40 Million Cap, New Teams anyone??

The place for speaking your mind on current goings-on in F1
Debaser

Re: 40 Million Cap, New Teams anyone??

Post by Debaser »

Faustus wrote:
Debaser wrote:As I'm a 16 year old I'll be the lackey: I'll make the tea and coffee, deal with phonecalls, do some photocopying...all the boring jobs.

The car won't clean itself mate!

I'll clean the car then-It will need cleaning with so much oil and burnt bodywork after the engine blows...
XurizManson

Post by XurizManson »

LionZoo wrote:
hclw wrote:in tribute to the f1rejects main page, the car should be designed according to 1999 regulations and should never ever change

Well considering the car design seems to be conforming to some set of regulations that isn't the 2009 one, I say we're halfway there! Rejected before the car ever sees a F1 track, that should be a new record!

Unfortunately, i don´t have a TrackMania model of the 1999 season. This model belongs to the BMW Sauber ´08.

But i can modify the orange Arrows from 2000, the most beautiful f1 car ever.

Just wait for a while. :arrow:
XurizManson

Post by XurizManson »

Okay... here is the launch of the nasty F1R-002. Where is Spider?

StoneColdSpider

Post by StoneColdSpider »

im here :P
but we dont have the money to test the car yet....
we are still waiting for the MasterCard money to come through :P
hehehe ;)
Im a sarcastic perverted tourist robbing Australian convict

"I want to grab Nick Fry and beat 3 shades of *BEEP* out of him
and have him rotating slowly over a spit!"
RejectSteve

Post by RejectSteve »

I suppose with my current occupation, I could be one of the mechanics. Also, if we need to jumble the standings or test in the wet, I operate an ice resurfacer, a big fancy machine which pumps out lots of water.
Nissanymania! Friday has never been the same since.

The car in front is a Stefan.
Ross Prawn

Post by Ross Prawn »

MY contact at Ferrari has just sent us the details of their 2009 KERS system. (Actually he found the plans in the bin at the back of the building.)
"Other than the car behind and the driver who might get a bit startled with the sudden explosion in front, it really isn't a major safety issue from that point of view,"
StoneColdSpider

ok.. the MasterCard money came through.. for now...
the car is even better than the last one....

Runs like a dog with no legs down the straight
handles corners like a submarine
and have the braking capability of a boat!
the steering wheel still has a horriable vibration....

sadly tho Debaser did to good a job of cleaning the car... the glare off it in the falling sun cause me to run wide and clip the barrier breaking the front left wishbone... but never fear.... just before i left the garage for the night i saw Peter Monteverdi trying to weld it back together!

CarlosFerreira

Post by CarlosFerreira »

Still, I'm glad we're not running a Double-D diffuser. This still qualifies us for points when the new, improved appeal is presented to the WMSC.
Stay home, Colin Kolles!
crazydude1992

Post by crazydude1992 »

Can I be #1 driver? I actually race AND I've got good excuses!
Artificial intelligence is no match for F1 rejectdom.
CarlosFerreira

Post by CarlosFerreira »

crazydude1992 wrote:Can I be #1 driver? I actually race AND I've got good excuses!

Your experience doesn't make me entirely secure as to your rejectdom-ability. However, your excuses experience will be useful. Fancy a place as PR?
Stay home, Colin Kolles!
Nuppiz
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Nuppiz »

Humph, all the good spots are already taken.

Still, I'm pretty handy with my BB Pistol, so I could be the teams' security officer. It isn't that much a lethal weapon (haven't tried though), but hey, then we could catch them evil spies alive!

I'm also adept in driving games so I could be, err, 3rd reserve driver? :D
Eurosport broadcast for the 1990 Mexican GP prequalifying:
"The Life, it looked very lifeless yet again... in fact Bruno did one, slow lap"
Debaser

Post by Debaser »

We're gonna have more reserve drivers than Midland had soon. Also I'm proud of my cleaning prowess, despite the crash I caused...
LukeB

Post by LukeB »

You can never have enough pay drivers talent!
Making up the numbers
crazydude1992

Post by crazydude1992 »

Im willing to sell my computer if I can race :mrgreen:
Salamander

Post by Salamander »

Don't know how, but I managed to actually get in the car and do a full yard. Then I wound up knocking the front wing off somehow.
Sebastian Vettel wrote:If I was good at losing I wouldn't be in Formula 1.
Everything's great.
I'm not surprised about anything.
Barbazza

Post by Barbazza »

In tribute to Monteverdi-Onyx, can someone make sure they fit the driveshaft the wrong way round and forget about it for a bit?
DonTirri
Location: Herttoniemi, Helsinki, Finland, Europe, Earth, Sol System, Milky Way.

Post by DonTirri »

Also, Don't forget to fit the car with Wet Weather tires even though its bone dry
I got Pointed Opinions and I ain't afraid to use em!
F1rejects no.1Räikkönen and Vettel fan.
BTW, thats Räikkönen with two K's and two N's. Not Raikonnen (Raikkonen is fine if you have no umlauts though)
hclw

Post by hclw »

engines are very expensive, too expensive for us. We have to accept the reality that we can't afford one.

Instead, all we need to do is put a cheap stereo in the car with a tape of pre-recorded engine noises. Turn the volume up to max and we will have the roar of a 17,000 rpm V8 monster for no money at all.

This f1 business is easier than I thought
Yannick

Post by Yannick »

The graphics of the car look great. I just cannot figure out who the pay driver is that brought along the Globo TV sponsorship. Maybe we thought we had a test and replacement driver signed up. Maybe his manager told him, he had better chances of getting in some track time in a Brazilian car, where he would have to share the 3rd driver ride with 5 other drivers, one of them being Giedo Van Der Garde? So said driver jumped ship, tore apart his printing of his contract with F1 Rejects Racing Ltd. and jumped into the Copersucar spare car instead? Maybe the guy is better off with that ride anyway than with the Life W12 pushing him on.
If I remembered the driver's name, it would be clear whom Enoch has to sue now. But as long as we cannot figure out, we must keep the Globo TV logos on the car, otherwise we can't sue them for money, like SuperAguri did when SS United didn't pay up.

Besides that, I hear that F1 Rejects Racing Ltd. had a falling-out with the tyre manufacturer Bridgestone, so they don't have a tyre supply and must run on wet tyres that the other teams don't need when it's dry.

And it's of utmost importance that F1 Rejects Racing copies Ferrari's automatted Lollipop man traffic lights system from last year. That is a sure way to win the nosecone championship.

And how the Life W12 engine ever got under the engine freeze is beyond me. Maybe because it never ran long enough to be hot.

I have just one slight criticism: the numbers on the car should not be below 30. A car like the Spirit-Honda from the 80s ran with number 40 on it, the number that Forti Corse never got. F1 Rejects Racing Ltd. should get numbers 47 and 48, and move into the pit stalls accordingly, which should find them somewhere in the middle of the support race pitlane.
"I don't think we should be used to finance (the manufacturers') R&D because they will produce that engine anyway" said Monisha Kaltenborn.
"You will never see a Mercedes using a Ferrari engine or the other way round."
DonTirri
Location: Herttoniemi, Helsinki, Finland, Europe, Earth, Sol System, Milky Way.

Post by DonTirri »

Also, to be in the spirit of Rejectdom, the car should feature the following things:

- No sidepods a la Ligier JS23
- Periscope mirrors a la Eifelland
- Midwing a la McLaren MP4/10
- viking horns a la McLaren MP4-20
- Periscope Airbox on the rear a la AGS JH22
- Ironingboard front wing a la March 711
- Teapot Airbox a la Ligier JS5
- Armchair cockpitwalls a la Ferrari F310
With those addons, the car would be a true reject design
I got Pointed Opinions and I ain't afraid to use em!
F1rejects no.1Räikkönen and Vettel fan.
BTW, thats Räikkönen with two K's and two N's. Not Raikonnen (Raikkonen is fine if you have no umlauts though)
RejectSteve

Post by RejectSteve »

hclw wrote:engines are very expensive, too expensive for us. We have to accept the reality that we can't afford one.

Instead, all we need to do is put a cheap stereo in the car with a tape of pre-recorded engine noises. Turn the volume up to max and we will have the roar of a 17,000 rpm V8 monster for no money at all.

This f1 business is easier than I thought
So you also own the three World of Sounds/Dolphin's Formula 1 Sounds albums?

As far as engines goes, we can always show up without them and try to borrow an engine from a fellow backmarker team (Ferrari?). While we are at it, do we have a tyre pressure gauge or will we borrow one of those too?

thehemogoblin

Post by thehemogoblin »

I'll run PR into the ground, since I'm a journalism student.
StoneColdSpider

and when we go to brazil we have to heldup at gunpoint at traffic lights and have all our laptops stolen :)

Ross Prawn

Post by Ross Prawn »

And it's of utmost importance that F1 Rejects Racing copies Ferrari's automatted Lollipop man traffic lights system from last year. That is a sure way to win the nosecone championship.

My contact has found the original in a scrapyard outside Modena. :D

Also thinks that he can get the plans of this years, highly technically advanced BMW-Sauber very cheap.
"Other than the car behind and the driver who might get a bit startled with the sudden explosion in front, it really isn't a major safety issue from that point of view,"
Ross Prawn

Post by Ross Prawn »

And Max found me five girls to brighten up the pits a bit.

Nuppiz
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Nuppiz »

StoneColdSpider wrote:and when we go to brazil we have to heldup at gunpoint at traffic lights and have all our laptops stolen :)

Sorry about that, forgot my gun home. :)
Eurosport broadcast for the 1990 Mexican GP prequalifying:
"The Life, it looked very lifeless yet again... in fact Bruno did one, slow lap"
hclw

Post by hclw »

Do we even need any sponsorship? Honda are a successful multi-billion pound corporation who employ thousands of people, and if they felt that sponsorship was beneath them then perhaps so should we.

We should employ the wizards from Honda to come up with a brilliant environmental or humanitarian message to be plastered over the car. I've spent the last 30 seconds developing a "Pollution Bad" concept, where we use the car to show people that pollution is bad. The car should show pictures of sea birds covered in oil, fish choking in blackened rivers and mice trapped in discarded beer cans.

This Pollution Bad concept doesn't bring in any money, but it will give us good PR. And that's the important thing
Yannick

Post by Yannick »

Working with borrowed engines of different manufacturers and if none is available, with a stereo system emulating engine sounds is priceless. Now who wouldn't want to be at the wheel in the pits when giving the "Sounds of Formula 1" CD a spin in the car?
"I don't think we should be used to finance (the manufacturers') R&D because they will produce that engine anyway" said Monisha Kaltenborn.
"You will never see a Mercedes using a Ferrari engine or the other way round."
Debaser

Post by Debaser »

We could use the sponsoeship Tyrrell had when they had "Xena: Warrior Princess" as a sponsor...
Frentzen127

Post by Frentzen127 »

I offer to bring Filling, Fondmetal, Safra and Sega sponsorship by means not to be disclosed at this point.
I might as well get my hand on some Mugen engines, hopefully also screwing a better backmarker team than ourselves. ;)
They probably won't fit in the car anyways.
DEPORTIVO CA... pfft hahaha can't say that with a straight face!
Misses Minardi dearly. :(
RejectSteve

Post by RejectSteve »

Ross Prawn wrote:And Max found me five girls to brighten up the pits a bit.

Wait a minute here... Max, five girls, and a choking hazard? Instead of fireproof overalls, we should just wear the old Honda neon-green shorts and ANTSMSW5PG shirts.

hclw wrote:We should employ the wizards from Honda to come up with a brilliant environmental or humanitarian message to be plastered over the car. I've spent the last 30 seconds developing a "Pollution Bad" concept, where we use the car to show people that pollution is bad. The car should show pictures of sea birds covered in oil, fish choking in blackened rivers and mice trapped in discarded beer cans.

And all the insects falling out of the sky and fans suffocating from another engine explosion. Not only do we show "Pollution Bad," but we make it an interactive experience! Take that Honda!

crazydude1992

Post by crazydude1992 »

DonTirri wrote:Also, to be in the spirit of Rejectdom, the car should feature the following things:

You forgot the 2007 Honda dumbo ears
RejectSteve

Post by RejectSteve »

crazydude1992 wrote:
DonTirri wrote:Also, to be in the spirit of Rejectdom, the car should feature the following things:

You forgot the 2007 Honda dumbo ears

We could easily attach those on the front of a nose with radiators (the Ensign posted in the JDD forums) and vertical panels further back on the nose (French GP Sauber C24 I think).

Waris

Post by Waris »

Holy shite, that new livery looks good. But where did you get "GLOBO TV" from? Also, I think any F1 team has to be a constructor, so either we have to get involved with Reynard/Lola/whomever through some kind of partnership deal, or build our own chassis. Anyone trained in mechanics?

And um... yeah, I guess I could do something... I'm not very good at anything, except lots of weird shite that aren't useful in any way. I'm a little artsy, so I was going to ask if I could design the livery, but that black Andrea Moda-ish one looks stunning already. I could drive too, I guess. We could always hire existing drivers, if we can get some money to pay their salaries. You realize every driver has to get a superlicence, eh? I'm not sure if some of the older people here can get out of their cockpit in 10 seconds... :mrgreen:

Also, I can budget-cap myself and spend €10 less in the next three months, so I can retroactively donate €30 before the team entrance deadline...
MOTOR RACING IS DANGEROUS
Waris

Post by Waris »

I think we already have more potential employees than AGS ever had. We should save up on salaries by making it a volunteer project.

Oh, also, shouldn't we have a shoot-out, with the slowest drivers getting the driver seats, and the others all becoming test drivers? :lol:
MOTOR RACING IS DANGEROUS
thehemogoblin

Post by thehemogoblin »

Waris wrote:I think we already have more potential employees than AGS ever had. We should save up on salaries by making it a volunteer project.

Oh, also, shouldn't we have a shoot-out, with the slowest drivers getting the driver seats, and the others all becoming test drivers? :lol:

Come on, we're trying to be a legitimate team here... we're not out to be Spyker reincarnate.
Alianora La Canta

Post by Alianora La Canta »

Come on, we're trying to be a legitimate team here... we're not out to be Spyker reincarnate. {thehemoglobin - previous post}

Oof! Still, I see your point that we need serious racers.
Ross Prawn

Post by Ross Prawn »

I have just arranged for Lewis Hamilton to give a motivational speech to our new team. Its called , 'I'm really cool, 8-) unique and just great, but you are all tossers.' Apparently it has worked well at McLaren.

Unfortunately his fee for the speech was 40 Million. :(
CarlosFerreira

Post by CarlosFerreira »

Ross Prawn wrote:I have just arranged for Lewis Hamilton to give a motivational speech to our new team. Its called , 'I'm really cool, 8-) unique and just great, but you are all tossers.' Apparently it has worked well at McLaren.

Unfortunately his fee for the speech was 40 Million. :(

He was rubbish yesterday, wasn't he? Jeez...
Stay home, Colin Kolles!
noshpit

Post by noshpit »

Does this mean we might see adrian newey as a junior driver for RBR just so that they can pay his wage. He was done lemans a couple of times so he probably could cope.