2014 Brazilian Grand Prix (where Hamilton have bad luck)

The place for speaking your mind on current goings-on in F1
Aguaman

Re: 2014 Brazilian Grand Prix (where Hamilton have bad luck)

Post by Aguaman »

RAK wrote:
Aguaman wrote:Looking forward to the double points finale at Abu Dhabi. Sick of people whining about double points. Yeah sure I don't really like it kind of but it is not like a demon spawn child.

I think if a gimmick like double points has to be used, let it be at a place worthy of it, like Suzuka, Spa or Monaco, not a pancake-flat, dull-as-dishwater track in Abu Dhabi. As it stands, I'm annoyed at it, because it undeservedly raises the stature of Abu Dhabi when I believe the track shouldn't even be in the sport. I've begrudgingly learned to live with Bahrain, but Abu Dhabi has never delivered anything for me but disappointments and anti-climaxes.

I like the Abu Dhabi track....
DanielPT
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by DanielPT »

Aguaman wrote:I like the Abu Dhabi track....

Colin Kolles on F111, 2011 HRT challenger: The car doesn't look too bad; it looks like a modern F1 car.
Frogfoot9013

Post by Frogfoot9013 »

sswishbone wrote:Not quite a belt failure but Justin Wilson was flung around in the cockpit of his MInardi at Malaysia one season, 2002 or 2003 I think

Wasn't it something to do with his HANS device?
James Hunt, commentating on the 1991 German Grand Prix wrote:The Benettons looking very smart together on the track, mostly because they're both going so slowly.
Captain Hammer

Post by Captain Hammer »

RAK wrote:
Aguaman wrote:Looking forward to the double points finale at Abu Dhabi. Sick of people whining about double points. Yeah sure I don't really like it kind of but it is not like a demon spawn child.

I think if a gimmick like double points has to be used, let it be at a place worthy of it, like Suzuka, Spa or Monaco, not a pancake-flat, dull-as-dishwater track in Abu Dhabi. As it stands, I'm annoyed at it, because it undeservedly raises the stature of Abu Dhabi when I believe the track shouldn't even be in the sport. I've begrudgingly learned to live with Bahrain, but Abu Dhabi has never delivered anything for me but disappointments and anti-climaxes.

Didn't you watch the 2012 race?
mario wrote:I'm wondering what the hell has been going on in this thread [...] it's turned into a bizarre detour into mythical flying horses and the sort of search engine results that CoopsII is going to have a very hard time explaining ...
Bleu

Post by Bleu »

Pedro Lamy retired in Melbourne 1996 due to seatbelt problem.

Eddie Irvine opened his seatbelts after clash with Panis in Monaco 1996. He was then pushed a bit, could restart engine going downhill and pitted to tighten the belts again.
andrew

Post by andrew »

Aguaman wrote:
RAK wrote:

I like the Abu Dhabi track....

I think you better put that in the unpopular f1 opinions thread
roblo97

Post by roblo97 »

Captain Hammer wrote:
RAK wrote:

Didn't you watch the 2012 race?

That race was admittedly good and had some quite rejectful driving in it but I find it to be an exception to the general rule of thumb that the racing at Abu Dhabi is really rather boring.
Mexicola wrote:
shinji wrote:
Mexicola wrote: I'd rather listen to a dog lick its balls. Each to their own, I guess.

Does listening to a dog licking its balls get you excited?

That's between me and my internet service provider.

One of those journalist types.
270 Tube stations in 18:42:50!
Sublime_FA11C

Post by Sublime_FA11C »

Eh, i don't know, Bahrain produced a few stinkers but it also delivered 2014. Bahrain at least has an interesting layout though not a very racy one. Abu Dhabi is way to utilitarian. It's a test track that happens to be inculded on the calendar as a race and we know exactly why. Because the fans want it! (right?)
Leyton House wrote:Sauber - found out painting your car like an HRT will make it go like one.
Ed24

Post by Ed24 »

Considering Bottas was quite secretive about the seatbelts issue after the race, saying that he couldn't talk about it, do we assume that they were loose for a few laps before his stop?
"Don't believe everything you read on the Internet"
-Abraham Lincoln
Sublime_FA11C

Post by Sublime_FA11C »

Ed24 wrote:Considering Bottas was quite secretive about the seatbelts issue after the race, saying that he couldn't talk about it, do we assume that they were loose for a few laps before his stop?

I think he was trying to avoid laying the blame on his team for this one. He was asked directly wheter he holds the team responsible for the delay which compromised his race and just said "I can't really talk about it." He's got a bit of a reputation for being non-confrontational even when the cameras aren't rolling.

Considering that just over a year ago he was considered the most dissapointing rookie in F1 and utterly overhyped (not here though), it's just as well that he avoids running his mouth and prefers to be aggresive on track instead. The reputation that earned him now is that of a possible future champion.
See also: Confrontation, Maldonado, Foot-in-mouth.
Leyton House wrote:Sauber - found out painting your car like an HRT will make it go like one.
Aguaman

Post by Aguaman »

DanielPT wrote:
Aguaman wrote:I like the Abu Dhabi track....

:D

Seriously I like all the tracks in F1. There is not a track I dislike. I mean sure you get some stinkers in every Grand Prix, I mean you can't have exciting ones every year.
andrew2209

Post by andrew2209 »

Frogfoot9013 wrote:
sswishbone wrote:Not quite a belt failure but Justin Wilson was flung around in the cockpit of his MInardi at Malaysia one season, 2002 or 2003 I think

Wasn't it something to do with his HANS device?

Apparently the HANS device wasn't fitted properly, trapping a nerve, and causing him to lose feeling in his arms.

http://www.f1fanatic.co.uk/2010/04/07/t ... tirements/