Site Donor
Site Donor

Re: The Marussia Thread

Post by Nessafox »

Rob Dylan wrote:
Reject ^8

Reject^9

etc, etc.
But I don't understand. Where does Alex Wurz come into all this?

Swimming horses, Minnie Mouse and Zoran Stefanovic, probably.
I don't know what i want and i want it now!
dr-baker

Post by dr-baker »

This wrote:
Rob Dylan wrote:
Reject ^8

Reject^9

etc, etc.
But I don't understand. Where does Alex Wurz come into all this?

Swimming horses, Minnie Mouse and Zoran Stefanovic, probably.

There's probably 1049 ways he comes into it... :roll:
watka wrote:I find it amusing that whilst you're one of the more openly Christian guys here, you are still first and foremost associated with an eye for the ladies!
dinizintheoven wrote:GOOD CHRISTIANS do not go to jail. EVERYONE ON FORMULA ONE REJECTS should be in jail.
MCard LOLA
dinizintheoven

Post by dinizintheoven »

There has to be 1,049 layers of rejectfulness of the car before Wurz shows his evil teeth.

Talking of which, Jocke1 seems to have scarpered. He posted a few times on one day in December, but otherwise hasn't been around for three months...
James Allen, on his favourite F1 engine of all time:
"...the Life W12, I can't describe the noise to you, but imagine filling your dustbin with nuts and bolts, and then throwing it down the stairs, it was something akin to that!"
Nessafox
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Nessafox »

dinizintheoven wrote:There has to be 1,049 layers of rejectfulness of the car before Wurz shows his evil teeth.

Talking of which, Jocke1 seems to have scarpered. He posted a few times on one day in December, but otherwise hasn't been around for three months...

He probably went to fight in Syria or something like that :P
Or maybe... Jocke's Wurz' theory is the reason the main website got down? It all makes sense now...

And eh, i know it sounds like an idea that only Bernie could think of, but perhaps we should get back to the topic.
UncreativeUsername37

Post by UncreativeUsername37 »

This wrote:And eh, i know it sounds like an idea that only Bernie could think of, but perhaps we should get back to the topic.

You never know what Marussia could do now that they don't exist.
Rob Dylan wrote:Mercedes paying homage to the other W12 chassis by breaking down 30 minutes in
roblo97

Post by roblo97 »

This wrote:
dinizintheoven wrote:There has to be 1,049 layers of rejectfulness of the car before Wurz shows his evil teeth.

Or maybe... Jocke's Wurz' theory is the reason the main website got down? It all makes sense now...

And eh, i know it sounds like an idea that only Bernie could think of, but perhaps we should get back to the topic.

I was chatting to him last night on GT6.
Mexicola wrote:
shinji wrote:
Mexicola wrote: I'd rather listen to a dog lick its balls. Each to their own, I guess.

Does listening to a dog licking its balls get you excited?

That's between me and my internet service provider.

One of those journalist types.
270 Tube stations in 18:42:50!
Bobby Doorknobs

Post by Bobby Doorknobs »

roblomas52 wrote:
This wrote:

And you're absolutely sure it wasn't one of Wurz's agents?
#FreeGonzo
roblo97

Post by roblo97 »

Simtek wrote:
roblomas52 wrote:
This wrote:He probably went to fight in Syria or something like that :P

Certain.
Mexicola wrote:
shinji wrote:
Mexicola wrote: I'd rather listen to a dog lick its balls. Each to their own, I guess.

Captain Hammer

Post by Captain Hammer »

Back on topic before we fall all the way down that rabbit hole, and Graeme Lowdon reckons Marussia have just 48 hours left before they reach the point of no return:

http://m.skysports.com/article/formula1//9650619
mario wrote:I'm wondering what the hell has been going on in this thread [...] it's turned into a bizarre detour into mythical flying horses and the sort of search engine results that CoopsII is going to have a very hard time explaining ...
CoopsII

Post by CoopsII »

Captain Hammer wrote:Back on topic before we fall all the way down that rabbit hole, and Graeme Lowdon reckons Marussia have just 48 hours left before they reach the point of no return:

I'm a glass-half-full sort of person myself too but surely he's just kidding himself by now? Shame.
Just For One Day...
dr-baker

Post by dr-baker »

roblomas52 wrote:
Simtek wrote:
roblomas52 wrote:I was chatting to him last night on GT6.

Certain.

How can you be certain? More to the point, how can we be sure that you are not one of his agents yourself?!
watka wrote:I find it amusing that whilst you're one of the more openly Christian guys here, you are still first and foremost associated with an eye for the ladies!
dinizintheoven wrote:GOOD CHRISTIANS do not go to jail. EVERYONE ON FORMULA ONE REJECTS should be in jail.
MCard LOLA
Captain Hammer

Post by Captain Hammer »

CoopsII wrote:
Captain Hammer wrote:Back on topic before we fall all the way down that rabbit hole, and Graeme Lowdon reckons Marussia have just 48 hours left before they reach the point of no return:

I'm a glass-half-full sort of person myself too but surely he's just kidding himself by now? Shame.

Maybe not - Wednesday's auction has been cancelled. No official reason has been given, but it is believed that they could be close to a deal:

http://m.skysports.com/article/formula1//9651987
mario wrote:I'm wondering what the hell has been going on in this thread [...] it's turned into a bizarre detour into mythical flying horses and the sort of search engine results that CoopsII is going to have a very hard time explaining ...
Pointrox

Post by Pointrox »

I want to believe! Image
Captain Hammer

Post by Captain Hammer »

Pointrox wrote:I want to believe! Image

I don't want to Scully you, but this is more of a temporary stay of execution than anything else. They still have no pit equipment and will need to relocate sooner rather than later.
RLeb

Post by RLeb »

So, they will be coming back, but they already sold their factory? How is that going to work? Or, am I missing something here? :lol:
"The sport is more important than anything, more important than any of the people in it." - Gilles Villeneuve
Captain Hammer

Post by Captain Hammer »

Nothing is set in stone yet. There was an auction scheduled for Wednesday, but it has been cancelled for the time being as they are in talks with a potential buyer. If the auction were to go ahead, it would make a deal impossible as vital equipment would be sold. But if the deal falls through, the auction will likely go ahead at a later date.

As for the factory being sold to Gene Haas, he doesn't need it straight away. They can lease it from him for the time being, and move during the year.
roblo97

Post by roblo97 »

dr-baker wrote:
roblomas52 wrote:
Simtek wrote:And you're absolutely sure it wasn't one of Wurz's agents?

Certain.

How can you be certain? More to the point, how can we be sure that you are not one of his agents yourself?!

Because I have no affiliation with any Alex Wurz fan club and also I could tell that it was Jocke on the other end of the line.
Mexicola wrote:
shinji wrote:

f1andrea

Post by f1andrea »

Asked what his level of confidence was that the team would be able to put a rescue deal together, Booth told BBC Sport: "Pretty high."

http://www.bbc.com/sport/0/formula1/30881741

C'mon Marussia!!!!
Backmarker

Post by Backmarker »

Captain Hammer wrote:Nothing is set in stone yet. There was an auction scheduled for Wednesday, but it has been cancelled for the time being as they are in talks with a potential buyer. If the auction were to go ahead, it would make a deal impossible as vital equipment would be sold. But if the deal falls through, the auction will likely go ahead at a later date.

As for the factory being sold to Gene Haas, he doesn't need it straight away. They can lease it from him for the time being, and move during the year.

Even if Gene Haas didn't consent to Marussia/Manor using the factory, there are enough motorsport facilities that one would be able to run a low-level F1 operation out of. Aston Martin/Prodrive is just down the road in Banbury. And there's always the faint possibility that whoever buys the team (if it gets bought) will have their own facilities already (for example, if it turned out that Prodrive were the buyers).
The Iceman Waiteth
What if Kimi Räikkönen hadn't got his chance in 2001?
dr-baker

Post by dr-baker »

roblomas52 wrote:Because I have no affiliation with any Alex Wurz fan club and also I could tell that it was Jocke on the other end of the line.

Why would Alex Wurz bother to join his own fan club? That isn't proof you're not him!

On topic, if the auction does sadly go ahead, will there be a fresh chance to bid on items, or are bids now closed?
MCard LOLA
AndreaModa

Post by AndreaModa »

Backmarker wrote:
Captain Hammer wrote:Nothing is set in stone yet. There was an auction scheduled for Wednesday, but it has been cancelled for the time being as they are in talks with a potential buyer. If the auction were to go ahead, it would make a deal impossible as vital equipment would be sold. But if the deal falls through, the auction will likely go ahead at a later date.

Even if Gene Haas didn't consent to Marussia/Manor using the factory, there are enough motorsport facilities that one would be able to run a low-level F1 operation out of. Aston Martin/Prodrive is just down the road in Banbury. And there's always the faint possibility that whoever buys the team (if it gets bought) will have their own facilities already (for example, if it turned out that Prodrive were the buyers).

Incidentally Prodrive's previous HQ has been completely levelled to make way for an out-of-town retail park. Most of their stuff is in storage (including a bunch of rally and touring cars at the Donington Museum) whilst their new facility is built, which coincidentally is almost next door to the former Marussia factory, and directly overlooks the M40, about here: https://goo.gl/maps/OWa5C
I want my MTV...Simtek Ford

My Motorsport Photos

@DNPQ_
Rob Dylan

Post by Rob Dylan »

f1andrea wrote:Asked what his level of confidence was that the team would be able to put a rescue deal together, Booth told BBC Sport: "Pretty high."
C'mon Marussia!!!!

The F1 Paddock intensifies (a bit more)!
Murray Walker at the 1997 Austrian Grand Prix wrote:The other [Stewart] driver, who nobody's been paying attention to, because he's disappointing, is Jan Magnussen.
Felipe Nasr - the least forgettable F1 driver!
AdrianBelmonte_

Post by AdrianBelmonte_ »

Rob Dylan wrote:
f1andrea wrote:Asked what his level of confidence was that the team would be able to put a rescue deal together, Booth told BBC Sport: "Pretty high."
C'mon Marussia!!!!

Nobody talks about possible drivers? who will be Chilton's teammate?
#FoxesFansHooligans

#HaasShouldBeSoLucky
AustralianStig

Post by AustralianStig »

AdrianBelmonte_ wrote:
Rob Dylan wrote:
C'mon Marussia!!!!

Nobody talks about possible drivers? who will be Chilton's teammate?

Will Stevens mentioned his only chance of getting a drive next year is if Marussia or Caterham make the grid. More likely Alex Rossi will get a drive, especially if Haas and Marussia decide to band together and share resources a bit this year (which is possible as it would be mutually beneficial). Don't count out one of the McLaren test drivers getting loaned out too.

Although, given how silly the silly seasons are getting lately, odds are that none of the above will get a drive and they'll stick someone we haven't even considered in the seat. I've got a 7 year old nephew that might like a go.
Join the GP Rejects league at Fantasy F1: https://fantasy.formula1.com/join/?=2a1f25

CoopsII wrote:
Biscione wrote:To the surprise of no-one, Daniil Kvyat wins ROTR for Sochi, by a record margin that may not be surpassed for some time.

I always knew Marko read this forum.
WeirdKerr
Location: on the edge of nowhere with a ludicrous grid penalty.....

Post by WeirdKerr »

I'll drive for nothing... :lol: im less likely to fit in an f1 car than Mansell was in 95 and I'm 40, but I do have a better beard than Alonso
Bobby Doorknobs

WeirdKerr wrote:...but I do have a better beard than Alonso

So did Harald Ertl. ;)
#FreeGonzo
Captain Hammer

Post by Captain Hammer »

James Allen is implying that the potential investors are connected to a driver or drivers who need experience in Formula 1 to stand a chance at getting a seat in 2016 when the new superlicence regulations come into effect:

http://www.jamesallenonf1.com/2015/01/m ... etty-high/

I'm interpreting that to be Jolyon Palmer. He can't compete in GP2 this year as he's the reigning champion, and Formula Renault 3.5 isn't an option given the superlicence points structure.
Salamander

Post by Salamander »

Captain Hammer wrote:Formula Renault 3.5 isn't an option given the superlicence points structure.

I don't see why? Even if he completely flunks in 2015 should he join, he'll still have enough points as GP2 champion to qualify for one. He could do pretty much anything and still qualify for a superlicense.
Sebastian Vettel wrote:If I was good at losing I wouldn't be in Formula 1.
Everything's great.
I'm not surprised about anything.
Rob Dylan

Post by Rob Dylan »

Captain Hammer wrote:James Allen is implying that the potential investors are connected to a driver or drivers who need experience in Formula 1 to stand a chance at getting a seat in 2016 when the new superlicence regulations come into effect.

I'm interpreting that to be Jolyon Palmer. He can't compete in GP2 this year as he's the reigning champion, and Formula Renault 3.5 isn't an option given the superlicence points structure.

Admittedly I don't watch GP2, and saw bits of two races last year. But on the face of it it's definitely a shame that GP2 champions are completely unable to get into F1. If Palmer doesn't get in, that makes it the last three GP2 champions that haven't been able to get in. The last I heard about Valsecchi was when he got rejected (pun intended) by Lotus during Raikkonen's notorious "back surgery" incident. Leimer went into endurance racing and hasn't exactly shone as far as I can tell. It's ludicrous that Verstappen gets a seat and these guys can't!
Murray Walker at the 1997 Austrian Grand Prix wrote:The other [Stewart] driver, who nobody's been paying attention to, because he's disappointing, is Jan Magnussen.
Felipe Nasr - the least forgettable F1 driver!
Waris

Post by Waris »

I'm not saying anything, but if Barrichello still wants a chance of a seat in 2016, he would need a bunch of races in 2015 according to the superlicence rules. :lol:
MOTOR RACING IS DANGEROUS
Salamander

Post by Salamander »

The reason Valsecchi, Leimer, and Palmer are having trouble getting into F1 is because it took them all 4 years to become GP2 champions. That's hardly impressive.
Sebastian Vettel wrote:If I was good at losing I wouldn't be in Formula 1.
Everything's great.
I'm not surprised about anything.
Captain Hammer

Post by Captain Hammer »

The absence of Palmer and Valsecchi is no great travesty. Both took years to win their titles, and both were upstaged by drivers who achieved more in less time, like Vandoorne. If you drew up a list of the twenty open-wheel drivers who deserve to be in Formula 1, Palmer and Valsecchi would not appear on it - but Verstappen would (if not, he'd still be higher up the list than them).

And that's the problem with GP2: as Formula 1 teams look to junior junior series like GP3 for the likes of Bottas and Kvyat, GP2 is increasingly becoming a dumping ground for second-rate drivers who don't stand a chance of making it in Formula 1.
Ataxia
Not Important

Post by Ataxia »

Captain Hammer wrote:The absence of Palmer and Valsecchi is no great travesty. Both took years to win their titles, and both were upstaged by drivers who achieved more in less time, like Vandoorne. If you drew up a list of the twenty open-wheel drivers who deserve to be in Formula 1, Palmer and Valsecchi would not appear on it - but Verstappen would (if not, he'd still be higher up the list than them).

And that's the problem with GP2: as Formula 1 teams look to junior junior series like GP3 for the likes of Bottas and Kvyat, GP2 is increasingly becoming a dumping ground for second-rate drivers who don't stand a chance of making it in Formula 1.

...except 2015 will have Gasly, Lynn, Vandoorne, Marciello and Pic fighting for honours. You can't deny this is something of a mini-renaissance. There's the real potential for a good GP2 grid, especially if some of the dead weight like Canamasas, Berthon, Haryanto and Binder are carted off elsewhere.
Mitch Hedberg wrote:I want to be a race car passenger: just a guy who bugs the driver. Say man, can I turn on the radio? You should slow down. Why do we gotta keep going in circles? Man, you really like Tide...
Captain Hammer

Post by Captain Hammer »

Haryanto had potential, but made the mistake of joining Addax while Alejandro Agag was concentrating on Formula E.
Backmarker

Post by Backmarker »

Speedweek claim the buyer is Gene Haas. The rationale is that Haas and Ferrari are among the creditors owed by Marussia: Haas buying them would essentially clear both those debts, and allow him to claim the 2014 prize money.
The Iceman Waiteth
What if Kimi Räikkönen hadn't got his chance in 2001?
Bobby Doorknobs

Captain Hammer wrote:James Allen is implying that the potential investors are connected to a driver or drivers who need experience in Formula 1 to stand a chance at getting a seat in 2016 when the new superlicence regulations come into effect:

http://www.jamesallenonf1.com/2015/01/m ... etty-high/

I think we can rule that one out. He's doing practice sessions for Lotus: http://www.f1fanatic.co.uk/2015/01/20/p ... otus-2015/
#FreeGonzo
Nessafox
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Nessafox »

Backmarker wrote:Speedweek claim the buyer is Gene Haas. The rationale is that Haas and Ferrari are among the creditors owed by Marussia: Haas buying them would essentially clear both those debts, and allow him to claim the 2014 prize money.

This makes too much sense to be happening.
CoopsII

Post by CoopsII »

Backmarker wrote:Speedweek claim the buyer is Gene Haas. The rationale is that Haas and Ferrari are among the creditors owed by Marussia: Haas buying them would essentially clear both those debts, and allow him to claim the 2014 prize money.

Would Haas then run Marussia and his own team the following year or just Marussia?
Just For One Day...
tBone

Post by tBone »

CoopsII wrote:

Would Haas then run Marussia and his own team the following year or just Marussia?

I suppose he will merge the two teams into one. In my opinion, that would be the logical thing to do.
YOUR
LOGO

Here
mario

Post by mario »

CoopsII wrote:

If, and it is a big if, Haas were to take over Marussia, it would make more sense to merge his resources into Marussia and make that into his team, rather than starting from scratch. He already owns the prototype car that Marussia made for 2015, along with their facilities, and both he and Marussia would have a common engine supplier (Ferrari), so there would be little value in duplicating everything and stretching his resources over two teams.
Martin Brundle, on watching a replay of Grosjean spinning:
"The problem with Grosjean is that he want to take a look back at the corner he's just exited"