ROTR: Monaco 2015

The place for speaking your mind on current goings-on in F1
FMecha

ROTR: Monaco 2015

Post by FMecha »

You know the drill.

My nomination: Whoever told Hamilton to pit during the safety car period (or is it Hamilton himself?). :x :facepalm: If we have the hall of shame again, this should be win the "Severe Brain Fade" award.
PSN ID: FMecha_EXE | FMecha on GT Sport
GerhardTalger

Re: ROTR: Monaco 2015

Post by GerhardTalger »

Hamilton's engineer or at least the one to make that ludicrous call

HM for Grosjean/Verstappen here.
Aguaman

Post by Aguaman »

Mercedes obviously.

But they got a win. So Lewis Hamilton's side of the garage.
Salamander

Post by Salamander »

Williams. Dear lord were they terrible.
Sebastian Vettel wrote:If I was good at losing I wouldn't be in Formula 1.
Everything's great.
I'm not surprised about anything.
tBone

Post by tBone »

Let's start with some dishonorable mentions here.

Toro Rosso for only getting one point in a weekend where they were the 3rd or 4th fastest team on the grid. A terrible pit stop for Verstappen and a blunder missing the weighing call costing Sainz a grid penalty.

Williams for having a weekend as they had most of the time in 2013.

Max Verstappen for that rookie mistake. Too much risk taken when he had 14 laps left to put more pressure on Grosjean.

But of course, Mercedes strategists must be nominated for Lewis' second stop.
YOUR
LOGO

Here
AdrianBelmonte_

Post by AdrianBelmonte_ »

Mercedes: they binned HAM race

The race stewards: they didn't gave a totally deserved penalty to RIC when he did the same (or even worse) thing as ALO on 1st lap
#FoxesFansHooligans

#HaasShouldBeSoLucky
dinizintheoven

Post by dinizintheoven »

What they all (mostly) said - it's got to be whoever made the call to bring Lewis Hamilton into the pits. And not just for that decision, but for what we will all have to endure afterwards. Lewis will no doubt have a huge, huge moan, if his body language at the podium and even stopping half-way through the slow-down lap is accurate. He'll be entirely justified in doing so unless he made the call himself, but then there will be the tedious, tedious gloating from the anti-Hamilton faction who want to see this happen to him on a daily basis (and for Nicole to sue him for something that happened in their on-off-on-off-on-off-on-off relationship, for his dog to get worms, etc etc etc etc etc) and that will be further answered by the pro-Hamilton fanboys who want Nico Rosberg lynched, Toto Wolff to get bilharzia and somehow implicate Fernando Alonso in the mess for bad measure...

...and the whole horrid cycle repeats itself once more.

Perkele.
James Allen, on his favourite F1 engine of all time:
"...the Life W12, I can't describe the noise to you, but imagine filling your dustbin with nuts and bolts, and then throwing it down the stairs, it was something akin to that!"
Cynon

Post by Cynon »

Bernie -- Guess this win was bad for business, too? Golden boy Hamilton looks like a petulant child, and the two guys he slagged off as being bad for F1 went 1-2.
Nico Hulkenberg -- Turned into Alonso on the first lap. Yup, this chump is overrated.
Mercedes Pit Wall -- Infiltrated by Toyota men from years past. The same Toyota men that routinely threw good results and a Bahrain 1-2 away.
Kimi Raikkonen -- Deadbeat teammate.
Maldolan's Brakes -- Can't wait for the Minidrivers segment on Maldolan's luck. Or lack thereof.
Williams -- Did they even show up?
Will Stevens -- Chicannus mobilus.
F1 Stewards -- Gave a bullshit penalty to Alonso. Seriously, they seemed to act like online F1 fans, because they seem to adore Nico Hulkenberg. Ricciardo deserved no penalty though. Kimi left a HUGE door open... Dale would have approved. ;)

Recanted nomination to Verstappen. Can't give it to someone for trying to actually race.
Last edited by Cynon on 24 May 2015, 15:38, edited 2 times in total.
Check out the TM Master Cup Series on Youtube...
...or check out my random retro IndyCar clips.

Dr. Helmut Marko wrote: Finally we have an Australian in the team who can start a race well and challenge Vettel.
F1000X

Post by F1000X »

Braindead Mercedes strategists. Great job impersonating Williams, guys.

Max Verstappen for being the kid on XBOX Live who is a far too overambitious with his overtakes.
"Sebastian Bourdais- he once was a champ, but now he's a chump." -Will Power
Meatwad

Post by Meatwad »

Hamilton's strategy: What the bathplug was that?

Dishonorable mention:
Williams: Woeful all weekend.
mario

Post by mario »

dinizintheoven wrote:What they all (mostly) said - it's got to be whoever made the call to bring Lewis Hamilton into the pits. And not just for that decision, but for what we will all have to endure afterwards. Lewis will no doubt have a huge, huge moan, if his body language at the podium and even stopping half-way through the slow-down lap is accurate. He'll be entirely justified in doing so unless he made the call himself, but then there will be the tedious, tedious gloating from the anti-Hamilton faction who want to see this happen to him on a daily basis (and for Nicole to sue him for something that happened in their on-off-on-off-on-off-on-off relationship, for his dog to get worms, etc etc etc etc etc) and that will be further answered by the pro-Hamilton fanboys who want Nico Rosberg lynched, Toto Wolff to get bilharzia and somehow implicate Fernando Alonso in the mess for bad measure...

Perkele.

The radio transmissions between the team and Hamilton would seem to indicate that it was somebody on the pit wall who decided to call Hamilton in - by the sounds of things, it sounds as if one of the strategists is going to have a very, very difficult job of explaining why he called him in. Either way, I have to agree that the fallout from this incident is unlikely to reflect well on anybody...
Martin Brundle, on watching a replay of Grosjean spinning:
"The problem with Grosjean is that he want to take a look back at the corner he's just exited"
Bobby Doorknobs

Post by Bobby Doorknobs »

Mercedes strategists - Easily wins this one :facepalm:

Dishonourable mentions to Williams for a miserable weekend, Verstappen for that amateur move on Grosjean (though the BBC commentators were taking Max's side) and Maldonado's luck. Next he'll be struck by lightning!
#FreeGonzo
went

Post by went »

Whoever made that pit call is going to put the rest of the Mercedes season under a lot of stress again. If there was anything Vettel could possibly take advantage of to mount a credible title challenge is this.
Londoner

Post by Londoner »

Williams - Wow, they were atrocious today.

Nico Hulkenberg - I still don't understand what he was trying to achieve on the first lap. Perez is really showing him up at the moment.

Mercedes Strategists - The shitstorm has commenced on Twitter.

Pastor Maldonado's luck - This is tragic now. :(

But ROTR has to go to:

Max Verstappen - Way, way too impatient and ambitious. He was an accident waiting to happen despite some good passes earlier.
Fetzie on Ferrari wrote:How does a driver hurtling around a race track while they're sous-viding in their overalls have a better understanding of the race than a team of strategy engineers in an air-conditioned room?l
dinizintheoven

Post by dinizintheoven »

East Londoner wrote:Mercedes Strategists - The shitstorm has commenced on Twitter.

See, I knew it'd happen.

And now, just when I'm trying to get something positive back into the day, it's started raining at Lord's as well. AAAARRGH!
"...the Life W12, I can't describe the noise to you, but imagine filling your dustbin with nuts and bolts, and then throwing it down the stairs, it was something akin to that!"
SeedStriker

Post by SeedStriker »

1)AMG Mercedes Petronas: You've just retained the WDC just hours ago and what did you do? Stab him in the back! GJ, Merc.

2)Williams: Nowhere to be seen today

Dishonorable mentions to Nico Rosberg (why are you celebrating for a victory gifted to you in a silver platter?), Pastor Maldonado's luck (give the man a break already!) and Sauber (even the Manors got more screen time)

The Why Always in Monaco Award goes to Toto Wolff: Trying to explain why this BS happened will be gold
Barbazza

Post by Barbazza »

Lewis for being a cry baby.
Aguaman

Post by Aguaman »

dinizintheoven wrote:
East Londoner wrote:Mercedes Strategists - The shitstorm has commenced on Twitter.

See, I knew it'd happen.

And now, just when I'm trying to get something positive back into the day, it's started raining at Lord's as well. AAAARRGH!

Well at least Cook finally tonned up I guess.

SeedStriker wrote:1)AMG Mercedes Petronas:
Dishonorable mentions to Nico Rosberg (why are you celebrating for a victory gifted to you in a silver platter?), [

A win is a win. Why shouldn't he celebrate it? He had to keep Vettel off for 70 laps basically.
Faustus
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Faustus »

dinizintheoven wrote:What they all (mostly) said - it's got to be whoever made the call to bring Lewis Hamilton into the pits. And not just for that decision, but for what we will all have to endure afterwards. Lewis will no doubt have a huge, huge moan, if his body language at the podium and even stopping half-way through the slow-down lap is accurate. He'll be entirely justified in doing so unless he made the call himself, but then there will be the tedious, tedious gloating from the anti-Hamilton faction who want to see this happen to him on a daily basis (and for Nicole to sue him for something that happened in their on-off-on-off-on-off-on-off relationship, for his dog to get worms, etc etc etc etc etc) and that will be further answered by the pro-Hamilton fanboys who want Nico Rosberg lynched, Toto Wolff to get bilharzia and somehow implicate Fernando Alonso in the mess for bad measure...

Perkele.

I think dinizintheoven has nailed it. My initial thought was that Williams should win ROTR, but this Hamilton nonsense is going to be mentioned in every bloody interview and feature for the rest of the season. If Rosberg is champion by a few points over Hamilton, then we'll be hearing about this for years.
Following Formula 1 since 1984.
Avid collector of Formula 1 season guides and reviews.
Collector of reject merchandise and 1/43rd scale reject model cars.
Shizuka

Post by Shizuka »

Whoever decided to call Hamilton in.
Also Williams, they at least scored points last year, but now?

Code: Select all

14:03   RaikkonenPlsCare   There's some water in water
DemocalypseNow

Post by DemocalypseNow »

Tempted to go for The Internet at the moment. Way too much shit-flinging going on at the moment. People calling for Verstappen's head because he made a rookie mistake. Who'd have thought it? A rookie driver getting involved in an accident due to youthful exuberance! I'm so shocked! Strip him of his license!

:facepalm:
Novitopoli wrote:Everytime someone orders at Pizza Hut, an Italian dies.
Novitopoli wrote:Juve's Triplete: Calciopoli, doping & Mafia connections.

Image Image
Zergon

Post by Zergon »

I have to give this one to Williams, I know it was always going to be hard race for them but still, that´s a quite big drop on performance....

I guess Mercedes Strategists does deserve a mention for taking Hamilton in too but at least that made the title race bit more interesting so no complains from me. :D
Miguel98

Post by Miguel98 »

Every Hamilton fan in the planet. Done.
Mario on Gutierrez after the Italian Grand Prix wrote:He's no longer just a bit of a tool, he's the entire tool set.

18-07-2015: Forever in our hearts Jules.
25-08-2015: Forever in our hearts Justin.
tommykl

Post by tommykl »

Whoever decided to call Hamilton into the pits + anyone who agreed with his decision - seriously.
Max Verstappen - tried the dummy on Grosjean. Grosjean didn't bite, yet he went for the move anyway. But he made the race interesting, so he's getting my vote for IIDOTR as well.
kevinbotz wrote:Cantonese is a completely nonsensical f*cking alien language masquerading as some grossly bastardised form of Chinese

Gonzo wrote:Wasn't there some sort of communisim in the East part of Germany?
Wallio
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Wallio »

There's only one choice obviously, it has to be Mercedes,

But Lotus has to be mentioned. Pastor was well Pastor, and Roman blocked Max with spectacular consequences.
Professional Historian/Retired Drag Racer/Whiskey Enthusiast

"He makes the move on the outside, and knowing George as we do, he's probably on the radio right now telling the team how great he is." - James Hinchcliffe on George Russell
Salamander

Post by Salamander »

Wallio wrote:Pastor was well Pastor

Mind explaining how? He drove well for the half-dozen laps he was able before his brakes forced him to give up and retire.
Everything's great.
Wallio
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Wallio »

I seem to recall him running at the back before retiring.

"He makes the move on the outside, and knowing George as we do, he's probably on the radio right now telling the team how great he is." - James Hinchcliffe on George Russell
Salamander

Post by Salamander »

Wallio wrote:I seem to recall him running at the back before retiring.

He was running in the lower points, actually. Was the first car Verstappen passed after the first lap, I'm pretty sure.
Everything's great.
Wallio
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Wallio »

Then I withdraw the remark.

Aguaman

Post by Aguaman »

Salamander wrote:
Wallio wrote:I seem to recall him running at the back before retiring.

He was running in the lower points, actually. Was the first car Verstappen passed after the first lap, I'm pretty sure.

He retired from 10th.
novitopoli
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by novitopoli »

I can't get why many people here are nominating for ROTR the only driver who actually tried to do something on the track. Yes, Verstappen did a mistake, but he wouldn't have been that far behind if nothing had gone wrong in the pits and he showed some talent by keeping his car right behind Vettel's as he was lapped.
I also don't think Mercedes strategist should be awarded ROTR. Yes, it was a fairly big mistake in retrospect, but the idea made some sense at the beginning, and there's also been a more rejectful performance to award - i'm talking about you, Williams. Their worst, dullest and most anonymous weekend since they switched to Mercedes engines.
sw3ishida wrote:Jolyon Palmer brought us closer as a couple, for which I am grateful.

Ataxia wrote:
Londoner wrote:Something I've thought about - what happens to our canon should we have a worldwide recession or some other outside event?

We'll be fine. It's Canon, non Kodak.
Salamander

Post by Salamander »

novitopoli wrote:I can't get why many people here are nominating for ROTR the only driver who actually tried to do something on the track. Yes, Verstappen did a mistake, but he wouldn't have been that far behind if nothing had gone wrong in the pits and he showed some talent by keeping his car right behind Vettel's as he was lapped.
I also don't think Mercedes strategist should be awarded ROTR. Yes, it was a fairly big mistake in retrospect, but the idea made some sense at the beginning, and there's also been a more rejectful performance to award - i'm talking about you, Williams. Their worst, dullest and most anonymous weekend since they switched to Mercedes engines.

This is pretty much why I went for Williams. They're back, indeed... :P
Everything's great.
WeirdKerr
Location: on the edge of nowhere with a ludicrous grid penalty.....

Post by WeirdKerr »

I award the ROTR to Sky Sports F1 demanding answers left right and centre, Mercedes made an error which they admitted to yet sky still demand answers
Aragones

Post by Aragones »

Mercedes strategy: There's no much to say :facepalm:

Honorable mention - Williams: Terrible weekend.
Barbazza

Post by Barbazza »

WeirdKerr wrote:I award the ROTR to Sky Sports F1 demanding answers left right and centre, Mercedes made an error which they admitted to yet sky still demand answers

Oh god yes, that was truly embarrassing television. Parking themselves in front of Toto Wolff and crying 'WHY? WHY? WHHHHHHHHHHHHHYYYYYYYYYYY?'.

I had already been considering cancellation of Sky Sports during the summer break - think I will definitely do it.
MrMG

Post by MrMG »

HM for Johnny Herbert for his post-race on-air tantrum!
RAK

Post by RAK »

Mercedes' strategists: A critical error - they were just lucky that there was another of their drivers there to take up the slack.

Pastor Maldonado's luck: Oh dear. Honestly, at this point, it's serving to make him look worse than he actually is.

Williams: When McLaren, who were languishing at the back of the grid at the start of the year, manage to make enough progress to make points, while Williams are the slowest apart from Manor, something's gone wrong.
Predicament Predictions Champion, 2011, 2018, 2019

They weren't the world's most competent team,
In fact, to be believed, their results must be seen,
Lola,
M-Mastercard Lola,
L, O, L, A, Lola!
Tank

Post by Tank »

Mercedes strategist(s) - doh!

Williams - oh dear.
dinizintheoven

Post by dinizintheoven »

Barbazza wrote:
WeirdKerr wrote:I award the ROTR to Sky Sports F1 demanding answers left right and centre, Mercedes made an error which they admitted to yet sky still demand answers

Oh god yes, that was truly embarrassing television. Parking themselves in front of Toto Wolff and crying 'WHY? WHY? WHHHHHHHHHHHHHYYYYYYYYYYY?'.
I had already been considering cancellation of Sky Sports during the summer break - think I will definitely do it.

Something like this, on the other hand, I couldn't possibly comment on seeing as I've never had access to Sky's coverage... but it does give me an idea for a slightly off-the-wall Dishonourable Mention stemming from RTL's slightly strange broadcast methods. Whereas some of the advert breaks still show the race in a small inset at the side of the screen, the main sponsors just can't bear not to have the entire screen all to themselves. So, as James Allen works himself into a froth on Five Live as one of the race's most pivotal moments is approaching, I can still see it just about to happen in the inset, and then...

No! Krombacher! Get your mass-market muck off my screen!
Spectoremg

Post by Spectoremg »

Aguaman wrote:
dinizintheoven wrote:

See, I knew it'd happen.

Well at least Cook finally tonned up I guess.
I guess Barbazza and myself are a bit old fashioned and appreciate someone who wins on merit.

SeedStriker wrote:1)AMG Mercedes Petronas:
Dishonorable mentions to Nico Rosberg (why are you celebrating for a victory gifted to you in a silver platter?), [

A win is a win. Why shouldn't he celebrate it? He had to keep Vettel off for 70 laps basically.