KL-racer's F1 management: 2007 Season finale/ROTY UP!

Archive for the three above subforums
RedEyes504

Re: KL-racer's F1 Management:2007 Turkish GP up/post YDT pla

Post by RedEyes504 »

Great result for Heidfeld, and for the test we would like to put Javier Villa and Borja García in the cars for the test
Alexander Wurz is timeless and endless and eternal.
roblo97

Post by roblo97 »

Ferrari would like to test out Jose Maria Lopez and Nico Hulkenberg.
Mexicola wrote:
shinji wrote:
Mexicola wrote: I'd rather listen to a dog lick its balls. Each to their own, I guess.

Does listening to a dog licking its balls get you excited?

That's between me and my internet service provider.

One of those journalist types.
270 Tube stations in 18:42:50!
mrfakeboullier

Post by mrfakeboullier »

Midland will test Markus Winkelhok and Romain Grosjean
Miguel98

Post by Miguel98 »

First podium for our very small history, great! :)

And Andre scoring his first points is also good. Hopefully he can improve further, as the season goes along.

Prodrive will run in the YDT Nicolas Lapierre and Álvaro Parente.
Mario on Gutierrez after the Italian Grand Prix wrote:He's no longer just a bit of a tool, he's the entire tool set.

18-07-2015: Forever in our hearts Jules.
25-08-2015: Forever in our hearts Justin.
Klon
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Klon »

Toyota will participate in the YDT with Kazuya Oshima and J. R. Hildebrand. if either of these is not available for whatever reason, we will give that drive to Kohei Hirate.
FMecha

Post by FMecha »

Super Aguri will test Hiroki Yoshimoto and AJ Allmendinger :)
PSN ID: FMecha_EXE | FMecha on GT Sport
Normal32

Post by Normal32 »

We will use Sebastien Buemi and Matias Rossi in the YDT.
Pasta_maldonado wrote:I think normal32 is an old English farmer re-incarnated
Peteroli34

Post by Peteroli34 »

Honda will test at the YDT with

Adam Carroll
Ben Hanley
Collieafc

Post by Collieafc »

Toro Rosso will pick for the YDT (If experienced enough):
Daniel Riccardo
Kamui Kobayashi

In addition, if he is experienced enough, is it possible for Kobayashi to deputise for Yamamoto? (who would have been swappedfor Ho Pin Tung anyway if Hamilton didnt have his crash) If it does not affect sponsorship?
DanielPT wrote:Life usually expires after 400 meters and always before reaching 2 laps or so. In essence, Life is short.
Phoenix

Post by Phoenix »

Renault will test with Timo Glock and Lucas di Grassi.
KL-racer

Re: KL-racer's F1 Management:2007 YDT TEST UP!

Post by KL-racer »

So, it has been more than five days already, I decided to fill up the Red Bull and Carlin seats with drivers that raced in the GP2 series in 2007 that weren’t selected in advance, because Wallio and Ice1racing didn’t submit their plans in time. As a result, these two teams will receive only half of the money they would had gotten by the RNG which is now finished. The money amounts next to the team’s name is the amount that will be added to your budgets.

And by the way, since Markus Winkelhock raced in this alternate universe this season, he wasn’t eligible, so his name was replaced by Mikhail Aleshin. Same thing goes for Sebastien Buemi, who is also not eligible because he raced the Carlin for a few races in this alternate season. In that case, Bruno Senna was the replacement.

On a final note, regarding Kamui Kobayashi replacing Sakon Yamamoto for Japan and Brazil, it all depends on his result in the YDT, if he ends up 15th or better, then I would approve Kobayashi to make his F1 debut otherwise you would have to either stick with Yamamoto or sign a different driver. So here's the entry list

2007 YDT Entry list

Renault 2.3 million
Timo Glock
Lucas Di Grassi

Ferrari 2.7 million
Jose Maria Lopez
Nico Hulkenberg

McLaren-Mercedes 2.7 million
Matias Rossi
Bruno Senna

Midland-Ferrari 0.8 million
Romain Grosjean
Mikhail Aleshin

Toyota 2.5 million
Kazuya Oshima
JR Hildebrand

Honda 1.7 million
Adam Carroll
Ben Hanley

Red Bull-Cosworth 0.65 million
Luca Filippi
Marcos Martinez

Sauber-BMW 1.6 million
Javier Villa
Borja Garcia

Williams-Toyota 1.4 million
Kaz Nakajima
Jerome D'Ambrosio

Prodrive-Mercedes 0.5 million
Nicolas Lapierre
Alvaro Parente

Toro Rosso-Renault 2.5 million
Daniel Riccardo
Kamui Kobayashi

Super Aguri-Honda 1 million
Hiroki Yoshimoto
AJ Allmendinger

Carlin-BMW 1.35 million
Andy Soucek
Roldan Rodriguez

And before I forget here’s the YDT results from Barcelona

1 Lucas Di Grassi 1:22.729 Renault
2 Timo Glock +0.571 Renault
3 Kaz Nakajima +1.106 Williams-Toyota
4 Luca Filippi +1.398 Red Bull-Cosworth
5 Nicolas Lapierre +1.588 Prodrive-Mercedes
6 Bruno Senna +1.592 McLaren-Mercedes
7 Javier Villa +1.851 Sauber-BMW
8 Jose Maria Lopez +2.169 Ferrari
9 Adam Carroll +2.200 Honda
10 Borja Garcia +2.333 Sauber-BMW
11 Andy Soucek +2.649 Carlin-BMW
12 Kazuya Oshima +2.958 Toyota
13 Roldan Rodriguez +2.990 Carlin-BMW
14 JR Hildebrand +3.038 Toyota
15 Hiroki Yoshimoto +3.225 Super Aguri-Honda
16 Romain Grosjean +3.354 Midland-Ferrari
17 Kamui Kobayashi +3.561 Toro Rosso-Renault
18 Marcos Martinez +3.564 Red Bull-Cosworth
19 Nico Hulkenberg +3.650 Ferrari
20 Jerome D’Ambrosio +4.002 Williams-Toyota
21 Ben Hanley +4.096 Honda
22 Alvaro Parente +4.186 Prodrive-Mercedes
23 Daniel Riccardo +4.366 Toro Rosso-Renault
24 Mikhail Aleshin +4.403 Midland-Ferrari
25 Matias Rossi +4.496 McLaren-Mercedes
26 AJ Allmendinger +4.669 Super Aguri-Honda

The next round from China, should be posted within the next couple days or so.
Now posted to PMMF . . . F1 management 2011!

After yet another long intermission . . . I finally posted round 8. What will happen in the second half? Stay Tuned
Miguel98

Re: KL-racer's F1 Management:2007 YDT TEST UP!

Post by Miguel98 »

Because of his YDT performance, Nicolas Minassian will be promoted into Prodrive's Test Driver, alongside Andreas Zuber.
Mario on Gutierrez after the Italian Grand Prix wrote:He's no longer just a bit of a tool, he's the entire tool set.

KL-racer

Re: KL-racer's F1 Management:2007 CHINA GP UP!

Post by KL-racer »

Round 16 China

So, with Alonso unofficially clinching his third driver’s title in a row, the F1 circus will be flying away from Europe for the final stretch run in the championship. The next round is at Shanghai, which has one of the longer back straights in F1. However, the team’s championship is still wide open.

Qualifying results:

1 Fernando Alosno 1:33.590
2 Kimi Raikkonen +0.601
3 Michael Schumacher +0.605
4 Sebastian Vettel +0.874
5 JP Montoya +0.967
6 Pedro De La Rosa +1.196
7 Jarno Trulli +1.207
8 Nico Rosberg +1.715
9 Nick Heidfeld +1.983
10 Ralf Schumacher +2.158
11 Giancarlo Fisichella +2.166
12 Christian Klien +2.173
13 Andre Lotterer +2.247
14 Mark Webber +2.301
15 Jenson Button +2.528
16 Jacques Villeneuve +2.538
17 Christjan Albers +2.897
18 Giedo Van der Garde +2.941
19 Robert Kubica +2.946
20 Heikki Kovalainen +2.993
21 Alexander Wurz +3.001
22 Sakon Yamamoto +3.079
23 Anthony Davidson +3.186
24 Ho-Pin Tung +3.816
25 Takuma Sato +3.912
26 EJ Viso +3.993

Race Summary:

On the first lap, Heikki Lost his front wing braking into turn 6. Lap 4, Albers suffered from a loose Front-right wheel, forcing him to retire early. Lap 22, Lotterer retired with a suspension issue. Lap 33, Kimi Retired with transmission failure. Lap 37, Vettel Spun off at turn 1 and dropped down the order. Lap 40, Viso crahsed out and with 9 laps left to go Van der Garde’s engine blew up. In the end, Alonso won the race, and at least De La Rosa finished on the podium again.

Race Results:

1 Fernando Alonso 1:32:24.731
2 Michael Schumacher +41.509
3 Pedro De La Rosa +1:17.024
4 Jarno Trulli +1:26.544
5 JP Montoya +1:27.647
6 Nico Rosberg 1 lap
7 Ralf Schumacher 1 lap
8 Nick Heidfeld 1 lap
9 Christian Klien 1 lap
10 Sebastian Vettel 1 lap
11 Giancarlo Fisichella 1 lap
12 Jacques Villeneuve 1 lap
13 Robert Kubica 1 lap
14 Jenson Button 1 lap
15 Mark Webber 1 lap
16 Heikki Kovalainen 1 lap
17 Sakon Yamamoto 1 lap
18 Anthony Davidson 1 lap
19 Alexander Wurz 1 lap
20 Takuma Sato 2 laps
21 Ho-Pin Tung 2 laps
DNF Giedo Van der Garde Engine
DNF EJ Viso Accident
DNF Kimi Raikkonen Transmission
DNF Andre Lotterer Suspension
DNF Christjan Albers Loose wheel

ROTR: Vettel, for doing a massive choke job while trying to lap slower traffic.

Paddock News:

Toro Rosso still hasn’t named a Replacement for Yamamoto for Fuji and Interlagos

Rumors are swirling as who will be Hamilton’s teammate for the final two races of the season after Kobayashi was deemed not ready for F1 after the YDT. According to the rumors around the factory, Scott Speed, who was recently released by Prodrive, Luca Filippi, who tested the Red Bull at the YDT and David Coulthard who hasn’t raced in the 2007 season yet are on the short list of possibilities.

The FIA announces a meeting with the team owners regarding 2008!

Obviously, the FIA is not pleased about the state of the sport right now, especially given the Alonso and Renault domination this season. So, the FIA has requested that all 13 team owners come to their offices at Paris to discuss modifications to make it better. Among the proposals on the table are the following, and you would have to vote YES or NO on each one.

Proposal 1: Should I Switch to Grand Prix 4, (11 teams max) instead of Grand Prix 2 (13 teams max) for the 2008 season? If I do switch to GP4, the lowest two teams in the 2007 team’s championship will not be allowed to race in 2008 which as of right now would be Carlin and Super Aguri.
Proposal 2: Should KERS be allowed as an option one year earlier than expected, as a team-by-team decision whatever to use it in 2008? The proposed cost would be $10 million. The added HP of the KERS on each team that decides to use it will be determined by RNG at the start of 2008. You can upgrade this effect during the test sessions.
Proposal 3: Should I put air restrictors on the current 2.4 V8 engines? The negative HP effect of the air restrictor on each engine maker will be determined by RNG at the start of 2008 and it’s a one-time effect.

After yet another long intermission . . . I finally posted round 8. What will happen in the second half? Stay Tuned
Collieafc

Re: KL-racer's F1 Management:2007 CHINA GP UP/VOTING!

Post by Collieafc »

Toro Rosso would like to approach David Coulthard to deputise for Yamamoto for the remaining 2 races - we believe Coulthard provides a wealth of experience which a growing team like ourselves could benefit from. In addition, if his two performances are favourable, we may ask Coulthard if we can extend his services into 2008 as well

FIA meeting, Toro Rosso:
For proposal 1, we vote NO - We feel less teams will not make a positive difference to the competitiveness of the F1 grid, if anything it would have a negative impact as it would both reduce the chance a random element in races (retirements, shunts into backmarkers, etc) which can lead to interesting results, and rob spectators of exciting racing further down the field as removing backmarker teams will not make a difference to Renaults dominance. Whats more, with less teams, we would see less drivers in F1, and upcoming drivers would be limited in securing a path into F1 when there are 4 less seats.

For proposal 2, we vote NO - We believe KERS will not make enough of a difference to the field in catching up to Renault in just one season and if anything will only widen the gap between rich and poor teams due to its cost. Toro Rosso have been blessed with a phenominal talent in Lewis Hamilton this season who has done well to regularly break into the top 6 - Similarly Prodrive have worked well as a unit on a shoestring budget to be in 5th place in the Constructors title. Allowing KERS a season early would only allow wealthier teams a quick shortcut back to the top and undo all the good work from the likes of ourselves and Prodrive

For proposal 3, we vote YES - Although we have stated our case for the above, proposal 3 has no cost whatsoever, and the lower power output would slow the cars and encourage safety. If this stops another accident similar to what Lewis Hamilton experienced this season then it is worth it on that reason alone
DanielPT wrote:Life usually expires after 400 meters and always before reaching 2 laps or so. In essence, Life is short.
KL-racer

Post by KL-racer »

Collieafc wrote:Toro Rosso would like to approach David Coulthard to deputise for Yamamoto for the remaining 2 races - we believe Coulthard provides a wealth of experience which a growing team like ourselves could benefit from. In addition, if his two performances are favourable, we may ask Coulthard if we can extend his services into 2008 as well

FIA meeting, Toro Rosso:
For proposal 1, we vote NO - We feel less teams will not make a positive difference to the competitiveness of the F1 grid, if anything it would have a negative impact as it would both reduce the chance a random element in races (retirements, shunts into backmarkers, etc) which can lead to interesting results, and rob spectators of exciting racing further down the field as removing backmarker teams will not make a difference to Renaults dominance. Whats more, with less teams, we would see less drivers in F1, and upcoming drivers would be limited in securing a path into F1 when there are 4 less seats.

For proposal 2, we vote NO - We believe KERS will not make enough of a difference to the field in catching up to Renault in just one season and if anything will only widen the gap between rich and poor teams due to its cost. Toro Rosso have been blessed with a phenominal talent in Lewis Hamilton this season who has done well to regularly break into the top 6 - Similarly Prodrive have worked well as a unit on a shoestring budget to be in 5th place in the Constructors title. Allowing KERS a season early would only allow wealthier teams a quick shortcut back to the top and undo all the good work from the likes of ourselves and Prodrive

For proposal 3, we vote YES - Although we have stated our case for the above, proposal 3 has no cost whatsoever, and the lower power output would slow the cars and encourage safety. If this stops another accident similar to what Lewis Hamilton experienced this season then it is worth it on that reason alone

David Coulthard would be happy to sign with Toro Rosso, if you pay him a $400,000 salary that is. Of Course, he is nearing the end of his career anyway, so he's not demanding a massive paycheck.

As for your reasoning behind your votes, what a way to start off the voting process, you bought some strong points along to begin with. Let's hope the other teams can at least craft their reasoning as well as you can!

Wallio
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Wallio »

RBR votes NO for all three questions.
Professional Historian/Retired Drag Racer/Whiskey Enthusiast

"He makes the move on the outside, and knowing George as we do, he's probably on the radio right now telling the team how great he is." - James Hinchcliffe on George Russell
mrfakeboullier

Post by mrfakeboullier »

Midland Ferrari will vote no on all three proposals. Also, are we allowed to change team name for next season?
Klon
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Klon »

- Toyota says:
Proposal 1: No
Proposal 2: Yes
Proposal 3: No

One minor issue that could explain the WINSLOL nature of the series: are you (I presume you run the races in-game as NC races) making sure you exit the race once to properly adjust the RNG?
RedEyes504

Post by RedEyes504 »

BMW Sauber will vote

No - We believe it is within the interest of the sport to try and encourage smaller teams, not force them out
Yes - This is the technology of the future, we believe the sooner it is introduced the better
No - This is supposed to be the pinnacle of motorsport, why deliberately make the engines slower for no reason whatsoever
Normal32

Post by Normal32 »

1: No, we believe nothing should improve with that.
2: No, technology is not perfectioned, whats the point of risking drivers and staff segurity?
3: No, all explanation given above
Pasta_maldonado wrote:I think normal32 is an old English farmer re-incarnated
KL-racer

Post by KL-racer »

Klon wrote:- Toyota says:
Proposal 1: No
Proposal 2: Yes
Proposal 3: No

One minor issue that could explain the WINSLOL nature of the series: are you (I presume you run the races in-game as NC races) making sure you exit the race once to properly adjust the RNG?

Yes, the first part is correct, I am indeed running the races in-game as NC. As for the second part, I have to admit that I am not doing it properly. So, could you please PM the exact steps I should from the beginning of the race weekend to the end of the race weekend, so that for the future rounds and seasons, I know exactly what to do and in what order to do them in. Thank you, and FYI, I am using Grand Prix 2 for this series.

KL-racer

Post by KL-racer »

mrfakeboullier wrote:Midland Ferrari will vote no on all three proposals. Also, are we allowed to change team name for next season?

Yes, you can. You would still keep your budget and FIA prize money that you would earn this season. Feel free to change it after the season is over. Just make sure, you PM the new team name to me, so that I can approve it.

W12

Post by W12 »

Williams votes no for all three.
Born on the same day as HWNSNBM!

Fan of: Ricciardo, Räikkönen and Marussia (R.I.P?).
KL-racer

Post by KL-racer »

Yes, it me again, as for the latest update regarding the votes

I have to admit that all three proposals would be bad overall anyway and as Klon stated in his latest post, the WINSLOL nature needs to be fixed somehow. So, I want to make sure I am doing the race weekend process correctly. As a result, voting has been closed with all three proposals being denied. Thank you for stating your points, and as for the next round at Fuji, it would have to wait a little bit longer because Klon has to PM me the steps needed to do it correctly and I need to learn the steps as well.

KL-racer

Re: KL-racer's F1 Management:2007 JAPAN GP UP!

Post by KL-racer »

Round 17 Japan

Alright, just in case you didn't heard the memo before. I have decided to scrap all three proposals presented after the race at China because of how stupid they are. So, for the 2008 season, there would be no KERS, no air restrictors applied, and the grid will still contain 26 cars. Guess you guys liked it the way it is right now.

Back to more practical matters, the next round is at Fuji. The team’s championship is still not yet over and there’s still plenty of close positions to fight over in the pecking order. And by the way, David Coulthard will race the final two rounds for Toro Rosso.

Finally, Klon did indeed send me the proper method and it would be given its first test at this round. It wasn't as bad as I thought it was. Actually, it was pretty easy to do, let’s see if it produces different results!

Qualifying results

1 Fernando Alonso 1:21.788
2 Kimi Raikkonen +0.136
3 Lewis Hamilton +0.338
4 JP Montoya +0.428
5 Michael Schumacher +0.617
6 Jarno Trulli +0.774
7 Pedro De La Rosa +0.964
8 Mark Webber +1.009
9 Sebastian Vettel +1.068
10 David Coulthard +1.108
11 Nico Rosberg +1.113
12 Nick Heidfeld +1.153
13 Ralf Schumacher +1.249
14 Christian Klien +1.495
15 Alexander Wurz +1.825
16 Giancarlo Fisichella +1.838
17 Jacques Villeneuve +1.846
18 Andre Lotterer +1.891
19 Jenson Button +1.991
20 Heikki Kovalainen +2.071
21 Robert Kubica +2.130
22 Takuma Sato +2.519
23 Christjan Albers +2.559
24 Giedo Van der Garde +2.563
25 Anthony Davidson +3.181
26 EJ Viso +3.426

Shocking that Webber managed to qualify his Honda 8th, and Vettel struggled to qualified 9th. Likewise, a pleasant surprise was Wurz in 15th and Lotterer languishing down in 18th. Finally, give a nod to Sato for being faster than Albers.

Race Summary:

On lap 2, Alonso Collided with Raikkonen at Turn 1, his race was done. That’s his first DNF in a long time. Guess this new method really helped after all! On lap 3, Van der garde’s engine blew up on the run down to turn 2. On lap 5, Vettel’s engine blew up at the chicane, ending his day. Which means, a Renault double-DNF! Lap 7, Albers had a water leak, his day was also done very early. Lap 11, Montoya has an electrical issue from 3rd, but thankfully was able to make it back to pit lane in time, but he dropped way out of the points as a result. Lap 29, Kimi got by Hamilton for the race lead through the chicane. This didn’t last long, because on the next lap, Kimi’s engine blew up on the front straight from the lead, handing the lead back to Hamilton. On lap 32, Klien had an electrical issue from 9th but was able to make it back to the pits safely. On Lap 50, Rosberg had throttle issues and had to pit from 7th. On the next lap, Villeneuve retired with an engine failure from 9th. On lap 60, Kubica retired with an engine failure. Just as the fans were about to celebrate Hamilton 2nd win of this season, Hamilton’s engine failed on the run to the chicane on the second to last lap, giving the race win to M. Schumacher and Ferrari. He was classified as 11th and one lap down. However, Coulthard did pick up some slack for Toro Rosso, by finishing 6th in his first race of 2007.

Race Results:

1 Michael Schumacher 1:35:17.002
2 Pedro De La Rosa +14.890
3 JP Montoya +21.230
4 Nick Heidfeld +30.389
5 Jarno Trulli +36.796
6 David Coulthard +37.470
7 Ralf Schumacher +51.628
8 Mark Webber +1:02.008
9 Nico Rosberg +1:04.278
10 Christian Klien +1:25.950
11 Lewis Hamilton 1 lap (didn’t finish the race because of engine issues)
12 Giancarlo fisichella 1 lap
13 Jenson Button 1 lap
14 Heikki Kovalainen 1 lap
15 Andre Lotterer 1 lap
16 Alexander Wurz 1 lap
17 Takuma Sato 1 lap
18 Anthony Davidson 1 lap
19 EJ Viso 2 laps
DNF Robert Kubica Engine
DNF Jacques Villeneuve Engine
DNF Kimi Raikkonen Engine
DNF Christjan Albers Water Leak
DNF Sebatian Vettel Engine
DNF Giedo Van der Garde Engine
DNF Fernando Alonso Accident

ROTR: Hamilton’s Renault engine, for giving up the ghost!

Miguel98

Post by Miguel98 »

Another podium place, this is very good. :)

Also, for the last race of the season, we offer the 2nd seat, alongside Pedro de La Rosa, to brazilian Alexandre Negrão, if he has any money.

Phoenix

Post by Phoenix »

Renault is in favor of introducing a KERS system as we can feed some of the technology in our road cars in a future, making our investment more valuable. Also, we like the idea of cars having more power in the future. However, we don't want less cars on the grid as we think that would diminish the value of the sport, as well as the spectacle, and would turn some fans away. We also are against the power restrictions, seeing as this would make the racing less spectacular and enters in conflict with our wish of the cars having more power.
mrfakeboullier

Post by mrfakeboullier »

Midland would like to enquire about the availability of Renauly engines for next year in exchange for giving Timo Glovk one race in Brazil
KL-racer

Post by KL-racer »

mrfakeboullier wrote:Midland would like to enquire about the availability of Renauly engines for next year in exchange for giving Timo Glovk one race in Brazil

As is right now, all engine makers can only supply a maximum of two teams. Essentially, you would have to be lucky in the RNG engine bids for 2008 to get them away from Toro Rosso, because they are set to finish better in the team's championship than Midland. As for Timo Glock racing in Brazil, I assume you would be swapping out Robert Kubica for this final race of the season.

Collieafc

Post by Collieafc »

The Toro Rosso team when watching the penultimate lap...

At least Coulthard scored points on his debut.
mrfakeboullier

Post by mrfakeboullier »

Yes, it would be replacing Kubica (he's a pay driver from Ferrari so there are 'confincting sponsor issues')
KL-racer

Re: KL-racer's F1 Management:2007 SEASON FINALE UP!

Post by KL-racer »

The Final Round: Interlagos

Obviously, the biggest headline wasn’t Prodrive giving Alexandre Negaro his F1 debut at his home race, or even the current GP2 champion, Timo Glock making a one-off for Midland, but rather the hopefully epic conclusion to Renault vs. Ferrari for the team’s title. Renault are currently leading the team’s title by a measly 7 points heading into the final round. But Ferrari, who by the way are still hungry to defend their team’s title, despite losing out to Fernando Alonso in the Driver’s title, are hoping that they could pull off a massive comeback after being down to Renault for the vast majority of the season. Can Ferrari pull it off? There’s only one way to figure it out, let’s race!

Qualifying results:

1 Fernando Alonso 1:15.779
2 Kimi Raikkonen +0.090
3 JP Montoya +0.191
4 Lewis Hamilton +0.271
5 Michael Schumacher +0.536
6 Pedro De La Rosa +0.714
7 Jarno Trulli +0.838
8 Mark Webber +0.841
9 Nico Rosberg +0.924
10 Nick Heidfeld +0.937
11 David Coulthard +1.102
12 Sebastian Vettel +1.110
13 Ralf Schumacher +1.157
14 Christian Klien +1.329
15 Jacques Villeneuve +1.536
16 Timo Glock +1.668
17 Jenson Button +1.719
18 Giancarlo Fisichella +1.757
19 Alexander Wurz +1.900
20 Heikki Kovalainen +1.978
21 Takuma Sato +2.292
22 Christjan Albers +2.429
23 Giedo Van der Garde +2.634
24 Alexandre Negrao +2.641
25 Anthony Davidson +2.894
26 EJ Viso +3.340

Maybe Ferrari, has a chance after all, both of their cars are starting in the top 5 on the grid. Vettel starting in 12th, is a kind of a big deal, if he can’t score points in the race to help out Renault’s cause to steal the team’s title away from Ferrari. Glock was okay, but Negrao was kind of off the pace as he is still getting used to the F1 equipment.

Race Summary:

On lap 4, Alonso got punted off the road again at turn 1, but this time he fell back all the way to last place and was able to continue on. On Lap 24, Wurz had an oil leak, ending his F1 career with a DNF. Lap 30, Webber spun off track, he was able to continue but dropped a boatload of positions. Lap 38, Montoya had a Front-left suspension failure ending his race from 3rd. On Lap 42, De la Rosa suffered a loose wheel, ending his race from 4th. Lap 47, Heikki retired and three laps later, Trulli retired from 6th with a transmission problem. In the end, the Montoya DNF was too costly for M. Schumacher to do anything about defending the team’s title and since both Renaults did finish in the points, Reanult are now officially the 2007 Team’s trophy winners. As for the race itself, Kimi won over Lewis Hamilton and Alonso got by M Schumacher for 3rd with 15 laps left to go.

Race Results
1 Kimi Raikkonen 1:35:01.163
2 Lewis Hamilton +26.855
3 Fernando Alonso +40.770
4 Michael Schumacher +52.358
5 Sebastian Vettel +1:09.740
6 Nick Heidfeld +1:10.188
7 Nico Rosberg 1 lap
8 Ralf Schumacher 1 lap
9 David Coulthard 1 lap
10 Christian Klien 1 lap
11 Jacques Villeneuve 1 lap
12 Mark Webber 1 lap
13 Giancarlo Fisichella 1 lap
14 Timo Glock 1 lap
15 Jenson Button 1 lap
16 Takuma Sato 2 laps
17 Christjan Albers 2 laps
18 Giedo Van der Garde 2 laps
19 Alexandre Negrao 2 laps
20 Anthony Davidson 2 laps
21 EJ Viso 3 laps
DNF Jarno Trulli Transmisison
DNF Heikki Kovalainen Puncture
DNF Pedro De La Rosa Loose Wheel
DNF JP Montoya Suspension
DNF Alexander Wurz Oil leak

ROTR: No one!

Paddock News:

Jacques Villeneuve officially calls it quits on F1

After the race, as widely expected, Villeneuve has decided to retire from F1. In the conference room, Jacques stated that “I felt that I no longer can be competitive in F1, and I don’t want to be stuck near the back of the pecking order. So I will shift my focus back to North America”. In regards of what series would he do next, Jacques simply said, “I honestly don’t know but I do have a couple ideas that I am debating on.”

Would Red Bull remove their logos on the Toro Rosso for 2008?

After being harassed by Toro Rosso this season, rumors suggest that Toro Rosso might see their red bull logos being removed for 2008 by Red Bull. If that's the case, then essentially Toro Rosso needs to change their name somehow. In addition, Midland has seriously considering changing their name for 2008 as well.

Final Driver’s Standings

Alonso 132 pts
M Schumacher 106 pts
Raikkonen 85 pts
Montoya 68 pts
Hamilton 62 pts
Vettel 55 pts
De La Rosa 45 pts
Heidfeld 32 pts
Trulli 26 pts
R Schumacher 26 pts
Rosberg 22 pts
Fisichella 11 pts
Kilen 9 pts
Kubica 5 pts
Villeneuve 4 pts
Webber 4 pts
Kovalainen 3 pts
Coulthard 3 pts
Lotterer 2 pts
Button 2 pts

Final Team’s Standings

1 Renault 187 pts
2 Ferrari 175 pts
3 McLaren-Mercedes 111 pts
4 Toro Rosso-Renault 65 pts
5 Prodrive-Mercedes 47 pts
6 BMW Sauber 34 pts
7 Midland-Ferrari 27 pts
8 Toyota 26 pts
9 Williams-Toyota 14 pts
10 Honda 13 pts
11 Red Bull-Cosworth 4 pts
12 Carlin-BMW 0 pts
13 Super Aguri-Honda 0 pts

The final post will be . . . the ROTY podium, now is the time to post your nominations.

mrfakeboullier

Post by mrfakeboullier »

I nominate myself as ROTY for failing to continue Midland's form. Ah well. I'll be back for 08. Also, I've just downloaded GP2 and GP2Edit, and when I load up a new carset the liveries stay the same (1994 liveries). Can anyone help please?
Miguel98

Post by Miguel98 »

Well, ProDrive had a great season, and we for sure keeping going into 2008!

RedEyes504

Post by RedEyes504 »

BMW Sauber will continue with our plan to make Nick Heidfeld F1 world champion in 2008
W12

Post by W12 »

Williams will be back for 2008.
Born on the same day as HWNSNBM!

Fan of: Ricciardo, Räikkönen and Marussia (R.I.P?).
roblo97

Post by roblo97 »

Ferrari will get revenge on Renault and win in 2008.
Mexicola wrote:
shinji wrote:
Mexicola wrote: I'd rather listen to a dog lick its balls. Each to their own, I guess.

Does listening to a dog licking its balls get you excited?

That's between me and my internet service provider.

One of those journalist types.
270 Tube stations in 18:42:50!
Ice1Racing

Post by Ice1Racing »

Carlin will continue
Collieafc

Post by Collieafc »

Toro Rosso will head into 2008 in some way, shape or form and aim to keep our upward trajectory and provide Lewis Hamilton with a car that can challenge for wins more regularly.

ROTY Nominations are Red Bull for a massive nosedive from 2006, Trulli for only scoring 1/4 of his 2006 haul and Jenson Button for appearing to be woefully inept in this series!
Wallio
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Wallio »

With this board having died, and with my job and own race team taking up more and more of my life, I'm finding mself on here much much less. So RBR is open to anyone.
Professional Historian/Retired Drag Racer/Whiskey Enthusiast

"He makes the move on the outside, and knowing George as we do, he's probably on the radio right now telling the team how great he is." - James Hinchcliffe on George Russell