The Junior Series Thread

The place for speaking your mind on current goings-on in F1
Salamander

Re: The Junior Series Thread

Post by Salamander »

Nyck de Vries is a douchebag. Utterly disgraceful driving from him on the restart, stacking up the field massively and creating the potential for an awful pileup, and right at the end, where he realised too late that he'd handed the win to Vaxiviere on a silver platter. Glad that, in the end, the only person he wound up screwing over was himself.
Sebastian Vettel wrote:If I was good at losing I wouldn't be in Formula 1.
Everything's great.
I'm not surprised about anything.
AdrianBelmonte_

Post by AdrianBelmonte_ »

And it's over now, Mick Schumacher won it's first race in ADAC F4
#FoxesFansHooligans

#HaasShouldBeSoLucky
GerhardTalger

Post by GerhardTalger »

Salamander wrote:Nyck de Vries is a douchebag. Utterly disgraceful driving from him on the restart, stacking up the field massively and creating the potential for an awful pileup, and right at the end, where he realised too late that he'd handed the win to Vaxiviere on a silver platter. Glad that, in the end, the only person he wound up screwing over was himself.

As a Dutchman, I have to admit his last lap shenanigans were idiotic. The restart was one moment I didn't really understand either, if the field was backing up that much it should have been either heavy breaking by Nyck or just the rest of the field failing to act correctly. I thought it was the latter.
Salamander

Post by Salamander »

GerhardTalger wrote:
Salamander wrote:Nyck de Vries is a douchebag. Utterly disgraceful driving from him on the restart, stacking up the field massively and creating the potential for an awful pileup, and right at the end, where he realised too late that he'd handed the win to Vaxiviere on a silver platter. Glad that, in the end, the only person he wound up screwing over was himself.

As a Dutchman, I have to admit his last lap shenanigans were idiotic. The restart was one moment I didn't really understand either, if the field was backing up that much it should have been either heavy breaking by Nyck or just the rest of the field failing to act correctly. I thought it was the latter.

The field was in line behind the safety car, then when it drove off for the restart, de Vries just slowed down massively and kept everyone behind him for a good 30 seconds or so. Like, I understand trying to get the jump on everybody on a restart, but that was way overboard.
Everything's great.
razta

Post by razta »

AdrianBelmonte_ wrote:And it's over now, Mick Schumacher won it's first race in ADAC F4

and guess who's already on the phone to him?
https://twitter.com/MercF1Fans/status/592333166708281346/
wsrgo

Post by wsrgo »

Was the restart as bad as Jenson's at Shanghai '10?
eytl wrote:I agree. Especially when he talks about one's nerves sending signals 111a and 6783 etc. to the brain upon seeing Ericsson's hairdo.

He's got it all wrong. When I see Ericsson and Chilton's hairdos, the only signal going to my brain is 1049.
Rabbi Gordon

Post by Rabbi Gordon »

I have just caught up on FR 3.5 and the only thing I have to say is: Ha ha Dyck de Vries. Haa haa!

van Buuren is really perplexing... Shown little sign of being able to race like a top prospect last year.
Also hoping Zeta and Comtec will find drivers (Hoping for Laine) and a field of 24 cars will be here in June.
If a particle is traveling at the speed of a Spyker, it is likely to finish last. - Albers Einstein

The Hungarian language is more beautiful than you'd ever think. See, the plural of soul in Hungarian is lelkek.
yannicksamlad
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by yannicksamlad »

http://www.forbes.com/sites/csylt/2015/ ... g-drivers/
reports that 'F1' owners support some GP2 and GP3 drivers to help develop interest in key markets ( pick a key market, find driver from there, and give money ) .....but then have F1 financed in a way that means you only have 20 seats available for these drivers to compete for...

Their plan doesn't seem to be coming together .....as its missing an ingredient; F1 seats.

Still, seems they have some idea at least.
I started supporting Emmo in 1976 (3 points )....missed 75, 74, 73, 72...
BigG80

Post by BigG80 »

I don't have access to WSR or F3 right now but hot diggity, GP2 has to be the best single seater series out there right now. Or does this belong in the Unpopular Opinions thread?

Anyway, the Feature race today was an absolute corker. Two different strategies playing out to a conclusion which was unknown until the flag...ok maybe the lap before the flag but the guys in 10 - 12 were still fighting over the line.

A really exciting race to watch so if you can, you should watch it.

Canamassas once again demonstrating why he is a complete liability and also underlining what a headache McLaren have on their hands. Too many great drivers on the books for too few seats.
AdrianBelmonte_

Something happened during race 2 on GP2, Canamasas was not (!!!!!) involved
#FoxesFansHooligans

#HaasShouldBeSoLucky
Aguaman

Post by Aguaman »

That is the oddest start I've seen in a race.
yannicksamlad
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by yannicksamlad »

Aguaman wrote:That is the oddest start I've seen in a race.

Yes as Aguaman says; very odd. I was worried we'd have hardly any racing. But turned out great. Passing, racing, and tyres weren't too ridiculous . Virtual safety car worked really well. Hope F1 was paying attention.
Ataxia
Not Important

Post by Ataxia »

After the feature race, Martin Brundle tested the GP2 car with some 18" rims:

Personally, I quite like the look of the low-profile tyres. Some people will definitely hate them, but it's something they'd get used to...
Mitch Hedberg wrote:I want to be a race car passenger: just a guy who bugs the driver. Say man, can I turn on the radio? You should slow down. Why do we gotta keep going in circles? Man, you really like Tide...
UncreativeUsername37

Post by UncreativeUsername37 »

Ataxia wrote:Some people will definitely hate them, but it's something they'd get used to...

If by "used to" you mean "resigned to" like the direction cutting to celebrities, then yes.
Rob Dylan wrote:Mercedes paying homage to the other W12 chassis by breaking down 30 minutes in
AndreaModa

Post by AndreaModa »

If Pirelli go ahead with 18" rims and tyres to go with them, they need to rethink how they put their logo on the sidewall because at the moment that tiny little thing is barely visible even in close up shots of the car.

They need to go back to how they had it when they last supplied tyres in F1 - putting Pirelli in an ordinary font following the curve of the tyre:
I want my MTV...Simtek Ford

My Motorsport Photos

@DNPQ_
Salamander

Post by Salamander »

Norman Nato sucks. End of story.
Everything's great.
yannicksamlad
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by yannicksamlad »

Well I thought the GP2 guys really showed F1 something. Aggressive racing, passing was tricky but possible, and the drivers were willing to have a go, and not just waiting for tyre degradation or a pitstop.
Very entertaining. Hugely helped by the tyres not being ridiculous, and the DRS having only a marginal effect, and having cars that can follow each other. .
Renault World Series has a lot to live up to ( and hasn't always done so) tomorrow.
Londoner

Post by Londoner »

Red flag in the FR3.5 race after an enormous accident at St Devote involving Van Buuran and Bonifacio. The speed they went into the tyre barrier was sickening. :|
Fetzie on Ferrari wrote:How does a driver hurtling around a race track while they're sous-viding in their overalls have a better understanding of the race than a team of strategy engineers in an air-conditioned room?l
yannicksamlad
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by yannicksamlad »

East Londoner wrote:Red flag in the FR3.5 race after an enormous accident at St Devote involving Van Buuran and Bonifacio. The speed they went into the tyre barrier was sickening. :|

Yes, as East Londoner wrote- that was scary. Van Buurens fronts weren't on the ground so no braking effect from them ...
I think I remember Michael Schumacher proposing having plates or defences behind the rear wheels to prevent tyre-to-tyre contact , entanglement and ramp effect, and also stop some of the spray effect in the rain. It seemed a great idea to me. Just something to make the cars deflect off each other rather than have tyre hit tyre and launch the car behind up off its front wheels.

The FR3.5 crew were a bit unruly actually- surprisingly so.
DanielPT
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by DanielPT »

yannicksamlad wrote:The FR3.5 crew were a bit unruly actually- surprisingly so.

No doubt there, given who ended up winning the race.

Colin Kolles on F111, 2011 HRT challenger: The car doesn't look too bad; it looks like a modern F1 car.
Londoner

Post by Londoner »

I'm reading on Twitter that the third FIA F3 race at Monza this morning was red flagged at half distance, and that EVERY driver in the field is under investigation. What the bloody hell went on there then? :P
Fetzie on Ferrari wrote:How does a driver hurtling around a race track while they're sous-viding in their overalls have a better understanding of the race than a team of strategy engineers in an air-conditioned room?l
pi314159

Post by pi314159 »

East Londoner wrote:I'm reading on Twitter that the third FIA F3 race at Monza this morning was red flagged at half distance, and that EVERY driver in the field is under investigation. What the bloody hell went on there then? :P

Driving standards have been pretty bad all weekend long, resulting in multiple safety cars each race and two cars flipping during race 2. So after the second safety car came out in race 3, they decided to red flag it.
pasta_maldonado wrote:The stewards have recommended that Alan Jones learns to drive.
novitopoli
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by novitopoli »

pi314159 wrote:
East Londoner wrote:I'm reading on Twitter that the third FIA F3 race at Monza this morning was red flagged at half distance, and that EVERY driver in the field is under investigation. What the bloody hell went on there then? :P

Driving standards have been pretty bad all weekend long, resulting in multiple safety cars each race and two cars flipping during race 2. So after the second safety car came out in race 3, they decided to red flag it.

Wow, that's pretty rejectful. :D
sw3ishida wrote:Jolyon Palmer brought us closer as a couple, for which I am grateful.

Ataxia wrote:
Londoner wrote:Something I've thought about - what happens to our canon should we have a worldwide recession or some other outside event?

We'll be fine. It's Canon, non Kodak.
AndreaModa

Post by AndreaModa »

I want my MTV...Simtek Ford

My Motorsport Photos

@DNPQ_
DemocalypseNow

Post by DemocalypseNow »

That incident just says it all, doesn't it? As we watch one car push another off the road and into a spin, there's another dude just casually rolling over several times in the background, as you do. One accident per corner isn't enough. Standard.

Also, what the heck was Lance up to? You try to shove a dude off the road (or just aren't aware he's even there), he holds his line, you trip up over his wheels...it was an inevitability. Both perpetrator and victim at once. Must do better!
Novitopoli wrote:Everytime someone orders at Pizza Hut, an Italian dies.
Novitopoli wrote:Juve's Triplete: Calciopoli, doping & Mafia connections.

Image Image
Dj_bereta

Post by Dj_bereta »

Stroll was very lucky, he could had hit his head in catch fence.
Waiting for Lotus hiring Johnny Cecotto jr.
yannicksamlad
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by yannicksamlad »

novitopoli wrote:
pi314159 wrote:

Wow, that's pretty rejectful. :D

Yes I saw it on Motors TV - all the races . A bit of a mixture of just getting it slightly wrong (slipstreaming up on the cars ahead seemed to catch a few out as they arrived at the braking zone a bit quicker- good job they dont have DRS) and then there was the possibly more deliberate 'edging' technique to squeeze others out . I don't like to see that taken to the extremes that are now common. Lance Stroll looked like he was doing too much of that squeezing ( surely he knew about the car he was about to swipe) ...
And the safety car just meant they kept bunched and did it all again ..

But the big rolls are just the unlucky result of lightweight single seaters catching the uneven ground as they go sideways on the grass and are lifted a bit on hitting the barriers. They put smooth tarmac at the edge of the Parabolica, when maybe it'd be better on the approach to the first chicane and the exit onto the Curva Grande...

And the FR3.5 crew continued to be quite lively- at a lower level of mayhem , but still ..

What the GP3 grid will make of Austria turns 1 and 2 ... I don't know....
Miguel98

Post by Miguel98 »

Sorry for the language, but...

Stroll is shite, shite, shite, shite, shite, shite. shite.
Mario on Gutierrez after the Italian Grand Prix wrote:He's no longer just a bit of a tool, he's the entire tool set.

18-07-2015: Forever in our hearts Jules.
25-08-2015: Forever in our hearts Justin.
AdrianBelmonte_

Miguel98 wrote:Sorry for the language, but...

Stroll is shite, shite, shite, shite, shite, shite. shite.

Nah, totally agree, Lance Stroll is the canadian Canamasas
#FoxesFansHooligans

#HaasShouldBeSoLucky
Londoner

Post by Londoner »

So it seems the events of Monza, and the bollocking they got from the authorities, has had precisely no effect on the FIA F3 field today. Driving standards (cough Lance Stroll cough) have been atrocious all day. Both races have had the leading three cars hitting each other going into Les Combes. And now this enormous accident for Menezes. Roll hoop destroyed and his helmet was damaged.

EDIT: A video of Menezes's crash has surfaced. If his car had flown a metre or so further over the armco, we'd be writing obituaries right now. :|
Salamander

Post by Salamander »

Sooooo disappointed in Lance Stroll. Thought he might be something great after last year, but his conduct this year has been quite appalling. Here's hoping somebody a bit more experienced has a sit-down with him and gets him to cut this nonsense out.
Everything's great.
Londoner

Post by Londoner »

Meanwhile in GP2, the VANDOORNEWINSLOL steamroller continues to roll on. Some brilliant racing all the way through the field during that feature race. Shoutouts to Alex Lynn and Artem Markelov for their great drives this afternoon.
Ataxia
Not Important

Post by Ataxia »

Fantastic drives from Fuoco and Mardenborough in the GP3; seemed Carlin really had the late-stage pace in their favour. Nice to see Ghiotto claim his first win, he looks amazingly quick this year.
Mitch Hedberg wrote:I want to be a race car passenger: just a guy who bugs the driver. Say man, can I turn on the radio? You should slow down. Why do we gotta keep going in circles? Man, you really like Tide...
The Dutch Bear

Post by The Dutch Bear »

East Londoner wrote:So it seems the events of Monza, and the bollocking they got from the authorities, has had precisely no effect on the FIA F3 field today. Driving standards (cough Lance Stroll cough) have been atrocious all day. Both races have had the leading three cars hitting each other going into Les Combes. And now this enormous accident for Menezes. Roll hoop destroyed and his helmet was damaged.

EDIT: A video of Menezes's crash has surfaced. If his car had flown a metre or so further over the armco, we'd be writing obituaries right now. :|

Stroll needs to be benched for a weekend or maybe kicked out of the Ferrari program, anyway a really big sign that he needs to chill out big time. His driving standards have been totally unacceptable and that move in the second race was just ******* dumb.

Menezes really dodged a canonball there during the crash and afterwards as the marshalls just flipped his car over after the crash. If Menezes had a neck or back injury that drop on the ground could have seriously harmed him.
mario

Post by mario »

The Dutch Bear wrote:
East Londoner wrote:So it seems the events of Monza, and the bollocking they got from the authorities, has had precisely no effect on the FIA F3 field today. Driving standards (cough Lance Stroll cough) have been atrocious all day. Both races have had the leading three cars hitting each other going into Les Combes. And now this enormous accident for Menezes. Roll hoop destroyed and his helmet was damaged.

Stroll needs to be benched for a weekend or maybe kicked out of the Ferrari program, anyway a really big sign that he needs to chill out big time. His driving standards have been totally unacceptable and that move in the second race was just ******* dumb.

Menezes really dodged a canonball there during the crash and afterwards as the marshalls just flipped his car over after the crash. If Menezes had a neck or back injury that drop on the ground could have seriously harmed him.

Todt has stated that the FIA intend to hold a second meeting with the drivers, although it sounds as if some of the drivers feel that the FIA should be holding face to face meeting with specific drivers and make it clear that they will penalise them harshly if there are further accidents rather than holding collective briefings.
http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/119598
Martin Brundle, on watching a replay of Grosjean spinning:
"The problem with Grosjean is that he want to take a look back at the corner he's just exited"
Dj_bereta

Post by Dj_bereta »

So, Stroll will get a harsh penalty after his second massive crash? He is doing worse than Canamassas.
Waiting for Lotus hiring Johnny Cecotto jr.
Salamander

Post by Salamander »

Dj_bereta wrote:He is doing worse than Canamassas.

That's a bit harsh. Canamasas has been an utter liability for years. Stroll's had 2 stupid crashes that were his fault, but let's not go overboard with the comparisons, alright?
Everything's great.
AxelP800

Post by AxelP800 »

YESSSS YESSSSS, HAHAHAAAAAA

Rio Haryanto for the win!
He upon seeing me accidentaly paint Belgian flag rotated 90 deg to right
tommykl returns from the bathroom
tommykl reads the chat logs
tommykl has a stroke
Londoner

Post by Londoner »

And yet another kek train in FIA F3, although Lance Stroll had already been told to go home by the stewards before the race. A shame Tatiana Calderon finished outside the points in the end, she was superb on the wet tyres during the first half of the race, whilst virtually everyone else was losing their heads.
Cynon

Post by Cynon »

Calderon was the only driver who didn't get slagged off by the broadcasters for attempting a passing move. First time a woman led a lap in F3, stole some headlines...

Good on you, Tatiana Calderon.
Check out the TM Master Cup Series on Youtube...
...or check out my random retro IndyCar clips.

Dr. Helmut Marko wrote: Finally we have an Australian in the team who can start a race well and challenge Vettel.