PMMF Planning Thread

The place for spinning interesting fictitious tales, including your virtual racing exploits
pi314159

Re: PMMF Planning Thread

Post by pi314159 »

Simtek wrote:
pi314159 wrote:I would be interested in running a pre-war championship. At the moment I'm planning to start in 1923, since that was the first year with enough major racing events to justify having a championship. Unlike ACO LMC, I have everything ready to run it, I'd just like some ideas for gameplay, because at the moment, it would be very similar to tommykl's 1950s championship.

As for drivers, both real and fictional drivers would be allowed, same for teams, but it would be encouraged to run real-life constructors.

Well, you've got me interested. Would this be a European championship or a World championship? If it's a World championship I'm guessing Indy would be the only real option for a race outside Europe for several years, so perhaps that question is a little redundant...

It would be a European championship, since, as you mentioned, Indy was the only significant race outside Europe, and never shared regulations with the European races as far as I know.
pasta_maldonado wrote:The stewards have recommended that Alan Jones learns to drive.
UncreativeUsername37

Post by UncreativeUsername37 »

I'd be interested in a pre-war series. And just run a European series then add Indy to the points table so you can pretend it's a world championship, like real life :P
Rob Dylan wrote:Mercedes paying homage to the other W12 chassis by breaking down 30 minutes in
Bobby Doorknobs

Post by Bobby Doorknobs »

pi314159 wrote:
Simtek wrote:
pi314159 wrote:I would be interested in running a pre-war championship. At the moment I'm planning to start in 1923, since that was the first year with enough major racing events to justify having a championship. Unlike ACO LMC, I have everything ready to run it, I'd just like some ideas for gameplay, because at the moment, it would be very similar to tommykl's 1950s championship.

As for drivers, both real and fictional drivers would be allowed, same for teams, but it would be encouraged to run real-life constructors.

Well, you've got me interested. Would this be a European championship or a World championship? If it's a World championship I'm guessing Indy would be the only real option for a race outside Europe for several years, so perhaps that question is a little redundant...

It would be a European championship, since, as you mentioned, Indy was the only significant race outside Europe, and never shared regulations with the European races as far as I know.

Actually, at this time the Indy 500 was run under the same technical regulations as the European Grand Prix events. This was what allowed the AIACR to run the World Manufacturer's Championship in the mid-20s. I think it was only at the end of the 1920s/start of the 1930s when American and European motor racing started to drift apart. Indy could possibly remain an option for a "World" championship, but make it an expensive one to compete in for European teams, so only the big manufacturers would likely take the financial risk of travelling to the States.
#FreeGonzo
Nuppiz
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Nuppiz »

pi314159 wrote:It would be a European championship, since, as you mentioned, Indy was the only significant race outside Europe, and never shared regulations with the European races as far as I know.

Well, it probably wouldn't be impossible to consider a street race somewhere in Northern Africa. I know that Carthage in Tunisia hosted a race for the first time in 1931, for example.
Eurosport broadcast for the 1990 Mexican GP prequalifying:
"The Life, it looked very lifeless yet again... in fact Bruno did one, slow lap"
pi314159

Post by pi314159 »

Nuppiz wrote:
pi314159 wrote:It would be a European championship, since, as you mentioned, Indy was the only significant race outside Europe, and never shared regulations with the European races as far as I know.

Well, it probably wouldn't be impossible to consider a street race somewhere in Northern Africa. I know that Carthage in Tunisia hosted a race for the first time in 1931, for example.

The obvious choice for an African grand prix would be Tripoli, which started holding races in 1925. So with Indy sharing the Grand Prix rules, as pointed out by Simtek, and a race at Tripoli, a real "world championship" would be possible. However, I'm unsure about including Indy because it would be too expensive for most European teams, while I doubt that many users would be interested in running an American team, which would be pretty much restricted to running at Indy.
pasta_maldonado wrote:The stewards have recommended that Alan Jones learns to drive.
tommykl

Post by tommykl »

pi314159 wrote:
Nuppiz wrote:

The obvious choice for an African grand prix would be Tripoli, which started holding races in 1925. So with Indy sharing the Grand Prix rules, as pointed out by Simtek, and a race at Tripoli, a real "world championship" would be possible. However, I'm unsure about including Indy because it would be too expensive for most European teams, while I doubt that many users would be interested in running an American team, which would be pretty much restricted to running at Indy.

That would depend on whether you're doing a drivers' championship or a pure constructors' championship. If it's the latter, it's perfectly fine to send cars to Indy and find separate drivers. After all, Indianapolis was included in the brief World Manufacturers' Championship in the 1920s...
kevinbotz wrote:Cantonese is a completely nonsensical f*cking alien language masquerading as some grossly bastardised form of Chinese

Gonzo wrote:Wasn't there some sort of communisim in the East part of Germany?
Peteroli34

Post by Peteroli34 »

So taking part in Shadaza navigation challenge has given me an idea for another one.However in this one there is no fixed start or end point.

Starting at any international airport of your choice you have to visit the capital building in the 48 mainland USA in the quickest time and shortest distance . You can do them in any order you like before finishing at another airport.
Nessafox
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Nessafox »

Google navigation challenge 3: proposal: North Cape (Norway) to Cape Agulhas (South Africa)

Considering Samster and Peterolis interest in also doing a challenge, i suggest we jointly run this one.
Samsters idea was probably overambitious and Peterolis idea didn't get any response.
Altough Shadazas original concepts are great, it looks like he doesn't have the time to properly do it. I have time in spare currently.

The concept: go from the northernmost point in Europe accesible by car to the southernmost point in Africa, accesible by car. Same concept as the other challenges. But to spice things up it's not just the fastest team that will win, it's the most balanced team that will win. The current Transamericana challenge is very straightforward, but this one will give some extra tactical worries. Some categories require a total opposite approach, so teams who are totally bad at one category can fully focus on another category, and teams who are average at everything can still get a good score. It's harder to win, but also harder to lose.

There will be 6 categories to score points. Additionally mentioned is how important those are for winning the overall race and what will be used as tie-breaker in case of ex aecquos.
-First to the finish line (30%) (tie-breaker: smallest total travel time)
-Most countries visited (30%) (tie-breaker: most unique country visits)
-Smallest distance to the finish (eco challenge) (10%) (tie-breaker, best finish overall)
-Championship: (biggest distance per day) (10%) (tie-breaker, most 1st places, 2nd places, etc.)
-Championship: (most time travelled per day (closest to the limit) (10%) (tie-breaker, most 1st places, 2nd places, etc.)
-Greatest story (10%) (tie-breaker, having to literally break the most ties)
Points will be awared to these 6 sub-championships accordingly to their percentage, the team with the most points will be the overall winner.

Bonus points:
-Challenge: Challenge a specific team on a specific leg for a specific area. Both teams can decide on how much points they are betting for, the winner will win this amount of points, the loser will lose that amount of points. Want to see Biscione lose 100 points? Challenge him for a bet! (refusing a challenge will cost you 1 point)
-Cup: teams will be drawn at random to face each other at a randomly drawn area in a knockout format. 1 point for progressing to the next round.
-Trivia: randomly throwing in some trivia can make the trip more interesting. Max 1 point per leg can be gained by adding a small trivia section.

Some improvements and rules.
1 This is a Google Maps navigation challenge, and anything that can't be verified by using Google maps will not be allowed, as to keep the rules clear for all participants. Hotels, motels, inns, b&b's but also campings will be allowed, but only if they are on Google maps. I do not mean to punish the people that try to find hotels that are not on the map, but doing this requires lot of time, and the challenge has to be enjoyable for people who have less time.
2 Ferries are allowed if Google maps allow them, if they aren't, they are not allowed, simple as that. Taking a Ferry from Gibraltar to Morroco is perfectly fine.
If a hotel is not reachable by car, it is allowed to travel by foot. Travelling by train is only allowed to travel from the UK to France, planes are never allowed. Neither are bikes, bycicles, horses, camels, ufos, time travelling, teleportation or magic.
3 Penalties
-Missing the deadline: + 1 day
-Missing deadline 5 times, or 3 times in a row: DSQ
-Uncomplete information, not corrected before deadline: i will decide your route for that day instead.
-Incorrect information, not corrected before deadline: i will decide your route for that day instead.
-Going over the time limit by 0-5 minutes: +2h
-Going over the time limit by 5-10 minutes: +4h
-Goinn over the time limit by 10+ minutes: + one day.
-Going over the time limite 5 times or 3 times in a row: DSQ
-Ignoring penalty or correction: +1day
-Ignoring penalty or correction twice: DSQ
4 Finishing limit: to make sure people don't just travel the whole world trying to collect as many countries as possible, you must finish within 7 days of the first finisher. Not making it on time will result in a DNF. This rule is the same as in the original challenge.
5 Deciding on the best story will be done democratically. After the race is finished, everyone will make a top 5.
6 The race host will start the race with a 2h penalty.
7 For the day classification, the current F1 points system will be used.
8 For the end results, the current F1 points system will be used, multiplied by their percentage. Points scored for the day classification will not count for the overall results..
9 Regarding non-recogniced nations: Kosovo, Palestina, Western Sahara and Republic of China (Taiwan) will be accepted as a full country, all others will not be accepted.
10 Permission to go over the time limit: Permission can be granted by the race host, on 3 conditions: First, the race host has to be informed before the start of the leg, and has to give his permission first. If the request has not been done before the start of the leg, it will not be granted. Secondly, for permission to be granted, one has to prove there are no hotels within the range of 10 hours from your starting point. Thirdly, the next day, you are not allowed to travel at all.
11 Teams that enter after the official start will be subject to the same rules as teams missing their deadlines.
12 If you are not able to make the deadline, but inform me beforehand, you will not get a penalty. However, you must post your leg/legs that you will not be able to do in advance on the forum. This way, you will have no tactical advantage, so it will be discouraged to abuse this rule.
13 The deadline will probably be 00:00 GMT+1, as the majority of the route will be in GMT+1. Regardless of the time i post my day review, these deadlines and starting times will always be the same. So you can post your leg before the day review is up.
I will post a day review + map between 00:00 and 02:00 unless if i stated otherwise in the previous day review. If i miss my own deadline, every minute that i'm late will be added as a penalty time. (this doesnt count for posting my own legs, as the rules for that are the same for me)
14 Doing the opposite (starting in S.Africa and Finishing in Norway) is allowed on one condition: you have to post your last leg first, and your first leg last.
15 Disqualified teams will automatically respawn at North Cape and start with a clean sheet concerning distance. However, the clock will not restart. If you by miracle reach the finish in time despite your DSQ, you can still win in some minor categories, so not all hope is lost. However, you can only respawn once.
Last edited at 5:00 GMT+1 (updated with bonus points)
I don't know what i want and i want it now!
Klon
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Klon »

Given as pasta's Alt-F1 game is processing at speeds that even a snail would mock and the need for canon results from the 90s, I am considering taking control of Alt-F1 from 1987 on. That way, pasta could still run his game until the end of 1984 if he wants to and we would get the results we need.

The game would basically be a more ruthless version of my "Current Era" game with a strong narrative influence.

These would be the line-ups for the opening season: http://pastebin.com/HYdnTUux

Since I would use Grand Prix 2 to run the game (as usual), the number of teams is regrettably not negotiable.

Comments appreciated.
DemocalypseNow

Post by DemocalypseNow »

Klon wrote:Given as pasta's Alt-F1 game is processing at speeds that even a snail would mock and the need for canon results from the 90s, I am considering taking control of Alt-F1 from 1987 on. That way, pasta could still run his game until the end of 1984 if he wants to and we would get the results we need.

The game would basically be a more ruthless version of my "Current Era" game with a strong narrative influence.

These would be the line-ups for the opening season: http://pastebin.com/HYdnTUux

Since I would use Grand Prix 2 to run the game (as usual), the number of teams is regrettably not negotiable.

Comments appreciated.

What worries me is the start difference between Alt F1 80s current lineup and this one. This is almost the real-life lineups with only a tiny handful of changes, compared to the current 1981 lineups that have a fair bit of variation from reality.

I think the important thing here is to let an alternative but still somewhat realistic storyline develop, that at least reading on the face of it would appear to be radically different. That, and make sure the historically important teams are managed by people who've proven they're not incompetent. I understand the need to try and generate a certain set of results to align with other things further down the line, but at the same time the evolution of the storyline needs to be organic and surprising. There's no point running the series if, for example, it's pre-determined that one driver is going to have such a massive dose of ROIDS it's basically impossible for anyone else to touch them. Yes, for example, JEV will probably have a very good perf file, but that was merely luck of the RNG gods all the way back in 1980.

For example, you have Alain Prost at McLaren as #1, therefore assuming he would be champ in 1986. What if he isn't? In this alternate universe thus far, he hasn't done much to suggest he'd end up driving for the best team and be a world champion. That's a bit of personal agenda coming into play. The starting point needs to be agreeable for many people, and reflect what the results of our alternate canon have already thrown up, expected or unexpected.
Novitopoli wrote:Everytime someone orders at Pizza Hut, an Italian dies.
Novitopoli wrote:Juve's Triplete: Calciopoli, doping & Mafia connections.

Image Image
Salamander

Post by Salamander »

I agree with Biscione.
Sebastian Vettel wrote:If I was good at losing I wouldn't be in Formula 1.
Everything's great.
I'm not surprised about anything.
Klon
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Klon »

Biscione wrote:What worries me is the start difference between Alt F1 80s current lineup and this one. This is almost the real-life lineups with only a tiny handful of changes, compared to the current 1981 lineups that have a fair bit of variation from reality.

True. I have made a mistake in assuming 1987 needed fixed driver line-ups the way the current era of Alt-F1 needed. That is of course a false premise, since unlike 2010, we're working with a much cleaner sheet here. I think just determining the teams and their engine deals for the first season suffices.

Biscione wrote:That, and make sure the historically important teams are managed by people who've proven they're not incompetent.

That is something I fear is impossible since you can't force people to manage teams. For example, the guy I consider the most competent manager in all of the ASMF is looking to run Arrows.

Biscione wrote:I understand the need to try and generate a certain set of results to align with other things further down the line, but at the same time the evolution of the storyline needs to be organic and surprising. There's no point running the series if, for example, it's pre-determined that one driver is going to have such a massive dose of ROIDS it's basically impossible for anyone else to touch them.

I feel you and I am looking try my best to balance these two needs. That is why my plan is not involving outright roiding but more elements like "Osella ain't getting a Renault works deal unless the planet explodes". In the end I am looking for a system where bringing a backmarker to the front is not impossible but only something the best of the best can achieve.

Biscione wrote:For example, you have Alain Prost at McLaren as #1, therefore assuming he would be champ in 1986. What if he isn't? In this alternate universe thus far, he hasn't done much to suggest he'd end up driving for the best team and be a world champion. That's a bit of personal agenda coming into play.

Guilty as charged.

Biscione wrote:The starting point needs to be agreeable for many people, and reflect what the results of our alternate canon have already thrown up, expected or unexpected.

That is where the entire reason for this series's potential existence comes into play: we don't have much to work with. I mean, from 1981 to 1987 are six years. Predicting the development of F1 over six years is a tough cookie. Would have anyone predicted at the start of 2009 that a Mercedes-Benz works effort would roflstomp the competition in 2015? Would have anyone predicted Robert Kubica's career ending only two years down the road? Would have anyone predicted one of Toyota's test drivers becoming one of the most popular drivers in F1 (if you say yes, you are lying)? No matter whom we declare to the be 1986 World Champion (and we have to declare something, we need at least a scripted year or two to connect different games - for a number of reasons, technical being amongst them, e.g. if the number of teams in pasta's game doesn't suffer a major downturn, we'd be looking at 8 teams going bankrupt in one off-season which would be the dumbest of premises), we are always working on an assumption.
Nessafox
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Nessafox »

Teams going bankrupt can be solved by my habit of merging all kind of backmarkers like i did in Pi's series. This can be explained by the rising costs of making turbo engines mandatory. Of course, that means Pasta's series has to make sure normally aspirated engines are still competitive until 84.
Salamander

Post by Salamander »

This wrote:Of course, that means Pasta's series has to make sure normally aspirated engines are still competitive until 84.

Well, that's a bit of a lost cause now, given that most teams, certainly all the competitive ones, have switched to turbos.
Everything's great.
Klon
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Klon »

Salamander wrote:Well, that's a bit of a lost cause now, given that most teams, certainly all the competitive ones, have switched to turbos.

Matter of fact there are only two teams that don't use turbos in 1981, and they are both joke entries. You can see some quasi-serious entries using non-turbos in my game proposal. As you can see there is a need for a scripted season or two to sort stuff like this out.

Regarding as to who wins these scripted seasons, I was thinking of offering a poll: that way the question of the 1986 (and possibly 1985) is not down to one personal bias, but the personal biases of the masses. That way, I feel we could get a sensible development for the canon going.
wmetcalf7 4

Post by wmetcalf7 4 »

Hi there, apologies if this is the wrong thread but, I've seen so many people LOVED the classic LineDriver series, and I've found a game that is similar to it where you can set times around a set track (although most games have this, this game feels more LineDriver-esque). I believe it is both on computer and phones (I have it on my iPhone), it is called Red Bull Kart Fighter. They have Red Bull Kart Fighter 3, but 1. I believe it isn't on computer 2. It just doesn't have that classic feel in my opinion. Would anyone be interested in a series like this, with LineDriver-esque rules: Whoever sets best time gets 25 points, then 2nd gets 18, etc. over and over, until we finish the season, whoever has most points wins.
#GetWellWickens
dr-baker

Post by dr-baker »

wmetcalf7 4 wrote:Hi there, apologies if this is the wrong thread but, I've seen so many people LOVED the classic LineDriver series, and I've found a game that is similar to it where you can set times around a set track (although most games have this, this game feels more LineDriver-esque). I believe it is both on computer and phones (I have it on my iPhone), it is called Red Bull Kart Fighter. They have Red Bull Kart Fighter 3, but 1. I believe it isn't on computer 2. It just doesn't have that classic feel in my opinion. Would anyone be interested in a series like this, with LineDriver-esque rules: Whoever sets best time gets 25 points, then 2nd gets 18, etc. over and over, until we finish the season, whoever has most points wins.

Is the Fast Formula Racing on the Amazon App Store the same thing? It's the only app that came up when I typed "Red Bull Kart Fighter" into Amazon's search box.
watka wrote:I find it amusing that whilst you're one of the more openly Christian guys here, you are still first and foremost associated with an eye for the ladies!
dinizintheoven wrote:GOOD CHRISTIANS do not go to jail. EVERYONE ON FORMULA ONE REJECTS should be in jail.
MCard LOLA
wmetcalf7 4

Post by wmetcalf7 4 »

dr-baker wrote:Is the Fast Formula Racing on the Amazon App Store the same thing? It's the only app that came up when I typed "Red Bull Kart Fighter" into Amazon's search box.

Don't believe so, sorry. However there is a computer version (if I remember correctly).
#GetWellWickens
tommykl

Post by tommykl »

Right, after a short discussion, it was decided that the ASMF had too many stickied topics. Therefore, I unstickied two of them, for the following reasons:

1) The F1RTA thread has had very little activity recently, and with old threads constantly sent to the Flat Out Flat Broke forum, it can still easily be found if needs be.
2) The "Classifieds" thread has enough activity on its own to be bumped up to the top by itself. It doesn't need to be stickied to stay near the top.
kevinbotz wrote:Cantonese is a completely nonsensical f*cking alien language masquerading as some grossly bastardised form of Chinese

Gonzo wrote:Wasn't there some sort of communisim in the East part of Germany?
Nessafox
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Nessafox »

Another suggestion for a Google navigation challenge: would anyone be interested of doing a Tour De France, cycling challenge? Most of the rules will be somewhat similar to the ones i posted here earlier, but on a more local scale. How i have things in my mind, it would take between 15 and 25 days.
Starting date will be end of july, in the F1 summer break.
Bobby Doorknobs

This wrote:Another suggestion for a Google navigation challenge: would anyone be interested of doing a Tour De France, cycling challenge? Most of the rules will be somewhat similar to the ones i posted here earlier, but on a more local scale. How i have things in my mind, it would take between 15 and 25 days.
Starting date will be end of july, in the F1 summer break.

Sure, why not? :)
#FreeGonzo
wmetcalf7 4

Post by wmetcalf7 4 »

So, I doubt most (if any) remember my Dan Morris career that I started and just… left after one race. 1 and a half years ago. Well, it's not left anymore. BUT IT COMES WITH A TWIST. Dan Morris has not been retained for Sauber after he had an amazing 2013, just so pay driver Esteban Gutierrez can get Sauber the cash they need. Dan becomes an amazing sportscar driver, remembered as one of the greats. Fast forward to the future, and Nick Morris is born in 2022. 7 years later, he's entered into the local karting championships. This is Nick Morris' racing career. Will he make it to F1? You find out! The link:
viewtopic.php?f=12&t=6561&p=339529#p339529

Sorry for just shoving my new career in all of your faces, but 1. I need some feedback and 2. I would like the mods to move it out of the archive. Also, 3. This is the PMMF Planning Thread after all! 2 races have been done so far. Thanks :)
#GetWellWickens
Nuppiz
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Nuppiz »

wmetcalf7 4 wrote:2. I would like the mods to move it out of the archive.

I moved it some ten minutes ago. I also noticed that you posted the driver standings only two minutes after your first post, which constitutes as a double post (which unecessarily clutters up the topic and can seem to others that you are just trying to boost your post count). I've warned you of this before, and am doing so once again. The edit button is there for a reason - use it.
Eurosport broadcast for the 1990 Mexican GP prequalifying:
"The Life, it looked very lifeless yet again... in fact Bruno did one, slow lap"
Gerudo Dragon

Post by Gerudo Dragon »

I know this is sudden but

I'm thinking of running a Le Mans series in 2018/maybe 19 if that's okay
Trump 2016
CaptainGetz12
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by CaptainGetz12 »

Gerudo Dragon wrote:I know this is sudden but

Canon or non-canon? Since our last canon attempt (ACO Le Mans CUp) at it went bust.
Klon wrote:What did poor André do to you for him to be insulted like that?
Salamander

Post by Salamander »

CaptainGetz12 wrote:
Gerudo Dragon wrote:I know this is sudden but

Canon or non-canon? Since our last canon attempt (ACO Le Mans CUp) at it went bust.

I don't think he means he plans to run a series in RL 2018/19. :P

If you do decide to go ahead with that, that'd be fine with me, we need something to prop up the Le Mans side of the canon, and you've already got some experience running a series, so no worries there. What were you thinking of using to simulate it?
Everything's great.
Gerudo Dragon

Post by Gerudo Dragon »

Salamander wrote:I don't think he means he plans to run a series in RL 2018/19. :P

If you do decide to go ahead with that, that'd be fine with me, we need something to prop up the Le Mans side of the canon, and you've already got some experience running a series, so no worries there. What were you thinking of using to simulate it?
GTR2

and yes i do plan on it being canon lol
Trump 2016
AndreaModa

Post by AndreaModa »

Count me in as interested. I considered running a similar series but if you're prepared to do it then I'm more than happy to step back! Only stipulation I'd have is that teams have the option to build their own chassis if they want.
I want my MTV...Simtek Ford

My Motorsport Photos

@DNPQ_
AxelP800

Post by AxelP800 »

As have been discussed earlier today in chat, Salamander approved me for running a revival of Kyalami 9 Hours on the off-season. Currently planned at 9-10th December 2017. Cars available are GT1, TC2 cars, and current Copa Petrobras de Marcas cars. TC2 and Marcas would be likely joined into "TC2" class. As for GT1 it's the exact same car as in GTRWC, the difference is I will run this in rFactor. Track could support 32 cars, planned to be sunset-to-sunrise race. Max 2 drivers per car, each user must enter two-car teams, and can enter two teams if one team on GT1 class, other on TC2 class. Cars available will be revealed
Rio Haryanto for the win!
He upon seeing me accidentaly paint Belgian flag rotated 90 deg to right
tommykl returns from the bathroom
tommykl reads the chat logs
tommykl has a stroke
FMecha

Post by FMecha »

I've planning a series of one-off GP2 races following specific themes in a weekly basis. For the first one, I've thinking of battle of engine manufacturers - you'd have current manufacturers (Ferrari, Mercedes, Renault, and Honda) and past ones (Cosworth/Ford*, BMW, Toyota, Peugeot, Hart, Yamaha, etc). There will be 24 cars, plus 2 wild-card single-car entries each. Thoughts? :)

*Cosworth and Ford shall be considered as same entity for that race.
PSN ID: FMecha_EXE | FMecha on GT Sport
HawkAussie

Post by HawkAussie »

To run a canon series, what simulator do you have to use?
Officially Retired
Klon
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Klon »

HawkAussie wrote:To run a canon series, what simulator do you have to use?

Basically "not xkoranate". Other than that, you are free to use anything you can handle. I want to stress that last point. Any game you have to first learn to edit is not a good one to use for canon games.
Nessafox
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Nessafox »

In case you're wondering. I decided not to create a new Google Navigation challenge because of the lack of interest in those ran by others.
It is probably for the best to keep this a once a year off-season event. Therefore i'm still interested in running one in december-januari. (about the same time as the Dakar rally, fittingly)
Peteroli34

Post by Peteroli34 »

So i have had an idea about an event i would like to host on GT6

The event would be held in the format of a rally, i know you cant actually hold a proper rally. several tracks have different variation and so a race on each one of those variations would count as a stage and after each "Stage" has been run the user with the lowest overall time would be the winner.
Bobby Doorknobs

peteroli34 wrote:So i have had an idea about an event i would like to host on GT6

The event would be held in the format of a rally, i know you cant actually hold a proper rally. several tracks have different variation and so a race on each one of those variations would count as a stage and after each "Stage" has been run the user with the lowest overall time would be the winner.

Pretty much any GT-related event is likely to interest me, so sign me up :)
#FreeGonzo
Shadaza

Post by Shadaza »

So I want to host a new series, with the principle of nations competing against each other.
"It's been done!" you say, but this isn't going to be a spec series, each country has to design their own cars, interpret the rules how they see them and throw their weight, influence and spy networks around.

Also I should mention this is during the cold war, so tensions should be high and goals important.

The base engine for the game will be Live For Speed but some of the finer details are missing hence why I have come to the planning thread.

I haven't yet decided what cars should be racing and am not sure if I should get the teams to role play and pick or I should just put my foot down and pick because so far, I have had mixed results when things go up to vote, or I let other people take leadership roles in my games.
Message me on Discord.
dr-baker

Post by dr-baker »

Shadaza wrote:I am not sure if I should get the teams to role play and pick or I should just put my foot down and pick because so far, I have had mixed results when things go up to vote, or I let other people take leadership roles in my games.

I think that you maybe have answered your own question here, just go with the courage of your convictions!
watka wrote:I find it amusing that whilst you're one of the more openly Christian guys here, you are still first and foremost associated with an eye for the ladies!
dinizintheoven wrote:GOOD CHRISTIANS do not go to jail. EVERYONE ON FORMULA ONE REJECTS should be in jail.
MCard LOLA
AxelP800

Post by AxelP800 »

I'm some sort of wanting 'prologue' races before the 2018 Kyalami 9 Hours got underway to test the new packages. Each of these races are 2 or 3 hours long with max 32 cars entry like in Kyalami. http://pastebin.com/Gw81gqX9 are the current car list but still waiting for 2 more brands as I'm waiting does FVR's 2014 V8 Supercars mod would be released on time or not. Each team can enter two cars of one manufacturer they wanted, no more class cross. 16th manufacturer will be wildcard entered by me. Prologue races possible: Nordschleife, Le Mans, Spa then Kyalami 9 Hours.
Rio Haryanto for the win!
He upon seeing me accidentaly paint Belgian flag rotated 90 deg to right
tommykl returns from the bathroom
tommykl reads the chat logs
tommykl has a stroke
Ciaran

Post by Ciaran »

Is this the right place to talk about doing some sort of career mode in rFactor using F1 mods? I'm starting off in 1988. I've had to randomly pick one team out of the five that year who only entered one car: AGS, Coloni, Dallara, Osella and Rial, and I drew AGS.
Manager of Calsonic Team Impul in Formula E, K-Apex in PES & Eurasian F3 and Mitsuoka in Alt-F1 '76.
My career mode thread - 1988: AGS (19pts, 9th) // 1989: Arrows (25pts, 8th, 1 win!)
You'll never DNF if you always DNPQ. #RollSafe
Bobby Doorknobs

Regenmeister94 wrote:Is this the right place to talk about doing some sort of career mode in rFactor using F1 mods? I'm starting off in 1988. I've had to randomly pick one team out of the five that year who only entered one car: AGS, Coloni, Dallara, Osella and Rial, and I drew AGS.

The Black Stig Memorial Forum is the place for virtual careers. Good luck with yours! :)
#FreeGonzo