RIP Manor Racing (2010-2017)

The place for speaking your mind on current goings-on in F1
DanielPT
Site Donor
Site Donor

Re: The Marussia Thread

Post by DanielPT »

Can't wait for Manor (should we change the thread title?) to be in Australia!
Colin Kolles on F111, 2011 HRT challenger: The car doesn't look too bad; it looks like a modern F1 car.
Wallio
Site Donor
Site Donor

Re: The Manor Marussia Thread

Post by Wallio »

Manor and Haas next year? Can we be so lucky? (yes I am automatically assuming they will survive this season. If they didn't die yet, I wonder what CAN kill them)
Professional Historian/Retired Drag Racer/Whiskey Enthusiast

"He makes the move on the outside, and knowing George as we do, he's probably on the radio right now telling the team how great he is." - James Hinchcliffe on George Russell
Barbazza

Post by Barbazza »

I'm afraid that if Fitzpatrick takes over, that's the end of my support.

I work for one of the 'big 6' energy companies (yes, boo hiss etc - don't believe all you read in the press though) and he is regarded as an absolute joke. He's the Michael O'Leary of the Energy industry - loves to talk himself and his company up whilst also completely ignoring actual facts in other words. A total gobshite.
watka
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by watka »

Despite the new investor I just don't see how they will get a car on the grid by the 4th race of the season. What assets of Marussia do Manor actually hold? Do they still have a factory or even any staff? How long will Ferrari tolerate being a creditor? Still many big unanswered questions, but I'm hoping!
Watka - you know, the swimming horses guy
pi314159

Post by pi314159 »

watka wrote:Despite the new investor I just don't see how they will get a car on the grid by the 4th race of the season. What assets of Marussia do Manor actually hold? Do they still have a factory or even any staff? How long will Ferrari tolerate being a creditor? Still many big unanswered questions, but I'm hoping!

They still have the 2014 cars, beyond that I don't know. They're using their Dinnington factory, which they used before moving to Banbury. And if I've understood correctly, they're crash testing a car modified to 2015 regulations this week.
pasta_maldonado wrote:The stewards have recommended that Alan Jones learns to drive.
Alianora La Canta

Post by Alianora La Canta »

watka wrote:Despite the new investor I just don't see how they will get a car on the grid by the 4th race of the season. What assets of Marussia do Manor actually hold? Do they still have a factory or even any staff? How long will Ferrari tolerate being a creditor? Still many big unanswered questions, but I'm hoping!

Manor has the Dinnington factory (which also houses their GP3 team), with some production stuff - though not really anything you'd want to use for a full-blown F1 project. They have a reduced staff (provided backpay and re-hired quietly a few weeks back). They have some kit (not clear how much, but they laid out the auctions in a manner that meant they kept everything that couldn't quickly be replaced for the cancelled Auction 2). Manor has all Marussia assets that Marussia still held at the time of transfer.

The CVA Manor agreed on February 19 means that Ferrari must "tolerate" being a creditor until the agreed proportion of debt in the CVA (whatever that was) is paid (at which point Ferrari and all other creditors are deemed "paid off" for legal purposes) or Manor misses a payment to the court (CVA payments are administered by the British court system, and missing one generally means instant and irrevocable liquidation). In fairness, Ferrari's debt was large enough that the CVA could not have passed without its consent (75% of creditors by debt value have to agree to a CVA for it to be initiated successfully). A CVA participant cannot withdraw support for a CVA once it is agreed because it is a binding contract on everyone involved.
f1andrea

Post by f1andrea »

Rumors says that will be Merhi the team mate of Stevens at Manor
CaptainGetz12
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by CaptainGetz12 »

Anyone else here think that Marussia may become the new Minardi? The old king of the backmarkers had been back from the brink many times, existing for decades without a win to its name.

And to think of it with HRT and now Caterham gone, Manor has some breathing room: The only pressure now being trying to survive the season at the back.

I certainly love to see a reject team do its best, but I hope even more for a new consistent team at the back for new talent to get racing miles in.
Klon wrote:What did poor André do to you for him to be insulted like that?
Yannick

Post by Yannick »

Congrats to Manor for making it thus far. This is quite impressive in this day and age. Once first practise starts in Melbourne, they will have achieved what neither Arrows, the original Lotus, March nor SuperAguri have achieved: to actually come back. Here's hoping their comeback effort will be more successful and last longer than that of Brabham.

And one more thing we must not forget: Forza Jules!
"I don't think we should be used to finance (the manufacturers') R&D because they will produce that engine anyway" said Monisha Kaltenborn.
"You will never see a Mercedes using a Ferrari engine or the other way round."
Frogfoot9013

Post by Frogfoot9013 »

I'll be absolutely delighted if they make the 107% margin, which will mean they'll have beaten MasterCard Lola by actually succeeding with a rushed entry.
James Hunt, commentating on the 1991 German Grand Prix wrote:The Benettons looking very smart together on the track, mostly because they're both going so slowly.
AdrianBelmonte_

Post by AdrianBelmonte_ »

Here's the full post on their Facebook

READY TO RACE
• MANOR BEGIN 2015 SEASON IN MELBOURNE
• STEPHEN FITZPATRICK IS NEW INVESTOR IN TEAM
• JUSTIN KING APPOINTED INTERIM TEAM CHAIRMAN
• TEAM EXITS ADMINISTRATION
• DRIVER LINE-UP SOON TO BE COMPLETED
• ALL EFFORTS FOCUSED ON PREPARING FOR 2015 SEASON
4 March 2015, 17.00hrs
The Manor Marussia F1 Team looks forward to its participation in the 2015 FIA Formula One World Championship.
Formal agreement was reached with Manor’s creditors on Thursday 19th February 2015 in order to allow the team to come out of administration, following new investment from Stephen Fitzpatrick.
Manor’s President & Sporting Director will be Graeme Lowdon, with former Sainsbury’s CEO Justin King taking over as the team’s interim Chairman.
The team has been preparing the cars with which it will begin the 2015 season and which comply fully with the 2015 regulations. Later in the season it will introduce a new 2015 specification car as per the designs initiated last year.
Graeme Lowdon said: “I want to thank all of the teams, the FIA, Formula One Management, our suppliers and staff and of course all of the fans for the support we’ve received over the past six months. It has been a challenging period for all of us but we’ve come through it and now we just want to go racing again. With formidable new business leadership in Stephen Fitzpatrick and the board presence of Justin King we are now in a great place ahead of the new season. This is a fantastic and very rewarding moment for all those involved with the team.”
Justin King said: “It’s a real pleasure for me to be involved in Manor. I know from the years I spent at Sainsbury’s that with the right people, the right values, and sheer hard work, you can turn any business around. In Graeme and Team Principal John Booth we have all three and I’m fully confident that we can help Manor be competitive at the highest level of racing.”
Stephen Fitzpatrick said: “We've all worked incredibly hard to get the car ready for Melbourne and the season ahead. Our fans have given the team amazing support for many years and we want to restore Manor to the very best of racing in the future. I have a lifelong passion for Formula One and can't wait for the season ahead, with Manor and the team.”
#FoxesFansHooligans

#HaasShouldBeSoLucky
Shizuka

Post by Shizuka »

Go Manor, keep the reject flag flying! :D

Code: Select all

14:03   RaikkonenPlsCare   There's some water in water
Barbazza

Post by Barbazza »

Well, sadly it looks like the gobshite is in charge so that's my support gone. I hope that Jules and their past history isn't forgotten quickly but I'm fully expecting the opposite to happen.
Rob Dylan

Post by Rob Dylan »

This is a genuine good-news story, and it's good to have the rejects still around. Manor/Marussia must have listened to "Tubthumping" because how many times has it been announced that the team have gone under since that race in Japan, yet they have kept bouncing back. The fact that they are going to be there in Melbourne is a miracle, and one I support 100% of the way. May Marussia last 1,000 years!
Murray Walker at the 1997 Austrian Grand Prix wrote:The other [Stewart] driver, who nobody's been paying attention to, because he's disappointing, is Jan Magnussen.
Felipe Nasr - the least forgettable F1 driver!
AndreaModa

Post by AndreaModa »

Barbazza wrote:Well, sadly it looks like the gobshite is in charge so that's my support gone. I hope that Jules and their past history isn't forgotten quickly but I'm fully expecting the opposite to happen.

Ah now come on we should be grateful that a British businessman is willing to step up to the plate and sink a considerable amount of his own private wealth into (let's be honest here) a great big money pit. There are an awful lot of very rich people unwilling to make such a commitment, and on that basis alone I applaud him for spending the money and giving a lot of ordinary people a lifeline and new hope.

I'm absolutely delighted at these recent developments - historically I chose to back Virgin, first of all because I admire Branson as a businessman and then because they were effectively my home team, having set up in Banbury. The Russian involvement irked me somewhat, and clearly it's turned out to be hollow promises but at least it got them to a points scoring finish. Now it will be great to see them as real underdogs, fight their way through this year and hopefully, just maybe establish themselves for a bright future in a more cost-effective F1.
I want my MTV...Simtek Ford

My Motorsport Photos

@DNPQ_
DemocalypseNow

Post by DemocalypseNow »

AndreaModa wrote:
Barbazza wrote:Well, sadly it looks like the gobshite is in charge so that's my support gone. I hope that Jules and their past history isn't forgotten quickly but I'm fully expecting the opposite to happen.

Ah now come on we should be grateful that a British businessman is willing to step up to the plate and sink a considerable amount of his own private wealth into (let's be honest here) a great big money pit. There are an awful lot of very rich people unwilling to make such a commitment, and on that basis alone I applaud him for spending the money and giving a lot of ordinary people a lifeline and new hope.

Agree with this - a shade of stones in glasshouses there Barbazza!

I'm amazed Manor were able to find new backers at all - from a professionally unqualified perspective, there didn't seem to be a whole lot worth purchasing at Manor. And yet people who actually have some sort of credibility and history in successful management have come along, spent money and got involved. It's a good start.
Novitopoli wrote:Everytime someone orders at Pizza Hut, an Italian dies.
Novitopoli wrote:Juve's Triplete: Calciopoli, doping & Mafia connections.

Image Image
dinizintheoven

Post by dinizintheoven »

Could have been worse (re: the investor). Some chicken farmers from India spring immediately to mind, at least for those who have been reading the Ali Dia Football Thread.
James Allen, on his favourite F1 engine of all time:
"...the Life W12, I can't describe the noise to you, but imagine filling your dustbin with nuts and bolts, and then throwing it down the stairs, it was something akin to that!"
AndreaModa

Post by AndreaModa »

dinizintheoven wrote:Could have been worse (re: the investor). Some chicken farmers from India spring immediately to mind, at least for those who have been reading the Ali Dia Football Thread.

Christ almighty don't get me started on Indian chicken farmers!! :evil:

My Motorsport Photos

@DNPQ_
watka
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by watka »

Finally beginning to believe this is happening! So good to see the team back on the grid with proper investment (none of this Joe Public-robbing crowdfunding malarkey), creating jobs and going racing. A real shame that they can't get their hands on last year's prize money, and they are going to need a lot of leniency from Ferrari as their engine suppliers, but they'll be there in Australia. It reminds me a lot of Stoddart-era Minardi. He did the minimum requirement to update the car to the year's legal spec and made it all about just being on the grid and racing.
CaptainGetz12
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by CaptainGetz12 »

watka wrote:Finally beginning to believe this is happening! So good to see the team back on the grid with proper investment (none of this Joe Public-robbing crowdfunding malarkey), creating jobs and going racing. A real shame that they can't get their hands on last year's prize money, and they are going to need a lot of leniency from Ferrari as their engine suppliers, but they'll be there in Australia. It reminds me a lot of Stoddart-era Minardi. He did the minimum requirement to update the car to the year's legal spec and made it all about just being on the grid and racing.

The question now is can they keep this act up for year after year like Minardi did? Super Aguri tried and failed to that, and they were in a similar position (i.e. no 1-2 other backmarker teams to worry about).
Klon wrote:What did poor André do to you for him to be insulted like that?
pi314159

Post by pi314159 »

They have passed all crash tests and are ready for Melbourne!

pasta_maldonado wrote:The stewards have recommended that Alan Jones learns to drive.
Waris

Post by Waris »

CaptainGetz12 wrote:The question now is can they keep this act up for year after year like Minardi did? Super Aguri tried and failed to that, and they were in a similar position (i.e. no 1-2 other backmarker teams to worry about).

In the case of Super Aguri, they failed because Honda pulled the plug and Aguri couldn't continue without their support.

Which brings me to the following point: it occurs to me that running an F1 team, in whatever way, is a pretty weak business model. It's pretty much impossible to turn a profit simply from racing in F1 nowadays, unless maybe you're Ferrari. All teams (including Ferrari) have either support from sponsors, or their own activities outside of racing that they use to fund their F1 operations. What I'm saying is I'm afraid that whenever a team allies itself with an investor to keep itself afloat, the investor can just pull out whenever they want and since the team are dependent on them, they will find themselves with virtually no source of income. It already happened twice, first with Virgin and then with Marussia, so I don't see why the same couldn't happen with this Fitzpatrick chap, and it will be hard to find a new investor each time, especially as investors realize more and more that F1 is a bottomless pit for your money.

Remember also that in the case of Minardi under Stoddart, sure, some amount of the money might've come from his European/OZJet airlines, but the team was also largely funded by a large number of small sponsors. I think this is a more ideal way of funding a team. Perhaps not easier, but at least safer, since if one of the sponsors pulls out or goes bankrupt, that is only a small percentage of the bill that you will need to find an alternative way to cover, rather than everything, as would happen when your team is dependent on a single big investor.
MOTOR RACING IS DANGEROUS
Barbazza

Post by Barbazza »

Biscione wrote:Agree with this - a shade of stones in glasshouses there Barbazza!

I may reconsider if he stays in the background, but given his usual media profile I doubt if that will happen. Mind you, if running the F1 bankrupts OVO Energy, then great!

Shame Richard Branson stopped being the chief investor - there's someone I really do admire.
AndreaModa

Post by AndreaModa »

watka wrote:A real shame that they can't get their hands on last year's prize money

I must have missed this - when was that announced? I thought that the prize money was one of the main reasons they've been able to return?

Waris wrote:Which brings me to the following point: it occurs to me that running an F1 team, in whatever way, is a pretty weak business model. It's pretty much impossible to turn a profit simply from racing in F1 nowadays, unless maybe you're Ferrari.

You don't go into F1 to turn a profit! You do it for one of two reasons - firstly, you run a racing team and want to compete at the highest level. Or secondly as a marketing exercise to sell road cars or a product (think Benetton clothes or Red Bull). For the team itself, what are the revenue streams? Just sponsorship and prize money, and neither are anything like enough, especially in the modern age, to generate profit.

My Motorsport Photos

@DNPQ_
Ataxia
Not Important

Post by Ataxia »

AndreaModa wrote:
watka wrote:A real shame that they can't get their hands on last year's prize money

I must have missed this - when was that announced? I thought that the prize money was one of the main reasons they've been able to return?

They should get it at the end of March.
Mitch Hedberg wrote:I want to be a race car passenger: just a guy who bugs the driver. Say man, can I turn on the radio? You should slow down. Why do we gotta keep going in circles? Man, you really like Tide...
Eldridge1886

Post by Eldridge1886 »

Great to hear they have passed the crash tests, I was worried believing all the hype in preparations only to fail at the final hurdle.

Yes they will be on their own at the back of the grid, but simply by competing should now receive last years prize money which should see them through the whole season, and hopefully now there is some structure to compete beyond this season. And even if they are at the back, we are all here to support rejectfulness, and who knows a combination of unreliability from other teams, bad weather, and a heroic drive, manor could surprise at a race or two.
watka
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by watka »

Waris wrote:
CaptainGetz12 wrote:The question now is can they keep this act up for year after year like Minardi did? Super Aguri tried and failed to that, and they were in a similar position (i.e. no 1-2 other backmarker teams to worry about).

Remember also that in the case of Minardi under Stoddart, sure, some amount of the money might've come from his European/OZJet airlines, but the team was also largely funded by a large number of small sponsors. I think this is a more ideal way of funding a team. Perhaps not easier, but at least safer, since if one of the sponsors pulls out or goes bankrupt, that is only a small percentage of the bill that you will need to find an alternative way to cover, rather than everything, as would happen when your team is dependent on a single big investor.

Unfortunately it isn't the case that a team can acquire hundreds of small sponsors any more. Manor still remind me of Minardi in terms of their attitude, but I can't imagine they'd survive any more than a few years before being sold or going bust.

AndreaModa wrote:

I assumed that from the discussions that were had that Manor would be considered a new entrant and that their prize money would be divided up by the rest of the teams, but I can see now that I'm wrong!
KL-racer

Post by KL-racer »

http://motorsportstalk.nbcsports.com/20 ... cond-seat/

Just in case, you haven't saw it on NBC's site yet. They mentioned Van der Garde, Vandoorne, and Cecotto Jr. among the possibilities of racing the second Manor Marussia car this season. Any thoughts?
Now posted to PMMF . . . F1 management 2011!

After yet another long intermission . . . I finally posted round 8. What will happen in the second half? Stay Tuned
novitopoli
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by novitopoli »

Would really like to see Vandoorne get a seat.
sw3ishida wrote:Jolyon Palmer brought us closer as a couple, for which I am grateful.

Ataxia wrote:
Londoner wrote:Something I've thought about - what happens to our canon should we have a worldwide recession or some other outside event?

We'll be fine. It's Canon, non Kodak.
go_Rubens
Location: A raging river somewhere in the Eastern (cough) United States (cough)

Post by go_Rubens »

Of those names suggested, I think Cecotto will get the seat. Giedo has confirmed he's pursuing legal action against Sauber. It's a big enough thing that it might effect his driving focus, as he's pissed at the Sauber end of the spctrum about his old contract. McLaren probably want Vandoorne in a full GP2 campaign again before he joins an F1 team. Cecotto is probably the best bet, as he brings valuable money and GP2 experience. Whether he'll use it wisely, that remains to be seen. But based on last season, he was okay enough to stay out of big trouble.
Felipe Baby, Stay Cool

Albert Einstein wrote:Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.
sswishbone

Post by sswishbone »

I love that these guys are back on the grid, the reject dream lives on! I really want a decent driver to join them but I agree it is likely to be Cecotto Jr who is picked, unless Ferrari farm Gutierrez as part of the engine deal ala Bianchi
"Hispania are a waste of talent and petrol!" Martin Brundle, Australia Qualifying 2011

Live streams and podcasts from yours truly at http://www.youtube.com/user/sswishbone
mario

Post by mario »

sswishbone wrote:I love that these guys are back on the grid, the reject dream lives on! I really want a decent driver to join them but I agree it is likely to be Cecotto Jr who is picked, unless Ferrari farm Gutierrez as part of the engine deal ala Bianchi

I suppose there might also be an outside chance of Marciello being given a seat given his position within Ferrari's driver academy.

On another note, the official Twitter feed of the Australian GP organisers has just confirmed that Marussia have arrived at the venue:
https://twitter.com/ausgrandprix/status ... 3723128832
Martin Brundle, on watching a replay of Grosjean spinning:
"The problem with Grosjean is that he want to take a look back at the corner he's just exited"
Ataxia
Not Important

Post by Ataxia »

mario wrote:
sswishbone wrote:I love that these guys are back on the grid, the reject dream lives on! I really want a decent driver to join them but I agree it is likely to be Cecotto Jr who is picked, unless Ferrari farm Gutierrez as part of the engine deal ala Bianchi

I suppose there might also be an outside chance of Marciello being given a seat given his position within Ferrari's driver academy.

I'm hearing it'll be Fabio Leimer instead; he was due to drive in Super Formula, but his contract was cancelled for unknown reasons.
Mitch Hedberg wrote:I want to be a race car passenger: just a guy who bugs the driver. Say man, can I turn on the radio? You should slow down. Why do we gotta keep going in circles? Man, you really like Tide...
Pointrox

Post by Pointrox »

Ataxia wrote:I'm hearing it'll be Fabio Leimer instead; he was due to drive in Super Formula, but his contract was cancelled for unknown reasons.

The reason is simple - insufficient funds. Fabio released a short statement two days ago that explains it all.
If he's not able to collect a proper sponsorship package for his SF endeavors, I can hardly imagine him suddenly mustering up the cash for F1.

Marciello seems like a sure bet.
DemocalypseNow

Post by DemocalypseNow »

Van Der Garde would have been a hot tip for the drive, until he decided suing Sauber to drive their car next weekend was a good idea.

Suing a former employer for lost earnings due to unfair dismissal is fair enough, but demanding he be reinstated against the wishes of the team...even if perhaps Sauber are legally in the wrong, no team is going to want to get within 10 feet of him from now on. He's now very publicly marked himself out as a potential liability. I'm not sure Manor would be interested in him now.

I suppose it could be possible for Marciello to start with (would perhaps help appease the team's largest creditor after all!) and shifting to a pay-driver later in the year.
Novitopoli wrote:Everytime someone orders at Pizza Hut, an Italian dies.
Novitopoli wrote:Juve's Triplete: Calciopoli, doping & Mafia connections.

Image Image
Miguel98

Post by Miguel98 »

If Ferrari put Lello in the car, they're making a huge mistake. He's not ready yet.
Mario on Gutierrez after the Italian Grand Prix wrote:He's no longer just a bit of a tool, he's the entire tool set.

18-07-2015: Forever in our hearts Jules.
25-08-2015: Forever in our hearts Justin.
mario

Post by mario »

Biscione wrote:Van Der Garde would have been a hot tip for the drive, until he decided suing Sauber to drive their car next weekend was a good idea.

Suing a former employer for lost earnings due to unfair dismissal is fair enough, but demanding he be reinstated against the wishes of the team...even if perhaps Sauber are legally in the wrong, no team is going to want to get within 10 feet of him from now on. He's now very publicly marked himself out as a potential liability. I'm not sure Manor would be interested in him now.

I suppose it could be possible for Marciello to start with (would perhaps help appease the team's largest creditor after all!) and shifting to a pay-driver later in the year.

Mind you, it looks like the sponsorship package that van der Garde provided to Sauber in 2014 was provided on the basis that he would then be provided with a race seat in 2015.
van der Garde's case isn't merely against Sauber for loss of earnings, but also on behalf of his sponsors given that Sauber have effectively walked off with their money - it could be that his sponsors are driving this case as much as van der Garde is, because they either want what they paid for (van der Garde in a seat in return for being displayed on Sauber's car), or they want compensation from Sauber (money that, given Sauber's rumoured cash flow issues, they might not have).

Miguel98 wrote:If Ferrari put Lello in the car, they're making a huge mistake. He's not ready yet.

I suppose that the only advantage Marciello might have is that, although there will be more attention around Manor/Marussia due to their revival, he probably won't be under too much scrutiny from the media given that they'll probably be more interested in Max Verstappen - especially since Red Bull have been massively hyping up Verstappen for several months now, whilst Marciello would enter the sport with relatively little fanfare.

It'd still be a major challenge, but it is likely that he'll be relatively out of the spotlight to begin with and therefore have a chance of gradually adapting to the situation.
Martin Brundle, on watching a replay of Grosjean spinning:
"The problem with Grosjean is that he want to take a look back at the corner he's just exited"
Waris

Post by Waris »

mario wrote:
Miguel98 wrote:If Ferrari put Lello in the car, they're making a huge mistake. He's not ready yet.

I suppose that the only advantage Marciello might have is that, although there will be more attention around Manor/Marussia due to their revival, he probably won't be under too much scrutiny from the media given that they'll probably be more interested in Max Verstappen - especially since Red Bull have been massively hyping up Verstappen for several months now, whilst Marciello would enter the sport with relatively little fanfare.

It'd still be a major challenge, but it is likely that he'll be relatively out of the spotlight to begin with and therefore have a chance of gradually adapting to the situation.

Marciello is about 3 years older than Verstappen. He also has 4 years more experience in single seaters. I therefore don't know what you're talking about.
MOTOR RACING IS DANGEROUS
tumbano

Post by tumbano »

MANOR MARUSSIA F1 TEAM ANNOUNCES FURTHER DRIVER PLANS
- Roberto Merhi to race alongside Will Stevens
- Jordan King signed as Development Driver
Melbourne, Australia
10 March 2015, 10.30hrs AEDT (GMT+11)
The Manor Marussia F1 Team is pleased to announce that rising Spanish star Roberto Merhi will be racing alongside Will Stevens in the opening rounds of the 2015 season.
John Booth, Team Principal, commented: “It is fantastic to welcome Roberto and Jordan to the team. Not only are they very talented young drivers with exciting futures ahead of them, they have also been ‘graduates’ of Manor Motorsport in the junior formulae, which is obviously very rewarding for us, given that the development of young talent is an important part of our philosophy.”
Roberto commented: “I am incredibly excited to be making my Formula 1 debut with Manor Marussia F1 Team in Melbourne this weekend. It is a big responsibility but I feel ready to make this step in my career and to show that I can make an important contribution to developing a team.”
Also announced today is the team’s new Development Driver, Jordan King. The 21 year old Briton, who will compete in the 2015 GP2 Series, will combine his regular racing role with test duties for Manor in order to begin the steady progression towards his longer-term ambition of a Formula 1 race seat.
Jordan commented: “I am obviously over the moon to be joining Manor Marussia F1 Team as a development driver. This is such an exciting project, full of great people and with a real chance of success. This is another great step closer to my ultimate goal of racing in Formula 1.”
roblo97

Post by roblo97 »

Really not surprised about Jordan King's involvement in the team but Merhi should be matching Will Stevens on pace.
Mexicola wrote:
shinji wrote:
Mexicola wrote: I'd rather listen to a dog lick its balls. Each to their own, I guess.

Does listening to a dog licking its balls get you excited?

That's between me and my internet service provider.

One of those journalist types.
270 Tube stations in 18:42:50!