930s? Only this time without being propaganda tools.
#FreeGonzo
Waris

Post by Waris »

Simtek wrote:
Mexicola wrote:Jeez, lighten up buttercup. It's fine if you don't find humour in this, no need to bring other people down.

They couldn't possibly do worse than Jaguar, and I could see them being more successful than Toyota within a few years. And who wouldn't love to see Audi and Mercedes resume their battles from the 1930s? Only this time without being propaganda tools.

They'd still be propaganda tools, just not for a government. ;)
MOTOR RACING IS DANGEROUS
Bobby Doorknobs

#FreeGonzo
DemocalypseNow

Post by DemocalypseNow »

Benson is more suited to a fluff sports gossip column in The Sun than any sort of organisation that wants to make itself look even slightly professional.
Novitopoli wrote:Everytime someone orders at Pizza Hut, an Italian dies.
Novitopoli wrote:Juve's Triplete: Calciopoli, doping & Mafia connections.

Image Image
WeirdKerr
Location: on the edge of nowhere with a ludicrous grid penalty.....

Post by WeirdKerr »

Come on VAG do F1 and use the Seat brand with Alonso you know it makes sense...
sswishbone

Post by sswishbone »

Really not gonna happen this, I wish this pipe dream would just be put to bed
"Hispania are a waste of talent and petrol!" Martin Brundle, Australia Qualifying 2011

Live streams and podcasts from yours truly at http://www.youtube.com/user/sswishbone
Bobby Doorknobs

WeirdKerr wrote:Come on VAG do F1 and use the Audi brand with Lotterer you know it makes sense...

Fixed... Ah screw it, it's just not funny anymore.
#FreeGonzo