The place for speaking your mind on current goings-on in F1
Wallio
Site Donor
Site Donor

Re: 2015 Monaco Grand Prix Discussion Thread

Post by Wallio »

Good on RBR.....
Professional Historian/Retired Drag Racer/Whiskey Enthusiast

"He makes the move on the outside, and knowing George as we do, he's probably on the radio right now telling the team how great he is." - James Hinchcliffe on George Russell
Aguaman

Post by Aguaman »

Hat Trick, Button, Nasr and Sainz scores points and Kvyat gets 4th.

It's all works out I guess.
Wallio
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Wallio »

What??? No podium interviews??? I want to see Hamilton throw a wobbly! ROTR to NBC on this one. What the actual bathplug? Sigh.

"He makes the move on the outside, and knowing George as we do, he's probably on the radio right now telling the team how great he is." - James Hinchcliffe on George Russell
Aguaman

Post by Aguaman »

Wallio wrote:What??? No podium interviews??? I want to see Hamilton throw a wobbly! ROTR to NBC on this one. What the actual bathplug? Sigh.

lol Lewis walked away anyway.
F1000X

Post by F1000X »

Wallio wrote:What??? No podium interviews??? I want to see Hamilton throw a wobbly! ROTR to NBC on this one. What the actual bathplug? Sigh.

NBC Live Extra
"Sebastian Bourdais- he once was a champ, but now he's a chump." -Will Power
Wallio
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Wallio »

That's a fine. Good thing he has a new contract lol.

Wallio
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Wallio »

F1000X wrote:

NBC Live Extra

You have to have one of several "approved" cable providers for their stream. The "free" service is anything but.

F1000X

Post by F1000X »

Wallio wrote:
F1000X wrote:

NBC Live Extra

You have to have one of several "approved" cable providers for their stream. The "free" service is anything but.

Always always always have a SKY stream back up.
"Sebastian Bourdais- he once was a champ, but now he's a chump." -Will Power
Aguaman

Post by Aguaman »

Gotta love Ferrari Vettel.
Waris

Post by Waris »

Well, that was... interesting. I can't decide if I'm mad at Verstappen for zero points again, or happy for him because he showed his potential.
MOTOR RACING IS DANGEROUS
Aguaman

Post by Aguaman »

Waris wrote:Well, that was... interesting. I can't decide if I'm mad at Verstappen for zero points again, or happy for him because he showed his potential.

Well he kind of ruined Lewis' race in a way. So yay? Because this is just funny as heck.
tBone

Post by tBone »

Waris wrote:Well, that was... interesting. I can't decide if I'm mad at Verstappen for zero points again, or happy for him because he showed his potential.

Definitely mad, in my opinion. He could have taken that risk 10 laps later, maybe. This was just too early, too impatient and very costly. He may get a grid penalty for the next race as well, again costing him points. And in the meantime, Sainz keeps consistently grabbing points here and there. Carlos will be ahead of him in the WDC at the end of the year and be the more valuable Toro Rosso driver.

...or am I too grumpy now because I'm disappointed?

By the way, I was instantly remembering Interlagos 2001.
Last edited by tBone on 24 May 2015, 14:17, edited 1 time in total.
YOUR
LOGO

Here
Bobby Doorknobs

Post by Bobby Doorknobs »

Press_Play2002 wrote:You can't comprehend my absolute anger at the RETARDED actions of Max the moronic CHILD and the CLOWNS at Mercedes right ******* NOW. I mean COME. THE. BLOODY. HELL. ON! I really want to Mortal Kombat the living daylights out of those responsible. I know that this is the wrong place to write this, but
I'm too befuddled with the stupidity of this event and I'm in serious need of venting.

Here.
#FreeGonzo
Salamander

Post by Salamander »

Press_Play2002 wrote:You can't comprehend my absolute anger at the RETARDED actions of Max the moronic CHILD and the CLOWNS at Mercedes right ******* NOW. I mean COME. THE. BLOODY. HELL. ON! I really want to Mortal Kombat the living daylights out of those responsible. I know that this is the wrong place to write this, but I'm too befuddled with the stupidity of this event and I'm in serious need of venting.

Calm down mate, I thought Max's crash was silly too but that was down to him being too aggressive, not his lack of experience.

Also:

Hamilton's gotta stop sulking every time things don't go exactly his way.
Sebastian Vettel wrote:If I was good at losing I wouldn't be in Formula 1.
Everything's great.
I'm not surprised about anything.
Klon
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Klon »

I think we need to seperate these two things: I for one am happy with the outcome because bathplug Hamilton, to be honest, but that move by Verstappen simply was unacceptable and more than worthy of criticism and a grid penalty for Canada.
Aguaman

Post by Aguaman »

Klon wrote:I think we need to seperate these two things: I for one am happy with the outcome because bathplug Hamilton, to be honest, but that move by Verstappen simply was unacceptable and more than worthy of criticism and a grid penalty for Canada.

Exactly. Just funny how things turned out because of Verstappen's impatience and aggression.
mario

Post by mario »

tBone wrote:

Definitely mad, in my opinion. He could have taken that risk 10 laps later, maybe. This was just too early, too impatient and very costly. He may get a grid penalty for the next race as well, again costing him points. And in the meantime, Sainz keeps consistently grabbing points here and there. Carlos will be ahead of him in the WDC at the end of the year and be the more valuable Toro Rosso driver.

...or am I too grumpy now because I'm disappointed?

By the way, I was instantly remembering Interlagos 2001.

That said, to a certain extent I am not surprised at what happened - the team had been sending radio messages to Verstappen for several laps telling him to aggressively attack Grosjean and to get past him as soon as possible.

Given the way that the team were encouraging him, I am not surprised that Verstappen was therefore taking a lot of risks to try and get past Grosjean - add to that the fact that Grosjean was struggling with tyre issues and was having to brake much earlier than usual, and you are basically creating the sort of conditions which drastically increase the likelihood of a crash.

Salamander wrote:Calm down mate, I thought Max's crash was silly too but that was down to him being too aggressive, not his lack of experience.

Also:

Hamilton's gotta stop sulking every time things don't go exactly his way.

Mind you, it should be noted that he changed his tune after he actually saw the podium interview:
Martin Brundle, on watching a replay of Grosjean spinning:
"The problem with Grosjean is that he want to take a look back at the corner he's just exited"
Barbazza

Post by Barbazza »

I'm bored now, Sky F1. Can we talk about something other than bloody Lewis please?

His big baby antics of stopping the car, driving really slowly to the end, throwing a sulk on the podium etc really piss me off. Mistakes happen, they'll happen to Rosberg, they'll happen to everyone else. They've happened to other people in the past too and they didn't act like that.

Have we even seen the championship positions yet?! (don't think we even got them from the FOM graphics, did we?)
Aguaman

Post by Aguaman »

Barbazza wrote:
Have we even seen the championship positions yet?! (don't think we even got them from the FOM graphics, did we?)

1. HAM - 126
2. ROS - 116
3. VET - 98
4. RAI - 60
5. BOT - 42
6. MAS - 39
7. RIC - 35
8. KVY - 18
9. NAS - 16
10. GRO - 16
11. PER - 11
12. SAI - 9
13. HUL - 6
14. VER - 6
15. ERI - 5
16. BUT - 4
17. ALO - 0
18. MER - 0
19. STE - 0
20. MAL - 0 :(

1. MER - 242
2. FER - 158
3. WIL - 81
4. RBR - 52
5. SAU - 21
6. FI - 17
7. LOT - 16
8. STR - 15
9. MCL - 4
10. MAN - 0

Also lol

Press_Play2002

Post by Press_Play2002 »

Look, I know that my reaction was a bit angry. I simply can not comprehend EVERY incident or form of stupid. Hell, if any of us were in the same position as Hamilton, I can guarantee you with moderate understanding of perspective that we would have behaved in the same fashion.
tumblr: http://www.tumblr.com/blog/n0tab0x1871 TARTZ: http://truefalse1989.deviantart.com/
"I think Press_Play2002 is on a downward spiral and has lost it completely"
~Mark WebberNot a real quote by the way
Barbazza

Post by Barbazza »

I could take it from someone who had sold their house and lived in a caravan to fund their racing career such as Nigel Mansell. I can't take it from someone who's always acted like a spoilt brat.

That's why Nigel is still a hero to me and Lewis is nothing. That first race for Lotus where Mansell sat in a bath of petrol for about 40 laps before giving up? Lewis would have lasted about 3.
Wallio
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Wallio »

Dear lord above some of the comments on Merc's Facebook page......

DemocalypseNow

Post by DemocalypseNow »

Klon wrote:I think we need to seperate these two things: I for one am happy with the outcome because bathplug Hamilton, to be honest, but that move by Verstappen simply was unacceptable and more than worthy of criticism and a grid penalty for Canada.

Novitopoli wrote:Everytime someone orders at Pizza Hut, an Italian dies.
Novitopoli wrote:Juve's Triplete: Calciopoli, doping & Mafia connections.

Image Image
Aguaman

Post by Aguaman »

This just gets funnier and funnier. The F1 fanbase is saying Nico is classless and that Merc want their German driver to win. Also funnier is that Liverpool is down 5-0 to Stoke.
Bobby Doorknobs

Post by Bobby Doorknobs »

People on F1 Fanatic are, true to form, calling it a fix by the stewards, not Mercedes, the stewards. What a wonderful community.
#FreeGonzo
Wallio
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Wallio »

Well if one good thing comes out of this, it's that maybe Webber fans will see what they looked like for all those years.....

GerhardTalger

Post by GerhardTalger »

Verstappen at least saved us from a total borefest. I don't think that incident was really that much avoidable in the end, although the biggest mistake obviously was Verstappens.
Press_Play2002

Post by Press_Play2002 »

Aguaman wrote:This just gets funnier and funnier. The F1 fanbase is saying Nico is classless and that Merc want their German driver to win. Also funnier is that Liverpool is down 5-0 to Stoke.

Wish I could laugh but (a) it would be an insult to comedy and (b) I have a nasty head cold so laughing physically would only make it worse (Go nature). Also, the fans are not making it any better, but hey. It happens.
tumblr: http://www.tumblr.com/blog/n0tab0x1871 TARTZ: http://truefalse1989.deviantart.com/
"I think Press_Play2002 is on a downward spiral and has lost it completely"
~Mark WebberNot a real quote by the way
GerhardTalger

Post by GerhardTalger »

So Verstappen gets a grid penalty. Sensible, I have to say.
Wallio
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Wallio »

GerhardTalger wrote:So Verstappen gets a grid penalty. Sensible, I have to say.

And people wonder why drivers don't push anymore. What would the FIA rather, Max going for it and wrecking, or Lewis saying it's impossible and just sitting?

Spectoremg

Post by Spectoremg »

Barbazza wrote:I could take it from someone who had sold their house and lived in a caravan to fund their racing career such as Nigel Mansell. I can't take it from someone who's always acted like a spoilt brat.

That's why Nigel is still a hero to me and Lewis is nothing. That first race for Lotus where Mansell sat in a bath of petrol for about 40 laps before giving up? Lewis would have lasted about 3.

This!
CoopsII

Post by CoopsII »

So unfair. So unjust. So awful.

For me, I mean. Because if I got pissed off with last year's nonsense then this new bollocks that's about to hit like waves upon stone is likely to send me screaming into a pillow for the next month.

You know, from frustration. Not because Raymond The Bastard has cornered me in my cell and is exacting some payment or anything.
Just For One Day...
mario

Post by mario »

CoopsII wrote:So unfair. So unjust. So awful.

For me, I mean. Because if I got pissed off with last year's nonsense then this new bollocks that's about to hit like waves upon stone is likely to send me screaming into a pillow for the next month.

You know, from frustration. Not because Raymond The Bastard has cornered me in my cell and is exacting some payment or anything.

Too true - we are already seeing those who love to give Hamilton a kicking are happily sticking the boot in, and those who love him responding with equal vehemence.

Wallio wrote:
GerhardTalger wrote:So Verstappen gets a grid penalty. Sensible, I have to say.

And people wonder why drivers don't push anymore. What would the FIA rather, Max going for it and wrecking, or Lewis saying it's impossible and just sitting?

Equally, Kimi is attacking Ricciardo for nudging him out of the way - Kimi is on record as saying that Ricciardo should have been penalised for what he feels was an obvious offence.
http://www.espn.co.uk/f1/story/_/id/129 ... -raikkonen
Martin Brundle, on watching a replay of Grosjean spinning:
"The problem with Grosjean is that he want to take a look back at the corner he's just exited"
Salamander

Post by Salamander »

mario wrote:Equally, Kimi is attacking Ricciardo for nudging him out of the way - Kimi is on record as saying that Ricciardo should have been penalised for what he feels was an obvious offence.
http://www.espn.co.uk/f1/story/_/id/129 ... -raikkonen

It was similar to the incident with Alonso, but we never saw Alonso's on board and thus don't know for sure if he ran wide and hit Hulkenberg. We did see Ricciardo's on board, and he was right alongside the wall and did not run wide. Raikkonen was the one who chose to leave a Red Bull sized gap to his inside, it was his own fault.
Sebastian Vettel wrote:If I was good at losing I wouldn't be in Formula 1.
Everything's great.
I'm not surprised about anything.
Wallio
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Wallio »

^This. Kim left the door wide open.

Paul Hayes

Post by Paul Hayes »

I rather enjoyed that Mercedes mistake, I must admit! Turned a relatively dull race into an exciting end.

Great for Button to have finally scored some points as well!
Peteroli34

Post by Peteroli34 »

With Regards to Alonso getting a penalty for his collision and Ricciardo not getting one. it could be down to the outcome of the collision. Hulkenberg hit the wall losing his front wing essentially ruining his race whereas Raikkonen didn't and could have quite easily have come back at Ricciardo.

Hamilton was not the only driver to pit during the safety car. he just happened to be the only one to loose out. Hasnt Hamilton said that he believed Vettel and Rosberg has pitted and didnt want to defend on old tyres? Mercedes should have given him all the information. Had Hamilton stayed out and Rosberg pitted and then Rosberg passed people would be saying that staying out was the wrong thing to do. Staying out and defending would have been the best option was it 2011 where Button on fresher tyres couldnt pass Alonso and Vettel before the red flag. As they say Hindsight is a wonderful thing.
James1978

Post by James1978 »

I think everyone criticizing Hamilton for his reaction at the end should see for themselves what it's like to lose a race that they had bought and paid for through doing nothing wrong of their own making, and to their teammate too.....I actually thought he handled it as best as he could. I actually though he might refuse to go to the podium. I dread to think of what he'd been like had this happened in 2011. :)

On the subject of Red Bull, I liked that bit of teamwork in the latter stages. However I would bet good money that had it been 2 or 3 years ago and Webber had been in Kvyat's position, and Vettel in Ricciardo's - Seb wouldn't have given the place back like Daniel did. ;-)
"Poor old Warwick takes it from behind all throughout this season". :) (Tony Jardine, 1988)
Spectoremg

Post by Spectoremg »

James1978 wrote:I think everyone criticizing Hamilton for his reaction at the end should see for themselves what it's like to lose a race that they had bought and paid for through doing nothing wrong of their own making, and to their teammate too.....I actually thought he handled it as best as he could. I actually though he might refuse to go to the podium. I dread to think of what he'd been like had this happened in 2011. :)

Yeah but if he didn't have such a back catalogue of classic whining albums...