Reject of the Race - Belgium 2015

The place for speaking your mind on current goings-on in F1
CoopsII

Re: Reject of the Race - Belgium 2015

Post by CoopsII »

Williams - C'mon guys, they're different colours!
Vettel - They're tyres Seb, not Magic Tyres.
Just For One Day...
dr-baker

Post by dr-baker »

I nominate my Sky HD box. Because of church, I normally watch the race on a bit of a delay. Yesterday, I started watching the pre-race grid walk at about 1:30 pm, so a fair bit of delay. Anyway, just past half-race distance, the recording just stopped. Nothing else. Very frustrating. No idea what was wrong, because we were also recording the BTCC on ITV4 at the same time (began earlier, finished later), and that recorded fine. Official reason given on the box was something about a recording clash, bu nothing else was recording other than the BTCC... Ended up watching the highlights on BBC3 later in the evening. And that recorded just fine. Grrr.
watka wrote:I find it amusing that whilst you're one of the more openly Christian guys here, you are still first and foremost associated with an eye for the ladies!
dinizintheoven wrote:GOOD CHRISTIANS do not go to jail. EVERYONE ON FORMULA ONE REJECTS should be in jail.
MCard LOLA
Izzyeviel

Post by Izzyeviel »

Vettel for blaming Pirelli for his puncture and not the fact he was busy cutting corners.
LeytonHouse

Post by LeytonHouse »

1) Williams - Throwing valuable points away in such an unnecessary manor. Bottas must be ruing the day Ferrari signed Raikkonen for another year.

2) Honda - Aiming to match Ferrari in engine performance, they seem to have lost all perceptions of reality.

Dishonorable mention - Vettel - Blasting Pirelli after a risky strategy didn’t pay off.
Last edited by LeytonHouse on 24 Aug 2015, 11:42, edited 1 time in total.
"A GP2 car is faster than my Caterham" - Kamui Kobayashi (Pre-season testing 2014)
golic_2004

Post by golic_2004 »

Salamander wrote:Ricciardo's car. I think he could've threatened Grosjean for 3rd on the option tyres had it not died on him.

Agreed. The engine prevented Ricciardo from getting two consecutive podiums.

If not him then "Evil Seb" for acting like a crybaby on Pirelli for his one-stop strategy just not coming to plan.
Williams in the last few years http://imgur.com/sNFFMYF
Belegur

Post by Belegur »

I would sugged Maldonaldo is in the running, because he apparently caused the faiure of his car.

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/120475

Pastor Maldonado's second-lap retirement with a loss of power in the Belgian Grand Prix was "self-inflicted", according to his Lotus Formula 1 team.

The Venezuelan went off track at Eau Rouge, damaging his clutch control system, and forcing him into retirement for the seventh time in 11 races this season.

The incident came after a crash that Maldonado described as "very unlucky" during Friday practice at Spa and three separate penalties that he incurred at the previous race in Hungary.

"Maldonado's retirement was self-inflicted," said Lotus trackside operations director Alan Permane.

"He had a huge off at Eau Rouge. That damaged the clutch-control system.

"The valves were damaged and that locked his clutch out. That's why he couldn't get back."
AdrianSutil

Post by AdrianSutil »

Belegur wrote:I would sugged Maldonaldo is in the running, because he apparently caused the faiure of his car.

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/120475

Pastor Maldonado's second-lap retirement with a loss of power in the Belgian Grand Prix was "self-inflicted", according to his Lotus Formula 1 team.

The Venezuelan went off track at Eau Rouge, damaging his clutch control system, and forcing him into retirement for the seventh time in 11 races this season.

The incident came after a crash that Maldonado described as "very unlucky" during Friday practice at Spa and three separate penalties that he incurred at the previous race in Hungary.

"Maldonado's retirement was self-inflicted," said Lotus trackside operations director Alan Permane.

"He had a huge off at Eau Rouge. That damaged the clutch-control system.

"The valves were damaged and that locked his clutch out. That's why he couldn't get back."

Although that sounds a bit wrong for the team to criticise him, I did notice on the lap he retired that he took an almighty whack of the kerb at the top of Eau Rouge, so I can see how it may have caused the failure.

Still a bit harsh for the team to blame him, it would be like Ferrari blaming the Vettel tyre failure on him continually cutting corners...

Anyway, my ROTR is obviously Williams. Someone mentioned in the chatroom that their rear-wing resembled a barn door, such was it's size.
RIP NAN - 26/12/2014
RIP DAD - 9/2/2015

Currently building a Subaru Impreza to compete in the 2016 MSV Trophy.
PremierInn spokesperson for Great Ormond Street Hospital
go_Rubens
Location: A raging river somewhere in the Eastern (cough) United States (cough)

Post by go_Rubens »

Williams - Absolutely no contest. Such a pit stop error has been made before (Hockenheim 2010 - Force India), but nevertheless, an inexcusable error.
Felipe Baby, Stay Cool

Albert Einstein wrote:Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.
Faustus
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Faustus »

Only just finished watching the race this morning on my DVR, ass unfortunately I couldn't watch it on sunday, so I've been watching in drips and drabs since Monday.
Williams, definitely. Piss poor performance.
Following Formula 1 since 1984.
Avid collector of Formula 1 season guides and reviews.
Collector of reject merchandise and 1/43rd scale reject model cars.