The Sportscar and Endurance Thread

The place for anything and everything else to do with F1 history, different forms of motorsport, and all other randomness
Wallio
Site Donor
Site Donor

Re: The Sportscar and Endurance Thread

Post by Wallio »

ADx_Wales wrote:The Nissan LMP is a GTR, so anything other than Front Engine would be meaningless.

It is also FRONT Wheel Drive...

...with the hybrid power going to the rear wheels. (everyone in LMP1-H has either a battery or a flywheel hybrid system similar to Kers, its not restricted in its use, however there are selected breaking areas on circuits where the energy can be harvested)

The rumour is, under the right circumstance, if they're not using the hybrid for a while and they've harvested as much energy as possible, its will unleash 2000hp (two thousand horse powers) onto the tarmac!

I have heard the 2000nhp figure myself, but like their claims of no rear wing at Le Mans, I am skeptical.
Professional Historian/Retired Drag Racer/Whiskey Enthusiast

"He makes the move on the outside, and knowing George as we do, he's probably on the radio right now telling the team how great he is." - James Hinchcliffe on George Russell
mario

Post by mario »

go_Rubens wrote:On reflection, I can't wait to see how this turns out. Easily the most unique design of a racing car in the higher echelons of motorsport in a very long time. I have read rumors of an insane amount of horsepower, with some suggesting that the car could have well over 1000 (and I mean a decent bit) all things considered. The acceleration in the video suggested to me that the car is no slouch in that department.

With the idea of the front-mid-engine LMP1, I have to wonder how the car's weight is distributed. We know that mid-engine layouts offer the best overall balance in terms of weight distribution. Is the case being that the engine is in the front, while the energy recovery systems are in the rear to counterbalance the engine's weight (likely helped by the driver's weight as well), which perhaps could mean the use of larger systems? Perhaps this is a way to enable the use of more power which is suggested by few? What regulations on size of the energy recovery systems and items like flywheels and supercapacitors are there? I think the GTR LMP1 could be a completely revolutionary prototype in terms of design philosophy to try and find the extra edge, in particular over more "standard" cars?

Over at Mulsannecorner, the suggestion is that this car would probably have a slightly forward weight bias, with about 55% of the static weight of the car on the front axle (whereas the more conventional LMP1 cars would probably have about 55% of the static weight on the rear axle instead).

As for the type of systems which can be used, technically the ACO doesn't specify the system which can be used, which is why Toyota has traditionally used a supercapacitor system against a battery system for the Porsche 919 (although Toyota are now switching to batteries for their 2015 car) and Audi, I believe, still uses a derivative of the Williams flywheel unit. The main limitations are more in terms of things such as the maximum voltage of the systems (1000V max) and the accumulation and release of energy from the unit.

Wallio wrote:It's been confirmed as being "Front-mid-engined" which is marketing speak for the engine being completely. behind the front axel. Chevy started this malarkey by claiming the layout was "sporty" (for its Vettes). Which means a ''32 Ford Highboy, (or any pre-war American car) is "sporty".

Don't car though, I LOVE this. Best looking LMP1 since the old Panoz.

Well, to be fair to Nissan the suggestion is that the engine position is a significant distance behind the front axle (being slightly under the front of the cockpit of the car). Maybe it is a point of semantics, but it could be argued that the tag is reasonably appropriate in this instance (after all, in a more conventional rear mid engined car, the engine is technically closer to the rear axle than being truly in the middle).
Martin Brundle, on watching a replay of Grosjean spinning:
"The problem with Grosjean is that he want to take a look back at the corner he's just exited"
ADx_Wales
Location: The Fortress of Sofatude, with a laptop and a penchant for buying now TV day passes for F1 races.

Post by ADx_Wales »

...bit late now, but it will help for the rest of the season, @IMSARadio is essentially the TUSC's own RadioLeMans and if you go to the RadioLeMans website on race day, and click the "IMSA" Tab, and you're in the right areas of the world to see it, You'll get the TV Feed live, like it was for the duration of the Rolex 24.
"The worst part of my body that hurt in the fire was my balls" Gerhard Berger on Imola 1989
nome66

Post by nome66 »

hmmmm return of front-engined cars.
maybe the return of the 12 hours of seb-*punched in gut* ow sorry.
why'd they leave? track surface? also Daytona? LMP1's seem to do just fine over there, around the banking.... gosh darnit! i REALLY want to see Ganassi get beat bad by the Germans or Japanese! come back! please! it's so boring out here! just the one race! Sebring's cool, but Daytona will make the WEC's calender you know.... NOT boring and very clearly full of time killing relative to the 24hrs of LeMans.

........[/opinion]
I believe in German BARawnda-Tyrrell-Simca(and it's working)

the only difference between the roman gladiators and racing drivers is that racing drivers sit inside the lion that is trying to kill them.
F1000X

Post by F1000X »

nome66 wrote:hmmmm return of front-engined cars.
maybe the return of the 12 hours of seb-*punched in gut* ow sorry.
why'd they leave? track surface? also Daytona? LMP1's seem to do just fine over there, around the banking.... gosh darnit! i REALLY want to see Ganassi get beat bad by the Germans or Japanese! come back! please! it's so boring out here! just the one race! Sebring's cool, but Daytona will make the WEC's calender you know.... NOT boring and very clearly full of time killing relative to the 24hrs of LeMans.

........[/opinion]

Brian France and Don Panoz each have a finger they would like to show you. It would be great to see them on the WEC calendar, but that ship has sailed.
"Sebastian Bourdais- he once was a champ, but now he's a chump." -Will Power
Waris

Post by Waris »

Well, there is the 6 Hours of CotA, isn't there?
MOTOR RACING IS DANGEROUS
go_Rubens
Location: A raging river somewhere in the Eastern (cough) United States (cough)

Post by go_Rubens »

Waris wrote:Well, there is the 6 Hours of CotA, isn't there?

Yes, but the main complaint, and likely complaints by many, is that the WEC calendar is centered too much around Le Mans. Ideally, the WEC needs a couple of more world class enduros so the series could get a little more publicity. Enough people care about Daytona and Sebring that they'd be a great addition to the WEC calendar. However, with the formation of the USCC, this is a much harder task to complete. I would think most people would say there needs to be another significant race on the WEC calendar besides Le Mans, but without creating something completely new, Sebring and Daytona are it to spice it up, short of lengtening Silverstone, Spa, or Interlagos, which could, for me, be viable options.

In my opinion, the WEC's current calendar is not attracting a good enough fanbase. There's Le Mans, but for a lot of people that's it.

In other news, Rebellion will cut ties with Toyota and use a different engine supplier.
Felipe Baby, Stay Cool

Albert Einstein wrote:Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.
mario

Post by mario »

go_Rubens wrote:
Waris wrote:Well, there is the 6 Hours of CotA, isn't there?

Yes, but the main complaint, and likely complaints by many, is that the WEC calendar is centered too much around Le Mans. Ideally, the WEC needs a couple of more world class enduros so the series could get a little more publicity. Enough people care about Daytona and Sebring that they'd be a great addition to the WEC calendar. However, with the formation of the USCC, this is a much harder task to complete. I would think most people would say there needs to be another significant race on the WEC calendar besides Le Mans, but without creating something completely new, Sebring and Daytona are it to spice it up, short of lengtening Silverstone, Spa, or Interlagos, which could, for me, be viable options.

In my opinion, the WEC's current calendar is not attracting a good enough fanbase. There's Le Mans, but for a lot of people that's it.

In other news, Rebellion will cut ties with Toyota and use a different engine supplier.

It's a problem that the ACO hasn't really done much to reconcile - with the 24 Hours of Le Mans being their sole remaining "Blue Riband" event, they naturally focus on that one race to the detriment of the overall series (for example, the ACO have forced an agreement on the FIA that prevents them from scheduling an F1 race on the same weekend for Le Mans, but no other race has a similar dispensation).

Perhaps, to a certain extent, this is a deliberate action by them - fearing that their premier event might be overshadowed, the ACO prefers to have a calendar where the remaining races are of relatively minor stature by comparison, therefore removing the risk that their premier event, and the one that they hold dearest to them, won't be upstaged.
"The problem with Grosjean is that he want to take a look back at the corner he's just exited"
AndreaModa

Post by AndreaModa »

I think having Le Mans as the main event makes sense, and it's also logical to keep that weekend free of an F1 race - it deserves the level of attention it gets.

However, in order for the calender to make sense, they need to put Le Mans at the end of it, and have the championship run over the winter - starting in September and finishing with Le Mans. That would also have the added benefit of being quite friendly towards a possible inclusion of Daytona in future as it would be slap bang in the middle of the new season format as a result.
I want my MTV...Simtek Ford

My Motorsport Photos

@DNPQ_
nome66

Post by nome66 »

AndreaModa wrote:I think having Le Mans as the main event makes sense, and it's also logical to keep that weekend free of an F1 race - it deserves the level of attention it gets.

However, in order for the calender to make sense, they need to put Le Mans at the end of it, and have the championship run over the winter - starting in September and finishing with Le Mans. That would also have the added benefit of being quite friendly towards a possible inclusion of Daytona in future as it would be slap bang in the middle of the new season format as a result.

yes. this.

ALSO: i'm sure not many of you care for american ball-sports, but the "superbowl" is happening tonight and this is Nissan's "big game" advertisement.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bd1qCi5nSKw

the only difference between the roman gladiators and racing drivers is that racing drivers sit inside the lion that is trying to kill them.
ADx_Wales
Location: The Fortress of Sofatude, with a laptop and a penchant for buying now TV day passes for F1 races.

Post by ADx_Wales »

OK, so 750 hp out, but this is still almost TWICE as much HP as F1

"The worst part of my body that hurt in the fire was my balls" Gerhard Berger on Imola 1989
nome66

Post by nome66 »

i like how Nissan and NISMO just casually, and officially, revealed their Lmp1 chassis
ps: commercial made me shed a tear. amazing.

nome66

Post by nome66 »

i'm sorry, but is that a Nissan DP? i hope so. need more than just Ford in the V6 game in that class.
http://www.dailysportscar.com/2015/02/0 ... tures.html

RealRacingRoots

Post by RealRacingRoots »

nome66 wrote:i'm sorry, but is that a Nissan DP? i hope so. need more than just Ford in the V6 game in that class.
http://www.dailysportscar.com/2015/02/0 ... tures.html

If you actually read the caption for that photo, it's just there for the commercial. Also in the ad were some older DPs and a Porsche 962. Can't wait for that car in Gran Turismo 6 or 7.
The Truth Shall set you free. (no theme music plays)
Tomáš.......Ttaaaaaaaattaaaaaarrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr
Watch this if you want to learn about what Canada is really like.
GT Super Series
nome66

Post by nome66 »

ah ok i freaked out a little i'm excited that Nissan is finally back into factory-supported Lmp's again

ADx_Wales

Post by ADx_Wales »

Going back to the lack of Daytona and Sebring on the WEC Calendar, Its also worth mentioning, that at the height of the Group C days in the World Sportscar (/ Sports Prototype) Championship, there wasn't a round based in the United States on the calendar. Thats what the IMSA GTP had covered, therefore you had drivers doing both.
mario

Post by mario »

ADx_Wales wrote:OK, so 750 hp out, but this is still almost TWICE as much HP as F1

On the other hand, Nissan have also admitted that they are really struggling to get under the minimum weight limit for their car - the rumour is that, even before they've tried installing the hybrid drive system, the car is already on the weight limit. If they really are struggling to hit the weight limit as badly as the rumours suggest, they've still got a lot of work ahead of them...
F1000X

Post by F1000X »

mario wrote:
ADx_Wales wrote:OK, so 750 hp out, but this is still almost TWICE as much HP as F1

On the other hand, Nissan have also admitted that they are really struggling to get under the minimum weight limit for their car - the rumour is that, even before they've tried installing the hybrid drive system, the car is already on the weight limit. If they really are struggling to hit the weight limit as badly as the rumours suggest, they've still got a lot of work ahead of them...

What is making this such a big obstacle compared to their rivals? Is there something significant differently about the necessary equipment for an 8MJ hybrid system?
"Sebastian Bourdais- he once was a champ, but now he's a chump." -Will Power
mario

Post by mario »

F1000X wrote:
mario wrote:

What is making this such a big obstacle compared to their rivals? Is there something significant differently about the necessary equipment for an 8MJ hybrid system?

Well, Nissan have indicated that one difference is the fact that they've adopted an unusual hybrid drive system, which appears to consist of a twin flywheel system; there appear to have been integration issues with getting those flywheels to work in sync with each other and with the engine.

The driveline is also complicated by the fact that Nissan are using drop gears to transmit the power to the rear wheels - the idea is that the driveshafts do not need to pass through the underbody area, so the geometry of the diffuser isn't constrained by packaging issues. However, the combination of that unusual driveline and the more complicated hybrid drive systems have significantly jacked up the weight: Bowlby has already indicated that the combined weight of the powertrain, driveline and hybrid drive system already make up more than half the weight of the car.

Another aspect is probably the fact that Nissan's design is relatively immature, and significant savings could probably be made via optimisation: Auto Motor und Sport have stated that Porsche's 919 was about 18kg over the weight limit in 2014, but they have now managed to redesign their battery systems to get back below the weight limit and potentially move up into the 8MJ class as well. As for Toyota, they've already stated that they're changing from a supercapacitor to a battery based system to also try and move up into the 8MJ class too, and they also seem to be able to hit the minimum weight limit without issues.

Audi, too, have had issues with trying to squeeze more performance out of their hybrid drive system, although that is linked more to their choice of a diesel engine - their engine is inherently heavier than the Toyota or Porsche designs, and they cannot reduce the weight of their engine by enough to compensate for the increased weight of their hybrid drive system if they want to move out of the 2MJ class (incidentally, they are also the only other competitor to use a flywheel based solution).
DanielPT
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by DanielPT »

mario wrote:
F1000X wrote:
mario wrote:On the other hand, Nissan have also admitted that they are really struggling to get under the minimum weight limit for their car - the rumour is that, even before they've tried installing the hybrid drive system, the car is already on the weight limit. If they really are struggling to hit the weight limit as badly as the rumours suggest, they've still got a lot of work ahead of them...

Well, Nissan have indicated that one difference is the fact that they've adopted an unusual hybrid drive system, which appears to consist of a twin flywheel system; there appear to have been integration issues with getting those flywheels to work in sync with each other and with the engine.

The driveline is also complicated by the fact that Nissan are using drop gears to transmit the power to the rear wheels - the idea is that the driveshafts do not need to pass through the underbody area, so the geometry of the diffuser isn't constrained by packaging issues. However, the combination of that unusual driveline and the more complicated hybrid drive systems have significantly jacked up the weight: Bowlby has already indicated that the combined weight of the powertrain, driveline and hybrid drive system already make up more than half the weight of the car.

Another aspect is probably the fact that Nissan's design is relatively immature, and significant savings could probably be made via optimisation: Auto Motor und Sport have stated that Porsche's 919 was about 18kg over the weight limit in 2014, but they have now managed to redesign their battery systems to get back below the weight limit and potentially move up into the 8MJ class as well. As for Toyota, they've already stated that they're changing from a supercapacitor to a battery based system to also try and move up into the 8MJ class too, and they also seem to be able to hit the minimum weight limit without issues.

Audi, too, have had issues with trying to squeeze more performance out of their hybrid drive system, although that is linked more to their choice of a diesel engine - their engine is inherently heavier than the Toyota or Porsche designs, and they cannot reduce the weight of their engine by enough to compensate for the increased weight of their hybrid drive system if they want to move out of the 2MJ class (incidentally, they are also the only other competitor to use a flywheel based solution).

On top of all this they chose to design a front-engined car, something which has been proven inferior to rear engined car by F1 itself. They sure like to make their lives difficult.
Colin Kolles on F111, 2011 HRT challenger: The car doesn't look too bad; it looks like a modern F1 car.
watka
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by watka »

Autosport seem to think its a front-wheel drive design, is that right?
Watka - you know, the swimming horses guy
dr-baker

Post by dr-baker »

watka wrote:Autosport seem to think its a front-wheel drive design, is that right?

According to their latest Autosport Plus article, that is correct.
watka wrote:I find it amusing that whilst you're one of the more openly Christian guys here, you are still first and foremost associated with an eye for the ladies!
dinizintheoven wrote:GOOD CHRISTIANS do not go to jail. EVERYONE ON FORMULA ONE REJECTS should be in jail.
MCard LOLA
DanielPT
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by DanielPT »

I have read somewhere that the rears are powered too albeit it is only electrical juice for them.
Colin Kolles on F111, 2011 HRT challenger: The car doesn't look too bad; it looks like a modern F1 car.
dr-baker

Post by dr-baker »

DanielPT wrote:I have read somewhere that the rears are powered too albeit it is only electrical juice for them.

That too is correct, according to Autosport. Rumours are that they are struggling to meet the minimum weight limit, despite not having a large, heavy driveshaft running the length of the car (eliminated to improve underfloor aerodynamics and reduce weight). And the electrical systems will power the rear wheels and temporarily raise the total horsepower to 1000+ hp, at least on the exit of corners. There are also apparently concerns about whether the front tyres could cope with delivering 550 hp from the internal combustion engine.
watka wrote:I find it amusing that whilst you're one of the more openly Christian guys here, you are still first and foremost associated with an eye for the ladies!
dinizintheoven wrote:GOOD CHRISTIANS do not go to jail. EVERYONE ON FORMULA ONE REJECTS should be in jail.
MCard LOLA
mario

Post by mario »

dr-baker wrote:
DanielPT wrote:I have read somewhere that the rears are powered too albeit it is only electrical juice for them.

That too is correct, according to Autosport. Rumours are that they are struggling to meet the minimum weight limit, despite not having a large, heavy driveshaft running the length of the car (eliminated to improve underfloor aerodynamics and reduce weight). And the electrical systems will power the rear wheels and temporarily raise the total horsepower to 1000+ hp, at least on the exit of corners. There are also apparently concerns about whether the front tyres could cope with delivering 550 hp from the internal combustion engine.

I can imagine that it is going to create a bit of a headache for Michelin (assuming they go with them) - with the unusual front and rear tyre sizes that Nissan have specified (using relatively high profile tyres compared to Audi, as well as using narrower rear tyres), Michelin will have to develop bespoke tyres just for them.
nome66

Post by nome66 »

or maybe fronts on the rear and rears on the front? my guess is that there some science that says that isn't a good idea or something

Londoner

Post by Londoner »

Interesting news from the WEC press conference this afternoon is that Nissan are entering three LMP1s at Le Mans this year. That's a fairly ambitious move for a returning manufacturer.
Fetzie on Ferrari wrote:How does a driver hurtling around a race track while they're sous-viding in their overalls have a better understanding of the race than a team of strategy engineers in an air-conditioned room?l
roblo97

Post by roblo97 »

http://sportscar365.com/lemans/wec/pla- ... 1-program/
http://sportscar365.com/lemans/lemans24 ... rsche-919/

This means that all 4 manufactures now have at least 1 Britain driving for them...

Audi : Jarvis
Toyota : Davidson
Porsche: Tandy
Nissan : Ticknell
Mexicola wrote:
shinji wrote:
Mexicola wrote: I'd rather listen to a dog lick its balls. Each to their own, I guess.

Does listening to a dog licking its balls get you excited?

That's between me and my internet service provider.

One of those journalist types.
270 Tube stations in 18:42:50!
Samster

Post by Samster »

Initial Entry List

LMP1 - 14 Entries
1. Toyota Racing - TS040 Hybrid - Sébastien Buemi - Anthony Davidson - Kazuki Nakajima
2. Toyota Racing - TS040 Hybrid - Alexander Wurz - Stéphane Sarrazin - Mike Conway
4. Team ByKolles - CLM P1/01-AER - Simon Trummer
7. Audi Sport Team Joest - R18 e-Tron quattro - André Lotterer - Benoît Tréluyer - Marcel Fässler
8. Audi Sport Team Joest - R18 e-Tron quattro - Oliver Jarvis - Lucas di Grassi - Loïc Duval
9. Audi Sport Team Joest - R18 e-Tron quattro - Marco Bonanomi - Filipe Albuquerque - René Rast
12. Rebellion Racing - R-One-AER - Nicolas Prost
13. Rebellion Racing - R-One-AER - Mathias Beche
17. Porsche Team - 919 Hybrid - Timo Bernhard - Mark Webber - Brendon Hartley
18. Porsche Team - 919 Hybrid - Romain Dumas - Neel Jani - Marc Lieb
19. Porsche Team - 919 Hybrid - Nico Hülkenberg - Earl Bamber - Nick Tandy
21. Nissan Motorsports - GT-R LM Nismo - Tsugio Matsuda
22. Nissan Motorsports - GT-R LM Nismo - Harry Ticknell
23. Nissan Motorsports - GT-R LM Nismo - Olivier Pla

LMP2 - 20 Entries
26. G-Drive Racing - Ligier JS-Nissan - Roman Rusinov - Julien Canal - Sam Bird
27. SMP Racing - BR01-Nissan - Mikhail Aleshin
28. G-Drive Racing - Ligier JS-Nissan - Gustavo Yacamán - Ricardo González - Pipo Derani
29. Pegasus Racing - Morgan-Nissan - Léo Roussel - David Cheng - Adderly Fong
30. Extreme Speed Motorsports - HPD ARX-04b-Honda - Scott Sharp - Ryan Dalziel - David Heinemeier Hansson
31. Extreme Speed Motorsports - HPD ARX-04b-Honda - Ed Brown - Johannes van Overbeek - Jon Fogarty
34. Oak Racing - Ligier JS-Nissan - Ho Pin Tung
35. Oak Racing - Ligier JS-Nissan - Jacques Nicolet
36. Signatech Alpine - Alpine A450b-Nissan - Nelson Panciatici - Paul-Loup Chatin - Vincent Capillaire
37. SMP Racing - BR01-Nissan - Maurizio Mediani
38. Jota Sport - Gibson 015S-Nissan - Simon Dolan
39. Team SARD Morand - Morgan Evo-SARD - Christian Klien - Koki Saga
40. Krohn Racing - Ligier JS-Nissan - Tracy Krohn - Niclas Jönsson
41. Greaves Motorsport – Gibson 015S-Nissan - Johnny Mowlem
42. Strakka Racing - Dome S103-Nissan - Nick Leventis - Jonny Kane - Danny Watts
43. Team SARD Morand - Morgan Evo-SARD - Oliver Webb - Pierre Ragues
45. Ibañez Racing - Oreca 03R-Nissan - José Ibañez
46. Thiriet by TDS Racing – Oreca 05-Nissan - Pierre Thiriet
47. KCMG - Oreca 05-Nissan - Matthew Howson
48. Murphy Prototypes - Oreca 03R-Nissan - Greg Murphy

LMGTE Pro - 9 Entries
51. AF Corse - Ferrari 458 Italia - Gianmaria Bruni - Toni Vilander
63. Corvette Racing - Corvette C7R - Jan Magnussen - Antonio García - Ryan Briscoe
64. Corvette Racing - Corvette C7R - Oliver Gavin - Tommy Milner - Jordan Taylor
71. AF Corse - Ferrari 458 Italia - Davide Rigon - James Calado
91. Porsche Team Manthey - Porsche 911 RSR - Richard Lietz - Michael Christensen - Jörg Bergmeister
92. Porsche Team Manthey - Porsche 911 RSR - Patrick Pilet - Frédéric Makowiecki - Wolf Henzler
95. Aston Martin Racing - Aston Martin Vantage GTE - Nicki Thiim - Christoffer Nygaard - Marco Sørensen
97. Aston Martin Racing - Aston Martin Vantage GTE - Darren Turner
99. Aston Martin Racing - Aston Martin Vantage GTE - Fernando Rees

LMGT Am - 13 Entries
50. Larbre Compétition - Chevrolet Corvette C7.R - Gianluca Roda - Paolo Ruberti
55. AF Corse - Ferrari 458 Italia - Duncan Cameron
61. AF Corse - Ferrari 458 Italia - Peter Ashley Mann
62. Scuderia Corsa - Ferrari 458 Italia - Bill Sweedler - Townsend Bell
66. JMW Motorsport - Ferrari 458 Italia - George Richardson
67. Team AAI - Porsche 911 GT3 RSR - Jun-San Chen
68. Team AAI - Porsche 911 GT3 RSR - Han-Chen Chen
72. SMP Racing - Ferrari 458 Italia - Victor Shaitar - Aleksey Basov - Andrea Bertolini
77. Dempsey-Proton Racing - Porsche 911 RSR - Patrick Dempsey - Patrick Long
83. AF Corse - Ferrari 458 Italia - Francois Perrodo - Emmanuel Collard - Rui Águas
88. Abu Dhabi Proton Racing - Porsche 911 RSR - Christian Ried
96. Aston Martin Racing - Aston Martin Vantage GTE - Roald Goethe
98. Aston Martin Racing - Aston Martin Vantage GTE - Paul Dalla Lana - Pedro Lamy - Mathias Lauda

Reserves - 7
53 - Riley Motorsports - SRT Viper GTS-R - Jeroen Bleekemolen
49 - KCMG - Oreca 03R-Nissan - Alexandre Imperatori
60 - Formula Racing - Ferrari 458 Italia - Johnny Laursen
86 - Gulf Racing - Porsche 911 RSR - Michael Wainwright
25 - Algarve Pro Racing - Ligier JSP2-Nissan - Rudolf Munemann
65 - Proton Competition - Porsche 911 RSR - Wolf Henzler
44 - Ibanez Racing - Oreca 03R-Nissan - Pierre Perret
Last edited by Samster on 06 Feb 2015, 21:02, edited 1 time in total.
tommykl

Post by tommykl »

Samster wrote:44 - Ibanez Racing - Oreca 03R-Nissan - Pierre Perret

A guitar maker entering an 80-year-old French singer-songwriter?

kevinbotz wrote:Cantonese is a completely nonsensical f*cking alien language masquerading as some grossly bastardised form of Chinese

Gonzo wrote:Wasn't there some sort of communisim in the East part of Germany?
mario

Post by mario »

nome66 wrote:or maybe fronts on the rear and rears on the front? my guess is that there some science that says that isn't a good idea or something

That wouldn't work either given that the other LMP1 cars tend to run the maximum width tyres (14 inches) on both the front and rear tyres, as well as running with 18 inch rims (again, the maximum allowed by the regulations). Nissan, by contrast, have opted for 16 inch rims (leading to taller side walls), whilst the rear tyres are just 9 inches wide - hence the need for bespoke tyres.
nome66

Post by nome66 »

East Londoner wrote:Interesting news from the WEC press conference this afternoon is that Nissan are entering three LMP1s at Le Mans this year. That's a fairly ambitious move for a returning manufacturer.

they're pulling a now classic tactic. just saturate the grid with your team and wins will follow.
*cough*redbullrallycrossteams*cough*

ADx_Wales

Post by ADx_Wales »

Look out.

Bathurst 12 Hour Qualifying is today, and the live stream for international viewers is imminent.

http://www.bathurst12hour.com.au/live-int
roblo97

Post by roblo97 »

Pither has crashed the #12 just after the dipper bringing out the red flags.
Mexicola wrote:
shinji wrote:
Mexicola wrote: I'd rather listen to a dog lick its balls. Each to their own, I guess.

Does listening to a dog licking its balls get you excited?

That's between me and my internet service provider.

One of those journalist types.
270 Tube stations in 18:42:50!
nome66

Post by nome66 »

tommykl wrote:
Samster wrote:44 - Ibanez Racing - Oreca 03R-Nissan - Pierre Perret

A guitar maker entering an 80-year-old French singer-songwriter?

or a guitar amp with a harness and a steering wheel

AxelP800

Post by AxelP800 »

I love Bathurst so muucchh :D GODZILLLLLLAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
Rio Haryanto for the win!
He upon seeing me accidentaly paint Belgian flag rotated 90 deg to right
tommykl returns from the bathroom
tommykl reads the chat logs
tommykl has a stroke
RealRacingRoots

Post by RealRacingRoots »

For people who actually want to know how the race turned out, Katsumasa Chiyo had the best restart possible after a safety car with six minutes to go. He passed, arguably, one of the best GT Racers in the world in Laurens Vanthoor right after the start/finish line and got a allmighty run up mountain straight and passed Matt Bell before they reached Griffins Bend. One of the best sequences from a driver I had ever seen, he absolutely earned this victory for Nissan.

There were four cars in this fight, and it was a FIGHT, at the end with Chiyo, Vanthoor, Bell and Stefan Mucke all being nose to tail in the last 10 minutes. Anyone of them could have won it. In the end, Matt Bell who lead at the restart ended up fourth overall at the line after getting mugged at Murray's; considering Mucke had the freshest tires, and Vanthoor is just that damn good, it was bound to happen. Awesome drives out of everyone in the top five, and the finish didn't require someone running out of gas to make it.
The Truth Shall set you free. (no theme music plays)
Tomáš.......Ttaaaaaaaattaaaaaarrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr
Watch this if you want to learn about what Canada is really like.
GT Super Series
Londoner

Post by Londoner »

RealRacingRoots wrote:and the finish didn't require someone running out of gas to make it.

Why must you bury the ending of last year's Bathurst 1000? :(

That being said, I watched the first three or so hours of the race and it was pretty spectacular. Skippy the Roo making his usual Bathurst appearance in the first hour, Bentleys all over the place, Wolfie Reip thinking he was Senna several times during his stint, and Markus Winkelhock (he of Europe 2007 fame) demolishing the field during the opening stint. Shame he didn't win it.

And somewhere else in Australia, 24 very miserable drivers (and David Wall :P ) were undertaking a pointless test session under gunpoint from their CEO. I wonder if Betty Klimenko and Erebus are gonna be shitrekd by W***er Warburton because she was at Bathurst? :P
Fetzie on Ferrari wrote:How does a driver hurtling around a race track while they're sous-viding in their overalls have a better understanding of the race than a team of strategy engineers in an air-conditioned room?l
watka
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by watka »

In reject watch news, Andrea Montermini finished 6th!
Watka - you know, the swimming horses guy
nome66

Post by nome66 »

East Londoner wrote:
RealRacingRoots wrote:and the finish didn't require someone running out of gas to make it.

Why must you bury the ending of last year's Bathurst 1000? :(

sounds like Holden fan to me, mate lol