Another Ferrari Mistake

The place for speaking your mind on current goings-on in F1
Nin13

Another Ferrari Mistake

Post by Nin13 »

Its looks like prancing horses are sittilng down finally.

Ha! Ha! Massa not having enough fuel to end the race and then him having to let Vetttel and Alonso pass just adds to misery.
If they had pitted they would have lost less than staying out on track!!!!!!!!!!!

With so many technical errors and mechanical problems, will Ferrari ever get back into rhythm??

Did you'll hear Webber before they went to podium, he told Brawn duo that "Massa f*cked up Vettel's race" , actaully he did........
MICHAEL SCHUMACHER FAN.
CarlosFerreira

Re: Another Ferrari Mistake

Post by CarlosFerreira »

Massa did ruin Vettel's race, but I would have liked to see some aggression on Vettel's side. I don't remember he ever actually trying to go past the Ferrari.
Stay home, Colin Kolles!
Nin13

Post by Nin13 »

CarlosFerreira wrote:Massa did ruin Vettel's race, but I would have liked to see some aggression on Vettel's side. I don't remember he ever actually trying to go past the Ferrari.

Massa was quick on straight due to his KERS, like Hamilton last time in Bahrain. He could never get side by side to overtake.................... :oops:
MICHAEL SCHUMACHER FAN.
CarlosFerreira

Post by CarlosFerreira »

Nin13 wrote:
CarlosFerreira wrote:Massa did ruin Vettel's race, but I would have liked to see some aggression on Vettel's side. I don't remember he ever actually trying to go past the Ferrari.

Massa was quick on straight due to his KERS, like Hamilton last time in Bahrain. He could never get side by side to overtake.................... :oops:

Second time it's happened to Vettel. I always get the feeling he is a bit content; compare that with Webber's behaviour, who by now has had a few dices with Alonso and Hamilton, beating KERS powered cars. I don't see that kind of aggression in Vettel yet, as I didn't see it in Button when he arrived in F1. Very fast, but not aggressive enough. That doesn't compare well with guys like Alonso, Hamilton or Kubica, who always give it a shot no matter what.
Stay home, Colin Kolles!
alvaro3d

Post by alvaro3d »

I think Massa didn't have the balls to take first place from the beggining i saw a onboard camera of the start and he barely used the KERS to pass Vettel, instead he should used the whole charge and charge up front, driver error, then fuel rig problems? team error meanwhile Kimi car expires, it seems that the prancing horse is getting fat and old and is ready for a BBQ

Barbazza

Post by Barbazza »

Yes but was his KERS system working?

Whenever they went to the onboard shot I don't remember the little battery graphic ever having a yellow portion in it, though maybe I'm going mad as no-one seemed to pick up on this. I know they said Raikkonen was having problems with his.
Salamander

Post by Salamander »

Barbazza wrote:Yes but was his KERS system working?

Whenever they went to the onboard shot I don't remember the little battery graphic ever having a yellow portion in it, though maybe I'm going mad as no-one seemed to pick up on this. I know they said Raikkonen was having problems with his.

It was glowing yellow at parts, but the battery charge definately wasn't going down. The same thing happened later on when Rob Smedley reminded Felipe that he could use KERS to defend after the start line should Vettel get close enough. Massa was just coming out of the last turn when this happened, and he hit KERS, but I don't think it was working because he didn't really jump away from Vettel. Could be that the thing that gives that graphic was glitched, though.
Sebastian Vettel wrote:If I was good at losing I wouldn't be in Formula 1.
Everything's great.
I'm not surprised about anything.
Captain Hammer

Post by Captain Hammer »

I'm just wondering what the hell was going through Massa's mind. He knew he was losing fuel at least ten laps from the end, and he knew he had a sixteen-second buffer to Alonso. Surely common sense dictates letting Vettel through and conserving enough fuel to get to the end and hold Alonso off. But no, he fought Vettel and then had so save enough fuel for one lap with just four remaining. The result was that Alonso caught him and passed him without breaking a sweat and Ferrari lost points they could have otherwise had if Massa had yielded to Vettel sooner.
mario wrote:I'm wondering what the hell has been going on in this thread [...] it's turned into a bizarre detour into mythical flying horses and the sort of search engine results that CoopsII is going to have a very hard time explaining ...