The racing career of Dan Morris (2012-????)

Archive for the three above subforums
wmetcalf68

The racing career of Dan Morris (2012-????)

Post by wmetcalf68 »

F1 Rejects career: Dan Morris (The racing career of Dan Morris (2012-????))
I am making a new racing career. The game I'll be using will be F1 2012
(since F1 2013 hasn't come out in North America).
The name of my driver will be Dan Morris (not my real name).
Here is his story:
Dan Morris was born on June 21, 1991, in a place called Hamilton, in Ontario, Canada.
His father worked in motor racing, being a chief mechanic for a team in Formula Atlanic.
When he was 1, his father brought him to a racing event at Mosport, a very famous racetrack in Canada.
When he saw the sportscars, he was bored. But when the open wheel cars came around, he was amazed.
5 years later, Morris moved to America with his parents and started karting. He got multiple trophies.
When he turned 16, he got a drive in Formula Ford. He dominated and won the championship.
For 2008, he was 17 now, and he went to Formula Renault. He finished a brilliant 2nd. In 2009, Dan
got a drive in British F3. He won the championship and got a drive in Formula Renault 3.5 for 2010. In
2010, he took 3rd in the championship. For 2011, he moved to GP2, the series right before the top,
Formula One. He took the championship by storm and dominated the championship, winning the title on
his debut year. For 2012, F1 was calling his name. Both Red Bull and Ferrari were keeping
an eye on him, both of them wanting him to go to their junior teams (Toro Rosso and Sauber, respectively).
But in the end, Ferrari won out, and Morris was put alongside Sergio Perez at Sauber for the 2012 season....
To be continued....
And by the way, you can enter your own drivers if you want to.
PROVISIONAL GRID: Enter your own drivers if you want to compete in the series (e.g: I want to replace Nico Rosberg with "driver's name):
Red Bull
Rob Lomas (roblomas52)
Webber
Ferrari
Filha da Puta Caralho (Stramala)
Massa
McLaren
Hamilton
Caba Zuzic (go_Rubens)
Lotus
Raikkonen
Mike Ockslarge (East Londoner)
Mercedes
Rosberg
Schumacher
Sauber
Dan Morris
Perez
Force India
di Resta
Hulkenberg
Williams
Maldonado
Ivan R. Don (Dark77)
Toro Rosso
Ricciardo
Sam Baromono (HawkAussie)
Caterham
Kovalainen
Lars-Willi Grabbe (Ataxia)
Marrusia
Glock
Pic
HRT (WHAAA????)
Maricon de Playa (Phoenix)
de la Rosa

And that is the provisional grid. ENTER YOUR DRIVERS!!!!
Last edited by wmetcalf68 on 13 Nov 2013, 12:14, edited 9 times in total.
RIP Dan Wheldon #77
RIP Marco Simoncelli #58
RIP Sean Edwards
RIP Maria de Villota
Ataxia's take on the cool wall:
Ataxia wrote:Felipe, baby: Cool
wmetcalf68

Re: The racing career of Dan Morris (2012-????)

Post by wmetcalf68 »

A test race might be up TODAY.
Last edited by wmetcalf68 on 12 Nov 2013, 23:24, edited 1 time in total.
RIP Dan Wheldon #77
RIP Marco Simoncelli #58
RIP Sean Edwards
RIP Maria de Villota
HawkAussie

Post by HawkAussie »

Sam Baromono has join team Toro Rosso with Ricciardo
Officially Retired
wmetcalf68

Post by wmetcalf68 »

HawkAussie wrote:Sam Baromono has join team Toro Rosso with Ricciardo

And we have the first entry! Thank you!
RIP Dan Wheldon #77
RIP Marco Simoncelli #58
RIP Sean Edwards
RIP Maria de Villota
roblo97

Post by roblo97 »

Rob Lomas will replace Vettel.
Mexicola wrote:
shinji wrote:
Mexicola wrote: I'd rather listen to a dog lick its balls. Each to their own, I guess.

Does listening to a dog licking its balls get you excited?

That's between me and my internet service provider.

One of those journalist types.
270 Tube stations in 18:42:50!
DemocalypseNow

Post by DemocalypseNow »

Leading Ferrari will be Brazilian sensation Filha da Puta Caralho.
Novitopoli wrote:Everytime someone orders at Pizza Hut, an Italian dies.
Novitopoli wrote:Juve's Triplete: Calciopoli, doping & Mafia connections.

Image Image
wmetcalf68

Post by wmetcalf68 »

roblomas52 wrote:Rob Lomas will replace Vettel.

You are in!
Stramala wrote:Leading Ferrari will be Brazilian sensation Filha da Puta Caralho.

Fine by me!
Phoenix wrote:Down at HRT, Spaniard Maricón de Playa will make his debut. Considered a playboy amateur by his peers, he's paid his way into the sport thanks to his empire of sex shops that cater for the homosexual public. His results in lower formulae aren't exactly great, and he's developed a reputation for hitting other people from behind, in the racetrack. One wonders how did he manage to get a Superlicense, but at any rate one thing is sure: he's never going to leave the back end of the field.

Here's the new HRT driver: Maricon de Playa! (My mother is Spanish: I know what that means XD)
Ataxia wrote:No space in a Caterham for German pay-driver Lars-Willi Grabbe?

Why yes there is! :)
Dark77 wrote:Britian's Ivan R. Don would be interested in replacing Senna.

Great!
East Londoner wrote:From all the way from the US of A, Mike Ockslarge is willing to drive for Lotus for pretty much no wage at all.

I'm fine with that!
go_Rubens wrote:Croatian Caba Zuzic will race as McLaren number 1, replacing Button.
I don't know why the forum won't let me post the accent marks, but I guess they aren't relevent anyway :P

Sure! And it doesn't matter, so don't worry :)
Last edited by wmetcalf68 on 13 Nov 2013, 12:13, edited 5 times in total.
RIP Dan Wheldon #77
RIP Marco Simoncelli #58
RIP Sean Edwards
RIP Maria de Villota
Phoenix

Post by Phoenix »

Down at HRT, Spaniard Maricón de Playa will make his debut. Considered a playboy amateur by his peers, he's paid his way into the sport thanks to his empire of sex shops that cater for the homosexual public. His results in lower formulae aren't exactly great, and he's developed a reputation for hitting other people from behind, in the racetrack. One wonders how did he manage to get a Superlicense, but at any rate one thing is sure: he's never going to leave the back end of the field.
wmetcalf68

Post by wmetcalf68 »

Test race: Spain
Qualifying:
1. Rob Lomas(roblomas52)
2. Schumacher
3. Maldonado
10. Massa
11. Webber
12.Perez
13. Dan Morris
14. Ricciardo

Race:
1. Rob Lomas (roblomas52)
2. Schumacher
3. Filha da Puta Caralho (Stramala)
4. Maldonado
5. Hamilton
6. Dan Morris
7. Raikkonen
8. Button
9. Massa
10. Webber
17. Sam Baromono (HawkAussie)
19. Maricon de Playa (HOW IN THE NAME OF HWNSNBM?) (Phoenix)
23. Lars-Willi Grabbe (Ataxia)

24. Romain Grosjean (Lost front wing)
Last edited by wmetcalf68 on 12 Nov 2013, 23:55, edited 2 times in total.
RIP Dan Wheldon #77
RIP Marco Simoncelli #58
RIP Sean Edwards
RIP Maria de Villota
Ataxia
Not Important

Post by Ataxia »

No space in a Caterham for German pay-driver Lars-Willi Grabbe?
Mitch Hedberg wrote:I want to be a race car passenger: just a guy who bugs the driver. Say man, can I turn on the radio? You should slow down. Why do we gotta keep going in circles? Man, you really like Tide...
Gerudo Dragon

Post by Gerudo Dragon »

Britian's Ivan R. Don would be interested in replacing Senna.
Trump 2016
wmetcalf68

Post by wmetcalf68 »

EVERYONE, if you are confused why you didn't get a reply to your entry, go up the page a little and you'll find the reply (I put them all in 1 post for convienence). Thank you.
RIP Dan Wheldon #77
RIP Marco Simoncelli #58
RIP Sean Edwards
RIP Maria de Villota
Londoner

Post by Londoner »

From all the way from the US of A, Mike Ockslarge is willing to drive for Lotus for pretty much no wage at all.
Fetzie on Ferrari wrote:How does a driver hurtling around a race track while they're sous-viding in their overalls have a better understanding of the race than a team of strategy engineers in an air-conditioned room?l
go_Rubens
Location: A raging river somewhere in the Eastern (cough) United States (cough)

Post by go_Rubens »

Croatian Caba Zuzic will race as McLaren number 1, replacing Button.

I don't know why the forum won't let me post the accent marks, but I guess they aren't relevent anyway :P
Felipe Baby, Stay Cool

Albert Einstein wrote:Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.
wmetcalf68

Post by wmetcalf68 »

Sky Sports F1 interviews Dan Morris
Johnny Herbert: Hello, and good evening everyone. Today, here with me is new Sauber driver, Dan Morris. Tell me, Dan, how did you feel when you first got that phone call from Peter Sauber?
Dan Morris: I was absolutely shaking after the call. When he called me to get over there to sign the contact, I couldn't believe it. Once I signed the contract, I felt like I was on top of the world.
JH: I'm sure you did! But it was expected you would get a drive after winning GP2. Are you proud to say you got into F1 with just talent, not money?
DM: Yeah, for sure. Nowadays, you see a lot of paydrivers in the sport. I get it, sometimes it can be hard to get into the sport, but it's just not the same anymore. So I'm very proud I got in on talent.
JH: Your teammate is Sergio Perez, a talented young driver who drove last year as well. Have you gotten along well so far?
DM: Oh yeah, for sure! I met him at the factory, and he was very funny. Since he had a year of experience already, he showed me around the factory, and he told me some tips. He's a very nice guy, I look forward to racing him.
JH: What do you expect for your first season?
DM: Well, right now, there isn't really a goal for me. I expect just to bring the car home, take a few points if I get lucky, and maybe from there, I'll set a higher goal. But for now, I need to relax and bring the car home.
JH: And finally, why did you choose to be a racing driver?
DM: My father was a huge racing fan and he worked as a chief mechanic in IndyCar and he was also a manager of a Indy Lights team. He loved F1, IndyCar, and many others. He took me to a race once and I was hooked.
JH: Thanks for your time, Dan.
DM: Ah don't mention it. It was good fun.
RIP Dan Wheldon #77
RIP Marco Simoncelli #58
RIP Sean Edwards
RIP Maria de Villota
wmetcalf68

Post by wmetcalf68 »

2012 Australian GP
Practice

Code: Select all

1. Caba Zuzic (go_Rubens)
2. Schumacher
3. Massa
4. Filha da Puta Caralho (Stramala)
5. Webber
6. Raikkonen
7. Hamilton
8. Mike Ockslarge (East Londoner)
9. Hulkenberg
10. Ivan R. Don (Dark77)
11. Rosberg
12. Perez (teammate)
13. Maldonado
14. di Resta
15. Rob Lomas (roblomas52) (Wait, 15th in a RED BULL?!)
16. Ricciardo
17. Sam Baromono (HawkAussie)
18. Dan Morris
19. Kovalainen
20. Lars-Willi Grabbe (Ataxia)
21. Pic
22. de la Rosa
23. Glock
24. Maricon de Playa (Phoenix)

REPORT: As the 2012 Formula 1 season kicks off, many people think that Rob Lomas can pull off another title. But will he? After a horrifying performance in practice, 15th will not make the Lomas fans happy. In other news, Caba Zuzic takes 1st in the McLaren! We expected McLaren to be quick, but not that quick!
He was an amazing 0.700 (7 tenths) up on Massa in 3rd, bit only 2 tenths ahead of Schumacher!
This was a bad day for rookie Dan Morris, as he finished in a lowly 18th. "I am absolutely horrid at this track," said Morris in an interview. Hopefully he'll do better in Qualifying and the race.

Qualifying

Code: Select all

1. Raikkonen
2.  Filha da Puta Caralho (Stramala)
3. Hamilton
4. Webber
5. Schumacher
6. Mike Ockslarge (East Londoner)
7. Perez (teammate)
8. Rosberg
9. Maldonado
10.Sam Baromono (HawkAussie)
11. Massa
12. di Resta
13. Ivan R. Don (Dark77)
14. Hulkenberg
15. Ricciardo
16. Dan Morris
17. Rob Lomas (roblomas52) (ARE Y U SERIOUS?! 17TH?!)
18. Caba Zuzic (go_Rubens) (I think he spun, as he was 1st in practice)
19. Kovalainen
20. Maricon de Playa (Phoenix) (WHAAAA?! HRT?! KARTHIKEYAN'S CAR?)
21. Pic
22. de la Rosa
23. Glock
24.Lars-Willi Grabbe (Ataxia)

REPORT: Qualifying went great for Kimi Raikkonen as he starts off the season with a bang! He'll get some good points FOR SURE in tomorrows race!
Another man who impressed us was Mike Ockslarge, as he qualified 6th after agreeing to drive for Lotus for no money! Sergio Perez took a very brilliant 7th, but his teammate was not so lucky. Rookie Dan Morris had a bad qualifying, but he was ahead of the likes of Rob Lomas (double world champion), and Caba Zuzic. He was just a tenth off of Daniel Ricciardo.

Race coming soon.
RIP Dan Wheldon #77
RIP Marco Simoncelli #58
RIP Sean Edwards
RIP Maria de Villota
wmetcalf7 4

Re: The racing career of Nick Morris (2029-????)

Post by wmetcalf7 4 »

The scene: November 2012. The 2012 Formula 1 Season is over. Sebastian Vettel is crowned World Champion for the 3rd season in a row, as Michael Schumacher calls it a day and retires from Formula One for the 2nd time in his career. After a decent season for Dan Morris, finishing only 10 points behind lead Sauber driver Sergio Perez, Dan Morris is brought back for 2013 to try and fight for a top 5 finish in the constructors championship with Sauber. After another very impressive year and Dan over performing his car amazingly and beating the highly praised Nico Hulkenberg, he is shockingly kicked out of the team to make way for pay drive Esteban Gutierrez. With no drive for 2014, an angered Morris turns to sportscars and becomes teammates with Mark Webber at Porsche. He turns out to be a fantastic sports car driver, wins multiple titles, and the rest in history.

July 21st, 2022, 1:28 AM. Nick Morris is born in Toronto, Ontario, to Jenny Morris and Dan Morris, former Sauber F1 driver and sportscar racing legend. 7 years later, Dan takes Nick to the local karting track for the first time. They put him in a kiddie rental kart, and he gets on the track. On his warmup lap, he takes it slow and steady, keeping it on the track and off the grass. Then, he starts his first ever hot lap in a kart. He is flying! But not in the way you would imagine…..
Nick breaks the rear axel on the kart after getting airborne and crashing into the barriers at Turn 7. He is fine, but Dan has to pay the bills to replace the broken axel, so he is obviously not happy. Months later, Nick asks Dan if he can go try the karts again. Dan is surprised, as Nick's first (and at that point only) karting experience ended in a terrible way. Nevertheless, they head out to Goodwood Karting Circuit. This time, there won't be any literal flying…..
Just the figurative kind! Nick goes flat out from the start and sets some blazing laps to take the Kid Kart track record. His father Dan is left shocked and astounded from Nick's speed. Nick became a karting fanatic and for Halloween that year, little Nick went out 'Trick Or Treating' as a Racecar driver. When Nick came home, he told his dad Dan he wanted to be a racer when he grows up. At that moment, Dan knew this is when he needed to keep putting Nick in the kart if he wanted his son to follow his dream. So, a week or so later, Dan Morris enters son Nick into the local Karting Championships at the famous Goodwood Karting Circuit.

Watch this space….

By the way, since we won't know who will drive for what team in the 2030/2040's in F1, I'll be using F1 2014 drivers and teams for this.

Games that will be used:
RFactor (maybe Game Stock Car aswell) for karts
RFactor for Skip Barber Racing School
RFactor for Formula BMW/Similar lower formulae series
Grid Autosport for Formula 3
RFactor for GP2/WSR series
F1 2014 for F1

There is more, but that would reveal too much for how the rest of his career will pan out….
#GetWellWickens
wmetcalf7 4

Post by wmetcalf7 4 »

THE FIRST RACE

Okay, first off, I think this season will be 8 races. We'll see, I just need to find more kart tracks to get for RFactor.

(Reports to be in a child's view, Nick is 7 years old, so don't be creeped out when Nick says "MY DADDY IS PROUD OF ME!!! :P )

Practice:
Nick:
Spun at Turn 2 coming out of pits embarrassingly. Turn 4, I spun again. "This is going to be a loooong weekend", I thought to myself! After a couple of laps I had a 35.5 lap and the other dude named Beasley was 1.2 seconds faster than me so I had to push harder. Then I spun again at turn one and I was mad. After that I was doing okay and I was on a fast lap then this kid pushed me and I spun again and I wanted to punch him :x Then I had a really good lap and I was only 7 tenths off this Daniel Sera guy!! :D On lap 8, right after that other good lap, I drove like my daddy and got first by half a tenth! I was so happy. Then I had a really crazy spin so I had to pit for new tires. I told my daddy I was in first and he told me good job and I high fived him :) He put the new tires on and I went back out. Everyone was so close together, the gap from 1st to 21st was 0.288 seconds!!
I ended up 1st place at the end and I was so proud of myself! :D

Top 10 in Practice:
N Morris
Moltke
Rochford
Idelson
McCarthy
Zeen
Manning
Cucco
Chaves
Melo

Qualified P6. Randomized grid.

Top 10 in qual:
Scott
Hansen
Ishii
Baptista
Rochford
N Morris
Loniewski
Manning
Idealson
Molt

Race will be 10 laps.

Race report:
Nick:
I started in 6th place, got an okay start, then I was bumped and I hit the barriers and spun. The kart wasn't broken so I was able to keep going, in 22nd and last. I only had 10 laps to catch up, so I needed to push! At the end of lap one I was 15th after some crazy moves and I felt good about the kart even with the damage. At the end of lap 2, I was only in 15th and I needed to go go go!
There was a train of karts right in front of me and the leader of it got a terrible run out of turn 2, so I moved up to 8th, into the points! (Top 10 get points, like F1) Coming onto the front straight to start lap 7 of 10, I made a move and took 5th from Andrew Hansen! Then into turn one I made a awesome move to take 3rd place. With 4 laps to go, it was me vs Baptista vs Rochford for the win. Into the final corner before starting lap 8, I made a move for 2nd and I knew that's when I needed to go for it. Lap 9, I had caught up a bit and the gap was 0.3 from Rochford in 1st to me in 2nd. Onto the final lap, and when I crossed the line, my info box on my steering wheel said I was 0.001 behind (This isn't a lie, I'm serious..)! One more lap. I needed to push really hard. My Birel Kart teammate Kazuya Ishii caught up to us and divebombed his way to the lead! But only for about half a second.... He spun trying to hold on. I got 2nd back and the battle was on. I tried all I could. I got into the slipstream on the back straight, but it wasn't enough! I took 2nd place, only half a second behind. The fastest lap was a 34.198, my fastest was a 34.509. Even though I didn't win, I was happy and my dad was proud of me. My first podium. My teammate Kazuya finished in 5th so he missed a podium chance after he spun which stinks. I'm so happy, I think I did a good job.

(pic credit to Andersen RacePark, just saying this for copyright reasons I guess…)

Race Top 10:
Rochford
Morris
Baptista
Loniewski
Ishii
Scott
Hansen
Manning
Chaves
Idelson

Morris 18
Baptista 15
Loniewski 12
Ishii 10
Scott 8
Hansen 6
Manning 4
Chaves 2
Idelson 1

Nick on the podium, after the race in his Birel suit (ignore the MSA Ginetta stuff in the background, it's just a pic I found on the internet :P ) Credit to karting1.co.uk.
Last edited by wmetcalf7 4 on 07 May 2015, 20:41, edited 3 times in total.
#GetWellWickens
wmetcalf7 4

Post by wmetcalf7 4 »

Also, would appreciate if this could be moved to a better sub forum? I believe this sub forum is for archived topics that haven't been touched in a while but since it's back now I would appreciate if a mod could move it. Thanks.
#GetWellWickens
wmetcalf7 4

Post by wmetcalf7 4 »

DRIVE LIKE A DEMON

Race 2 of the Goodwood Karting Championship is starting this weekend, and the skies look beautiful for this weekend of speed and young talents showing what they can do. Who can win? Everyone has their eyes on Nick Morris, the young man who is the son of former F1 driver and sportscar racing legend, Dan Morris. Nick, in his first kart race, was the quickest man on track, just missing out on a debut win by half a second. He did quite the fantastic job last time out. What can he pull off this time? Everyone will be watching him to see if he can possibly emulate his father's speed.

Practice report:
Nick Morris:
On my outlap I crashed into the wall but my kart was okay. At the end of my first hotlap, I looked at my steering wheel and the info showed I was P1! But I was the only one who had done a lap at that point since I was the first person out of the pits.... A few corners later, some times started popping up and it showed that I was FOUR seconds off P1... That was very bad so I knew I had to push. On my second lap it all went much better, but I was still a second off of first. Then coming into a hairpin on the next lap, someone braked too late and spun me around. On to lap 5, I had a mad run into turn one until I spun, then a guy in the CRG kart piled into me, so I had to pit. My dad told me I needed to push harder, because I was 15th out of the 15 people who set a lap. On my first hotlap after coming out of the pits I went 3 tenths quicker! I was 18th of 19 who set a lap now. After a few okay laps, it all changed on lap 11. I drove like a demon. Sector 1. P1! Sector 2. P1, 1 hundredth up on P2! I ended up in P4 only 0.108 off Loniewski in P1. Disappointed to not get P1, I was still proud to get a fantastic lap that was a second quicker than my previous quickest lap. Next lap, and my sector one time was a tenth up! I was ready to pounce for P1, but next thing I know I'm lodged in the barriers. I dragged myself to the pits, feeling disappointed. My dad was not happy with the damage, but was excited to see me catching back up to the top spot. He did the last turn of the wrench, and sent me out. After that I couldn't go any quicker, but I was happy to take 4th.

Practice Top 10:
Hale
Sera
Manning
Morris
Baptista
Cucco
De Melo
Rochford
Backman
Vancil

Qualified P10. Random grid.

Race report:
Nick Morris:
I had a decent start and coming out of turn one I maintained my 10th. Coming into the final corner, I made my move on my Birel teammate Ishii, but he just cut me off and I spun. I was really angry at him, I have no idea what he was doing! I got going again in 22nd and last place. It took me until the start of lap 6 to even repass someone. By the end of lap 6, I was up to 16th, but I knew it would take some real pushing to get into the points. Then Idelson decided to punt me off at the high speed chicane, and man that just set me off. I got back on track yet again, running in last. At the end, coming up to the checkered flag, I was driving like a maniac trying to just not finish last. I was one second behind with a few corners to go and I just overdrove the thing and I spun. It was really angering as I had one of the top 5 fastest laps. I ended up last. What a lost opportunity.... And to think my teammate started all of this. He got away with it and scored points that should've been mine. Just fantastic…..

Race Results:
1. Scott
2. Sera +0.161
3. De Melo +0.887
4. Rochford +4.181
5. Hale +4.585
6. Van Splunteren +5.484
7. Cucco +6.606
8. Ishii +6.977
9. Backman +7.857
10. Moltke +8.304
-------------------
22. Morris +21.865

CHAMPIONSHIP STANDINGS AFTER ROUND TWO:
Rochford 37
Scott 32
Morris 18
Baptista 15
Ishii 14
Loniewski 12
Hansen 6
Manning 4
Chaves 2
Idelson 1

Also, any suggestions to improve this? Would like some feedback. Trying to make this a daily thing (like Aerond's Chris Dagnall career), but some things may get in the way so just be aware of that :)

A picture that just describes how Morris was feeling in those last few laps:
Last edited by wmetcalf7 4 on 07 May 2015, 20:44, edited 2 times in total.
#GetWellWickens
wmetcalf7 4

Post by wmetcalf7 4 »

THAT'S WHAT I CALL REAL RACING

Practice report:
Nick Morris: My first lap went smoothly, I didn't spin and got a below average lap, just trying to get used to the track. Onto lap 2, I took turn one too fast and hit the wall, but I kept going. On my 3rd lap, I was 7 tenths off P1 in sector one, but while trying to get a good sector two time I just got in the grass and I lost quite a bit of time. The next lap, I was only 1 tenth off my best Sector one, then I did the exact same thing, I pushed too hard and went off track!! I even spun this time. 2 laps later, I drove hard and was only 1 tenth off of P1 in sector one. Then, the corner that I took just under full speed, I tried taking it flat out. It DID NOT end well. I crashed hard into the trees. I was really lucky, because I wasn't hurt at all, just extremely shaken. They took me back to the pits and I sat there, thinking about how stupid that was. There was only 11 minutes left in Practice by this point, so my practice was over. I ended up last.

Practice Top 10:
1. Backman
2. Chaves
3. Hansen
4. De Melo
5. Scott
6. Moltke
7. Rochford
8. Zeen
9. Lehane
10. McCarthy
------------------
11. Ishii (teammate)
------------------
22. Morris

Qualified 9th. Random grid.

Race report:
Nick Morris: Start was okay, I held P9 coming out of turn 1. Then, coming into turn 2, a double apex, I made a crazy move and took P6. At the next corner I made a move for P5, but two corners later someone punted me into the grass and I dropped to P7. At the next corner I took a brave move, which rewarded me with P6. When I came across the front straight, my dad was signaling to me to push hard. On lap 3, I took the corner I crashed into the trees flat out. I somehow made it trough just fine! On lap 5, the 2 guys in front of me made a mistake coming out of the double apex, and I was able to pull through and pass them for P4! On lap 6, I set my fastest lap by almost a second! At the double apex at the start of lap 7, I made my move. It stuck and I was in P3!! At turn one on lap 9, the guy behind me punted me wide and I had to save the kart. I somehow held on but sadly lost
P3!! At the next corner I made an aggressive move to get P3 back, but Beasley (the guy I was battling) got the better run and he took me back! At the next corner I had the inside and used that to take P3 once again! 2 laps to go, this was really intense. With all this happening, me and Beasley caught up to the leaders quite a bit! We were only 2 seconds off. Beasley got the better run off turn 1 on the final lap and took P3 right back! It was not over though, I took it right back into the double apex. I made a huge effort to take the win, but fell about 7 tenths short. I'm still really happy with P3 though! It was such a fantastic race and I went over to Beasley and just fist bumped him. That was real racing. I need to thank Beasley, that was the most fun I've ever had! Onto the next race!

Race results:
1. Chaves
2. Zeen +0.271
3. Morris +1.265
4. Beasley +2.875
5. Sera +3.031
6. Hansen +3.168
7. Lehane +5.392
8. Manning +5.599
9. Moltke +5.927
10. Scott +6.545

CHAMPIONSHIP STANDINGS AFTER ROUND 3/8
Rochford 37
Scott 33
Morris 33
Chaves 27
Zeen 18
Baptista 15
Ishii (teammate) 14
Hansen 14
Beasley 12
Loniewski 12
Sera 10
Manning 8
Lehane 6
Moltke 2
Idelson 1

The Nick Morris photoshoot (something random I made in a game builder for a website)
More photos soon :P
#GetWellWickens
wmetcalf7 4

Post by wmetcalf7 4 »

DRIVE LIKE YOUR DAD, NICK

Practice Report:
Nick Morris: On my first hotlap, I went wide at turn 2 into the grass. The kart got no damage and I continued. Later in the lap, I spun and got very slight damage after the #24 collected me at a low speed. Then on the next lap, I was a tenth off P1 in sector one, but I spun at the same corner as I did on lap 1! Then coming to the final corner there was a huge crash in front of me. There was a flip and someone who spun, and I had no time to react and clipped the spun kart. I got airborne and did a wheelie! Luckily, it didn't give me much damage. Then after that I had an epic battle with a Zanardi kart driver, and dare I say it, it was better than the battle with Sam Beasley at the last race. It was all going well until lap 4, where local yellows were being waved because there was another flip. After I had gotten the Zanardi kart, he came back and went up the inside. But at the next corner, I did the same, but it ended horrifically. The Zanardi driver cut me off, and I had to go on the grass, then I got onto his kart, and my kart went over his and my kart hit his head, and he had a horrifying flip after that. The session was red flagged after that. I immediately jumped out of the kart and ran to the Zanardi driver, who turned out to be Dan McCarthy. With some help from the marshalls, we flipped his kart back over, and he was knocked out, but he wasn't seriously injured. I really felt bad, even if they said it was not my fault, and if anything it was his. I just really felt horrible. After 20 minutes, we restarted the session. I tried going out, but I was sick to my stomach. I'm only a kid, so experiencing that is just depressing really. On my outlap, the kid behind me messed up and got airborne, then barrel rolled a bunch of times. Not the best thing to see after I just experienced the incident with McCarthy... Then, at the final corner, I saw a kart, flipped. Just fantastic. Fate is just trying to get me. Then, on what was my best lap so far, the inevitable happened: I flipped. On the final corner too. But I was so lucky! I did a flip mid air and landed it. I didn't hit my head, nothing hurt. What also stinks is, on the previous corner, the guy behind me flipped aswell... Although, he was... Less lucky. Then on my 7th lap, I was only a tenth off of P1 in sector one but I spun a few corners later! I needed to stop pushing too hard. On the next lap, my first sector was the exact same time as P1's first sector! After that I made a few mistakes including a spin in the final sector. On my next lap, I took the fastest first sector by 1 and a half tenths! My 2nd sector was a few tenths slower, but in sector 3 I held it together and TOOK P1 BY 0.026 SECONDS! That one felt great. That one was for Dan McCarthy. Hope he gets better!

Practice Top 10:
Morris
Rochford
Hale
Chaves
Idelson
Lehane
Ishii (teammate)
De Melo
Beasley
Baptista

Qualified P16. Random grid.

Race report:
Nick Morris: After the random draw, I ended up P16 for the start. This was going to be a tough race. I had a sensational start and coming out of turn 2, I was already P10, in the points. Coming into turn 3 I had a great run and I moved up to 6th! At the 3rd last corner, a kart flipped and I picked up P5. Coming into the straight, the leader messed up but tried to keep the lead, so he slowed down the 3 people behind him and I was able to pass all 4 of them to take the lead at the end of lap 1! I was leading for the first time in my karting career! But then in sector 2, Rochford had a better run off a hairpin and took the lead! I had the taste of defeat in my mouth. Not very delicious... Then, onto the front straight, Rochford messed up and I retook the lead to lead 2 out of 2 laps so far! Then on the next lap, he passed me again, at the same corner as the last lap!! This time, I wasn't going to let him get away. I took a move and retook the lead, but Rochford had a clever plan. He let me past, knew I would go wide, and he just cut inside and took the lead back. A battle was on our hands. After that, at the 3rd last corner, the driver in 3rd place flipped! And then at the 2nd last corner, Rochford made a mistake and I went up the inside! He cut me off, and then trying to keep the lead he messed up yet again and I led lap 3! After that I was pretty much in control, until Lap 5 at turn 2. I messed up and went off track! Rochford was closing in, he was only a second behind! I was controlling the race. Surely it would be mine! But with 3 laps to go, I relaxed a little too much, and I spun! NO!!! I lost the lead... But at the 2nd last corner, Rochford made a huge mistake..... AND HE FLIPPED!! I retook the lead, not believing my luck. Manning now took 2nd and he was only 1.5 seconds behind! I needed to just keep everyone behind, as I started my 9th lap out of 10! When I started my final lap, I felt fantastic. But of course, my tire hugs a kerb at a hairpin, and I SPIN! I was really lucky I had a huge gap to P2, because if I didn't, I would have most likely lost. After that act of stupidity, I cruised home and took my first ever win in karts!!!!!

Race Results:
1. Morris (First win in racing)
2. Manning +1.882
3. Rochford +4.363
4. Hale +8.495
5. Splunteren +9.486
6. Zeen +14.584
7. Lehane +14.927
8. Scott +18.490
9. Beasley +18.728
10. De Melo +21.294
-----------
19. Ishii (teammate) +34.609

Dan Morris: NICK! NICK! YES! YOU DID IT SON! YOU WON! GREAT JOB!

Nick Morris: That. Was. AWESOME! I'm SO HAPPY! Thanks dad!

Dan Morris: Now, let's go win this championship! How about that, Nick?

Nick Morris: WOOOOO!

POINTS AFTER ROUND 4/8
1. Morris 58
2. Rochford 52
3. Scott 37
4. Chaves 27
5. Zeen 26
6. Manning 26
7.Baptista 15
8. Ishii (teammate) 14
9. Hansen 14
10. Beasley 14
11. Loniewski 12
12. Lehane 12
13. Hale 12
14. Sera 10
15. Splunteren 10
16. Moltke 2
17. Idelson 1
18. De Melo 1

Nick has his very own Twitter account now! Ask him any questions you'd like! (BTW, not an actual account, just put your questions here and I'll answer them in tweet form)
#GetWellWickens
wmetcalf7 4

Post by wmetcalf7 4 »

OUT OF NOWHERE

Practice report:
Nick Morris: The start of practice went as expected, with me just getting used to the track. On lap 2, I had an awesome battle with a Birel kart and a CRG kart. After passing the CRG kart, I went a little wide, hit a kerb, and did a full on wheelie, landing it just fine! Then after that, someone spun me into the barriers. The kart was fine. On lap 5, at the final corner, I took the corner a bit too aggressively, went over the kerb, and flipped!! Amazingly, my head didn't touch the ground. I've been lucky for both of my flips. After that I improved my best lap by 1.2 seconds, but I ended up last at the end. I wasn't as quick as the others here, I don't know why.

Practice Top 10:
McCarthy (the race after he got knocked out!)
Zeen
Ishii (teammate)
Vancil
Scott
Sera
Splunteren
Hansen
Lehane
Loniewski

Started P13. Random grid.

Race report:
Nick Morris: I somehow get an unbelievable start, get no wheelspin, and I get a perfect run. What's better, someone at the front messed up but blocked the people behind, so I was able to pass a bunch of people, and somehow take P3!!! At the next people they all ganged up on me and I dropped to P6. After that, a purple kart behind me flipped and came into my path, so I lost a few spots, but I soon got P6 back. After that, on lap 3, I get P5, then McCarthy makes a huge mistake and I just drive right by him for P4! Then at the end of lap 4, Ishii my teammate passes me, but I cut back in, get a better run, and I take it right back! Then after some bold passes, I find myself IN THE LEAD!! After that I lead for most of the race, until lap 9/10 where my teammate Ishii overtook me! I tried re taking him, but as the white flag flew I had to settle for P2 as we started the final lap. The pressure was getting to me, and my heart was pounding. I looked at a brave move at the nearly full speed turn 1, but I was too far back. I pushed and pushed, trying to look for the opportunity. I got the better run into turn 2, and took the lead! Kazuya (Ishii) cut back inside and we were neck and neck. I made the move for the lead stick at turn 3! Ishii had the better run off the corner, and at the straight after the next corner, he was right on my tail. He actually took the lead for a split second, but I got him right back into the hairpin. Coming into the final corners he was looking, still trying to make a move, but I managed to hold him off in an amazingly close finish for my 2nd win in karting by only 0.106 seconds!!! And we got a Birel 1-2! What an awesome day!

Results:
1. Morris
2. Ishii (teammate) +0.106
3. Scott +0.857
4. Rochford +51.393
5. De Melo +51.470
6. Lehane +51.502
7. Moltke +51.513
8. Vancil +51.634
9. Hale +51.799
10. Zeen +51.862

4th through 10th covered by 0.462..... Wow!

So, no Twitter questions so far sadly. Anyone want to be the first contribution? ;)

Also, sorry for not posting any races on the weekend, really didn't have much time. Although I did two races on Friday so that made up for Saturday. I'll make up Sunday by doing 2 races in one day soon, I promise :)

CHAMPIONSHIP STANDINGS AFTER ROUND 5/8
1. Morris 83
2. Rochford 64
3. Scott 52
4. Ishii (teammate) 32
5. Chaves 27
6. Zeen 27
7. Manning 26
8. Lehane 20
9. Baptista 15
10. Hansen 14
11. Beasley 14
12. Hale 14
13. Loniewski 12
14. De Melo 11
15. Sera 10
16. Splunteren 10
17. Moltke 8
18. Vancil 4
19. Idelson 1
#GetWellWickens
wmetcalf7 4

Post by wmetcalf7 4 »

EASY AS PIE

Practice report:
Nick Morris: I did my usual routine but I just couldn't get used to the track. I didn't really like it, the kerbs were too high and there was no corner variety. My first lap was slow, but on the second lap I went a second faster. Not as good as you think though, as I was still 3 seconds off P1. After that I changed my approach to a lot of the corners and that got me about half a second, but I was still quite a ways off. On my best lap, I spun (caused by some convenient lag by the way....) which really got me mad. (This is the point my rFactor crashed, so I changed tracks....) Suddenly, I gained a bunch of speed and took an easy P1! After that I managed to go 8 tenths faster! That was the limit. I ended up P1!

Practice Top 10:
Morris
Backman
Rochford
Zeen
Ishii (teammate)
Moltke
Manning
Scott
Sera
Hale

Qualied P14. Random grid.

Race report:
Nick Morris: I got a slightly below average start, dropping to P15, but I got it back at turn 1. At turn 2 the leaders had a terrible run off the corner and I was able to move all the way up for P2, behind my teammate! I caught and passed him, and I just pulled away until lap 3. I spun! I lost the lead to Hansen. On lap 4 I passed Hansen but then Vancil took the lead! After that I made a move, it stuck, and I easily ran away to take my 3rd win in a row!

Race Results:
1. Morris
2. Backman +20.099
3. Zeen +21.738
4. Ishii (teammate) +22.869
5. Beasley +25.548
6. Splunteren +26.398
7. Lehane +27.708
8. Scott +29.137
9. Sera +29.741
10. Rochford +31.822

Sorry for the very quick reports, there just wasn't much action to be honest. Probably my easiest win of the year really :P

CHAMPIONSHIP STANDINGS AFTER ROUND 6/8
1. Morris 108
2. Rochford 65
3. Scott 56
4. Ishii (teammate) 44
5. Zeen 42
6. Chaves 27
7. Manning 26
8. Lehane 26
9. Beasley 24
10. Splunteren 18
11. Backman 18
12. Baptista 15
13. Hansen 14
14. Hale 14
15. Loniewski 12
16. Sera 12
17. De Melo 11
18. Moltke 8
19. Vancil 4
20. Idelson 1
#GetWellWickens
HawkAussie

Post by HawkAussie »

This my question

With such a big lead, are you going all out or being conservative in the final two races?
Officially Retired
wmetcalf7 4

Post by wmetcalf7 4 »

HawkAussie wrote:This my question

With such a big lead, are you going all out or being conservative in the final two races?

#GetWellWickens
wmetcalf7 4

Post by wmetcalf7 4 »

FEELS LIKE MONACO

Practice report:
Nick Morris: I went out and did a few laps, the kart felt okay. I kept going quicker and quicker, but the best I could manage was a second behind the person ahead of me.... I ran a bunch of laps, tried everything, but I knew it wasn't going to get any better so I hopped out of the kart. Hopefully, the race will be much better.

Practice Results:
Loniewski
Vancil
Backman
Cucco
Splunteren
Moltke
Beasley
Lehane
Hale
Zeen
-----------
22. Morris

Qualified 8th. Random grid.

Race report:
Nick Morris: This race was double the usual laps, so it was going to be a tough one. I got a rocket start, and was up to 5th coming into turn 2. Then, in the final corners, I was punted off and dropped to 21st out of 22 drivers! After that I put the pedal to the metal and carved through the field. This was the tightest track on the calendar, so clinching the title today was going to be quite the task. I pushed my way past a bunch of drivers, and as we started lap 12/20, I made the move for 10th and the final points spot!!! The laps were winding down, but I was moving up. Then, with 7 laps to go, suddenly the kart ahead punted me into the inner wall, and that caused a huge pileup! I was so mad..... until the red flags were waved! This was perfect! I would be 8th for the restart, with the whole field bunched in, perfect for passing a bunch of cars! The flag man waved the green flags and we were off! I made some lightning moves to be 4th at the end of the first green flag lap after the red flag! There was 6 laps to go, and only 3 people separating me and the title. With 5 to go, I was P3, locked in a battle for a win with McCarthy and Scott. I made a great move on the outside and took P2! For the next few laps, I just couldn't find a way past! Until, the white flag waved..... I had an awesome run coming out of turn 1, and I made the move of the race and possibly my career: I braked extremely late on the outside of the hairpin, and went side by side with McCarthy until I got him off the corner!! I cruised it home to take the win and THE TITLE, ONE RACE EARLY!!!! What a day. I've never raced in karts before this, and suddenly people are watching me easily winning a title sponsored by one of the most famous Canadian karting tracks, Goodwood! I'm so happy, and I need to thank my dad for giving me the opportunity and making my kart awesome!!!!

Race Results:
1. Morris
2. McCarthy +0.473
3. Scott +0.777
4. Cucco +1.834
5. Vancil +3.704
6. Hale +4.843
7. Hansen +27.966
8. De Melo +28.017
9. Ishii (teammate) +28.017
10. Beasley +28.032

CHAMPIONSHIP STANDINGS AFTER ROUND 7/8
1. Morris 133 (CHAMPION!!!!)
2. Scott 71
3. Rochford 65
4. Ishii (teammate) 46
5. Zeen 42
6. Chaves 27
7. Manning 26
8. Lehane 26
9. Beasley 25
10. Hale 22
11. Hansen 20
12. Splunteren 18
13. Backman 18
14. McCarthy 18
15. Baptista 15
16. De Melo 15
17. Vancil 14
18. Loniewski 12
19. Sera 12
20. Cucco 12
21. Moltke 8
22. Idelson 1

Everyone has scored points this season, and everyone except for one person has scored more than 5! Talk about a shakeup year :P
#GetWellWickens
wmetcalf7 4

Post by wmetcalf7 4 »

END IT WITH A BANG

Practice report:
Nick Morris: As soon as I went out I felt comfortable with this track. It was a very fast, flowing track and I loved it. This gave me some real confidence as I started my first hotlap. I set some fast laps, but then trying to go quicker I had the worst crash of my career: I ran into a kerb hard and barrel rolled hard into the barriers. I was really sore, but I limped the kart back to the pits with a bent axel. I got out of the kart and waited and waited, until my dad got it all fixed up. I went back out there, pushed as hard as I could, and after 8 laps I managed to be 4 tenths off P1! After that I just felt I reached the limit until on lap 15 I pulled together a sensational sector 3 and that moved me to 2 tenths off of P1! On the next lap, after sector 2 I was a tenth quicker but trying so hard on the final corner, I spun!!!! I did the same thing a few laps later..... I knew I could go at least a tenth quicker, but at the end I settled for 13th in an extremely tight packed field.

Practice Results:
Backman
Hansen
Scott
Moltke
Loniewski
Sera
Legate
Manning
Zeen
Splunteren
------------
13. Morris
------------
17. Ishii (teammate)

Race report:
Nick Morris: I had a good start an moved up to P2 by the time we came to turn 1. I lost P2 to Baptista coming out of turn 2 but I got it back coming into turn 3. After that I was all over the back of Vancil and at the end of lap one the gap was 0.048. I made a move into turn one and incredibly it stuck! But at turn 3, Vancil took the lead back, but I had a great run on him out of the corner and took the lead yet again! Once the threat from Vancil ended I took an inspired drive and brought home a dominating win to end the season on a high! I did some celebration donuts and high fived my dad. I had a lot of fun today and it was a great race. I'm excited to see what will happen next season.

Race Results:
1. Morris
2. Vancil +9.693
3. Cucco +9.977
4. Moltke +10.491 (WURZ!!!)
5. Baptista +10.772
6. Manning +11.136
7. Hale +13.346
8. Scott +13.574
9. McCarthy +13.727
10. Chaves +14.050
-------------------
19. Ishii (teammate) +15.730

CHAMPIONSHIP STANDINGS AFTER ROUND 8/8, SEASON OVER
1. Morris 158 (CHAMPION!!!!)
2. Scott 75
3. Rochford 65
4. Ishii (teammate) 46
5. Zeen 42
6. Manning 34
7. Vancil 32
8. Chaves 28
9. Hale 28
10. Cucco 27
11. Lehane 26
12. Beasley 25
13. Baptista 25
14. Hansen 20
15. McCarthy 20
16. Moltke 20
17. Splunteren 18
18. Backman 18
19. De Melo 15
20. Loniewski 12
21. Sera 12
22. Idelson 1
#GetWellWickens
wmetcalf7 4

Post by wmetcalf7 4 »

WILL MORRIS STAY PUT?

January 7th, 2030, Canada Karting News

Nick Morris has come onto the karting scene with a bang. The 7 year old sensation won 5/8 races in his first season of karting and easily won the title ahead of veterans (in terms of their age… you can't really be a veteran when you're 7-11 years old :P ) such as Sam Beasley and Kazuya Ishii, Morris' Birel teammate. Everyone was left stunned after this remarkable display, except for one person: Nick's father, Sportscar legend Dan Morris. "I remember when I took him out to the track for the first time. He had a huge accident on his first hot lap….. But he asked me to take him again quite surprisingly, and he drove fantastic. I haven't doubted him at all since." Now Morris has the team bosses looking straight at him. A close source tells us Morris is thinking about either signing for Zanardi, CRG, Tony Kart, or staying put at Birel. "Nick has the choice to go to any team. CRG look very fast and are a completely professional team. Alex Zanardi is one of Nick's racing heroes and moving to his team would be a dream. Tony Kart are also very professional and a famous karting company so this would definitely be a well thought and logical choice. However, Birel have been a fantastic team for him this season, and he does think he's been a good fit in the team this year. So he's narrowed down his main choices to that, and we'll see what he will do." This is Rick Mott of Canada Karting News, and that concludes this article. CRG, Tony Kart, Birel, or Zanardi? Where will Morris go? Find out in the next editions of CKN.

Also, guys, I have to ask something: Do you want me to do this in real time, doing EVERY season, not skipping a year, the whole road to F1? Or should I skip some parts and get to the good bits quicker? Would just like to know. Let's see how much seasons I would do without any skips…. Maybe 27-35 (aka the end of the career)? :shock: Quite a lot. I'd be willing to do it though, for your entertainment :)

50th post on this account! :dance: :geek:
#GetWellWickens
wmetcalf7 4

Post by wmetcalf7 4 »

This is not dead, I've just been busy running a racing series on a game and also a big school project. Expect something this week. Maybe today. We'll see. BTW, I really need some feedback on the road to F1 in my previous post. Do all seasons, or skip years?
#GetWellWickens
wmetcalf7 4

Post by wmetcalf7 4 »

Aaaaand no ones replied..... So I'm just going to do every season for the 3 or so people who read this... :roll:
#GetWellWickens
Bobby Doorknobs

Post by Bobby Doorknobs »

Just posting to show that your audience isn't imaginary. Hell, I sometimes get that feeling when I post in the "This Day in Reject History" thread! You're doing a nice job so far, very rich in detail. Whether you post every season or just the juicy bits is really up to you in the end, I don't mind either way personally, whatever suits you :)
#FreeGonzo
wmetcalf7 4

Post by wmetcalf7 4 »

Simtek wrote:Just posting to show that your audience isn't imaginary. Hell, I sometimes get that feeling when I post in the "This Day in Reject History" thread! You're doing a nice job so far, very rich in detail. Whether you post every season or just the juicy bits is really up to you in the end, I don't mind either way personally, whatever suits you :)

Thanks very much :D Nice to see this. To be honest, I wasn't exaggerating when I said 3 people. I honestly thought like 3 people were reading this..... So this makes me encouraged to do another season. Also thanks for the opinion on how much seasons I should do!
#GetWellWickens