2015 GPR Premiership

Archive for the three above subforums
DemocalypseNow

2015 GPR Premiership

Post by DemocalypseNow »

Welcome to the Grand Prix Rejects Premiership! This is the football management league where GPR members face off against each other with their own fictional clubs to see who is the best at managing a football team!

Having been previously neglected in its former guise as the F1R Premier League, the current league has only six teams for its second season. However, with only 10 fixtures for Season 2, and two games per week, that means it won't be much longer until new entrants can sign up!

For now, keep tabs on the GPR Premiership battle with the table below. Can anyone overthrow last year's champions F.C. Inter Edinburgh?

[xpert11]http://www.xperteleven.com/standingsExternal.aspx?Lid=349438&Div=1&Lang=EN&SWO=1&SEV=1&SLO=1[/xpert11]
Novitopoli wrote:Everytime someone orders at Pizza Hut, an Italian dies.
Novitopoli wrote:Juve's Triplete: Calciopoli, doping & Mafia connections.

Image Image
Nessafox
Site Donor
Site Donor

Re: 2015 GPR Premiership

Post by Nessafox »

ENB is aiming to repeat their 'best of the rest' performance. Altough only 4 teams were really active, at least i beat 2 of them.
I don't know what i want and i want it now!
DemocalypseNow

Post by DemocalypseNow »

This wrote:ENB is aiming to repeat their 'best of the rest' performance. Altough only 4 teams were really active, at least i beat 2 of them.

It was really disappointing, yeah...

Hopefully we can rebuild quietly in Season 2, and then get the league really alive and kicking for Season 3!

This, RedEyes, WaffleCat, go_Rubens & FantometteBR - Don't forget, the match frequency has been stepped up to twice a week, with games on both Thursdays and Sundays now! ;)

Image Image
watka
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by watka »

I used to play Xpert Eleven a lot (got to the Golden League Cup final once so was one game away from playing in the Xpert Champions League!) but it took up so much of my free time that I had to step away!
Watka - you know, the swimming horses guy
DemocalypseNow

Post by DemocalypseNow »

watka wrote:I used to play Xpert Eleven a lot (got to the Golden League Cup final once so was one game away from playing in the Xpert Champions League!) but it took up so much of my free time that I had to step away!

Our little private league doesn't take even a sliver of the amount of time required to do that! I won the league last season, only spending 15 minutes or less a week on the site. As long as managers remember to login twice a week to set tactics everyone should do just fine!

Personally, I prefer the one-season-and-restart method of Online Soccer Manager, but you need to buy "tickets" to set up leagues there, so it was never an option for a GPR community league. The way its game engine works gives you half a chance of doing well even if you start as a small club - currently 5th in Italian Serie A with Sassuolo and top of Brasileiro Serie A with Atletico Paranaense! :D

Image Image
Nessafox
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Nessafox »

Biscione wrote:
This wrote:ENB is aiming to repeat their 'best of the rest' performance. Altough only 4 teams were really active, at least i beat 2 of them.

It was really disappointing, yeah...

Hopefully we can rebuild quietly in Season 2, and then get the league really alive and kicking for Season 3!

This, RedEyes, WaffleCat, go_Rubens & FantometteBR - Don't forget, the match frequency has been stepped up to twice a week, with games on both Thursdays and Sundays now! ;)

I don't know, i always had a reminder in my email inbox... that's why i was always ready.

And it it's the same OSM we're talking about, i understand thow those work. Altough i'm using the dutch version, not an international one. My form on that was really inconsistent, but that is to be expected of me, consistancy has never been my thing. Also i'm usually a typical 'cup team', rather than a championship team.
DemocalypseNow

Post by DemocalypseNow »

This wrote:And it it's the same OSM we're talking about, i understand thow those work. Altough i'm using the dutch version, not an international one. My form on that was really inconsistent, but that is to be expected of me, consistancy has never been my thing. Also i'm usually a typical 'cup team', rather than a championship team.

I guess this makes me the exception rather than the rule then! I can't stop winning lately, now up to 4th in Serie A with Sassuolo, only a point off third and three points off the top (which, by some miracle is Inter - if only reality could mimic fiction!). 4 wins & 1 draw in the last 5 would be considered consistency after all, right?

If we really are playing the same OSM...then let me ask, when do you use camps? Home or Away? I see most people using them away, but what's the point in that? The odds are already stacked against you in that scenario - surely it makes more sense to use a camp before a home game against a better team, as home advantage for your opponent would negate the effect of a camp?

Image Image
Nessafox
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Nessafox »

Biscione wrote:
This wrote:And it it's the same OSM we're talking about, i understand thow those work. Altough i'm using the dutch version, not an international one. My form on that was really inconsistent, but that is to be expected of me, consistancy has never been my thing. Also i'm usually a typical 'cup team', rather than a championship team.

I guess this makes me the exception rather than the rule then! I can't stop winning lately, now up to 4th in Serie A with Sassuolo, only a point off third and three points off the top (which, by some miracle is Inter - if only reality could mimic fiction!). 4 wins & 1 draw in the last 5 would be considered consistency after all, right?

If we really are playing the same OSM...then let me ask, when do you use camps? Home or Away? I see most people using them away, but what's the point in that? The odds are already stacked against you in that scenario - surely it makes more sense to use a camp before a home game against a better team, as home advantage for your opponent would negate the effect of a camp?

I use the camps for the cup matches. If i got any spares, i use all of them in the late season. It depends, if the target is 'becoming champion', then i don't care much about the cup, but i usually play team with targets around position 3 to 5, so i can put more effort in the cups.
I got 73 competitions, 57 times on target, 21 cups and 9 championships, the 'world conquering' is at 48%. Only 3 doubles, though.
Theres no records, but i think that i got around 50 cup finals. Of course, if you don't win the final, it doesn't matter. I haven't played the game since july, however.
DemocalypseNow

Post by DemocalypseNow »

With S.E. Palmeiras' manager now absent for a month, their managerial position can be considered vacant and available to applicants. If anyone wants it, holla at me and I'll have its current inactive manager sacked to make way for the new candidate.

Image Image
DemocalypseNow

Post by DemocalypseNow »

Six down, four to go. Look at that scrap for 3rd place! Unbelievably close. No difference between finishing in the top half and finishing last...

Image Image
UncreativeUsername37

Post by UncreativeUsername37 »

Look, a draw!
Rob Dylan wrote:Mercedes paying homage to the other W12 chassis by breaking down 30 minutes in
DemocalypseNow

Post by DemocalypseNow »

I think this season is probably going to be the last. Too little interest in the league to sustain it's existence, I feel. SC Red is about to go managerless through inactivity, and we need six teams minimum to progress into Season 3. The last game will be on 2nd April. After that....RIP GPR Premiership :(

Image Image
Nessafox
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Nessafox »

Yeah. Also, it's too easy this way.
DemocalypseNow

Post by DemocalypseNow »

This wrote:Yeah. Also, it's too easy this way.

Indeed. It's only been the last two games my team has been reigned in slightly. And even then, 24 hours from now I might still be champion with 10% of the season to go (it better puts it into perspective than saying one game, which in a 38 game season would not be so remarkable. But winning the title with 4 games to go is a bit of a bigger dominance).

Image Image
WaffleCat

Post by WaffleCat »

Just to bring things up to speed:

The season has ended, and it's once again FC Inter Edinburgh that take the title, with ENB coming second in what looks like a close battle, but in reality it was pretty much dominated by FC Inter Edinburgh, having a six game winning streak to start the season, with their only losses coming to F.C Stockholm Syndromes and S.E Palmeiras. ENB were no slouches though, with probably THE player of the season, Innocenzio Ossetto, guiding them to second, but the entire team helped out in achieving their second consecutive second place finish

In the middle lies F.C Stockholm Syndromes and SC Snow Shoe, the former being led by a new manager and the top goalscorer Per Thor leading them to third in the championship. Snow Shoe, meanwhile, had a fairly up and down season, managing to hold ENB's challenge off to great effect, but lost the plot against lower teams like S.C Red and S.E Palmeiras.

Speaking of S.E. Palmeiras, they were really…bipolar in their results, in that they'd lose to a team in their first fixture only to trash them in return, and vice versa. And poor SC Red. Wins two out of the first three games, then not only do they go on to a seven game losing streak, but they failed to score in their last six. Wow.

And so, that concludes the second season of the GPR Premiership. As Biscione said, we kinda need more people to keep this game running for another season, and trust me when he says it's real easy and uncomplicated to do. So, what are you waiting for?

My friend's USB drive spoiled, spilled tea on her laptop and had a bird poo in her hand.

What did she do in her past life to deserve this?

Signup for the Random Racing League, Season TWO!!!
DemocalypseNow

Post by DemocalypseNow »

With SC Red leaving and Hurum FC joining, we remain at six teams. Ideally, I'd quite like us to get to 10 teams before kicking off again! Think you can all make that happen? ;)

Image Image
Nessafox
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Nessafox »

Well, i didn't win the season, but won plenty of other prizes, including manager of the year, so with very minimal effort, one can get decent results.
DemocalypseNow

Post by DemocalypseNow »

This wrote:Well, i didn't win the season, but won plenty of other prizes, including manager of the year, so with very minimal effort, one can get decent results.

Conversely, I won the league, and absolutely nothing else! Plus a bunch of my key players decided to retire on me, and I have another three that just announced they will quit on me at the end of the year...Inter is falling apart at the seams! I think my team should become quite easily beatable very soon...

Image Image
DemocalypseNow

Post by DemocalypseNow »

So....there are still only six teams in the league. Do we all want to proceed with such a small number, wait a little longer, or fold the league?

Image Image
UncreativeUsername37

Post by UncreativeUsername37 »

Biscione wrote:So....there are still only six teams in the league. Do we all want to proceed with such a small number, wait a little longer, or fold the league?

My vote is give it another three or four days and if not, I'm fine with six teams.
Rob Dylan wrote:Mercedes paying homage to the other W12 chassis by breaking down 30 minutes in