Your Reject of the Race - Hungary

The place for speaking your mind on current goings-on in F1
Enforcer
Site Donor
Site Donor

Re: Your Reject of the Race - Hungary

Post by Enforcer »

mario wrote:Now, earlier in the race the team were advising Rosberg to use the soft tyres for the next stint - I can only assume that Rosberg chose to overrule the team, and I am not entirely sure what benefit he saw in doing so.

Well they did stop a few laps early because of the Safety Car, maybe there was a concern about the softs falling off before the end of the race if they put them on then.

You have to assume the team's intention when putting him on the mediums mid-race was to have him on soft tyres at the end, and without the SC they'd have talked him around to that - bear in mind we only got one comment about him planning to go with medium tyres for his last stint and didn't hear any subsequent chatter.

No reason for doing the middle stint on mediums otherwise.
rachel1990

Post by rachel1990 »

Simtek wrote:Was going to write up a lot of nominations, but this pretty much covers it for me:
East Londoner wrote:As per my post in the discussion thread, it has to be the entire field bar Vettel, Alonso and the Manors.

Lewis Hamilton fluffed the start, blamed Rosberg for shoving him off the track (when it was entirely his fault), then made a total mess of the SC restart. Given his race, he kinda doesn't deserve to be leaving here with an extended points lead..

Nico Rosberg had no answer to Hammy or the Ferraris. For some daft reason, he wanted the slower medium tyres for his last stint. If he'd gone to the softs, he'd have eaten Vettel for lunch within three laps of the restart, and won this race by a canter. This is how titles are lost.

Kimi Raikkonen's MGU-K denied him a deserved 2nd position.

Daniel Ricciardo went #yolo once too many whilst trying to pass Rosberg.

Daniil Kvyat perhaps doesn't deserve to be mentioned here, given he finished 2nd. Regardless, that was silly to pass there, and he got 10 seconds added to his time.

Valtteri Bottas was anonymous all race. In a race like this, that takes effort.

Felipe Massa was godawful. Mistake-strewn race, and responsible for the aborted start.

Jenson Button was crushed by Alonso.

Nico Hulkenberg's front wing, for denying him a solid points finish, and causing a scary accident. That being said, it gave us those crazy last 20 laps...

Sergio Perez turned into Maldonado at turn one. Very silly mistake.

Romain Grosjean copped a penalty for a silly incident in the pitlane.

Pastor Maldonado. Pastor y, y u do dis? :(

Max Verstappen caused Bottas's puncture. Also copped a DTP for missing the VSC delta time.

Carlos Sainz Jr had no answer to Verstappen all weekend

The Saubers were plain slow all weekend. Remember when Nasr was the fastest car on the straight at Melbourne? Seems a very long time ago now...

I can't bring myself to nominate the Manors, given Jules's passing

Yep this is my one to. Wow what a race
Benetton of 1992. Never a reject
Peteroli34

Post by Peteroli34 »

The entire field bar Vettel, Alonso and the Manors for reasons already explained
James1978

Post by James1978 »

Not trying to stick up for Hamilton here, but surely Maldonado's hat-trick of penalties is an absolute slam-dunk?
"Poor old Warwick takes it from behind all throughout this season". :) (Tony Jardine, 1988)
UncreativeUsername37

Post by UncreativeUsername37 »

Mercedes drivers. Which is obviously one of the things that made the race so great, but still.
Rob Dylan wrote:Mercedes paying homage to the other W12 chassis by breaking down 30 minutes in
DOSBoot

Post by DOSBoot »

1. Hamilton: Scrubbed the start. Missed a chicane, and blamed Rosberg for it, collided with Riccardo, got a drive through penalty. It was pure luck that he managed to finish ahead of his teammate.

2. Maldonado: Three penalties in one race?!

Dishonorable Mentions:

Mercedes: First podiumless race for them as a team, and engine manufacturer in a while.

Williams: Bottas out of the points with a flat tire, Massa drops way......way back.

Sauber: Never took advantage of the attrition.

Raikkonen's Car: Cruely robbed him of a well deserved 2nd place.
Last edited by DOSBoot on 27 Jul 2015, 02:46, edited 1 time in total.
Proud supporter of the United States 2nd Amendment.

2012 Predicament Predictions Champion.
Aguaman

Post by Aguaman »

James1978 wrote:Not trying to stick up for Hamilton here, but surely Maldonado's hat-trick of penalties is an absolute slam-dunk?

Pretty much. If Pastor just got a drive through the I would have given it to Lewis but good old Pastor.
More_Blue_Flags

Post by More_Blue_Flags »

There was plenty of competition of ROTR, but the Pastor wasn't going to be deterred by that. Is he trying to collect a complete set of penalties to display in the pool room?
CoopsII wrote:Wouldnt it be lovely if just for once someone said "I really want to emulate Boutsen and get a decent, if not spectacular, result with some solid points".
LeytonHouse

Post by LeytonHouse »

Mercedes Drivers – Shocking performances from both championship contenders. I expect LOLDONADO to get 3 penalties, I expect Williams to be slow on a tight and twisty track, I don’t expect the following…

Rosberg – No pace all weekend. Left for dead by the Ferrari’s in the race. Dat tyre choice. Clumsy collision with Ricciardo cost him big point swing to Lewis. He's literally gifting his team-mate the title at the moment.

Hamilton – Bad start. Overly cautious into turn 1. Outbraked himself at the chicane (and then blamed Rosberg). Bad SC restart which left him defending against Ricciardo into T1. Couldn’t live with being passed on the outside, so simply took the Aussie out (okay, maybe he just outbraked himself... again :facepalm: ).

Fun race though! :D
"A GP2 car is faster than my Caterham" - Kamui Kobayashi (Pre-season testing 2014)
Rob Dylan

Post by Rob Dylan »

DOSBoot wrote:Mercedes: First podiumless race for them as a team, and engine manufacturer in a while.

Wow, I just checked and it's actually been since Brazil 2013 when neither Mercedes driver was on the podium. Take a deep breath, people, because it may be just as long before the next non-Mercedes podium!
Murray Walker at the 1997 Austrian Grand Prix wrote:The other [Stewart] driver, who nobody's been paying attention to, because he's disappointing, is Jan Magnussen.
Felipe Nasr - the least forgettable F1 driver!
good_Ralf

Post by good_Ralf »

Rob Dylan wrote:Wow, I just checked and it's actually been since Brazil 2013 when neither Mercedes driver was on the podium. Take a deep breath, people, because it may be just as long before the next non-Mercedes podium!

You say that, but that may not be the case. Sometimes whenever a driver or teams' win/podium streak is broken, the bad result repeats itself more often soon afterwards.
In USA 2006 Alonso finished off the podium for the first time in almost a year, and then for the rest of the season he came nowhere near the top 3 in a lot of races. Or when Raikkonen retired in Spa 2013, it was his first non-score since China 2012, and then he had a few pointless races shortly after that!
Mind you, now I've said that, what you've predicted is certain to come true!
Check out the position of the sun on 2 August at 20:08 in my garden

Allard Kalff in 1994 wrote:OH!! Schumacher in the wall! Right in front of us, Michael Schumacher is in the wall! He's hit the pitwall, he c... Ah, it's Jos Verstappen.
Warren Hughes

Post by Warren Hughes »

As mentioned, a lot of candidates for ROTR but I personally would give it to Mercedes drivers - it's as if they've got so used to just driving away from the rest of the field that they've forgotten how to drive in the pack and go wheel to wheel. There was a sign of this at Silverstone too, when Hamilton bathplugged up the SC restart to let Bottas through, while trying to overtake Massa.
Nico Rosberg wrote:Break me down mentally? Good luck with that one.

:roll:
KL-racer

Post by KL-racer »

Well, it was a lot of choices indeed for this one. In the end, I will have to choose Maldonado for his 3 penalties in the same race. How often do you see that in a modern F1 race? Honorable mention goes to BOTH Mercedes drivers for a sloppy effort throughout!

And for once, I was on the edge of my seat while watching it, and likewise my dad didn't fall asleep during the race for the first time this season!
Now posted to PMMF . . . F1 management 2011!

After yet another long intermission . . . I finally posted round 8. What will happen in the second half? Stay Tuned
CoopsII

Post by CoopsII »

Maldonado - for being the little roister doister that he is
Raikkonens car - not the boy's fault but missing out on a decent result again could prove costly for his 2016 prospects.
Just For One Day...
DanielPT
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by DanielPT »

1- Mercedes drivers.

2- Maldonado. 3 penalties is a record surely?
Colin Kolles on F111, 2011 HRT challenger: The car doesn't look too bad; it looks like a modern F1 car.
Fetzie

Post by Fetzie »

CoopsII wrote:Maldonado - for being the little roister doister that he is
Raikkonens car - not the boy's fault but missing out on a decent result again could prove costly for his 2016 prospects.

Losing out on an almost-certain 2nd to a car problem probably makes him look less bad than finishing the race behind Vettel (or, god forbid, a Red Bull).
CoopsII

Post by CoopsII »

Press_Play2002 wrote:Anyone who was involved in an incident/crash or penalised All were having a crap day and some (looking at you Lewis) refused to admit their faults. Not to mention the Incessant droning on of Bi-sodding anchi COME ON PEOPLE, WE GET IT! YOU'RE VERY UPSET ABOUT HIS DEMISE! MOVE. ON.
/rant over.

So yeah, most if not all who were penalised today should be worthy of being awarded of this prestigious award. That is all.

Who the hell is this idiot?
Just For One Day...
Bobby Doorknobs

Post by Bobby Doorknobs »

CoopsII wrote:
Press_Play2002 wrote:Anyone who was involved in an incident/crash or penalised All were having a crap day and some (looking at you Lewis) refused to admit their faults. Not to mention the Incessant droning on of Bi-sodding anchi COME ON PEOPLE, WE GET IT! YOU'RE VERY UPSET ABOUT HIS DEMISE! MOVE. ON.
/rant over.

So yeah, most if not all who were penalised today should be worthy of being awarded of this prestigious award. That is all.

Joey Zyla? Umatbru? Alex Wurz? Bertrand Gachot? Could be anyone. It could be any one of us, even Biscione.
#FreeGonzo
Enforcer
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Enforcer »

CoopsII wrote:
/rant over.

He's just trying to edgy.
CoopsII

Post by CoopsII »

Simtek wrote:It could be any one of us, even Biscione.

Oh, I see. First he creates the provocative member, then he bans said provocative member just to show us all what could happen if we mess with "the Don".

:chilton:
Just For One Day...
DemocalypseNow

Post by DemocalypseNow »

CoopsII wrote:
Simtek wrote:It could be any one of us, even Biscione.

Oh, I see. First he creates the provocative member, then he bans said provocative member just to show us all what could happen if we mess with "the Don".

:chilton:

You learn fast, my child.
Novitopoli wrote:Everytime someone orders at Pizza Hut, an Italian dies.
Novitopoli wrote:Juve's Triplete: Calciopoli, doping & Mafia connections.

Image Image