The Junior Series Thread

The place for speaking your mind on current goings-on in F1
DanielPT
Site Donor
Site Donor

Re: The Junior Series Thread

Post by DanielPT »

Ataxia wrote:Does anyone have a set of the Formula Renault 3.5 regulations at all? I am currently in need of them, and if someone has a link for me then I will love them forevermore.

Silly sugestion, but have you tried to contact them asking Renault for the regulations?
Colin Kolles on F111, 2011 HRT challenger: The car doesn't look too bad; it looks like a modern F1 car.
Ataxia
Not Important

Post by Ataxia »

DanielPT wrote:
Ataxia wrote:Does anyone have a set of the Formula Renault 3.5 regulations at all? I am currently in need of them, and if someone has a link for me then I will love them forevermore.

Silly sugestion, but have you tried to contact them asking Renault for the regulations?

I would do, but I'd be worried that I wouldn't have got the required source from them.

It's okay now though, a journalist who covers FR3.5 managed to point me in the right direction...I hope.
Mitch Hedberg wrote:I want to be a race car passenger: just a guy who bugs the driver. Say man, can I turn on the radio? You should slow down. Why do we gotta keep going in circles? Man, you really like Tide...
RAK

Post by RAK »

I'm not sure if these are still applicable, but the following link purportedly contains a list of sporting regulations for Formula Renault 3.5 in 2012.

www.circuitcat.com/documentos/carreras/ ... WS-ANG.pdf
Predicament Predictions Champion, 2011, 2018, 2019

They weren't the world's most competent team,
In fact, to be believed, their results must be seen,
Lola,
M-Mastercard Lola,
L, O, L, A, Lola!
Backmarker

Post by Backmarker »

Competing in the BRDC F4 Winter Series this year will be...Harrison Newey, son of Adrian. Can anyone else think of chassis designers who had motorsporting sons?
The Iceman Waiteth
What if Kimi Räikkönen hadn't got his chance in 2001?
good_Ralf

Post by good_Ralf »

Backmarker wrote:Competing in the BRDC F4 Winter Series this year will be...Harrison Newey, son of Adrian. Can anyone else think of chassis designers who had motorsporting sons?

Jack Brabham.
Check out the position of the sun on 2 August at 20:08 in my garden

Allard Kalff in 1994 wrote:OH!! Schumacher in the wall! Right in front of us, Michael Schumacher is in the wall! He's hit the pitwall, he c... Ah, it's Jos Verstappen.
cretoxyrhina

Post by cretoxyrhina »

good_Ralf wrote:
Backmarker wrote:Competing in the BRDC F4 Winter Series this year will be...Harrison Newey, son of Adrian. Can anyone else think of chassis designers who had motorsporting sons?

Jack Brabham.

Gordon Kimball.
Miguel98

Post by Miguel98 »

Buxton is going to stop comentanting on GP2 and GP3 races next year. :(

http://willthef1journo.wordpress.com/2014/11/10/a-very-warm-goodbye/

Noooooooo :(
Mario on Gutierrez after the Italian Grand Prix wrote:He's no longer just a bit of a tool, he's the entire tool set.

18-07-2015: Forever in our hearts Jules.
25-08-2015: Forever in our hearts Justin.
andrew

Post by andrew »

Miguel98 wrote:Buxton is going to stop comentanting on GP2 and GP3 races next year. :(

Please don't get martin haven commentating like he did on eurosport. Maybe Bruno senna can do it.
noiceinmydrink

Post by noiceinmydrink »

I must be the only one in the entire world who dislikes Buxton's commentary.
andrew

Post by andrew »

Mexicola wrote:I must be the only one in the entire world who dislikes Buxton's commentary.

I do believe you are, why is this? The onyx reason I can think is his promotion of Palmer.
Ataxia
Not Important

Post by Ataxia »

Miguel98 wrote:Buxton is going to stop comentanting on GP2 and GP3 races next year. :(

That's a huge shame. Will's commentary was excellent; it was informative, genuine and funny...he'll be VERY hard to replace.
Mitch Hedberg wrote:I want to be a race car passenger: just a guy who bugs the driver. Say man, can I turn on the radio? You should slow down. Why do we gotta keep going in circles? Man, you really like Tide...
noiceinmydrink

Post by noiceinmydrink »

andrew wrote:
Mexicola wrote:I must be the only one in the entire world who dislikes Buxton's commentary.

I do believe you are, why is this? The onyx reason I can think is his promotion of Palmer.

I'm not totally sure if I'm honest. It's not a full, proper dislike of it because I haven't heard enough of him to make a full on proper opinion/judgement. I guess the biggest thing I dislike about his commentary is that his commentary does not get me excited at all. I was listening to him on one of the GP2/GP3 races and I'd rather listen to a dog lick its balls. Each to their own, I guess.
Nessafox
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Nessafox »

andrew wrote:

Auto-correct?
I don't know what i want and i want it now!
shinji
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by shinji »

Mexicola wrote:
andrew wrote:

I'm not totally sure if I'm honest. It's not a full, proper dislike of it because I haven't heard enough of him to make a full on proper opinion/judgement. I guess the biggest thing I dislike about his commentary is that his commentary does not get me excited at all. I was listening to him on one of the GP2/GP3 races and I'd rather listen to a dog lick its balls. Each to their own, I guess.

Does listening to a dog licking its balls get you excited?
Better than 'Tour in a suit case' Takagi.
andrew

Post by andrew »

This wrote:
andrew wrote:

Auto-correct?

Haha yes!
noiceinmydrink

Post by noiceinmydrink »

shinji wrote:Does listening to a dog licking its balls get you excited?

That's between me and my internet service provider.
AdrianSutil

Post by AdrianSutil »

Mexicola wrote:

if this isn't the post of the year, I give up on Internets...
RIP NAN - 26/12/2014
RIP DAD - 9/2/2015

Currently building a Subaru Impreza to compete in the 2016 MSV Trophy.
PremierInn spokesperson for Great Ormond Street Hospital
Nessafox
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Nessafox »

AdrianSutil wrote:
Mexicola wrote:

if this isn't the post of the year, I give up on Internets...

The year is not over yet.
shinji
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by shinji »

Mexicola wrote:

Excellent response, put me right in my box.
Better than 'Tour in a suit case' Takagi.
danfilm007

Post by danfilm007 »

Mexicola wrote:
andrew wrote:

I agree actually, although his style's quite different to a lot of people's (mine included), not as much shouting as much informing.
f1andrea

Post by f1andrea »

Ataxia
Not Important

Post by Ataxia »

Even though we've not had any race running in GP3, Alex Lynn has finally secured the title after Stoneman couldn't manage a pole.
UncreativeUsername37

Post by UncreativeUsername37 »

danfilm007 wrote:
Mexicola wrote:I'm not totally sure if I'm honest. It's not a full, proper dislike of it because I haven't heard enough of him to make a full on proper opinion/judgement. I guess the biggest thing I dislike about his commentary is that his commentary does not get me excited at all. I was listening to him on one of the GP2/GP3 races and I'd rather listen to a dog lick its balls. Each to their own, I guess.

I agree actually, although his style's quite different to a lot of people's (mine included), not as much shouting as much informing.

He's very relaxed and calm no matter what's going on, sort of like he's permanently in practice commentary mode. It wouldn't work for something at the top of its pyramid, but it suits a feeder series well.
Rob Dylan wrote:Mercedes paying homage to the other W12 chassis by breaking down 30 minutes in
DanielPT
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by DanielPT »

I must said that, after having slated Vandoorne earlier this season, I am mightily impressed at how he adapted and let his talent to shine. I am now convinced that he is the best talent since Lewis Hamilton to show up. His rise through the ranks and performances in complete rookie seasons is very Hamiltonesque. If he is not in F1 at 2016 at the latest, it will be a travesty.
Colin Kolles on F111, 2011 HRT challenger: The car doesn't look too bad; it looks like a modern F1 car.
dr-baker

Post by dr-baker »

Beitske Vitter will remain in FR3.5 for another year! Resigned for AVF Racing! Hurrah! (AND it's been confirmed on Autosport!)
watka wrote:I find it amusing that whilst you're one of the more openly Christian guys here, you are still first and foremost associated with an eye for the ladies!
dinizintheoven wrote:GOOD CHRISTIANS do not go to jail. EVERYONE ON FORMULA ONE REJECTS should be in jail.
MCard LOLA
Nessafox
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Nessafox »

The Acceleration Series (that series that claimed to be the new A1GP) will merge with Auto GP from next year on. (sounds more to me like Auto GP will take over the whole thing)
Bobby Doorknobs

Post by Bobby Doorknobs »

This wrote:The Acceleration Series (that series that claimed to be the new A1GP) will merge with Auto GP from next year on. (sounds more to me like Auto GP will take over the whole thing)

Well that didn't last long. At least it's merging with a series that I can remember the existence of on a regular basis. :)
#FreeGonzo
dinizintheoven

Post by dinizintheoven »

I'd heard that there was supposed to be this A10 malarkey that was being discussed a while back here, but nothing ever came of it, or so I thought. The first I ever heard of this Acceleration series was a few days ago when the champion was announced on this forum...

They certainly kept that one quiet.
James Allen, on his favourite F1 engine of all time:
"...the Life W12, I can't describe the noise to you, but imagine filling your dustbin with nuts and bolts, and then throwing it down the stairs, it was something akin to that!"
Bobby Doorknobs

Another familiar name from the '90s has a son moving up the single seater ranks: http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/117196

Three years in FR2.0 and only 9th?!
#FreeGonzo
dr-baker

Post by dr-baker »

Both Auto GP and Formula Acceleration used the Lola B05/52, as originally used in A1GP, which was my favourite motorsport series for four years. Will I care about this new series as much? Doubt it, considering I knew next to nothing about FA and therefore cared about as much. FE replaced A1GP in my heart.
watka wrote:I find it amusing that whilst you're one of the more openly Christian guys here, you are still first and foremost associated with an eye for the ladies!
dinizintheoven wrote:GOOD CHRISTIANS do not go to jail. EVERYONE ON FORMULA ONE REJECTS should be in jail.
MCard LOLA
Captain Hammer

Post by Captain Hammer »

dr-baker wrote:I knew next to nothing about FA

The same can be said of all of us.
mario wrote:I'm wondering what the hell has been going on in this thread [...] it's turned into a bizarre detour into mythical flying horses and the sort of search engine results that CoopsII is going to have a very hard time explaining ...
dr-baker

Post by dr-baker »

Captain Hammer wrote:
dr-baker wrote:I knew next to nothing about FA

The same can be said of all of us.

I know next to nothing about Formula Acceleration.
I know next to nothing about Football Association.
I know next to nothing about Feck All.

Can the same still be said, Captain? I fear the answer is still yes...
MCard LOLA
Ataxia
Not Important

Post by Ataxia »

Salamander

Post by Salamander »

Not with Vandoorne still in the series.
Sebastian Vettel wrote:If I was good at losing I wouldn't be in Formula 1.
Everything's great.
I'm not surprised about anything.
Frogfoot9013

Post by Frogfoot9013 »

This wrote:The Acceleration Series (that series that claimed to be the new A1GP) will merge with Auto GP from next year on. (sounds more to me like Auto GP will take over the whole thing)

Probably missed some announcement somewhere, but will the rolling music festival that accompanied Formula Acceleration with acts like David Hasselhoff, Vengaboys, 2 Unlimited, Samantha Fox, Rick Astley, etc. be retained by Auto GP?

EDIT: Grammar fix.
James Hunt, commentating on the 1991 German Grand Prix wrote:The Benettons looking very smart together on the track, mostly because they're both going so slowly.
DanielPT
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by DanielPT »

Salamander wrote:

Not with Vandoorne still in the series.

Don't forget Marciello. He did somewhat poorly last season, but he might be a slower adapter. I expect him to be stronger this year.

And I have to say that, in terms of top talent, GP2 is now back to being well ahead of FR3.5. Although I will be looking forward to see how Nyck de Vries goes in that series.
Nessafox
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Nessafox »

Frogfoot9013 wrote:

Probably missed some announcement somewhere, but will the rolling music festival that accompanied Formula Acceleration with acts like David Hasselhoff, Vengaboys, 2 Unlimited, Samantha Fox, Rick Astley, etc. be retained by Auto GP?

EDIT: Grammar fix.

Oh, i actually heared about that music festival. I didn't know there was racing involved :lol:
golic_2004

Post by golic_2004 »

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/117322

Stefano Domenicali will be bringing back F2 in the near future.
Williams in the last few years http://imgur.com/sNFFMYF
Bobby Doorknobs

golic_2004 wrote:http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/117322

Stefano Domenicali will be bringing back F2 in the near future.

Hey! :P

That said, the idea of a merger between FR3.5 and GP2 sounds does sound interesting, if both parties were to agree to it.
#FreeGonzo
Londoner

Post by Londoner »

Dino Zamparelli isn't returning to GP3 in 2015 - he's instead racing in the worst BTCC support series. The Carerra Cup is such an insipid series. :|
Fetzie on Ferrari wrote:How does a driver hurtling around a race track while they're sous-viding in their overalls have a better understanding of the race than a team of strategy engineers in an air-conditioned room?l