Stefan GP progress

The place for speaking your mind on current goings-on in F1
Phoenix

Re: Stefan GP progress

Post by Phoenix »

Tealy wrote:In my opinion Stefan GP should be allowed to race if Campos or USF1 fail to make Bahrain. Then we can kick out the team that take the longest.

Think I'm being harsh? USF1 and Campos both promised to have a car ready for the 2010 season. The 2010 season starts in Bahrain and Stefan GP have made it, so have Virgin and Lotus. Tough luck guys.

No, I don't think you're harsh. Is pure justice.
shinji
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by shinji »

For possibly the first and only time in my life, I really hope that what Ecclestone is saying is true. Stefan for life.
Better than 'Tour in a suit case' Takagi.
Henrique

Post by Henrique »

I think USF1 will show up at Bahrain. You've seen that they're working on the car.
Campos may not. But anyway, I believe those two will suck so bad that they won't last until the end of the season, especially Campos. Maybe Stefan will be allowed in when that happens?
dragonsteincole

Post by dragonsteincole »

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/81382

Clarification that missing races will result in there being penalties for teams, yesterday's speak of no penalties seems to have been crossed-wires somewhere.

Feb 25th is going to be an amazing day.
mick

Post by mick »

It seems that both Todt and FIA are right.
A no-show team will be fined/penalized for each missed GP (as per FIA). Also, if the same team misses 3 races, they will be disqualified (Todt).
dr-baker

Post by dr-baker »

dragonsteincole wrote:http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/81382

Clarification that missing races will result in there being penalties for teams, yesterday's speak of no penalties seems to have been crossed-wires somewhere.

Why 25th February? Is this when everything gets shipped out to Bahrain?
watka wrote:I find it amusing that whilst you're one of the more openly Christian guys here, you are still first and foremost associated with an eye for the ladies!
dinizintheoven wrote:GOOD CHRISTIANS do not go to jail. EVERYONE ON FORMULA ONE REJECTS should be in jail.
MCard LOLA
Waris

Post by Waris »

dr-baker wrote:
dragonsteincole wrote:http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/81382

Why 25th February? Is this when everything gets shipped out to Bahrain?

I thought it's when they're going to test at Portimão. (Here's hoping for a dark red car...)
MOTOR RACING IS DANGEROUS
coops

Post by coops »

dr-baker wrote:Stefan GP is shipping equipment to the 1st FOUR races, even though his team has no entry.

I read that on the BBC today and was mighty impressed, they seem better prepared than USF1 and Campos which begs the question: how could the decision-makers repsonsible for the choice of new teams get it so wrong?
"Aerodynamics is for those who cannot manufacture good engines."
-Enzo Ferrari
Valrys

Post by Valrys »

coops wrote:
dr-baker wrote:Stefan GP is shipping equipment to the 1st FOUR races, even though his team has no entry.

I read that on the BBC today and was mighty impressed, they seem better prepared than USF1 and Campos which begs the question: how could the decision-makers repsonsible for the choice of new teams get it so wrong?

At the time of the new team selection progress, all Stefan GP had was enthusiasm and maybe a bit of cash. They didn't have the Toyota package then, and so were not a good choice.
rffp

Post by rffp »

coops wrote:

I have asked that same question before, but still I have gotten no enlightenment. Therefore, I am prone to believe that FIA had ulterior motives for doing so.
The consequences are that we might have 22 instead of 26 cars in the Australian GP and that FIA should be a strong contender for first ROTR of 2010.

Anyway, today I have read that Stefan GP has signed with Nakajima (son) and Chadhok. That would be interesting, I think it would be the first team to have a full Asian driver line-up.
A fan of Roberto Pupo Moreno, the one and only, the legend!
Valrys

Post by Valrys »

rffp wrote:Anyway, today I have read that Stefan GP has signed with Nakajima (son) and Chadhok. That would be interesting, I think it would be the first team to have a full Asian driver line-up.

Sooper Aguri in 2006 before they kicked Ide out :roll:
Henrique

Post by Henrique »

Valrys wrote:Sooper Aguri in 2006 before they kicked Yamamoto out :roll:

Fixed.
rffp

Post by rffp »

Henrique wrote:
Valrys wrote:Sooper Aguri in 2006 before they kicked Yamamoto out :roll:

Fixed.

Just remembered Soopah Aguri. But their line-up was Sato/Ide in the beginning.
rffp

Post by rffp »

And the plot thickens.
I have read two news that concern SGP's progress.

First, good for SGP, bad for USF1. Pecho López has been informed that he will miss at least the first three GPs by Peter Windsor. According to Dieter Recken's column, just published online in Autosport.com, actually USF1 does not even have conditions to make it to the Chinese GP. Time is running short for SGP, but even shorter for USF1.

Second, bad news for SGP. On the same column by Mr. Recken, it is told that Bridgestone might thwart SGP's plans to test at Portimão. The tyre supplier stated that they have no obligation to supply tyres for teams that are not in the FIA F1 entry list. And not even GP2 tyres!

As someone said earlier, wake me up before the Bahrein GP.
Henrique

Post by Henrique »

rffp wrote:The tyre supplier stated that they have no obligation to supply tyres for teams that are not in the FIA F1 entry list. And not even GP2 tyres!

No obligation? Don't they buy the tyres from Bridgestone? Bridgestone doesn't like money?
rffp

Post by rffp »

Henrique wrote:
rffp wrote:The tyre supplier stated that they have no obligation to supply tyres for teams that are not in the FIA F1 entry list. And not even GP2 tyres!

No obligation? Don't they buy the tyres from Bridgestone? Bridgestone doesn't like money?

I ask the same question as you. I am writing it as I read it.
CarlosFerreira

Post by CarlosFerreira »

rffp wrote:
Henrique wrote:

I ask the same question as you. I am writing it as I read it.

It may cause them a lot of upset in supplying the tyres. Maybe they are currently working overtime to produce and ship tyres for the tests and first races, and supplying Stefan may result in losses.
Stay home, Colin Kolles!
watka
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by watka »

rffp wrote:And the plot thickens.
I have read two news that concern SGP's progress.

First, good for SGP, bad for USF1. Pecho López has been informed that he will miss at least the first three GPs by Peter Windsor. According to Dieter Recken's column, just published online in Autosport.com, actually USF1 does not even have conditions to make it to the Chinese GP. Time is running short for SGP, but even shorter for USF1.

Second, bad news for SGP. On the same column by Mr. Recken, it is told that Bridgestone might thwart SGP's plans to test at Portimão. The tyre supplier stated that they have no obligation to supply tyres for teams that are not in the FIA F1 entry list. And not even GP2 tyres!

As someone said earlier, wake me up before the Bahrein GP.

Damn you Bridgestone! Why don't you try to do a least something memorable in your last season in F1?

coops wrote:I read that on the BBC today and was mighty impressed, they seem better prepared than USF1 and Campos which begs the question: how could the decision-makers repsonsible for the choice of new teams get it so wrong?

I don't think it's a question of why didn't they choose Stefan over Campos or USF1 at that stage. USF1 had stated its desire to apply to F1 even before the budget cap was mentioned, and Campos had racing pedigree in lower formulae. Stefan had no evidence of any technical staff at that stage. The cash problems however, should have been foreseen. They should have given the teams far more time to prepare (e.g. the applications should have been for the 2011 season), but I guess that they didn't want another "Prodrive" to happen. Financial stability of the teams should have been the #1 concern of the FIA.
Watka - you know, the swimming horses guy
Phoenix

Post by Phoenix »

CarlosFerreira wrote:
Henrique wrote:No obligation? Don't they buy the tyres from Bridgestone? Bridgestone doesn't like money?

It may cause them a lot of upset in supplying the tyres. Maybe they are currently working overtime to produce and ship tyres for the tests and first races, and supplying Stefan may result in losses.

If only Michelin was still present...Why don't they try to buy some tyres to another team? :P
CarlosFerreira

Post by CarlosFerreira »

Phoenix wrote:
CarlosFerreira wrote:
Henrique wrote:No obligation? Don't they buy the tyres from Bridgestone? Bridgestone doesn't like money?

If only Michelin was still present...Why don't they try to buy some tyres to another team? :P

USF1 or Campos may be willing to participate in that reallocation of resources.
Stay home, Colin Kolles!
Popi_Larrauri

Post by Popi_Larrauri »

I beg you to allow ne to refer you to this:

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=1034&start=150 (my post).
Winners have lots of friends, losers have good friends.
dr-baker

Post by dr-baker »

Stefan may well have a second driver before either Campos or US F1, although it may not be the most popular or the best driver out there...:
http://www.autosport.com/news/grapevine.php/id/81566

Also, Sato will not be in F1 this year, unfortunately....
http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/81564
watka wrote:I find it amusing that whilst you're one of the more openly Christian guys here, you are still first and foremost associated with an eye for the ladies!
dinizintheoven wrote:GOOD CHRISTIANS do not go to jail. EVERYONE ON FORMULA ONE REJECTS should be in jail.
MCard LOLA
coops

Post by coops »

Cor, first Ralf and now Jacques. Stefan GP do it Old Skool!
"Aerodynamics is for those who cannot manufacture good engines."
-Enzo Ferrari
Phoenix

Post by Phoenix »

coops wrote:Cor, first Ralf and now Jacques. Stefan GP do it Old Skool!

Prince Bira for the second seat! Who's with me?
Henrique

Post by Henrique »

Better Jacques than Ralf, IMO.

Everyone's saying USF1 may skip the 2010 season. Stefan GP seems more likely every day.
rffp

Post by rffp »

Henrique wrote:Better Jacques than Ralf, IMO.

Everyone's saying USF1 may skip the 2010 season. Stefan GP seems more likely every day.

The news I read tells that USF1 is in the ICU. They have defaulted their workers wage and suppliers payments, and they have put their real estate on sale.
The end is near.
Henrique

Post by Henrique »

I think USF1's site is down right now too :P
fjackdaw

Post by fjackdaw »

Henrique wrote:Better Jacques than Ralf, IMO.

I'd rather see a rejecty rookie take the seat, but I would welcome Jacques back as being a bit of a left-field PDR-like comeback (albeit even more left-field). Certainly more interesting than Ralf.

Doesn't JV look considerably older than Schumi, though?
Henrique

Post by Henrique »

http://www.crash.net/f1/news/156934/1/has_all-american_dream_usf1_died_a_death.html

Best part:

Windsor is said to have informed the former Renault F1 test driver, his father and his manager Felipe McGough 'with tears in his eyes' that the Charlotte concern will not make the first three races of the campaign, and might well even be forced to miss the year altogether. That would arguably make USF1 the shortest-lived F1 team in history, taking over the mantle from MasterCard Lola, which at least made it to Melbourne for the season-opening Australian Grand Prix in 1997, before folding ahead of the next race in Brazil.
Frentzen127

Post by Frentzen127 »

Well that's the spirit! :mrgreen:
DEPORTIVO CA... pfft hahaha can't say that with a straight face!
Misses Minardi dearly. :(
Phoenix

Post by Phoenix »

RIP USF1. The writing was on the wall.
Klon
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Klon »

Phoenix wrote:RIP USF1.

That gives me an idea... what if the whole "USF1 is gone"-thing is just a big elaborated hoax? A marketing stunt? And, at the second race, in Melbourne, there will be for some reason a 14th pit slot which will remain completely closed for fans, media, track staff until the last four minutes of Q1, when a lighting bolt strikes the pit lane and everything goes as dark as it can at the afternoon and bells ring in an eerie fashion. The door opens with a lot of smoke and HWNSNBM will drive out with a completely black car to the track, where he crosses the line just in time to do a timed lap which demotes P1 driver Fernando Alonso to P2 by over a whole second.

Yes, I'm insane, thanks for noticing though...
Phoenix

Post by Phoenix »

Klon wrote:
Phoenix wrote:RIP USF1.

That gives me an idea... what if the whole "USF1 is gone"-thing is just a big elaborated hoax? A marketing stunt? And, at the second race, in Melbourne, there will be for some reason a 14th pit slot which will remain completely closed for fans, media, track staff until the last four minutes of Q1, when a lighting bolt strikes the pit lane and everything goes as dark as it can at the afternoon and bells ring in an eerie fashion. The door opens with a lot of smoke and HWNSNBM will drive out with a completely black car to the track, where he crosses the line just in time to do a timed lap which demotes P1 driver Fernando Alonso to P2 by over a whole second.

Yes, I'm insane, thanks for noticing though...

Will there be a cake and confetti?
kowalski

Post by kowalski »

Phoenix wrote:RIP USF1. The writing was on the wall.

Will they get a f1Rejects profile?

We know what teams must achieve to escape rejectdom... How much do they have to achieve before they are even eligible to become a reject???

Are they the first 'super-reject' or 'pre-reject'

Peter Windsor wrote:Well, first we want to become an F1 Reject team. That is our first target.
Sakon Yamamoto - Not bad for a third driver
Ross Prawn

Post by Ross Prawn »

dr-baker wrote:Stefan may well have a second driver before either Campos or US F1, although it may not be the most popular or the best driver out there...:
http://www.autosport.com/news/grapevine.php/id/81566

Also, Sato will not be in F1 this year, unfortunately....
http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/81564

Jacques is obviously hankering for the days of being the lead driver of a no hope team. He should stick with his guitar and what is left of his reputation.
"Other than the car behind and the driver who might get a bit startled with the sudden explosion in front, it really isn't a major safety issue from that point of view,"
AndreaModa

Post by AndreaModa »

ESPN are onto the USF1 funeral procession...

http://en.espnf1.com/teamus/motorsport/story/9004.html

nevermind missing the first three races, they're not even going to have a finished car when this has all gone through. Its a big shame though its easy to see why they were chosen as new entrants - the crash.net article talks about the team being the first american entry since the beatrice attempt in the 80s. There is always a reason for things and why are there no F1 teams in arguably the richest country in the world? Motorsport is massive in America so why shouldn't it work? Thats a question for another day but there was a precedent which USF1 have ignored, and whilst admirable, the decision to do it all in the US was a mistake. The FIA selected USF1 on this one fact. The harsh reality however is that the expertise, the money and the facilities are in Europe which surprise surprise, is where everyone else is located.

Guys who are saying that they wanted to enter F1 even before the budget cap - how on earth would they have managed that if they can't even do it now? Virgin have done it with £40 million and were only 3 seconds off Barrichello's obviously low fuel lap today in Jerez.

Now lets just hope Stefan get given the entry to fill, especially seeing as now Campos are on the road to recovery it seems.
I want my MTV...Simtek Ford

My Motorsport Photos

@DNPQ_
Valrys

Post by Valrys »

Phoenix wrote:
coops wrote:Cor, first Ralf and now Jacques. Stefan GP do it Old Skool!

Prince Bira for the second seat! Who's with me?

Unsurprisingly, I reckon a dead guy would probably be faster than Ralph
amunt

Post by amunt »

Henrique wrote:I think USF1's site is down right now too :P

I think USF1's site will soon be redirecting its visitors to http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oHg5SJYRHA0
We all have been rickroll'd, lol
Nuppiz
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Nuppiz »

kowalski wrote:Will they get a f1Rejects profile?

How much do they have to achieve before they are even eligible to become a reject???

F1 Rejects Team Index wrote:All a former Formula One team needs to have done to get a page on this site is ...
  • to have attempted to qualify at at least 2 Grands Prix
  • to have scored 6 points or fewer

MasterCard Lola is eligible for this site as technically they were going to take part in the Brazilian GP too, and had already shipped equipment and drivers there before they went bankrupt.
Eurosport broadcast for the 1990 Mexican GP prequalifying:
"The Life, it looked very lifeless yet again... in fact Bruno did one, slow lap"
shinji
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by shinji »

I wonder if this will become a Pacific-like relic? I for one sincerely hope it does.
Better than 'Tour in a suit case' Takagi.