F1Rejects IRC channel

The place for discussion of all aspects of the gprejects.com website
pi314159

Re: F1Rejects IRC channel

Post by pi314159 »

peteroli34 wrote:Is it just me or does it seem that Mibbit is playing up for then usual recently. Insane lag, timeouts and random disconnects. Tonight i seem to have an authentication required messege before i try to connect to the chat

I get the same problems and I am unable to connect to the chat.
pasta_maldonado wrote:The stewards have recommended that Alan Jones learns to drive.
Miguel98

Post by Miguel98 »

Mibbit is beeing retard again.
Mario on Gutierrez after the Italian Grand Prix wrote:He's no longer just a bit of a tool, he's the entire tool set.

18-07-2015: Forever in our hearts Jules.
25-08-2015: Forever in our hearts Justin.
Miguel98

Post by Miguel98 »

Is the chatroom down?

I suddenly got disconectted, and now I can't even connect to the mibbit website.

And no, this time it isn't my internet beeing retarded.
Mario on Gutierrez after the Italian Grand Prix wrote:He's no longer just a bit of a tool, he's the entire tool set.

Bobby Doorknobs

Post by Bobby Doorknobs »

Miguel98 wrote:Is the chatroom down?

I suddenly got disconectted, and now I can't even connect to the mibbit website.

And no, this time it isn't my internet beeing retarded.

It's working fine on my end...
#FreeGonzo
tommykl

Post by tommykl »

Is the chatroom acting up for anyone else?
kevinbotz wrote:Cantonese is a completely nonsensical f*cking alien language masquerading as some grossly bastardised form of Chinese

Gonzo wrote:Wasn't there some sort of communisim in the East part of Germany?
Londoner

Post by Londoner »

tommykl wrote:Is the chatroom acting up for anyone else?

Yeah, I just got timed out, and I can't load Mibbit at all right now.
Fetzie on Ferrari wrote:How does a driver hurtling around a race track while they're sous-viding in their overalls have a better understanding of the race than a team of strategy engineers in an air-conditioned room?l
Miguel98

Post by Miguel98 »

East Londoner wrote:
tommykl wrote:Is the chatroom acting up for anyone else?

Yeah, I just got timed out, and I can't load Mibbit at all right now.

Yep, it shat itself. I was able to reconnect by entering the mibbit website and searching for the F1Rejects channel.

Ataxia
Not Important

Post by Ataxia »

Try switching "client00" in the URL to "client01".
Mitch Hedberg wrote:I want to be a race car passenger: just a guy who bugs the driver. Say man, can I turn on the radio? You should slow down. Why do we gotta keep going in circles? Man, you really like Tide...
Londoner

Post by Londoner »

Has anyone else had trouble trying to connect to the chat in the last couple of days? It took me a few minutes to get through just now, and there's no-one else in the chat.
Fetzie on Ferrari wrote:How does a driver hurtling around a race track while they're sous-viding in their overalls have a better understanding of the race than a team of strategy engineers in an air-conditioned room?l
AndreaModa

Post by AndreaModa »

East Londoner wrote:...there's no-one else in the chat.

:(

I want my MTV...Simtek Ford

My Motorsport Photos

@DNPQ_
roblo97

Post by roblo97 »

Is anyone else having problems connecting to the chat at the moment?
Mexicola wrote:
shinji wrote:
Mexicola wrote: I'd rather listen to a dog lick its balls. Each to their own, I guess.

Does listening to a dog licking its balls get you excited?

That's between me and my internet service provider.

One of those journalist types.
270 Tube stations in 18:42:50!
Bobby Doorknobs

Post by Bobby Doorknobs »

roblomas52 wrote:Is anyone else having problems connecting to the chat at the moment?

Yeah, I was having problems too. Try changing "client00" in the URL to "client01" if you have the same problem in the future like so:

https://client01.chat.mibbit.com/?serve ... 3F1Rejects
#FreeGonzo
roblo97

Post by roblo97 »

Simtek wrote:
roblomas52 wrote:Is anyone else having problems connecting to the chat at the moment?

Yeah, I was having problems too. Try changing "client00" in the URL to "client01" if you have the same problem in the future like so:

https://client01.chat.mibbit.com/?serve ... 3F1Rejects

Thank you very much, should a similar issue occur in the future, I will try that.
Mexicola wrote:
shinji wrote:
Mexicola wrote: I'd rather listen to a dog lick its balls. Each to their own, I guess.

Does listening to a dog licking its balls get you excited?

That's between me and my internet service provider.

One of those journalist types.
270 Tube stations in 18:42:50!
pasta_maldonado
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by pasta_maldonado »

What on Earth is occurring in the chat room?

Klon wrote:more liek Nick Ass-idy amirite?
RonDenisDeletraz

Post by RonDenisDeletraz »

Same thing happened to me earlier
aerond wrote:Yes RDD, but we always knew you never had any sort of taste either :P

tommykl wrote:I have a shite car and meme sponsors, but Corrado Fabi will carry me to the promised land with the power of Lionel Richie.
tommykl

Post by tommykl »

Has anyone else been having issues with the chat? It stopped showing any images, and now it simply refuses to load up.
kevinbotz wrote:Cantonese is a completely nonsensical f*cking alien language masquerading as some grossly bastardised form of Chinese

Ataxia
Not Important

Post by Ataxia »

tommykl wrote:Has anyone else been having issues with the chat? It stopped showing any images, and now it simply refuses to load up.

Try changing the URL from "client00" to "client01".
Mitch Hedberg wrote:I want to be a race car passenger: just a guy who bugs the driver. Say man, can I turn on the radio? You should slow down. Why do we gotta keep going in circles? Man, you really like Tide...
DemocalypseNow

Post by DemocalypseNow »

tommykl wrote:Has anyone else been having issues with the chat? It stopped showing any images, and now it simply refuses to load up.

If you are loading the URL as clientXX.mibbit.com, delete the clientXX. Sometimes one of the several servers goes down, and if you specify which one is being used, you just get stuck. Not specifying a client at all will redirect you to the next available working client (it's more than just 00 or 01).
Novitopoli wrote:Everytime someone orders at Pizza Hut, an Italian dies.
Novitopoli wrote:Juve's Triplete: Calciopoli, doping & Mafia connections.

Image Image
tommykl

Post by tommykl »

I still get the same issue. It gets to the loading screen ("Fixing all known bugs", etc.), but never progresses past that stage.

Ataxia
Not Important

Post by Ataxia »

tommykl wrote:I still get the same issue. It gets to the loading screen ("Fixing all known bugs", etc.), but never progresses past that stage.

Maybe try a different browser?
Rob Dylan

Post by Rob Dylan »

The Mibbit chat is currently completely inaccessible for me. Like *Problem loading page* inaccessible.

There were occasionally a few bugs where it would log in that have been going on for a month or so now, but this is the first time I've been completely unable to even find the page - like it doesn't exist as a website.

Anyone else got this issue?
Murray Walker at the 1997 Austrian Grand Prix wrote:The other [Stewart] driver, who nobody's been paying attention to, because he's disappointing, is Jan Magnussen.
Felipe Nasr - the least forgettable F1 driver!
pasta_maldonado
Site Donor
Site Donor

Did mibbit just go completely down for anybody else?
Ataxia
Not Important

Post by Ataxia »

pasta_maldonado wrote:Did mibbit just go completely down for anybody else?

Yeah, try replacing "client00" in the URL to "client01" or 02. It's gone...a bit weird.
pasta_maldonado
Site Donor
Site Donor

Ataxia wrote:
pasta_maldonado wrote:Did mibbit just go completely down for anybody else?

Yeah, try replacing "client00" in the URL to "client01" or 02. It's gone...a bit weird.

Can confirm that client01 worked for me.
SeedStriker

Post by SeedStriker »

Mibbit client is giving me an "insecure connection" on the firefox today. Anyone else with this issue?

Edit: Also issues with Chrome
Ataxia
Not Important

Post by Ataxia »

SeedStriker wrote:Mibbit client is giving me an "insecure connection" on the firefox today. Anyone else with this issue?

Edit: Also issues with Chrome

Yeah, I think it's issues with their security certificate on their end.
This Could Be You

Post by This Could Be You »

I'm suspect something's broken with the IRC chat, as when I opened it, I was greeted with this (as I'm using a different client, I've just copied the log into a code box)

Code: Select all

(10:00:08) mode (+nt ) by irc.us.mibbit.net
(10:00:08) ChanServ has changed the topic to: Forum and Wiki - fine // People still don't like Cuppies in Xfinity // Danica Patrick will be doing Indy // The Wrestling Will Continue Until Morale Improves // Lemme smash! // Swinging Sixties is back - enter WSRC! Go to https://tinyurl.com/y85tj8f3 for details
(10:00:08) mode (+rbbbbbbbbb *!*@mib-5E179C5F.cable.virginm.net awurik!*@* NastyButterPoop!*@* *!*@mib-888A2F1A.lightspeed.sndgca.sbcglobal.net ne!*@* *!*@mib-510EB2F0.socal.res.rr.com BeefcakeManSalad!*@* Formula_Mechaaa!*@* Axolotl!*@*) by ChanServ
(10:00:08) mode (+bbbbbbbbbbbb Asian!*@* *!*@78A5E101.6634D86E.4092ECA3.IP xxtriplecoolxx!*@* umatbru!*@* schrulle!*@* *!*@9F53F4D6.D9220453.CE5637C7.IP *!*@1B38B828.8A0AB7F.8282FDD5.IP *!*@7A3B7D63.855DF4AB.B700699C.IP *!*@195CC726.7888E093.B700699C.IP *!*@386F4C93.9CEFF0B8.18834F7B.IP *!*@mib-F41860C1.socal.res.rr.com *!*@mib-A2DB40BB.mckinn3.vic.optusnet.com.au) by ChanServ
(10:00:08) mode (+bbbbbbbbbbbb *!*@C4C4A590.7888E093.B700699C.IP *!*@A6F61C9E.855DF4AB.B700699C.IP *!*@B562ADC7.9A9ADDA8.609DB3CD.IP *!*@5A4F4B6C.F7DB308A.IP *!Mibbit@*.6271E7.18834F7B.IP *!*@263EDBCB.7888E093.B700699C.IP *!*@*.host.redstation.co.uk *!*@A4C765B3.7888E093.B700699C.IP eIfroggo!*@* *!*@2837673A.7888E093.B700699C.IP join_thehub!*@* *!*@mib-273F66A7.socal.res.rr.com) by ChanServ
(10:00:08) mode (+bbbbbbbbbbbb *!*@33E19CD9.9E91468F.67C87838.IP Umatbro!*@* *!*@E81461D3.14024F5D.515CB31C.IP elf!*@* *!*@81B9CA65.D9220453.CE5637C7.IP *!*@46409CEB.F2E6129.B508837F.IP elfroggo!*@* bathplug!*@* *!*@AE725589.29A71A0F.B508837F.IP *!*@mib-A611894D.socal.res.rr.com weh!*@* *!*@mib-180B1D94.red-95-127-81.dynamicip.rima-tde.net) by ChanServ
(10:00:08) mode (+bbbbbbbbbbbb *!*@mib-34984C32.red-88-28-50.staticip.rima-tde.net wde72!*@* *!*@mib-69CDE2D5.vds.myihor.ru goitBot!*@* xbn!*@* *[email protected] vvp!*@* *!*@F74501D1.DD75207E.4D0A55A7.IP *!lkxok@* GordonRamsay!*@* Falcon!*@* md5b1a4!*@*) by ChanServ
(10:00:08) mode (+bbb-o LondoGonzo!*@* *!*@CDB27EB1.B3A04102.B508837F.IP ~q:*!*@lightspeed.sndgca.sbcglobal.net TCBY) by ChanServ

Everything still appeared to work, however, and other users can join, so it may be just an issue with the chat config's verbosity or something.

EDIT: Never mind, apparently it normally does this when you're the first to join a chat session (as I was)
Your Signature Here

Named after HRT, now on HRT
RealRacingRoots

Post by RealRacingRoots »

Haven't been able to hop in the chat room the last few days.

After pressing on go to enter to enter the web client it fails to load the tab for the channel itself and only loads the Mibbit server tab. The server tab gives the prompt for the ChanServ ident for the RRR name but doesn't update after inputting my password, it just kinda..... hangs there.

I dunno, tis p weird eh.
The Truth Shall set you free. (no theme music plays)
Tomáš.......Ttaaaaaaaattaaaaaarrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr
Watch this if you want to learn about what Canada is really like.
GT Super Series
Rob Dylan

Post by Rob Dylan »

RealRacingRoots wrote:Haven't been able to hop in the chat room the last few days.

After pressing on go to enter to enter the web client it fails to load the tab for the channel itself and only loads the Mibbit server tab. The server tab gives the prompt for the ChanServ ident for the RRR name but doesn't update after inputting my password, it just kinda..... hangs there.

I dunno, tis p weird eh.
That's an issue I often have. With me I usually refresh a couple of times until it works - or I'll be in Mibbit purgatory until the end of time.

I assume you've tried changing the client in the hyperlink? For me it's usually set at 1, but sometimes changing it to 0 or 2 gives me less trouble with logging in.
Murray Walker at the 1997 Austrian Grand Prix wrote:The other [Stewart] driver, who nobody's been paying attention to, because he's disappointing, is Jan Magnussen.
RealRacingRoots

[quote="Rob Dylan"That's an issue I often have. With me I usually refresh a couple of times until it works - or I'll be in Mibbit purgatory until the end of time.

I assume you've tried changing the client in the hyperlink? For me it's usually set at 1, but sometimes changing it to 0 or 2 gives me less trouble with logging in.[/quote]

You assume correct and uhhhh nothing, still won't load an additional tab for channels and commands don't do a thing in the Mibbit tab.
GT Super Series
Londoner

Post by Londoner »

The Mibbit server died on me shortly after the race ended, and every time I try to enter the chatroom I get either of the following:

irc.mibbit.net: Terminated

irc.mibbit.net: Closing Link: [79.74.212.229] (Z:Lined (spam#1gb7abv))

Dunno what I've done wrong, I've tried changing from client00 to 01 and 02 in the address bar, I've tried different web browsers and nothing's worked. :(
SeedStriker

Post by SeedStriker »

Is mibbit dead for everyone today? It isn't loading from this side, and it seems to be the whole thing and not the GPR channel only
Gertrand Bachot

Post by Gertrand Bachot »

SeedStriker wrote:Is mibbit dead for everyone today? It isn't loading from this side, and it seems to be the whole thing and not the GPR channel only

I've got a "Connection Refused" error when I try to load Mibbit. I can't speak for anyone else, but it's dead on my side.
SeedStriker

Post by SeedStriker »

Gertrand Bachot wrote:
SeedStriker wrote:Is mibbit dead for everyone today? It isn't loading from this side, and it seems to be the whole thing and not the GPR channel only

I've got a "Connection Refused" error when I try to load Mibbit. I can't speak for anyone else, but it's dead on my side.

Yeah, same here.

It's dead, Jim...
Rob Dylan

Post by Rob Dylan »

I couldn't get on it yesterday.

Thoughts and prayers; sending positive energy; etc.
Nuppiz
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Nuppiz »

Mibbit.com itself is still up. The chat client is completely knocked out, though.
Eurosport broadcast for the 1990 Mexican GP prequalifying:
"The Life, it looked very lifeless yet again... in fact Bruno did one, slow lap"
DemocalypseNow

Post by DemocalypseNow »

With the client buggered, there's another way you can login to the IRC without a client installed on your desktop;

https://kiwiirc.com

Select Mibbit from the dropdown, leave password blank, pick your usual nickname and hit enter. Then flick across to the Channels tab up top, input #f1rejects and join our room.

You can also use a mobile or desktop application to plug into IRC if you wish.
Novitopoli wrote:Everytime someone orders at Pizza Hut, an Italian dies.
Novitopoli wrote:Juve's Triplete: Calciopoli, doping & Mafia connections.

Image Image
RealRacingRoots

" irc.mibbit.net: Closing Link: RialRacingRoots[IP Address] (User has been banned from Mibbit (from #ifap .)) "

Huh....
GT Super Series
Rob Dylan

Post by Rob Dylan »

haha ok yeah I posted about this likewise on the issues thread, but I realise it's not treason, but some sort of wider issue.
kevinbotz

Post by kevinbotz »

RealRacingRoots wrote:" irc.mibbit.net: Closing Link: RialRacingRoots[IP Address] (User has been banned from Mibbit (from #ifap .)) "

Huh....

Yep, suffering from the same issue.
Klon, on Alt-F1 wrote: I like to think it's more poker than gambling, though.