Infinite Improbability Drive of the Race - 2015 Monaco

The place for speaking your mind on current goings-on in F1
Shizuka

Infinite Improbability Drive of the Race - 2015 Monaco

Post by Shizuka »

based on the assumption that, at any moment in time, there is a non-zero probability that even the slowest, most inexperienced and least reliable of underdogs might win the race. That under every rock, there might be a gold nugget. This is the award for that first podium that we all celebrate, for the overtake no-one was expecting, for Ericsson's first win. This is the award, in short, for the driver or team that makes you go "Woah! Where did THAT come from?!".

Just remember: this is a feel-good award, that will focus on nothing but track action.
Usual rules: everyone gets two votes. First vote is worth 10 points, the second 6.

Post your results until May 29.

Code: Select all

14:03   RaikkonenPlsCare   There's some water in water
AdrianBelmonte_

Re: Infinite Improbability Drive of the Race - 2015 Monaco

Post by AdrianBelmonte_ »

Only one name: JENSON BUTTON FOR EARNING POINTS
#FoxesFansHooligans

#HaasShouldBeSoLucky
Cynon

Post by Cynon »

1. Kvyat -- Escapes reject status with a drive that tells Helmut Marko exactly where to shove it.
2. Button -- Points.
Check out the TM Master Cup Series on Youtube...
...or check out my random retro IndyCar clips.

Dr. Helmut Marko wrote: Finally we have an Australian in the team who can start a race well and challenge Vettel.
FMecha

Post by FMecha »

1. Button - points for McHonda!
2. Kyvat

:D
PSN ID: FMecha_EXE | FMecha on GT Sport
Aguaman

Post by Aguaman »

1. Kvyat
2. Perez I guess since Max messed it up. I guess Sainz for getting points as HM. There was expectation for Macca to score.
Last edited by Aguaman on 24 May 2015, 14:16, edited 1 time in total.
Miguel98

Post by Miguel98 »

1. Button
2. Kvyat
Mario on Gutierrez after the Italian Grand Prix wrote:He's no longer just a bit of a tool, he's the entire tool set.

18-07-2015: Forever in our hearts Jules.
25-08-2015: Forever in our hearts Justin.
tBone

Post by tBone »

1 - Kvyat. Showed why he is in that car
2 - Perez. Maybe an odd choice because he was quite anonymous, but Checo had a very strong weekend
YOUR
LOGO

Here
GerhardTalger

Post by GerhardTalger »

1. Kvyat
2. Perez

I somewhat expected McLaren would be half-decent here, while Kvyat had the edge over his teammate all day while Perez just trashed Hulkenberg.
FortiFord

Post by FortiFord »

1. Kvyat
2. Button
Salamander

Post by Salamander »

1. Sergio Perez - SEVENTH PLACE. IN A 2015 FORCE INDIA. WHAT.
Nobody else even comes close.
Sebastian Vettel wrote:If I was good at losing I wouldn't be in Formula 1.
Everything's great.
I'm not surprised about anything.
Bobby Doorknobs

Post by Bobby Doorknobs »

1. McLaren - Both cars running inside the points until one of them inevitably retired. Button still managed to keep going to 8th though.
2. Sergio Pérez - We didn't see an awful lot of him today, but there's no way that Force India should have been running that high.
#FreeGonzo
Meatwad

Post by Meatwad »

1. Daniil Kvyat: Finally had a brilliant performance after a weak start to the season.
2. Sergio Pérez: After the last few races, no one expected this.

Honorable mentions: Jenson Button and Fernando Alonso
Londoner

Post by Londoner »

1. Sergio Perez - It's like he and Hulkenberg have switched roles. Suddenly, Checo is the one flying under the radar and collecting valuable points

2. Jenson Button - Finally gets onto the scoreboard with a decent drive today.

Honourable mentions to Daniil Kvyat and Fernando Alonso
Fetzie on Ferrari wrote:How does a driver hurtling around a race track while they're sous-viding in their overalls have a better understanding of the race than a team of strategy engineers in an air-conditioned room?l
went

Post by went »

1 - Button
2 - Pérez
SeedStriker

Post by SeedStriker »

1)Sergio Pérez: Checo did everything right today, and was gifted with a fine drive to 7th

2)Jenson Button: Finally got the McLaren to work

Honorable mentions to Red Bull (Kvyat and Ricciardo were on the pace all day) and Max Verstappen (feisty driving until his rookie mistake)

The Clash of the Titans Award goes to Daniel Ricciardo: Dale showing that you can overtake in Monaco... a-la Gilles Villeneuve :D
AxelP800

Post by AxelP800 »

1. Max Verstappen - Doing great until the pitstop issue, utilised the blue flag cleverly, until Grosjean became a @#$%^&*(.
2. (Tied) - Sebastien Vettel and Jenson Button - While Vettel showed he can hold someone in an old tire, Button conserved the McLaren-Honda to a good 8th finish
Rio Haryanto for the win!
He upon seeing me accidentaly paint Belgian flag rotated 90 deg to right
tommykl returns from the bathroom
tommykl reads the chat logs
tommykl has a stroke
Shizuka

Post by Shizuka »

1. Splitting between Perez and Kvyat
They were the two main stars of the race: Kvyat for unrejectification and Perez for scoring a 7th on merit after getting to Q3.
2. Button
This guy scored points. In a McLaren.

Code: Select all

14:03   RaikkonenPlsCare   There's some water in water
Salamander

Post by Salamander »

AxelP800 wrote:1. Max Verstappen - Doing great until the pitstop issue, utilised the blue flag cleverly, until Grosjean became a @#$%^&*(.

Yeah, because let's just ignore the fact that even if Grosjean intentionally brake-checked him, it killed any hope of points he had...
Everything's great.
sw3ishida

Post by sw3ishida »

1. Pérez
2. Kvyat
Zergon

Post by Zergon »

1) Sergio Perez: Did pretty much the maximum performance today and was quite comfortably the 7th fastest guy during the race, not bad with Force India.

2) Felipe Nasr: Qualified 16th and started 14th so getting all the way up to 9th with car that looked to be second worst in qualifying is quite nice achiement from a rookie. Yes, he did get help from other drivers misfortune but isn´t that almost always the case in Monaco.
Wallio
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Wallio »

Max Verstappen. HE'S 17! And was a man pocessed. When I was 17 I thought I was bada$$ running my dad's GTO on Friday nights. Max was blitzing through Monte Carlo and was the best man on track til Roman took him out.
Professional Historian/Retired Drag Racer/Whiskey Enthusiast

"He makes the move on the outside, and knowing George as we do, he's probably on the radio right now telling the team how great he is." - James Hinchcliffe on George Russell
Salamander

Post by Salamander »

Wallio wrote:Max Verstappen. HE'S 17! And was a man pocessed. When I was 17 I thought I was bada$$ running my dad's GTO on Friday nights. Max was blitzing through Monte Carlo and was the best man on track til Roman took him out.

I don't see why Grosjean would take Verstappen out - I mean, if that was his intention, he screwed himself as much as Verstappen, and it would be damn near impossible to judge such a brake test so he wouldn't be screwed over.
Everything's great.
Wallio
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Wallio »

I'm not saying it was illegal, it's not, you get one move. And Roman used it, but with how bad his brakes and tyres were, and with Max setting the sec fastest lap of the race then, he should have known making his one move at the only overtaking point was going to end that way.

Not illegal at all, but not smart at all.

"He makes the move on the outside, and knowing George as we do, he's probably on the radio right now telling the team how great he is." - James Hinchcliffe on George Russell
GerhardTalger

Post by GerhardTalger »

Salamander wrote:
Wallio wrote:Max Verstappen. HE'S 17! And was a man pocessed. When I was 17 I thought I was bada$$ running my dad's GTO on Friday nights. Max was blitzing through Monte Carlo and was the best man on track til Roman took him out.

I don't see why Grosjean would take Verstappen out - I mean, if that was his intention, he screwed himself as much as Verstappen, and it would be damn near impossible to judge such a brake test so he wouldn't be screwed over.

He was pretty early on the brakes though. Still, Max should have noticed that, he was a little overagressive and youthful there.
AxelP800

Post by AxelP800 »

Salamander wrote:
AxelP800 wrote:1. Max Verstappen - Doing great until the pitstop issue, utilised the blue flag cleverly, until Grosjean became a @#$%^&*(.

Yeah, because let's just ignore the fact that even if Grosjean intentionally brake-checked him, it killed any hope of points he had...

Salamander wrote:

:facepalm: I still don't believe someone like you actually become a moderator, even at the lower level. I have a feeling this forum hates Verstappen. Okay let's bathplug off. I won't reply any messages
Rio Haryanto for the win!
He upon seeing me accidentaly paint Belgian flag rotated 90 deg to right
tommykl returns from the bathroom
tommykl reads the chat logs
tommykl has a stroke
Salamander

Post by Salamander »

Wallio wrote:I'm not saying it was illegal, it's not, you get one move. And Roman used it, but with how bad his brakes and tyres were, and with Max setting the sec fastest lap of the race then, he should have known making his one move at the only overtaking point was going to end that way.

At the same time though, Grosjean wasn't moving around in the braking zone, it was Verstappen who was moving around, and didn't give himself enough room. Even then, it was clear Grosjean wasn't falling for his dummy, and I doubt Verstappen could've made the move work even if Grosjean braked a bit later.

AxelP800 wrote: :facepalm: I still don't believe someone like you actually become a moderator, even at the lower level. I have a feeling this forum hates Verstappen. Okay let's bathplug off. I won't reply any messages

This is me on another forum. Tell me I hate Verstappen again.
Everything's great.
Wallio
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Wallio »

Salamander wrote:
Wallio wrote:I'm not saying it was illegal, it's not, you get one move. And Roman used it, but with how bad his brakes and tyres were, and with Max setting the sec fastest lap of the race then, he should have known making his one move at the only overtaking point was going to end that way.

At the same time though, Grosjean wasn't moving around in the braking zone, it was Verstappen who was moving around, and didn't give himself enough room. Even then, it was clear Grosjean wasn't falling for his dummy, and I doubt Verstappen could've made the move work even if Grosjean braked a bit later.

AxelP800 wrote: :facepalm: I still don't believe someone like you actually become a moderator, even at the lower level. I have a feeling this forum hates Verstappen. Okay let's bathplug off. I won't reply any messages

He altered his line slightly (totally legal) David Hobbs called it a "juke". I wouldn't go that far. He defended, nothing wrong with that, but he had to know how it was going to end.

novitopoli
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by novitopoli »

1. Jenson Button: He finally did it! McLaren showed a somehow consistent pace during the weekend and he managed to bring 4 points and a breath of fresh air for the McLaren-Honda partnership home.
2. Daniel Kwyat: The first driver unrejectification since Spain 2014 and the first good performance for Red Bull this year. It looked like Red Bull and Williams had switched cars.
3. Max Verstappen: I'm starting to change my mind on him. The guy definitely has some talent to show.
4. Sergio Perez: First decent performance of the year.
sw3ishida wrote:Jolyon Palmer brought us closer as a couple, for which I am grateful.

Ataxia wrote:
Londoner wrote:Something I've thought about - what happens to our canon should we have a worldwide recession or some other outside event?

We'll be fine. It's Canon, non Kodak.
Cynon

Post by Cynon »

Wallio wrote:
Salamander wrote:

He altered his line slightly (totally legal) David Hobbs called it a "juke". I wouldn't go that far. He defended, nothing wrong with that, but he had to know how it was going to end.

Juke is a term that I never thought I would hear outside of a League of Legends broadcast.

But I thought Grosjean braked a bit early, too. It seemed like Verstappen could actually take turn 1 deeper than Grosjean could anyway and was caught out by Grosjean's lack of braking... because that's what it looked like to me... and that's what Verstappen himself said.
Check out the TM Master Cup Series on Youtube...
...or check out my random retro IndyCar clips.

Dr. Helmut Marko wrote: Finally we have an Australian in the team who can start a race well and challenge Vettel.
James1978

Post by James1978 »

1. Kvyat - always like to vote for unrejectification, I actually thought he'd struggle to do it this year given Renault's form and him having only scored 9ths and 10ths up till today.

2. Perez.
"Poor old Warwick takes it from behind all throughout this season". :) (Tony Jardine, 1988)
good_Ralf

Post by good_Ralf »

1) Kvyat
2) Verstappen

HMs: McLaren, Perez, Nasr
Check out the position of the sun on 2 August at 20:08 in my garden

Allard Kalff in 1994 wrote:OH!! Schumacher in the wall! Right in front of us, Michael Schumacher is in the wall! He's hit the pitwall, he c... Ah, it's Jos Verstappen.
RAK

Post by RAK »

1) Jenson Button: Points at last!

2) Daniil Kvyat: Unrejectified by a performance which demonstrated his pace.
Predicament Predictions Champion, 2011, 2018, 2019

They weren't the world's most competent team,
In fact, to be believed, their results must be seen,
Lola,
M-Mastercard Lola,
L, O, L, A, Lola!
Tank

Post by Tank »

Kvyat.

Sainz.
CoopsII

Post by CoopsII »

Verstappen - yeah he crashed, I did notice, but up until that he was the best thing in the race.

Grosjean - I just thought he was really good this weekend.

As for McLaren getting points; so they bloody should, they should be ashamed its only 4.
Just For One Day...
Peteroli34

Post by Peteroli34 »

Mclaren Much more competative at Monaco maybe helped by the fact that the Engine disadvantage doesnt cost has much at Monaco

Perez 7th in a Force India

Some Honourable mentions to Sainz Pitlane to Points. Verstappen Impressive opportunistic passes looked quick let down by poor pit stop and that crash. Nasr Despite not seeing him all race managed to finish in the points
Rob Dylan

Post by Rob Dylan »

1. The man who made the blunder for stirring the regularly-heated pot that is the TITANIC RIVALRY BETWEEN ROSBERG AND HAMILTON.
2. Kvyat for proving me wrong :D
Murray Walker at the 1997 Austrian Grand Prix wrote:The other [Stewart] driver, who nobody's been paying attention to, because he's disappointing, is Jan Magnussen.
Felipe Nasr - the least forgettable F1 driver!
UncreativeUsername37

Post by UncreativeUsername37 »

1. Pérez; see Salamander
2. Kvyat, for doing anything
Rob Dylan wrote:Mercedes paying homage to the other W12 chassis by breaking down 30 minutes in
Dj_bereta

Post by Dj_bereta »

1 - Perez: Fantastic race. More points for the team which will be valuable in the battle against Sauber and McLaren.

2 - Nasr: Scored points with the 2nd worst car of the weekend. Good job.
Waiting for Lotus hiring Johnny Cecotto jr.
AustralianStig

Post by AustralianStig »

Red Bull, for actually getting team orders RIGHT.
Join the GP Rejects league at Fantasy F1: https://fantasy.formula1.com/join/?=2a1f25

CoopsII wrote:
Biscione wrote:To the surprise of no-one, Daniil Kvyat wins ROTR for Sochi, by a record margin that may not be surpassed for some time.

I always knew Marko read this forum.
DOSBoot

Post by DOSBoot »

1. Kvyat: Qualified well. Kept his head cool. Unrejectified himself.

2. Button: Just for getting that crapbox McLaren into the points.

Honorable Mentions:

Alonso: A shame he didn't finish. Otherwise he'd be higher than Button.

Perez: First good drive from him in a while.
Proud supporter of the United States 2nd Amendment.

2012 Predicament Predictions Champion.