2018 Le Mans Series (Canceled)

Archive for the three above subforums
Gerudo Dragon

2018 Le Mans Series (Canceled)

Post by Gerudo Dragon »

Thought I'd make this to prevent spamming the planning thread, anyway this is for a Le Mans series (not thought of a name yet) I plan to run using GTR2 in 2018, maybe 2019 if I take too long lol

Cars
P1:
Porsche 962C
Sauber C9
Mazda 787B
Toyota GT-One
Bentley Speed 8
Mercedes CLR
Audi R18 e-tron quattro
Porsche 919 Hybrid
Toyota TS040 Hybrid

P2:
Courage LC70
Lola B05/40
Lola MG Ex257
Reynard 2KQ
Porsche RS Spyder Evo
Ford Doran JE4

GT: *
Dodge Viper GTS-R
Ferrari 550 Maranello
Cheverolet Corvette C5.R
Aston Martin DBR9
Porsche 993 GT2
Lamborghini Murcielago R-GT
Ford GT1
Maserati MC12

* GT class may switch from GT1 cars to GT2/GTE cars due to their use in the GT-R series

Calender (not in order)
24 Hours of Le Mans
Mil Milhas Brasil
6 Hours of Spa
6 Hours of Donington
Seaside Route 765km

Feel free to suggest cars/tracks/anything else below
Last edited by Gerudo Dragon on 20 Jun 2015, 06:44, edited 3 times in total.
Trump 2016
Normal32

Re: 2018 Le Mans Series (Planning)

Post by Normal32 »

Sounds good. I will suggest a few things if don't mind:

Cars:
Audi R15
Peugeot 908 (assuming theres one lol)
Pescarolo C60 (same lol)

Tracks:
Paul Ricard
Silverstone
Spa
Monza
Pasta_maldonado wrote:I think normal32 is an old English farmer re-incarnated
Bobby Doorknobs

Post by Bobby Doorknobs »

I think it'd be pretty cool if the calendar included the Triple Crown of Endurance Racing (Le Mans, Sebring and Daytona), as well as perhaps the 1000 km Monza and possibly a race or two in Asia, like the existing 6 hour races at Fuji and Shanghai.
#FreeGonzo
FMecha

Post by FMecha »

Add Nismo GT-R LMP (the one which did a rejectful job yesterday, it exists for GTR2) and maybe one or two GT500 car(s) and we'll set :)

Oh, and don't forget the DeltaWing!
PSN ID: FMecha_EXE | FMecha on GT Sport
Peteroli34

Post by Peteroli34 »

Im not sure about the inclusion of Group C cars I think modern LMP would be a better idea. Also if you have the Toyota TS040 you don't need to have the the GT-One unless of course you allow it to be renamed as a sort of privateer self built LMP car by one of the teams.

I would keep LMP1 limited to Manufactures with only a couple of privateer entries. LMP1 is more a manufactures domain so have less LMP1 cars and more LMP2 cars.

GT I think should be GT2/GTE canon already has GT1 cars but nothing below that.

As for more LMP2 anythng from the below list might work (provided they have it for GTR2 of course)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Le_Mans_Prototypes
DemocalypseNow

Post by DemocalypseNow »

I'm not sure mixing Group C cars from the 80s with modern LMPs is a great idea!

And for the GTs, maybe it's time we all went for something more modern? Have the 458s for Ferrari, the 991 RSR for Porsche, etc. And maybe get rid of the RS Spyder Evo - the same manufacturer in all three classes is a tad overkill. Balance is important.

Echo what petoli said - we don't need need the silly situation like ACO LMC where someone put an all-bronze lineup in an LMP1 car. In real life it just wouldn't occur.

Another big question to decide - to allow R/L drivers or not? Given it's 3 drivers per car, I'm guessing you would have to allow at least one R/L driver per car.
Novitopoli wrote:Everytime someone orders at Pizza Hut, an Italian dies.
Novitopoli wrote:Juve's Triplete: Calciopoli, doping & Mafia connections.

Image Image
AndreaModa

Post by AndreaModa »

We already have good coverage for GT cars. I'd like to see something that's dedicated purely for prototypes, a modern world sportscar championship.

I'd also like the opportunity for teams to build their own chassis should they want to.

I also agree with Biscione that the older Group C cars probably isn't a good idea. Let's try to keep it fairly realistic.
I want my MTV...Simtek Ford

My Motorsport Photos

@DNPQ_
Salamander

Post by Salamander »

It's important to keep in mind here that RRR has given no indication that he will continue to run GTRWC, so if that's the case, we will then be without a GT series. I would keep those on the table for now in one form or another - it can always be dropped later.

That said, I agree on cutting out the Group C cars.

Also, if they exist for GTR2, I'd like to see Karjala and Paris on the schedule. ;)
Sebastian Vettel wrote:If I was good at losing I wouldn't be in Formula 1.
Everything's great.
I'm not surprised about anything.
Klon
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Klon »

Salamander wrote:It's important to keep in mind here that RRR has given no indication that he will continue to run GTRWC, so if that's the case, we will then be without a GT series.

He says he always has a "plan B", so yeah...
Bobby Doorknobs

Post by Bobby Doorknobs »

I was going to wait until this morning to voice my opinion on cars but it seems that now I will just be echoing what others have said. So I will only post to say I agree with the notion that having Group C cars doesn't make a whole lot of sense. It would be almost like F1 announcing a return to the 3.5 litre formula. Sure, it would make for a great spectacle but it just wouldn't make sense nowadays. Also, more recent cars in general would be good, like the Peugeot 908 or even the Nissan GT-R LM for those who would take the risk.
#FreeGonzo
FMecha

Post by FMecha »

Mixing Group Cs with modern LMP1 sounds fun but would be balance-breaking, yes, I agree, so how about we replace the Group Cs with Dauer 962 GT1 instead?

On that note, does anyone else have objections to the Bentley and the CLR? I've wanted to see DeltaWing, McLaren F1 GTR, and a GT500 machine (if it doesn't break the balance).

I wholeheartedly support updating the GT roster, too. Also, DG, are you sure SR765 has a pit road?

:)
DemocalypseNow

Post by DemocalypseNow »

FMecha wrote:Mixing Group Cs with modern LMP1 sounds fun but would be balance-breaking, yes, I agree, so how about we replace the Group Cs with Dauer 962 GT1 instead?

On that note, does anyone else have objections to the Bentley and the CLR? I've wanted to see DeltaWing, McLaren F1 GTR, and a GT500 machine (if it doesn't break the balance).

I wholeheartedly support updating the GT roster, too. Also, DG, are you sure SR765 has a pit road?

All of these suggestions, honestly, they are not good at all and totally missing the points everyone else is making!

Everyone is suggesting the series should be period-appropriate. A Porsche 956 is definitely not the answer to that. Nor are cars like the F1 GTR, or JGTC cars. Especially when the 919 Hybrid is going to be there. One Porsche LMP model and one GT model is enough. We definitely don't need more per manufacturer than that. We have to avoid this becoming a retro rose-tinted wankfest.
Novitopoli wrote:Everytime someone orders at Pizza Hut, an Italian dies.
Novitopoli wrote:Juve's Triplete: Calciopoli, doping & Mafia connections.

Image Image
Salamander

Post by Salamander »

Klon wrote:
Salamander wrote:It's important to keep in mind here that RRR has given no indication that he will continue to run GTRWC, so if that's the case, we will then be without a GT series.

He says he always has a "plan B", so yeah...

That's not a commitment to anything for me.

Had a look for Karjala and Paris, sadly, Paris doesn't seem to exist, but I did find Karjala and Road One (Road Gatineau in canon). Both great tracks.
Sebastian Vettel wrote:If I was good at losing I wouldn't be in Formula 1.
Everything's great.
I'm not surprised about anything.
Gerudo Dragon

Post by Gerudo Dragon »

thanks for your suggestions, will make a new car/track list soon
Trump 2016
Gerudo Dragon

Re: 2018 Le Mans Series (Canceled)

Post by Gerudo Dragon »

Series canceled, sorry. I'd like to run something a bit simpler plus a le mans series is more suited to a program like pi's than a sim game.
Trump 2016
FMecha

Post by FMecha »

Biscione wrote:
FMecha wrote:Mixing Group Cs with modern LMP1 sounds fun but would be balance-breaking, yes, I agree, so how about we replace the Group Cs with Dauer 962 GT1 instead?

All of these suggestions, honestly, they are not good at all and totally missing the points everyone else is making!

Everyone is suggesting the series should be period-appropriate. A Porsche 956 is definitely not the answer to that. Nor are cars like the F1 GTR, or JGTC cars. Especially when the 919 Hybrid is going to be there. One Porsche LMP model and one GT model is enough. We definitely don't need more per manufacturer than that. We have to avoid this becoming a retro rose-tinted wankfest.

I would have dropped all of my car suggestions (except for the DeltaWing and updating the GTs) have this didn't happen:

Gerudo Dragon wrote:Series canceled, sorry. I'd like to run something a bit simpler plus a le mans series is more suited to a program like pi's than a sim game.

Another blow to endurance racing in GPR universe. :(