It's Shanghai time!
#FoxesFansHooligans

#HaasShouldBeSoLucky
watka
Site Donor
Site Donor

Re: 2015 Chinese Grand Prix thread

Post by watka »

JP will be getting a run-out in FP1. Shame that this year's Force India is a bit of a dud: http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/formula1/32094143
Watka - you know, the swimming horses guy
Peteroli34

Post by Peteroli34 »

watka wrote:JP will be getting a run-out in FP1. Shame that this year's Force India is a bit of a dud: http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/formula1/32094143

Its a good thing that Palmer is not driving a Force India then
Jocke1

Post by Jocke1 »

watka wrote:JP will be getting a run-out in FP1. Shame that this year's Force India is a bit of a dud

Shame this particular JP isn't Juan-Pablo instead.

Montoya for the comeback.
-*:-
Bobby Doorknobs

Post by Bobby Doorknobs »

It looks like Alonso's record of completing every single lap of every single Chinese Grand Prix will be brought to an end this weekend, unless either a.) The Honda PU manages to last the distance, b.) McLaren gain a LOT of pace and don't end up getting lapped by the Mercs/Ferraris/someone else, or c.) a really chaotic race ensues that sees several safety car periods, most of the frontrunners eliminated and a win for Marcus Ericsson, with both Manors in the points.

You know which outcome I prefer.
#FreeGonzo
Nessafox
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Nessafox »

Simtek wrote:It looks like Alonso's record of completing every single lap of every single Chinese Grand Prix will be brought to an end this weekend, unless either a.) The Honda PU manages to last the distance, b.) McLaren gain a LOT of pace and don't end up getting lapped by the Mercs/Ferraris/someone else, or c.) a really chaotic race ensues that sees several safety car periods, most of the frontrunners eliminated and a win for Marcus Ericsson, with both Manors in the points.

You know which outcome I prefer.

Or d) the race itself gets cancelled or stopped due to heavy rain or something like that.
I don't know what i want and i want it now!
gnrpoison

Post by gnrpoison »

I hope for more steady progress from Manor, hopefully both drivers can qualify within the 107% time on merit. Hopefully the Mehri's race data will serve them well from Malaysia, as hopefully both can race this weekend as I presume it will be easier now then it was before a few weeks ago.
watka
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by watka »

peteroli34 wrote:
watka wrote:JP will be getting a run-out in FP1. Shame that this year's Force India is a bit of a dud: http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/formula1/32094143

Its a good thing that Palmer is not driving a Force India then

Haha, I'm obviously living in the past.
Watka - you know, the swimming horses guy
tBone

Post by tBone »

Both Stevens (FP1) and Merhi (FP2) were within 107% of the fastest time once, if I calculated it correctly. Merhi's best time in FP2 may even be enough to qualify tomorrow.
YOUR
LOGO

Here
UncreativeUsername37

Post by UncreativeUsername37 »

*Hamilton on pole
*Manors within 107%
*Williams have a display behind the wheel, on the front of the cockpit
Rob Dylan wrote:Mercedes paying homage to the other W12 chassis by breaking down 30 minutes in
Bobby Doorknobs

Post by Bobby Doorknobs »

Both Manors inside 107% :D :D
#FreeGonzo
Aguaman

Post by Aguaman »

Saubers looking good.
Miguel98

Post by Miguel98 »

Rosberg is getting frustrated, for sure. The way he reacted to the team message that was only 0.042 away from pole position, and he shouted "Come on guys" makes me think he's either getting a bit tired of beeing #2, or is slowly turning into "Nico Coulthard", like Klon puts it, or into the new Mark Webber.
Mario on Gutierrez after the Italian Grand Prix wrote:He's no longer just a bit of a tool, he's the entire tool set.

18-07-2015: Forever in our hearts Jules.
25-08-2015: Forever in our hearts Justin.
DanielPT
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by DanielPT »

Miguel98 wrote:Rosberg is getting frustrated, for sure. The way he reacted to the team message that was only 0.042 away from pole position, and he shouted "Come on guys" makes me think he's either getting a bit tired of beeing #2, or is slowly turning into "Nico Coulthard", like Klon puts it, or into the new Mark Webber.

His sound bites by saying the team was putting too much pressure on him at the wrong moments during qualifying looks like desperation to me. That is stage two in becoming a solid number 2 driver.
Colin Kolles on F111, 2011 HRT challenger: The car doesn't look too bad; it looks like a modern F1 car.
mario

Post by mario »

DanielPT wrote:
Miguel98 wrote:Rosberg is getting frustrated, for sure. The way he reacted to the team message that was only 0.042 away from pole position, and he shouted "Come on guys" makes me think he's either getting a bit tired of beeing #2, or is slowly turning into "Nico Coulthard", like Klon puts it, or into the new Mark Webber.

His sound bites by saying the team was putting too much pressure on him at the wrong moments during qualifying looks like desperation to me. That is stage two in becoming a solid number 2 driver.

I have to say that, since the radio transmission restrictions came in, it looks as if Rosberg has lost a little of his edge and been slightly more unsettled within the cockpit than before. It wouldn't be surprising if at least some of those frustrations at being unable to unlock the performance that he had before came to the fore in that message.

Furthermore, I wonder if there is also an element of feeling concerned about Ferrari's considerable turnaround in form this season - given that Nico has also been beaten three successive times in qualifying, he knows that, strategically, he is more exposed to being beaten by Ferrari than Hamilton is, and I wouldn't be surprised if that has also created just a little bit of uncertainty and frustration in his mind.
Martin Brundle, on watching a replay of Grosjean spinning:
"The problem with Grosjean is that he want to take a look back at the corner he's just exited"
Londoner

Post by Londoner »

Either Bernie's continuing to go senile, or he's taking trolling to a whole new level. :roll:
Fetzie on Ferrari wrote:How does a driver hurtling around a race track while they're sous-viding in their overalls have a better understanding of the race than a team of strategy engineers in an air-conditioned room?l
Wallio
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Wallio »

East Londoner wrote:

Either Bernie's continuing to go senile, or he's taking trolling to a whole new level. :roll:

Well to be fair, that was the original intention. Sports car racing "The World Championship for Makes" was for constructors. Now though, its silliness, the WCC is where the money is, and that's the one the teams want to win.
Professional Historian/Retired Drag Racer/Whiskey Enthusiast

"He makes the move on the outside, and knowing George as we do, he's probably on the radio right now telling the team how great he is." - James Hinchcliffe on George Russell
CoopsII

Post by CoopsII »

As it's a joke Twitter feed should we even be taking it seriously? I mean, I really enjoyed the Commander Riker one but...
Just For One Day...
Londoner

Post by Londoner »

And what are Red Bull doing?
Fetzie on Ferrari wrote:How does a driver hurtling around a race track while they're sous-viding in their overalls have a better understanding of the race than a team of strategy engineers in an air-conditioned room?l
Paul Hayes

Post by Paul Hayes »

Can we sound the "Noah's Ark" cliche klaxon?
AdrianBelmonte_

Post by AdrianBelmonte_ »

BANZAI MAX!
#FoxesFansHooligans

#HaasShouldBeSoLucky
Salamander

Post by Salamander »

That was almost a big wreck between Verstappen and Ericsson... can't say Max earned any respect from me for that.
Sebastian Vettel wrote:If I was good at losing I wouldn't be in Formula 1.
Everything's great.
I'm not surprised about anything.
Paul Hayes

Post by Paul Hayes »

Interesting to see the Ferraris getting closer. I wonder if they really can mount a serious challenge here?
GerhardTalger

Post by GerhardTalger »

Salamander wrote:That was almost a big wreck between Verstappen and Ericsson... can't say Max earned any respect from me for that.

Was a little disputable. Ericsson left some room and Verstappen was going for it. I like it when drivers dare to do that much, but this one could have gone very, very wrong.

I'd rather see that action three times over than the current borefest.
good_Ralf

Post by good_Ralf »

Maldonado back to being himself LOL. More points thrown away by Lotus.
Check out the position of the sun on 2 August at 20:08 in my garden

Allard Kalff in 1994 wrote:OH!! Schumacher in the wall! Right in front of us, Michael Schumacher is in the wall! He's hit the pitwall, he c... Ah, it's Jos Verstappen.
AdrianBelmonte_

good_Ralf wrote:Maldonado back to being himself LOL. More points thrown away by Lotus.

Nah, Button's fault, not his fault, not this time
#FoxesFansHooligans

#HaasShouldBeSoLucky
good_Ralf

Post by good_Ralf »

AdrianBelmonte_ wrote:
good_Ralf wrote:Maldonado back to being himself LOL. More points thrown away by Lotus.

I meant the pit lane incident and the earlier spin.

Allard Kalff in 1994 wrote:OH!! Schumacher in the wall! Right in front of us, Michael Schumacher is in the wall! He's hit the pitwall, he c... Ah, it's Jos Verstappen.
AdrianBelmonte_

good_Ralf wrote:
AdrianBelmonte_ wrote:

I meant the pit lane incident and the earlier spin.

ah
#FoxesFansHooligans

#HaasShouldBeSoLucky
Londoner

Post by Londoner »

Verstappen going all 420, blaze it up, yeah. :P
good_Ralf

Post by good_Ralf »

Verstappen nooooooooo!!!! Grumble!!!!

EDIT: Is this the first season ever where the SC is deployed in all of the first 3 races without being caused by rain?
And also the first time since 2000/1 where the same drivers lock out the podium for 3 straight races I believe, sums up the increasingly insurmountable gap between the top 3 and the rest. Ugh.
Last edited by good_Ralf on 12 Apr 2015, 07:48, edited 2 times in total.

Londoner

Post by Londoner »

Welp, a shite end to a shite race. At least we have Euro F3 and IndyCar later today to look forward to.
Paul Hayes

Post by Paul Hayes »

Well, if we couldn't have an exciting finish to the race, at least we had an amusing one!
GerhardTalger

Post by GerhardTalger »

Good marshalling here :roll:
AdrianBelmonte_

The marshals, ROTR i guess
#FoxesFansHooligans

#HaasShouldBeSoLucky
Miguel98

Post by Miguel98 »

That was a useless grand prix. Just useless.
Mario on Gutierrez after the Italian Grand Prix wrote:He's no longer just a bit of a tool, he's the entire tool set.

18-07-2015: Forever in our hearts Jules.
25-08-2015: Forever in our hearts Justin.
Salamander

Post by Salamander »

GerhardTalger wrote:
Salamander wrote:That was almost a big wreck between Verstappen and Ericsson... can't say Max earned any respect from me for that.

Was a little disputable. Ericsson left some room and Verstappen was going for it. I like it when drivers dare to do that much, but this one could have gone very, very wrong.

I don't care if it was the only interesting thing to happen all race, I will never have time for Senna-style "we're gonna wreck if you don't get the hell out of my way" overtakes - though to be fair, that was the only instance of that by Verstappen in what was clearly the best race from the Red Bull quartet.
Sebastian Vettel wrote:If I was good at losing I wouldn't be in Formula 1.
Everything's great.
I'm not surprised about anything.
Aguaman

Post by Aguaman »

Well beats the footy I guess.

It was not really that bad but this is the first race I saw live this year on TV, so yeah.
UncreativeUsername37

Post by UncreativeUsername37 »

There were enough little battles in the lower midfield to make the race entertaining.

I already know the top six championship positions, but I guess I'll keep watching.
Rob Dylan wrote:Mercedes paying homage to the other W12 chassis by breaking down 30 minutes in
mario

Post by mario »

CoopsII wrote:As it's a joke Twitter feed should we even be taking it seriously? I mean, I really enjoyed the Commander Riker one but...

The Twitter feed may be a joke, but those words are indeed what Bernie said in an interview with Sky.

Paul Hayes wrote:Well, if we couldn't have an exciting finish to the race, at least we had an amusing one!

At least there was some quick thinking by the Toro Rosso team to take the front wing off - still, I couldn't help but laugh at the cheers from the crowd over that incident.

Salamander wrote:
GerhardTalger wrote:

I don't care if it was the only interesting thing to happen all race, I will never have time for Senna-style "we're gonna wreck if you don't get the hell out of my way" overtakes - though to be fair, that was the only instance of that by Verstappen in what was clearly the best race from the Red Bull quartet.

To a certain extent, it almost looked like an accidental overtake - as Brundle commented, it looked as if Verstappen had slightly overcooked it on the brakes before entering the corner and ended up turning it into an overtaking move by throwing it down the inside of Ericsson.
Furthermore, to a certain extent Ericsson was kind of forced into making a highly aggressive move due to the power deficit of the Renault powertrain - he was only just about able to keep up on the straights even with DRS, so it was always going to require a very late braking move to catch Ericsson by surprise.
Martin Brundle, on watching a replay of Grosjean spinning:
"The problem with Grosjean is that he want to take a look back at the corner he's just exited"
Aguaman

Post by Aguaman »

UgncreativeUsergname wrote:There were enough little battles in the lower midfield to make the race entertaining.

I already know the top six championship positions, but I guess I'll keep watching.

It's basically like 2001, 2002 and 2004 all over again which isn't bad. I love the lower midfield battles