Formula One Rejects on national television (not anymore)!

The place for anything and everything else to do with F1 history, different forms of motorsport, and all other randomness
tommykl

Formula One Rejects on national television (not anymore)!

Post by tommykl »

No, this isn't an idea for a hilariously bad TV show that would be crowdfunded and hosted on a low-end network, although I'd love to see that happen.

Instead, this is the click-baity thread title I picked to announce that, barring any unforeseen circumstances, I will be on Oxford Brookes' team on University Challenge! Expect to see me on your screens around March :D
Last edited by tommykl on 06 Feb 2015, 21:37, edited 1 time in total.
kevinbotz wrote:Cantonese is a completely nonsensical f*cking alien language masquerading as some grossly bastardised form of Chinese

Gonzo wrote:Wasn't there some sort of communisim in the East part of Germany?
Wallio
Site Donor
Site Donor

Re: Formula One Rejects on national television!

Post by Wallio »

Does this site have any merch? If so, we need to hook you up.....
Professional Historian/Retired Drag Racer/Whiskey Enthusiast

"He makes the move on the outside, and knowing George as we do, he's probably on the radio right now telling the team how great he is." - James Hinchcliffe on George Russell
AndreaModa

Post by AndreaModa »

Saw this on Facey-B - well done dude! Cracking result. Although, hailing from Banbury, the joke always was that all the clever kids went to Oxford Uni, and all the numbskulls doing hair and beauty, etc, etc went to Oxford Brookes. :P
I want my MTV...Simtek Ford

My Motorsport Photos

@DNPQ_
roblo97

Post by roblo97 »

I will so be watching that episode :D
Like I said on the chat, congratulations mate!
Mexicola wrote:
shinji wrote:
Mexicola wrote: I'd rather listen to a dog lick its balls. Each to their own, I guess.

Does listening to a dog licking its balls get you excited?

That's between me and my internet service provider.

One of those journalist types.
270 Tube stations in 18:42:50!
Ataxia
Not Important

Post by Ataxia »

Congratumalations, Tom!

Now, your attire must be an orange mohawk with a studded denim jacket, and the answer to every question is Toxteth O'Grady.

Seriously, good luck! You'll have a blast (and remember to give Paxo my CV to give to the BBC Sport team, kthx!)
Mitch Hedberg wrote:I want to be a race car passenger: just a guy who bugs the driver. Say man, can I turn on the radio? You should slow down. Why do we gotta keep going in circles? Man, you really like Tide...
shinji
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by shinji »

I remember a couple of years ago there was a picture round with F1 circuits. Hopefully something similar comes up and you absolutely dominate!! Best of luck, I'll be watching for de Bock, Oxford Brookes :)
Better than 'Tour in a suit case' Takagi.
watka
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by watka »

AndreaModa wrote:Saw this on Facey-B - well done dude! Cracking result. Although, hailing from Banbury, the joke always was that all the clever kids went to Oxford Uni, and all the numbskulls doing hair and beauty, etc, etc went to Oxford Brookes. :P

Yeah, I heard that they do an annual "Tub Race" where teams from Oxford Brookes and Anglia Ruskin paddle bathtubs against each other down the Thames.

On a serious note, well done!
Watka - you know, the swimming horses guy
dinizintheoven

Post by dinizintheoven »

I suppose that means CRC sit on the sidelines because they could only afford a leaking bucket...
James Allen, on his favourite F1 engine of all time:
"...the Life W12, I can't describe the noise to you, but imagine filling your dustbin with nuts and bolts, and then throwing it down the stairs, it was something akin to that!"
CoopsII

Post by CoopsII »

Ataxia wrote:Congratumalations, Tom!

Now, your attire must be an orange mohawk with a studded denim jacket, and the answer to every question is Toxteth O'Grady.

Behave, old Tommy will be with his posh mates on the bottom row ;)
Just For One Day...
Ataxia
Not Important

Post by Ataxia »

CoopsII wrote:

RA RA RA! We're going to smash the oiks!
Mitch Hedberg wrote:I want to be a race car passenger: just a guy who bugs the driver. Say man, can I turn on the radio? You should slow down. Why do we gotta keep going in circles? Man, you really like Tide...
roblo97

Post by roblo97 »

Ataxia wrote:
CoopsII wrote:

Yes, that's the spirit.
Mexicola wrote:
shinji wrote:
Mexicola wrote: I'd rather listen to a dog lick its balls. Each to their own, I guess.

CoopsII

Post by CoopsII »

Ataxia wrote:
CoopsII wrote:

Stop it, Ataxia! It's only University Challenge, Ataxia, it's only University Challenge!
Just For One Day...
Faustus
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Faustus »

You can borrow my MasterCard Lola fleece and cap for it.
Following Formula 1 since 1984.
Avid collector of Formula 1 season guides and reviews.
Collector of reject merchandise and 1/43rd scale reject model cars.
roblo97

Post by roblo97 »

I might send a quote off too a custom printing firm for an F1 rejects themed hoodie with Life, Andrea Moda, Modena Lamborghini, MasterCard Lola and drivers like Inoue San and JJD on it.
Mexicola wrote:
shinji wrote:

Nessafox
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Nessafox »

I think you should find yourself some Moneytron-merchansiding, to show of your Belgian heritage.
I don't know what i want and i want it now!
dr-baker

Post by dr-baker »

This. That is all.
watka wrote:I find it amusing that whilst you're one of the more openly Christian guys here, you are still first and foremost associated with an eye for the ladies!
dinizintheoven wrote:GOOD CHRISTIANS do not go to jail. EVERYONE ON FORMULA ONE REJECTS should be in jail.
MCard LOLA
Frogfoot9013

Post by Frogfoot9013 »

dr-baker wrote:This. That is all.

Oh. My. God. That is..... AMAZING!!!!!
James Hunt, commentating on the 1991 German Grand Prix wrote:The Benettons looking very smart together on the track, mostly because they're both going so slowly.
dr-baker

Post by dr-baker »

Faustus wrote:You can borrow my MasterCard Lola fleece and cap for it.

I am still upset that I did not outbid you for this.

In fact, I am still kicking myself for posting that eBay auction on here so others could bid. I think it was only you and I who bid for that in the end, wasn't it?

Not bitter and twisted, mind you... ;)
watka wrote:I find it amusing that whilst you're one of the more openly Christian guys here, you are still first and foremost associated with an eye for the ladies!
dinizintheoven wrote:GOOD CHRISTIANS do not go to jail. EVERYONE ON FORMULA ONE REJECTS should be in jail.
MCard LOLA
tommykl

Post by tommykl »

Update: we did not make the next series of University Challenge, so I won't be making an appearance (obviously).

However, this means that I can attempt to make the show again next season, which I obviously will. It's great fun, after all.
kevinbotz wrote:Cantonese is a completely nonsensical f*cking alien language masquerading as some grossly bastardised form of Chinese

Gonzo wrote:Wasn't there some sort of communisim in the East part of Germany?
dr-baker

Post by dr-baker »

tommykl wrote:Update: we did not make the next series of University Challenge, so I won't be making an appearance (obviously).

However, this means that I can attempt to make the show again next season, which I obviously will. It's great fun, after all.

I was wondering about this. I know you had said that your episode was due to be in March, so I was going to ask in the next week or two when it was likely to be.

Sorry to hear this. Still, it just means you have an extra year to brush up on your knowledge, right?!
MCard LOLA
midgrid

Post by midgrid »

tommykl wrote:Update: we did not make the next series of University Challenge, so I won't be making an appearance (obviously).

Sorry to hear that!

I was on my university's UC team this year, and we also failed to qualify. This was my second attempt, so I now need to do a PhD in order to have any chance of appearing on the show!
"One day Bruno told me that he had heard the engine momentarily making a strange sound; his suspicion was that all the cylinders had been operating."
--Nigel Roebuck
FullMetalJack
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by FullMetalJack »

midgrid wrote:

Sorry to hear that!

I was on my university's UC team this year, and we also failed to qualify. This was my second attempt, so I now need to do a PhD in order to have any chance of appearing on the show!

University Challenge Rejects

Best result: DNQ
I like the way Snrub thinks!
dr-baker

Post by dr-baker »

FullMetalJack wrote:University Challenge Rejects

Best result: DNQ

Indeed, we seem to be universally challenged!
MCard LOLA