Forza Jules

The place for speaking your mind on current goings-on in F1
Izzyeviel

Re: Forza Jules

Post by Izzyeviel »

He would have gone on to be my favourite driver for sure. Jules fought in hospital as much as he did on the track. What a waste. What a stupid way to go. F1 hasn't been the same for me since.

:(
AustralianStig

Post by AustralianStig »

Today we lost the first F1 driver from a race incident since Ayrton Senna in 1994, after a long battle following his crash during the Japanese GP in 2014. Such a tragedy; not only one of the most likable young drivers on the grid, but was almost certainly destined for big things with the Ferrari team reportedly ready to sign him. A big reminder that the sport I love still remains extremely dangerous, despite modern advancements in technology. RIP Jules Bianchi 1989-2015.
Join the GP Rejects league at Fantasy F1: https://fantasy.formula1.com/join/?=2a1f25

CoopsII wrote:
Biscione wrote:To the surprise of no-one, Daniil Kvyat wins ROTR for Sochi, by a record margin that may not be surpassed for some time.

I always knew Marko read this forum.
AxelP800

Post by AxelP800 »

:cry: RIP Jules Bianchi. An awesome young talent in F1. Shown the pace, but gone too soon.
Rio Haryanto for the win!
He upon seeing me accidentaly paint Belgian flag rotated 90 deg to right
tommykl returns from the bathroom
tommykl reads the chat logs
tommykl has a stroke
LovelyFondmetal

Post by LovelyFondmetal »

It is hateful news, but it might be of some relief to the poor family :'( my thoughts are with them. A bright spirit who did not deserve to die so young :'(
WaffleCat

Post by WaffleCat »

Rest in peace, Jules Bianchi.

My friend's USB drive spoiled, spilled tea on her laptop and had a bird poo in her hand.

What did she do in her past life to deserve this?

Signup for the Random Racing League, Season TWO!!!
Shizuka

Post by Shizuka »

:( May he win races up there. Rest in Peace :(

Code: Select all

14:03   RaikkonenPlsCare   There's some water in water
Dom_Wings

Post by Dom_Wings »

GP Rejects should be having a Jules Bianchi subforum now :(

Au revoir Jules.
Join the GPR Discord server! https://discord.com/invite/6YDQ3aV
sswishbone

Post by sswishbone »

RIP Jules - a great future talent and very quiet and reserved, he would have certainly slotted in to Ferrari when the rules progressed in 2017, such a terrible shame :(
"Hispania are a waste of talent and petrol!" Martin Brundle, Australia Qualifying 2011

Live streams and podcasts from yours truly at http://www.youtube.com/user/sswishbone
AdrianBelmonte_

Post by AdrianBelmonte_ »

He's gone... farewell, Jules
#FoxesFansHooligans

#HaasShouldBeSoLucky
Miguel98

Post by Miguel98 »

This come very hard for everyone. A great talent, a great guy, who was destined to such great things with either Ferrari, or other teams. We will never forget him here at GP Rejects, and I hardly doubt that anyone will. Up there, he's driving now against the great ones. He was the hero Marussia deserved. Hopefully Marussia can now survive for 2016.
Mario on Gutierrez after the Italian Grand Prix wrote:He's no longer just a bit of a tool, he's the entire tool set.

18-07-2015: Forever in our hearts Jules.
25-08-2015: Forever in our hearts Justin.
Ferrarist

Post by Ferrarist »

It's very sad that such a promising career was cut short like that. Rest in Peace Jules. :(
MIA SAN MIA!
CoopsII

Post by CoopsII »

Gutted.
Just For One Day...
sw3ishida

Post by sw3ishida »

What can be said to do him justice, other than saying what everyone else has? The man whose drive in May 2014 pretty much saved his team, and it's a tragedy that he's now gone, but fortunately not forgotten. At least now we have some definitive closure on the incident and Jules can rest in peace, while we can remember him for the great talent he was. Rest well, Jules.
Pointrox

Post by Pointrox »

I cannot believe it :cry:

Thank you for everything Jules, and goodbye.
Last edited by Pointrox on 18 Jul 2015, 09:01, edited 1 time in total.
tommykl

Post by tommykl »

Lucien is waiting for him.

At least he won't be lingering on any longer.
kevinbotz wrote:Cantonese is a completely nonsensical f*cking alien language masquerading as some grossly bastardised form of Chinese

Gonzo wrote:Wasn't there some sort of communisim in the East part of Germany?
FullMetalJack
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by FullMetalJack »

I'm almost lost for words, all I can say is thank you for providing the biggest highlight of last year at Monaco. Merci Jules.
I like the way Snrub thinks!
DemocalypseNow

Post by DemocalypseNow »

Adieu.
Novitopoli wrote:Everytime someone orders at Pizza Hut, an Italian dies.
Novitopoli wrote:Juve's Triplete: Calciopoli, doping & Mafia connections.

Image Image
Spectoremg

Post by Spectoremg »

So Sad. RIP Jules.
DanielPT
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by DanielPT »

Oh no! :cry: I always kept hope that he would eventually wake up. RIP Jules Bianchi, you are a true hero for us...
Colin Kolles on F111, 2011 HRT challenger: The car doesn't look too bad; it looks like a modern F1 car.
went

Post by went »

I'd like to request an honorary unrejectification for this guy. Being the only driver to ever score points with one of The Three should count like a race win.

So sorry we didn't get to enjoy him more. RIP and thank you.
shinji
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by shinji »

Given the father's comments recently, it's perhaps a merciful turn of events that Jules has slipped away. The grieving process can properly begin and he can be remembered for the talented, ambitious and strong young man he was rather than a body lying in a bed.

RIP. An absolute tragedy which, for me, has completely shaken any real interest in F1. What's the point of it all when a healthy 25 year old can be taken away so pointlessly?
Better than 'Tour in a suit case' Takagi.
AdrianBelmonte_

Post by AdrianBelmonte_ »

A STATEMENT FROM THE MANOR MARUSSIA F1 TEAM
Saturday 18 July 2015, 10.00hrs BST
Silverstone, UK
The Manor Marussia F1 Team would like to communicate the following statement from John Booth, Team Principal.
“Words cannot describe the enormous sadness within our team this morning, as we come to terms with losing Jules. He has left an indelible mark on all our lives, and will forever be part of everything we have achieved, and everything we will strive for going forward.
“Jules was a shining talent. He was destined for great things in our sport; success he so richly deserved. He was also a magnificent human being, making a lasting impression on countless people all over the world. They recognised, as did we, that at the same time as being a fiercely motivated racer, he was also an extremely warm, humble and intensely likeable person, who lit up our garage and our lives.
“We are incredibly grateful that we were able to provide Jules with the opportunity to show the world what he could do in a Formula 1 car. We knew we had a very special driver on our hands from the first time he drove our car in pre-season testing in 2013. It has been an honour to be able to consider him our race driver, our team-mate, and of course our friend.
“Our thoughts and prayers are with the wonderful Bianchi family, who have remained so strong for Jules throughout the past nine months. In turn, Jules was an absolute credit to them.
“Finally, we would like to thank everyone who has supported Jules since his accident in Japan last October. Your kindness has been such a source of comfort to his family and to us, his team. We will rely on your continued support over the coming days and months as we race on for Jules.”
#FoxesFansHooligans

#HaasShouldBeSoLucky
Ataxia
Not Important

Post by Ataxia »

RIP Jules. You will be missed.
Mitch Hedberg wrote:I want to be a race car passenger: just a guy who bugs the driver. Say man, can I turn on the radio? You should slow down. Why do we gotta keep going in circles? Man, you really like Tide...
RAK

Post by RAK »

All condolences to his family. This is a very sad and tragic day for Formula One. Jules Bianchi was one of my favourite drivers for his willingness to transcend the limitations of the car he was driving and so it is especially sad to see him go without being able to fulfill his full potential.

Rest in peace, Jules.
Predicament Predictions Champion, 2011, 2018, 2019

They weren't the world's most competent team,
In fact, to be believed, their results must be seen,
Lola,
M-Mastercard Lola,
L, O, L, A, Lola!
Aguaman

Post by Aguaman »

I saw the news and it sucked but I wasn't surprised. Jules was a gun, who was only going to get better. It just shows how sport is still very dangerous and athletes are just amazing. The sporting community lost a great young athlete that was destined for success.

Taken too soon. R.I.P Jules Bianchi.
Backmarker

Post by Backmarker »

An absolute tragedy to lose a driver who was destined for greatness. A sobering reminder of F1's dangers.
The Iceman Waiteth
What if Kimi Räikkönen hadn't got his chance in 2001?
Nessafox
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Nessafox »

I can't add anymore to this than saying Rest In Peace.

Is there a thing as the Bianchi curse? Not too long after uncle Lucien got his F1 break with a freak result at Monte Carlo, he died. That's creepy.
I don't know what i want and i want it now!
Collieafc

Post by Collieafc »

This wrote:I can't add anymore to this than saying Rest In Peace.

Is there a thing as the Bianchi curse? Not too long after uncle Lucien got his F1 break with a freak result at Monte Carlo, he died. That's creepy.

Well there is already the Ascari curse - Alberto was only a few days onder than his dad, and passed away on the 26th.

R.I.P Jules. A very promising driver taken away too soon
DanielPT wrote:Life usually expires after 400 meters and always before reaching 2 laps or so. In essence, Life is short.
Meatwad

Post by Meatwad »

Terrible news.

Rest in peace, Jules.
Paul Hayes

Post by Paul Hayes »

Bugger.

He'll always have Monaco. I remember well the excitement of that result. In years to come, people may not be able to tell you who won that race, but they'll remember Bianchi's drive into the points.
Barbazza

Post by Barbazza »

In some ways this must be a blessed relief for his family, and the statement from his Dad recently seemed to be preparing everyone for this awful news.

It isn't any less sad though, and we have lost a great driver. RIP Jules.
Izzyeviel

Post by Izzyeviel »

Does anyone know of any good charities to donate to regarding head injuries? (sporting or non-sporting)

I was thinking maybe we as a community could set up a just giving page or something and raise a bit of money in his honour.
dinizintheoven

Post by dinizintheoven »

"Please release me, let me go..."

I can't add anything that hasn't already been said; all I can do is re-post my attempts to explain to a not-necessarily-F1 audience who may also not understand our fascination with the wrong end of the grid what Jules' Monaco miracle meant to us. There was the report from a week afterwards, and this morning's update after the inveitable conclusion.

With a bit of luck I've done Jules some justice.

This picture that Toleman have just reposted on Twitter is about as poignant as it gets... not to mention AndreaModa's comment from barely four days ago that is now horribly prophetic.

James Allen, on his favourite F1 engine of all time:
"...the Life W12, I can't describe the noise to you, but imagine filling your dustbin with nuts and bolts, and then throwing it down the stairs, it was something akin to that!"
The Dutch Bear

Post by The Dutch Bear »

RIP Jules

My condolences to the family that have suffered so much since the accident.

That Jules may race again with the greats up there in heaven.

Disparu, mais jamais oublié
roblo97

Post by roblo97 »

RIP Jules
Mexicola wrote:
shinji wrote:
Mexicola wrote: I'd rather listen to a dog lick its balls. Each to their own, I guess.

Does listening to a dog licking its balls get you excited?

That's between me and my internet service provider.

One of those journalist types.
270 Tube stations in 18:42:50!
The Passenger

Post by The Passenger »

Awful and shocking news to wake up to. Not unexpected, especially after Jules' father's statements a few days ago, but still very sad. I suppose there's a bit of solace to be found in the thought that Jules won't have to suffer any more or remain in a state worse than death, but I doubt that makes anyone feel any better at this moment. We've lost a bright young talent, but more importantly Jules' family and friends have lost a loved one. A son, a brother, a friend. My thoughts go out to them.

I'm reminded of the words of Clive James when he commented on Riccardo Paletti's death on the 1982 season review. To paraphrase: Danger is part of racing, and you can't stop men from looking for truth in danger. But Paletti, and now Jules, came to the end of his search awfully early.

Forza Jules.
Last edited by The Passenger on 18 Jul 2015, 14:41, edited 1 time in total.
We see the stars that shine so bright
Stars made for us tonight

I am not "The Passenger" from Autosport's forum
Salamander

Post by Salamander »

I'll never forget you gave me the best birthday present I could've ever hoped for last year. RIP Jules.
Sebastian Vettel wrote:If I was good at losing I wouldn't be in Formula 1.
Everything's great.
I'm not surprised about anything.
RonDenisDeletraz

Post by RonDenisDeletraz »

Truly tragic news, rest in peace
aerond wrote:Yes RDD, but we always knew you never had any sort of taste either :P

tommykl wrote:I have a shite car and meme sponsors, but Corrado Fabi will carry me to the promised land with the power of Lionel Richie.
pasta_maldonado
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by pasta_maldonado »

Heard the news just now, and to echo what has already been said, was extremely shocked. We all knew he was critical, but we all hoped, believed he would pull through.

Absolutely tragic news. We'd almost become complacent, then two deaths in what really is a short space of time, both due to similar accidents, really is upsetting. Let's hope that real safety improvements can come of this, not knee-jerk reactions.

R.I.P. Jules. We only were to glimpse your talent, taken from us too soon.
Klon wrote:more liek Nick Ass-idy amirite?
Londoner

Post by Londoner »

RIP Jules. He'll be with Lucien on the starting grid in the sky. :(
Fetzie on Ferrari wrote:How does a driver hurtling around a race track while they're sous-viding in their overalls have a better understanding of the race than a team of strategy engineers in an air-conditioned room?l