Google Navigation Challenge - US Capitols in 140 Hours

Archive for the three above subforums
Peteroli34

Google Navigation Challenge - US Capitols in 140 Hours

Post by Peteroli34 »

Like Shadaza previous attempts this is a Navigation Challenge using Google Maps. Those races were simple point A to point B races. This one doesn't quite work that way. This one sees you decide where to start and end the trip

In the contiguous United States there are 49 Capitol Building (48 state and 1 federal) your challenge is to visit as many as possible in 140 hours (14 Legs)

Rules
1. There is no fixed start or finish line. You get to choose where the only stipulation is that it must be one of the airports from this list http://www.nationsonline.org/oneworld/major_US_airports.htm. The start and finish do not have to be the same. Only 2 people may start from the same Airport
2. You must visit as many US Capitols state and federal. State capitols location are in this list http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_state_capitols_in_the_United_States
3.Like Shadaza game you may only travel for a maximum of 10 hours a leg. However a "Joker leg is Included"
4.For One Leg Only you may travel for 12 hours. if you do this you may only travel for 8 hours on the subsequent leg
5. Routes will be calculated without traffic. To keep it fair to those in different time zones. please include each capitol as a destination in your route
6. Each Leg except leg 14 must end a place of accommodation. If it doesnt exist in google maps you cant stay there
7. Each Leg must be posted on the forum. with 1 leg posted a day. those who miss a leg can catch up on the next leg
8.Each new Leg will open at Midnight BST and close at 23:59 BST

When posting legs please use the following template. Time posted in Hours and Minutes, not Days Hours and Minutes
Start:
Finish:
Distance Traveled:
Time Traveled:
Capitols Visited:
Total Distance:
Total Time: (In Hours)
Total Capitols Visited

-Leg and Overall standings will be updated between Midnight and 01:00 BST following the closure of the previous leg. The standings would be worked out as such. Locations Visited, Distance Travelled and time travelled.
- While i will enter to keep it fair i will wait until everybody else enters before i post my leg so as to not nick a start place

I Know the last attempts ended in a failure but i guarantee this one will be updated daily and will have an overall resort

To allow people to place entries Leg 1 will be open until Wednesday 17th June 23:59 BST
Peteroli34

Re: Google Navigation Challenge - US Capitols in 140 Hours

Post by Peteroli34 »

Reserved