2017 Macau Junior Masters: AR 2.0 Invites

In honour of our fallen comrade. Archive of all previous canon series across all disciplines.
RealRacingRoots

2017 Macau Junior Masters: AR 2.0 Invites

Post by RealRacingRoots »

The second edition of the revised Macau GP will continue what was started with the first running of the Macau Junior Masters allowing for the first time a level playing field between AutoReject 2.0 and Formula 3 Reject World Racing Series teams and drivers. Once again, a 25 Lap race at the Guia circuit supporting the F1RWRS race in Macau is on the cards with the winning driver earning a test with a F1RWRS team. Last year it was Nick Nurmester earning a test with Aeroracing Engineering, who will it be this year?

Changes for 2017:

*With F1RDS becoming AR 2.0 and splitting into two series, the distribution of entries has changed. In 2016 it was a straight split of distribution with 8 entries going to each series. There are now 6 entries going to the top F3RWRS teams and 5 entries for the top AR 2.0 Teams from both of their series. Jones Racing already have an entry for being the winning team last year. All entries are given out at the end of the AR 2.0 Seasons. Depending on how entries are accepted, the bottom AR 2.0 teams will go to a one car entry each. If Jones gets a entry Via F3RWRS, then those teams will get their second cars. Otherwise, It will be the same hand-me-down system that was used last year.

*Oreca will be providing a new/updated chassis for 2017, named the Oreca MF01.B. However, the 2016 Oreca MF01 will continue to be available to teams. The cars use the same engines, gearbox, brakes and suspension. The big changes come into the fact that it has completely revised aerodynamics, a beefier tub construction and the engine intake is on the other side of the car. With this in mind, each of the engine makes will have separate ancillaries packages for both versions of the car which has resulted in different weights for the engines between chassis. With the added load of the new parts for the engines, each engine maker will only supply a maximum of six teams. Once again there are three engine makes that are "desirable" with a fourth engine in place for bad eggs or teams who can't afford the other three in storyline.

Continuing Rules:

*A driver can only be eligible if they have never raced in the F1RWRS or F1 (non-championship races don't count), have started less than ten (10) F2RWRS races. (Rule 1.2.4 for F3RWRS without the age limit, so IFRC drivers among others can be entered) Driver stats will be generated in the same manner as last year.

*The race will once again be run in GTR2. The 2017 Oreca MF01.B is the Dallara F312 converted from GRID Autosport to GTR2, while the 2016 Oreca MF01 will continue to be the converted rF3 from rFactor. There will be one practice session of 45 minutes, two qualifying sessions of 20 minutes each, then a 25 lap race at the Guia Circuit.

Useful Links:

2016 Race Thread
2016 Mod
2016 Wiki Page
2016 Race Edit

2017 Wiki Page
F3RWRS Teams' Championship
AR 2.0 E Teams' Championship
AR 2.0 NA Teams' Championship

See you in Macau!
Last edited by RealRacingRoots on 09 Mar 2015, 08:33, edited 1 time in total.
The Truth Shall set you free. (no theme music plays)
Tomáš.......Ttaaaaaaaattaaaaaarrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr
Watch this if you want to learn about what Canada is really like.
GT Super Series
RealRacingRoots

Re: 2017 Macau Junior Masters: Preparations

Post by RealRacingRoots »

With both AutoReject seasons' coming to a close, their inital set of invitations have been sent out. With RWS3 taking it's time as usual, there is no deadline for the invites until Lappy gets into ship shape. As of right now, teams that are accepting their invites can only name their drivers (or driver in the case for the 5th place AR 2.0 Teams) as numbers are being designated depending on their teams' ranking in the series.

Check here to see if your team got invited.

Teams yet to reply to Invitation

Ansett Australia Rosenforth
Écurie Prenois

Hydook CroAm Racing Team
Union Saver Developments
Loyer Racing Technologies
Last edited by RealRacingRoots on 09 Mar 2015, 23:32, edited 1 time in total.
The Truth Shall set you free. (no theme music plays)
Tomáš.......Ttaaaaaaaattaaaaaarrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr
Watch this if you want to learn about what Canada is really like.
GT Super Series
Klon
Site Donor
Site Donor

Re: 2017 Macau Junior Masters: AR 2.0 Invites

Post by Klon »

People Power presents Macau CR Motorsport takes up the invitation. We will give our cars to Roger Ibe from the Phillipines and Gerson Cherry from Brazil.
Last edited by Klon on 09 Mar 2015, 21:37, edited 2 times in total.
pasta_maldonado
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by pasta_maldonado »

Plus One Racing Engineering accept our invitation. Pierre St Laurent and Daniela Anger will be vying for Macau glory.
Klon wrote:more liek Nick Ass-idy amirite?
AndreaModa

Post by AndreaModa »

Do I need to do anything? Either way I accept the invitation. :D

If it's okay with Salamander, James Jones will drive the first car. Stan Frankham will take the other.
I want my MTV...Simtek Ford

My Motorsport Photos

@DNPQ_
DemocalypseNow

Post by DemocalypseNow »

DSCity Voeckler Junior will run Mineiro in one car, and the other...not sure yet. Maybe Aimee Gauthier if F3RWRS gets its act together and she brings in the results.
Novitopoli wrote:Everytime someone orders at Pizza Hut, an Italian dies.
Novitopoli wrote:Juve's Triplete: Calciopoli, doping & Mafia connections.

Image Image
Salamander

Post by Salamander »

AndreaModa wrote:Do I need to do anything? Either way I accept the invitation. :D

If it's okay with Salamander, James Jones will drive the first car. Stan Frankham will take the other.

That's fine with me.
Sebastian Vettel wrote:If I was good at losing I wouldn't be in Formula 1.
Everything's great.
I'm not surprised about anything.
Londoner

Post by Londoner »

Definitely Maybe Racing will accept their invitation to the Macau Junior Masters. Katie May will drive the first car and, subject to Ataxia's approval, we would like to give the second car to Jerry de Boer.
Fetzie on Ferrari wrote:How does a driver hurtling around a race track while they're sous-viding in their overalls have a better understanding of the race than a team of strategy engineers in an air-conditioned room?l
Peteroli34

Post by Peteroli34 »

Hunter-Maple Racing wlll be taking the long flight Macau, The first cars will be driven by Luke Gilson-Clarke in his last race for the team before heading to AR3.5 for 2018. For the second seat we would like to enquire id Carmen Alvarez Torrente would like to take part in one final race for the team
Pointrox

Post by Pointrox »

Hydook CroAm Racing accepts the invitation and fields two cars for Fotis Iordanou and the second driver that is yet TBA.
Ataxia
Not Important

Post by Ataxia »

Yep, my drivers are down to clown.
Mitch Hedberg wrote:I want to be a race car passenger: just a guy who bugs the driver. Say man, can I turn on the radio? You should slow down. Why do we gotta keep going in circles? Man, you really like Tide...