ARWS '18 - Vote for ROTY!!

In honour of our fallen comrade. Archive of all previous canon series across all disciplines.
Aerond
Site Donor
Site Donor

Re: AUTO REJECT WORLD SERIES '18 -Prefered Race time poll Pa

Post by Aerond »

Hello guys; I can confirm that ARWS Adelaide will happen on Friday night, at around 9PM.
Pre-Qualifying and Qualfying will happen from around 5PM on the same day, so upgrades and mechanical sympathy changes must be asked for before 4PM Friday.
Tread lightly in ARWS. Every decision might be your last.
MinardiFan95

Re: AUTO REJECT WORLD SERIES '18 -Prefered Race time poll Pa

Post by MinardiFan95 »

Simpson Motorsports livery for the Australian rounds: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B0NIgz ... sp=sharing
This is a cool spot.
Aerond
Site Donor
Site Donor

Re: AUTO REJECT WORLD SERIES '18 - Adelaide Page 5 - Race to

Post by Aerond »

2018 Australian Grand Prix -- Adelaide -- 11th March 2018

VENUE: Adelaide Street Circuit
Length: 3,780 m
Laps: 84

Weather:
Pre-Qualifying: Dry
Qualifying: Dry
Race: Dry

PRE-QUALIFYING

1.Fredo Mestolio (Fusion) -- 1.06.908
2.Alessandro Lucarelli (Kjellerup) -- 1.06.993 (+0.085)
3.Nick Nurmester (Kjellerup) -- 1.07.060 (+0.152)
4.Terry Hawkin (Fusion) -- 1.07.391 (+0.483)

5.Shinobu Katayama (Venturi) -- 1.07.780 (+0.872)
6.Wouter Lamberigts (Blokkmonsta) -- 1.07.901 (+0.993)
7.Shane Walsh (Gillet) -- 1.07.908 (+1.000)
8.Jari Kekkonen (USD) -- 1.08.054 (+1.146)
9.Jean-Vincent Albertini (Venturi) -- 1.08.064 (+1.156)
10.Nicolas Steele (Blokkmonsta) -- 1.08.376 (+1.468)
11.Miko Fakkinen (RLR) -- 1.08.383 (+1.475)
12.Naoki Shinjo (USD) -- 1.08.706 (+1.798)
13.Rosco Vantini (Kamaha) -- 1.08.932 (+2.024)
14.Tomo Kazama (Tassie) -- 1.09.301 (+2.393)
15.Akira Yamamura (Tassie) -- 1.09.616 (+2.708)
16.Kazuki Fushida (Mecha) -- 1.11.645 (+4.737)
17.Daniel Melville (Kamaha) -- No time
18.Hansuke Shioya (RLR) -- No time
19.Aurelien Moll (Gillet) -- No time
20.John Bean (Mecha) -- No time

** Kjellerup escape Pre-Qualifying for Round 2

QUALIFYING

1.Alberto Cara (MRT) -- 1.06.631
2.Fredo Mestolio (Fusion) -- 1.06.953 (+0.322)
3.Terry Hawkin (Fusion) -- 1.07.024 (+0.393)
4.Dan Greenlaw (Voeckler) -- 1.07.025 (+0.394)
5.Nick Nurmester (Kjellerup) -- 1.07.025 (+0.396)
6.Alexey Buyvolov (Simpson) -- 1.07.105 (+0.474)
7.Phillippe Nicolas (MRT) -- 1.07.190 (+0.559)
8.Danny van Rijkens (Gauthier) -- 1.07.223 (+0.592)
9.Bastiaan van Nieuwenhuijzen (Gauthier) -- 1.07.312 (+0.681)
10.Wouter Lamberigts (Blokkmonsta) -- 1.07.342 (+0.711)
11.Diego Alvarez Torrente (Jones) -- 1.07.347 (+0.716)
12.Thomas de Bock (Voeckler) -- 1.07.348 (+0.717)
13.Jean-Luc Schiller (Simpson) -- 1.07.427 (+0.796)
14.Jeant-Vincent Albertini (Venturi) -- 1.07.427 (+0.796)
15.Alessandro Lucarelli (Kjellerup) -- 1.07.502 (+0.871)
16.Marko Jantscher (NRE) -- 1.07.627 (+0.996)
17.Martin McFry (NRE) -- 1.07.660 (+1.029)
18.Shinobu Katayama (Venturi) -- 1.07.705 (+1.074)
19.Mark Dagnall (Jones) -- 1.07.732 (+1.101)
20.Marco Bizzarri (Revolution) -- 1.07.821 (+1.190)
21.Carter Simpson (Rosenforth) -- 1.07.990 (+1.359)
22.Gregor Pascal (Rosenforth) -- 1.08.061 (+1.430)
23.Nicolas Steele (Blokkmonsta) -- 1.08.267 (+1.636)
24.Quentin Reatherson (PORE) -- 1.08.663 (+2.032)
25.Ashley Watkinson (Aeroracing) -- 1.08.852 (+2.221)
26.David Neuberg (PORE) -- 1.08.857 (+2.226)
DNQ.Andrej Kremnicky (Revolution) -- 1.08.935 (+2.304)
DNQ.Renaldo Jimenez (Aeroracing) -- 1.09.063 (+2.432)

** Aeroracing will race in Pre-Qualifying from Round 2

RACE

1.Phillippe Nicolas (MRT) -- 1h40m11.770
2.Jean-Luc Schiller (Simpson) -- +19.315
3.Bastiaan van Nieuwenhuijzen (Gauthier) -- +21.553
4.Nick Nurmester (Kjellerup) -- +28.868
5.Marko Jantscher (NRE) -- +57.121
6.Gregor Pascal (Rosenforth) -- +1 Lap
7.Alessandro Lucarelli (Kjellerup) -- +1 Lap
8.Diego Alvarez Torrente (Jones) -- +1 Lap
9.Ashley Watkinson (Aeroracing) -- +2 Laps
10.Nicolas Steele (Blokkmonsta) -- +2 Laps
11.Martin McFry (NRE) -- +3 Laps
12.Carter Simpson (Rosenforth) -- +3 Laps
13.Terry Hawkin (Fusion) -- +8 Laps (*)
14.Shinobu Katayama (Venturi) -- +8 Laps (*)
DNF.David Neuberg (PORE) -- Oil Leak
DNF.Dan Greenlaw (Voeckler) -- Transmission
DNF.Jean-Vincent Albertini (Venturi) -- Throttle
DNF.Wouter Lamberigts (Blokkmonsta) -- Accident
DNF.Mark Dagnall (Jones) -- Accident
DNF.Thomas de Bock (Voeckler) -- Accident
DNF.Fredo Mestolio (Fusion) -- Engine
DNF.Quentin Reatherson (PORE) -- Transmission
DNF.Alexey Buyvolov (Simpson) -- Accident
DNF.Alberto Cara (MRT) -- Electrical
DNF.Marco Bizzarri (Revolution) -- Transmission
DNF.Danny van Rijkens (Gauthier) -- Suspension

DOTR Jean-Luc Schiller: Excellent pace and consistency to achieve 2nd from 13th
ROTR Jones Racing: Everything went wrong for the reigning constructor champions.
Fastest Lap Dan Greenlaw (Voeckler) -- 1.07.950

Sponsorship Achievements

PRISON BREAK -- Kjellerup
THE HERO WE DESERVE -- Mecha (x2); Kamaha; RLR; Gillet
COVER VERSION -- Venturi
OHAI MANFRED -- NRE
CAMEO -- Gauthier
ON THE BOARD -- MRT, Simpson, Gauthier, Kjellerup, NRE, Rosenforth
FLYING START -- MRT
THE APPRENTICE -- Kjellerup, Gauthier
YOUNG GUN -- Gauthier
QUICK LEARNER -- Kjellerup

Bans

**One race suspended ban for Shane Walsh; Dangerous movement when rejoining the track in Pre-Qualifying

**One race ban and One race suspended ban for Mark Dagnall for; on lap 49 of the race; first trying to rejoin the racing line after a spin without taking all the measures to avoid an accident, and 2nd don't stopping the car inmediately; therefore staying in the racing line and causing a non-voluntary collission with leader of the race Terry Hawkin.
Last edited by Aerond on 16 Feb 2016, 09:26, edited 5 times in total.
Aerond
Site Donor
Site Donor

Re: AUTO REJECT WORLD SERIES '18 - Adelaide Page 5 - LIVE NO

Post by Aerond »

Just wanted to point out that the new broadcast channel is;

http://www.twitch.tv/aerond
Ataxia
Not Important

Post by Ataxia »

Jacques Couteau wrote:We are happy with the pace of the car; we were unlucky not to get out of pre-qualifying at the first attempt, but we should managed to get out sooner rather than later. But this result leaves me sick. Terry had an oil leak whilst out front, and Fredo's engine didn't last the distance. We've done a complete check over, and it's just little, tiny things that have caused these issues...things that cost nothing to replace. We're not going to take any prisoners at Bathurst, we've assessed everything we need to do over the weekend. We HAVE to be flawless.

Marko Jantscher wrote:I'm satisfied with this optimal result. It is a pleasing scenario for all of us here.
Mitch Hedberg wrote:I want to be a race car passenger: just a guy who bugs the driver. Say man, can I turn on the radio? You should slow down. Why do we gotta keep going in circles? Man, you really like Tide...
SeedStriker

Post by SeedStriker »

Jari Kekkonen wrote:

It was a session of missed oportunities. The plan was simple, set a base time and then work on it to improve, and we did so, but the several crashes on turn 1 made it almost impossible to improve the times, even I was prey of that, losing the front wing. Still, the car felt good, and I was able to beat Shinjo in qualify, something that I thought would be difficult. I'm confident that we can get to actual qualify and race on the next round

Naoki Shinjo wrote:

What can I say? Being in the wrong time at the wrong place. I was following the plan, a base time, and then attack with all we got. Aside the turn 1 shenanigans that most of the field got, I was delayed by traffic in my initial base-time lap, which sadly, was the factor for the team to DNPQ. Like Kekkonen, I couldn't improve the time, and it's a shame, as the car really is nimble. It's only a matter of time until we can get to the actual qualify.
pi314159

Post by pi314159 »

Mattias Kjellerup wrote:What can I say? It was overwhelming. After testing, of course we were confident for our first weekend, but still, pre-qualifying is always a bit of a lottery. The times in pre-qualifying were a pleasant surprise. Not only did we pre-qualify easily, we even went faster on average than the title contenders at Fusion, so we're out of pre-qualifying for now.

With pre-qualifying out of the way, we could look forward to the rest of the weekend. Nick did an awesome job in qualifying, putting the car 5th on the grid. Sadly, we had a problem on Alessandro's car in the second session so he couldn't improve.

Still, we had already exceeded our own expectations by far. The race was really turbulent and exciting. Both drivers got good starts, but we were lacking a bit of race pace. Our strategy was not optimal as well, the three stops maybe even cost Nick a podium. I guess that's where our inexperience still shows a bit.

But we scored three points in our first race, so we could hardly have hoped for a better debut. The last ten laps, I was really biting my nails. This circuit is really hard on the cars, and quite a few drivers were having late-race problems. But in the end, Nick got it safely to the finish, so we will now go celebrating our three points before moving on to Bathurst.

Kazuki Fushida wrote:Of course I'm not happy with this result. A former Formula 1 driver should do better than that, even if my stint in F1 is quite some time ago now. But I'm still convinced that I can bring some valuable experience to the team. We just have to try to do better next time. Today nothing went right for us.
pasta_maldonado wrote:The stewards have recommended that Alan Jones learns to drive.
V8fan12

Post by V8fan12 »

Renaldo Jimenez wrote:Ah I could not qualify the car. And now we have to prequalify. Stupid me!

Philip Neumann wrote:Qualifying didn't go to well for us. However, Ashley did a great job in the race to place 9th. There is some promise.
Owner of the Peak Motorsport Group.

Biscione wrote:I mean, Renaldo Jimenez, could you ask for a more world class pay driver? Who even is Alexey Buyvolov, amirite?
Nuppiz
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Nuppiz »

Niko Nurminen wrote:Overall, this race was very good for us. Our qualifying result wasn't as good as we hoped, so we had to take a gamble and put Marko on a one-stop strategy which eventually paid off handsomely. Of course, we were helped quite a bit by drivers making errors or having their cars fail on them, but Marko still did an excellent job by not getting tangled in any mess himself. There was that contact with Lamberigts which cost us some time and got us worried for a while, but luckily the car didn't receive any serious damage and it probably didn't cost us any positions in the end.

Martin, meanwhile, had a more ragged race and I'm going to have a talk with him before the next weekend. Destroying the nosecone twice, then blocking your team mate whose about to lap you and is running in points just isn't good for the team.

We've got our points tally opened already, so anything that comes after this is an improvement on last season! I was also very glad that Nick managed to finish fourth, so in a way I had two drivers in points.

Nick Nurmester wrote:What a crazy race that was! Cars were retiring left right and centre, and it was impossible to know which position I was in until I was told that over team radio. The car felt really good to drive all weekend, though I struggled with tyre wear which is why I had to take a less than optimal three stop strategy to make the most of the pace we had. But in the end it all paid off - it's not often a rookie driver scores points in his first ARWS race, and the fact that this is Kjellerup's first race as well makes it all the more special! Bring on Bthurst!
Eurosport broadcast for the 1990 Mexican GP prequalifying:
"The Life, it looked very lifeless yet again... in fact Bruno did one, slow lap"
Salamander

Post by Salamander »

Guillaume Gauthier wrote:It was a great way to start our season. The new PURE-Hart engines limit our qualifying effectiveness, but our race pace is much improved now and it is thanks to a lot of hard work between our engineers in La Crau, and the engineers of PURE-Hart that this is possible.

It was very unfortunate for Danny to go out so soon, he was to have a less attacking race than Bastiaan, for sure, but I believe he would've been ultimately fighting for the podium with the way the race played out. But Bastiaan, well, I had quite high expectations for him and still he surpassed them! A podium on your debut is quite remarkable, but to do this despite a spin is incredible. Without that spin, he could have won today, but for sure there will be more opportunites for Bastiaan in the future. It is simply unfortunate that this cost us position to our rivals at Simpson, but with our pace today, I am more confident now that we will beat them.
Sebastian Vettel wrote:If I was good at losing I wouldn't be in Formula 1.
Everything's great.
I'm not surprised about anything.
the Masked Lapwing

Post by the Masked Lapwing »

Jimmy Rosenforth wrote:We scored a point? Well, that's my expectation for the season met. Well done Gregor! Although we have no idea why Carter was so slow. Oh well, probably just a weird one-off thing.
R.I.P.
GM HOLDEN
1948-2017
MinardiFan95

Post by MinardiFan95 »

Dave Simpson wrote:Really pleased with how the team performed this weekend, for Jean-Luc to put us on the podium from a mid field starting position was a brilliant effort and a great way to start the season. Alexey also did a great job until his shunt; it's always tough to race here, given that the slightest mistake often means you end up in the fence.

The engines ran faultlessly throughout the weekend, so a big thumbs up to the guys at Yamaha for providing a powerful and reliable unit... have to say it was nice to see our team finish ahead of all the Renault powered teams after the situation during the off season. Also great to finally give our loyal fans a great result at one of our home races, a lot of supporters in Adelaide have stuck by us since we debuted there in 2015 but the best we'd ever done there was a double DNF.
This is a cool spot.
DemocalypseNow

Post by DemocalypseNow »

Jimmy Rosenforth wrote:We scored a point? Well, that's my expectation for the season met. Well done Gregor! Although we have no idea why Carter was so slow. Oh well, probably just a weird one-off thing.

Antonio della Valle wrote:Were you asleep on the pitwall old man? I kept seeing him driving around without a front wing. The boy had so many accidents! I don't think the BBC will be hiring you as a pundit any time soon...

L'Equipe wrote:Voeckler performance has positives despite no score - JEV

Voeckler GPE team principal Jeremy-Etienne Voeckler was keen to focus on the positives of the opening weekend of the AutoReject World Series for his eponymous outfit, despite neither car reaching the finishing line.

"Dan Greenlaw's debut was an exemplary one," said the former Formula 1 driver. "He demonstrated today why he won the F2RWRS championship and Hawkin did not. He placed well in qualifying, and drove a flawless race, until the transmission robbed him of a deserved victory. He drove like an experienced veteran today when many were losing their heads, so his performance pleases us hugely."

There was less to celebrate on the other side of the garage, as reigning champion Thomas De Bock was wiped out of the race by Mark Dagnall while scything his way through the field from the middle of the grid.

"The accident was pure stupidity from Dagnall, but it would help if Thomas did not start so far back to begin with. Dan showed the capability of the car, and as the world champion, we expect Thomas to be leading by example. He knows his performance in qualifying is simply not good enough. He is going to struggle to win races if he can only qualify 12th. Of course, we need to see some improvement on that front, and we have some optimisim - no-one becomes world champion by accident, after all."

Gazzetta dello Sport wrote:Mixed feelings for Lucarelli after erratic debut

Merely one of a swathe of newcomers in ARWS this season, Alessandro Lucarelli, along with many others, were jockeying for an attention grabbing debut result, and despite showing a good turn of a pace, the Parmigiani driver was disappointed to finish in 7th place, given the number of high-profile retirements in the chaotic race.

"I am happy for the team, and disappointed for myself," explained the pensive Lucarelli. "Today Nick [Nurmester] showed the capability of the car. There is so much promise, and the team did a fine job all weekend. The setup of my car was not quite perfect for my liking, but the car has lots of usable downforce and is very drivable."

"I made too many silly mistakes, and threw away a potential Top 5 result. I'm not happy with myself, I am capable of better performances than I showed today. If the pace we showed today is legitimate and not just luck, then hopefully I can get some points on the board myself in the coming races."

Bizzarri let down by car once again after solid performance

Despite Slovak youngster Andrej Kremnicky claiming the glory result for Revolution last season, many elected instead to praise his pay-driver team-mate Marco Bizzarri for his consistency in taking the car to the races and doing his best. It was more of the same for the Japanese team, as Kremnicky failed to qualify for the race, while Bizzarri scraped into the Top 20.

A good start to the race saw him emerge into an arms-and-elbows fight over the places just outside the Top 10, however, as had happened so many times for him last season, the transmission on his Revolution car seized, and left him grinding to a halt at the Dequetteville Hairpin.

"It's a sad way to end the day, and not a positive start to the year for the team at all," said the Torinese pilot. "Only one car participating in the race, and it's one of the first to retire from mechanical problems. We need a big improvement. You can see with Gauthier that the powertrain has potential, we just didn't quite unlock that promise yet. Everyone in the team needs to work at the maximum to improve our situation, myself included. I give everything to these colours, and everyone must follow that same path."

With his team confirmed to be winding down at the end of this year, Bizzarri is especially under pressure to impress rival teams, as he will need to find new employment for 2019.

Rejectsport wrote:Van Nieuwenhuijzen with mixed feelings after podium in debut ARWS race

Bastiaan van Nieuwenhuijzen, signed by Gauthier to make his ARWS debut after winning last year's AutoReject 3.5 feeder series title, brought Gauthier another podium finish, but depsite the excellent result on his debut, the Dutchman was left wanting more.

"It was a day of ups and downs," he said. "For sure, there was great pace in the car, this is a very good sign. And I was able to unlock most of that pace for most of the race. But I made a stupid mistake and didn't react properly. Without these silly errors, there was a very serious possibility to challenge Phillippe Nicolas for victory. We had already overtaken him once in the race, and the car had the pace to do it again."

Despite the good debut result, van Nieuwenhuijzen was keen to do better still in the coming events.

"Everyone knows not all of the front-runners can finish every race in this series," he continued. "Maybe it will be me next time who suffers, I don't know, but while in terms of pace the Fusions appear to be too far out of reach, I think we can challenge the rest. With the right combination of events, I believe it's even possible to bring Gauthier its first victory. But I must improve as a driver over the course of the year to deliver such a result."

Watkinson points the finger at Jiménez?

Rumours circulating out of the Aeroracing garage purport that lead driver Ashley Watkinson is already at the end of his tether with team-mate Renaldo Jiménez, and is lobbying his team to promote test driver Daniel Martins to the Tropican's race seat.

Jiménez, who made several mistakes in qualifying, including an embarrassing spin at the first corner, was far off the pace of rivals in the session, the only driver who couldn't set a time faster than 1:09 in the entire group of 26. While Watkinson faired little better, he still made the cut, and finished the race in 9th position.

Now, with the team plummeting into the lottery of Pre-Qualifying, Peak Aeroracing's prospects for the coming events look grim, especially with high-flying teams like Fusion and Venturi still waiting to earn a permanent escape from the dreaded session.

All three drivers concerned are not new to the 'harrowing' experience of the Pre-Qualifying sessions. Watkinson spent most of 2016 buried at the rear of the timesheets with Prospec, Jimenez has been here before with CR, and Daniel Martins spent much of last year trying and failing to drag his former Sunshine team into Qualifying proper.
Novitopoli wrote:Everytime someone orders at Pizza Hut, an Italian dies.
Novitopoli wrote:Juve's Triplete: Calciopoli, doping & Mafia connections.

Image Image
pi314159

Post by pi314159 »

Auto Hebdo wrote:New Kjellerup to debut at Monza?

Auto Hebdo has learned from sources close to Ecurie Prenois that the completion of the new Kjellerup 018 is well ahead of schedule. So far, the team had only announced that the car would debut at the British Grand Prix at the very latest, but the exact date has been unknown.

Our sources suggest now that the two cars are under construction at the teams' base in Dijon-Prenois and are close to completion. A roll-out is apparently planned for late March.

Jean-Marc Hadamard, technical director at Ecurie Prenois, didn't set a date for the car's debut, but confirmed that the construction was going well.
pasta_maldonado wrote:The stewards have recommended that Alan Jones learns to drive.
FMecha

Post by FMecha »

Mahmud Effendi wrote:Two seconds off the pace is not good. Fushida still need to adapt. However, the biggest issue is that Bean's car had oil leak again just before starting PQ (just like what happened with Plaza last year) and we can't see his potentials yet.

Also Aerond, how the check in every 4 race thing will work? :?
PSN ID: FMecha_EXE | FMecha on GT Sport
DemocalypseNow

Post by DemocalypseNow »

In addition to Voeckler's upcoming test session, the team will also invest 100cr in the first Renault engine upgrade.

Image Image
tommykl

Post by tommykl »

Gillet "disappointed, but encouraged"
Following the opening round of the 2018 ARWS season in Adelaide, Tony Gillet, director of the eponymous team, has mixed feelings about the encouraging pace yet disappointing results.

"For sure, we seem to have to pace to prequalify regularly, Shane set the seventh-fastest time, and while Aurelien couldn't set a time, he is usually on the pace over one lap, so we're cautiously optimistic about our chances this year", said Gillet.

Unfortunately for the team, little went right aside from Walsh's time. Moll had an accident on his out lap and failed to set a time, although he was far from the only one to do so, and Walsh himself was handed a one-race suspended ban for rejoining the track in a dangerous manner after a spin at the opening chicane.

"With Fusion and Venturi still in prequalifying, making the main session will be a challenge at the start of this year, but one we hope to meet in due time."
kevinbotz wrote:Cantonese is a completely nonsensical f*cking alien language masquerading as some grossly bastardised form of Chinese

Gonzo wrote:Wasn't there some sort of communisim in the East part of Germany?
dr-baker

Post by dr-baker »

What led to McFry finishing 3 laps daown, when he qualified so close to his teammate?
watka wrote:I find it amusing that whilst you're one of the more openly Christian guys here, you are still first and foremost associated with an eye for the ladies!
dinizintheoven wrote:GOOD CHRISTIANS do not go to jail. EVERYONE ON FORMULA ONE REJECTS should be in jail.
MCard LOLA
DemocalypseNow

Post by DemocalypseNow »

dr-baker wrote:What led to McFry finishing 3 laps daown, when he qualified so close to his teammate?

He drove like a complete clown from start to finish. Two unscheduled stops for new front wings he snapped off after various prangs, spins from various unforced errors, blocked his own team-mate whilst being lapped by said team-mate. Generally a pretty horrific performance. Only Torrente was worse (who did pretty much the same things as McFry, the only difference being we expect a little better from him, being a race winner and all).

Image Image
dr-baker

Post by dr-baker »

Biscione wrote:
dr-baker wrote:What led to McFry finishing 3 laps daown, when he qualified so close to his teammate?

He drove like a complete clown from start to finish. Two unscheduled stops for new front wings he snapped off after various prangs, spins from various unforced errors, blocked his own team-mate whilst being lapped by said team-mate. Generally a pretty horrific performance. Only Torrente was worse (who did pretty much the same things as McFry, the only difference being we expect a little better from him, being a race winner and all).

Wait, is he Ben Fleet reincarnated?
watka wrote:I find it amusing that whilst you're one of the more openly Christian guys here, you are still first and foremost associated with an eye for the ladies!
dinizintheoven wrote:GOOD CHRISTIANS do not go to jail. EVERYONE ON FORMULA ONE REJECTS should be in jail.
MCard LOLA
DemocalypseNow

Post by DemocalypseNow »

dr-baker wrote:Wait, is he Ben Fleet reincarnated?

He has similar characteristics, yes. A very good qualifier, with questionable race pace (albeit far better race pace than the woefully slow Fleet). But make no mistake - Jantscher is the better driver at Nurminen RE this season.

McFry needs to keep his head straight and have luck to come close to his team-mates' end of season points tally. He will only score by taking advantage of others' misfortune whilst keeping true and steady himself. More performances like Adelaide and he will probably be out of a drive at the end of the year...or maybe even the half-way point of this season!

Image Image
AndreaModa

Post by AndreaModa »

Autosport wrote:Jones Temporarily Hospitalised After "Disgusting" Adelaide GP

Sammy Jones had to be taken to hospital last night upon the conclusion of the opening race of the 2018 ARWS season. It's understood the measure was just a precaution, owing to other team members' concerns of high blood pressure and a potential ruptured spleen.

The National Jones Ford Team boss saw both drivers, Mark Dagnall and Diego Alvarez Torrente, have appalling races with Dagnall crashing out and earning himself a one race ban, and Torrente off the pace and involved in a number of incidents through the race.

Following his release from hospital, where he was given the all-clear, Jones told reporters that the entire weekend performance had been "disgusting" and that team leader Dagnall would have been benched for the following race even if he hadn't been given the one race ban by the ARWS Commission.

Attention now turns to who Dagnall's replacement will be. Current reserve driver Terry Hawkin is already employed in a full-time race seat at rivals Fusion, and it would therefore appear that Jones will have to look outside of his own roster of younger drivers with AR3.5 Jones drivers Luke Gilson-Clarke and James Jones both too young and inexperienced to make the step up to the premier class yet.

Right, after that pathetic showing, I need to nominate a replacement for Dagnall at Bathurst. As pointed out above, I won't pull Hawkin from Fusion because he's just fine there. My AR3.5 drivers are too inexperienced, so the position is open to offers.
I want my MTV...Simtek Ford

My Motorsport Photos

@DNPQ_
Salamander

Post by Salamander »

AndreaModa wrote:Right, after that pathetic showing, I need to nominate a replacement for Dagnall at Bathurst. As pointed out above, I won't pull Hawkin from Fusion because he's just fine there. My AR3.5 drivers are too inexperienced, so the position is open to offers.

Kjellerup test driver and former race winner James Davies is available for the drive.
Sebastian Vettel wrote:If I was good at losing I wouldn't be in Formula 1.
Everything's great.
I'm not surprised about anything.
tommykl

Post by tommykl »

AndreaModa wrote:Right, after that pathetic showing, I need to nominate a replacement for Dagnall at Bathurst. As pointed out above, I won't pull Hawkin from Fusion because he's just fine there. My AR3.5 drivers are too inexperienced, so the position is open to offers.

F3RWRS frontrunner Eric Swerts is still looking for a drive at the moment. :pantano:
kevinbotz wrote:Cantonese is a completely nonsensical f*cking alien language masquerading as some grossly bastardised form of Chinese

Gonzo wrote:Wasn't there some sort of communisim in the East part of Germany?
CaptainGetz12
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by CaptainGetz12 »

BlokkmonstaRacing.de wrote:Adelaide Post-Race Comment: Off on the Right Foot

Author: Andrea Schnass

Since the team first got the greenlight to participate in ARWS we were cautious to not overdo or overextend our funding. Many teams as of late face financial crisis, with many new teams sliding in to take their places. Our goal is to regularly make it to qualifying, and this weekend shows that we have the pace to due so.

Lamberigts certainly has the pace to keep up on the timesheets, but Steele could use a bit more improvement. For Adelaide some teams only had one car set a time, which automatically nets them a DNPQ. Steele's run did have us grind our teeth, but our worries proved unfounded.

I won't sugar the pill: the race was absolute mayhem. No one could keep their car on the road, whether it be hotshot rookies or more-established veterans. Amidst this we told Steele and Lamberigts to keep it cool, but not even we could stay out of trouble for long.

Wouter's crash and subsequent chassis failure was totally down to driver error: He certainly has the pace, but he may need to reign in said driving during the race. We're a new team, and we can;t afford to total too many cars and stay within budget.

We won't have any testing between now and Bathurst, but we certainly need to look at and adjust our strategy. Amidst the chaos we got a good look at flaws in the team effort and we will hopefully bring better results at Bathurst.
Klon wrote:What did poor André do to you for him to be insulted like that?
Aerond
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Aerond »

DGN Management can offer a driver of the same roster in the figure of Jesus Plaza
Nuppiz
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Nuppiz »

Nurminen Management Associates can offer Tommi Hämäläinen as a replacement.
Eurosport broadcast for the 1990 Mexican GP prequalifying:
"The Life, it looked very lifeless yet again... in fact Bruno did one, slow lap"
Aerond
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Aerond »

Mark Dagnall, after having been cleared from the medical center:

I'm a little bit shaken but I'm fine, thanks for your interest (...) The accident? Yeah, I just spun exiting Turn 11, I was trying to control the car then I had this huge impact... but I didn't drive into the racing line or anything! The car just turned into that direction... after the crash; brakes weren't responding and I was a bit dizzy so I decided to keep it to the end of the straight, but this explanation wasn't enough for the stewards (...) The car? It felt good. Qualifying was crazy and pure survival; we had pace to qualify around 10th, but I couldn't find a clean lap. A bit of lack of engine power, so whoever drives in Bathurst will suffer, as we will do in Monza as well. From there on, our season should be better.
HawkAussie

Post by HawkAussie »

Autosport wrote:Tassie Racing off to a stinker
The first race in Tassie Racing didn't off to the best of starts with both cars DNPQ in Adelaide. This was after Tomo Kazama and Akira Yamamura finished in 34th and 35th respectively which puts the team in 19th position after the first round with only Mecha behind them at this stage. After pre-qualifying, Matthew Saoea refused to comment on the result with his team starting to pack up his gear and start the trip to Bathurst for the next round in one week time.
Officially Retired
TomWazzleshaw

Post by TomWazzleshaw »

Speedcafe wrote:MRT delighted with Adelaide Victory

MRT Team Principle Pierre Depault was ecstatic with the pace shown by the team's two drivers Phillippe Nicolas and Alberto Cara at the ARWS season-opening Australian Grand Prix. With the opening salvo of the championship resulting in an early championship lead for Nicolas and the team, Depault was confident of future success, but was also quick to point out the long season ahead.

"It's great to leave Adelaide with a pole for Alberto and a win for Phillippe to open our account" exclaimed a pleased Depault. "We have both championship leads after race 1, but of course it is a very long season with 17 races still to go. We had a lot of fast guys hit trouble today who can all win on any given weekend, but we need to capitalise on their misfourtune like this to have a chance at the title. As far as race results go, we're more than capable of repeating performances like this for the rest of the year, and we expect our drivers to score more good results before the year is out."

With the next round of the championship in Bathurst next weekend, MRT and Nicolas will arrive at the Mount Panorama Circuit with a 3 point lead in their respective titles.

Pascal Relieved with First Points

After the struggles of the 2017 season as HRT, Rosenforth Engineering scored their first points finish of the season with Gregor Pascal at the helm. The former F2RWRS race winner brought the Rosenforth car home in 6th place, scoring the first points finish of his career as he took advantage of other people's misfourtune.

"I'm very happy to finish in the points for the first time with a new team." said Pascal shortly after the race. "After the issues myself and the team had over the off-season, I'm relieved that I finally scored a top 6 result after so long trying in different cars. Hopefully we can continue this form into the rest of the season, and hopefully begin the process of rebuilding the team."

AutoAction wrote:ADELAIDE WRAP: The Jones Dilemma

With one race done and dusted for the 2018 season, the big story after the race was the one race ban handed out to former 3-time AWRS champion Mark Dagnall for various on-track incidents during Sunday's 84 lap race. The Jones driver had a very poor showing with multiple collisions with other drivers before driver-steward, former AWRS driver Simon Redman, eventually decided to bench the Brit for next weekend's race at Bathurst.

The two issues now facing the team heading into Bathurst are who they'll name as their replacement, and what they'll do with Mark in the long-term. The first question has many answers, with both experienced names such as James Davies and Jesus Plaza, and rookies such as Tommi Hämäläinen and Gianluigi Pazzini being mentioned as potential supersubs for the former champion. With no shortage of options to choose from, Jones is expected to field two competitive entires come March 18.

The bigger issue however is Mark's growing frustrations off-track due to lack of success translating into his driving in recent months. The former champion had a few similar drives to his performance at Adelaide last season, resulting in disciplinary action taken by the stewards including a suspended race ban. Many believe that with Dagnall's lean run translating to over-driving on track, it's only a matter of time before Sammy Jones runs out of patience with his lead driver and start looking for a long-term replacement. With Jones Academy driver Terry Hawkin enjoying a stellar early debut with the Fusion team, many expect that the young Brit will get the call-up at Jones within the next few seasons at the expense of Dagnall

ADELAIDE WRAP: Jimenez Days are Numbered

With Aeroracing's woeful pre-season testing form continuing into the Australian Grand Prix, alarm bells have been ringing at the Kiwi-Spanish squad as the prospect of a very difficult season becomes ever-more likely. With the team looking for solutions to their form, many are pointing the finger at driver Renaldo Jimenez, signed at the last minute after losing Alexey Buyvolov to the Simpson team. With the team now facing the prospect of going through Pre-qualifying at the highly challenging Mount Panorama circuit, the odds are stacked against the works Audi squad with seemingly little light at the end of the tunnel. Coupled with test driver Daniel Martins waiting in the wings to move up to the race seat, and very few if any people in the paddock expect Jimenez to be in the car come the season's final race at Macau.

ADELAIDE WRAP:Trouble on the Horizon for RLR

With the influx of new teams for the 2018 season, several teams have been caught out and are now potentially struggling to remain on the grid for the 2019 season. One of these is sophomore squad Rob Lomas Racing, currently one of the teams mired in the lottery of pre-qualifying. After scoring a point at the hands of Shinobu Katayama in 2017, the team looks unlikely to make any headway in 2018, with drivers Hansuke Shioya and Miko Fakkinen both struggling to get to terms with the RLR-Audi package the team has produced. With rumours that Audi are potentially leaving the sport when their current contract with ARWS expires at the end of the 2020 season and little funds of development of the current car, the team's future in the sport looks far from secure.
Biscione wrote:"Some Turkemenistani gulag repurposed for residential use" is the best way yet I've heard to describe North / East Glasgow.
dr-baker

Post by dr-baker »

Douglas Mann wrote:This is the first time that an F1RWRS/ARWS race has taken place without me. And having competed in this series since 2010, it now seems strange watching from afar. Pippa and Ben are feeling similar, although they hadn't been in the series for quite as long as me. Do I miss it? A little, to be honest, but equally, the results for me as a driver, and for Foxdale as a team, had been fading for a few years now. It was increasingly unlikely that we would return to the glory days of 2012 and 2013. So ultimately it was for the best really.
MCard LOLA
Ataxia
Not Important

Post by Ataxia »

AutoReject Magazine wrote:A Torrente of Races

When we called Diego Alvarez Torrente to ask him for an interview, he seemed surprised that anyone wanted to talk to him at all. Despite a successful debut season in which the Spanish driver chalked up two victories on his way to 5th in the drivers' championship, Diego freely admits that he doesn't really like the media circus that surrounds the front-runners of any motorsport. "It's such a...a hassle!" says Diego, with just a small hint of Hispanic accent which has been dulled over the years through his years living in the UK. "They want to know what I had for lunch, what colour socks I am wearing, and all of this sort of thing. Even I don't remember what I had for lunch!"

We agreed that we'd keep today's interview to the subject of racing, with a few small questions about the future.

AutoReject Magazine: So, if we may, we'll start with your first steps in single seaters. You raced for EPIC in the short-lived Formula Renault 2.0 Espana in 2011, with help from your father. What was the step up from karts like for you?

Diego Alvarez Torrente: At the start, it was very difficult. My dad [Jose Alvarez] had been looking after me in karts, and as a former racer himself I had a lot of his knowledge to tap into, and I was pretty comfortable going quickly. But you go from being the fastest in karts to racing proper cars with wings, and the step is big. My dad did some driver coaching at EPIC Racing as well, and managed to call a few favours to get me in their Formula Renault car. My first test in the car was pretty tricky...

AM: (interrupting) You were something like 24th out of 30 runners in the first Barcelona tests...

DAT: Yes, something rubbish like that (chuckles)! Yeah, it was hard...I didn't like the feeling of the car at all, I'd try and turn in and it would just go wide, so I'd have to slow down even more to get the car into the corner. But because I was new, the engineers told me "that's just how the car is" and expected me to deal with it.

AM: How did your dad react to that?

DAT: Well, he wasn't actually there at the test, because he was running my brother Jorge in karts somewhere else. But when he came back, he basically knocked the doors down and wanted to know why the engineers didn't listen to me. They came back saying "well, he's just a kid, he doesn't know" but Dad made them make the changes on the car in time for the next test.

AM: And it worked?

DAT: Oh yeah, it was such a good feeling. So the next test was Jerez, so there's a couple of tight corners, and I could just get the car onto the apex so much more easily! I guess I got the trust of the engineers after that.

AM: And after two seasons, you won the series...

DAT: Yes! The first season was hard because I had to learn all of the circuits, but I still did well. But the next year, because I knew what to do because I had all of data, I was just able to race without worrying too much about trying to read the car behaviour and feeling like I needed to change things. I just concentrated on lines, braking points, and it just came together.

AM: And that's when the Fusion management called, right?

DAT: Yep, that was at the start of 2014. They'd only just started, and the management had been busy getting the base together in Bath. But they'd known my dad for a while, and after some discussion I became their first ever driver!

AM: Why did Fusion only elect to run one car in RoLFS?

DAT: Well, it's just their way of doing things, and the whole Astro organisation sort of runs on the "we'll start small, and spend time building the structure to make room for growth" kind of idea. So they bought one RoLFS car because they expected that the series would switch chassis at the end of the season, and so wanted to run through the series just building experience. We spent the first half of 2014 just testing the car to make sure we were ready.

AM: It seemed to pay off, though, as Fusion ended up doing well. You managed to get 10th in the championship at your first attempt. Were you able to get used to the jump in power?

DAT: Well, it was quite a nice car to drive from the start. I did a lot of tests with Jari Lappalainen, who also came into the organisation, and we were supposed to share the car for 2015. But I did half a season in Formula Renault 3.5 with AVF, so I had more racing experience with that sort of power, so Fusion gave me the drive full-time and got Jari a seat in F1RDS, as it was known then.

AM: It was a real season of two halves, though, wasn't it?

DAT: We had the Zytek engines in our car, and although they were lighter than the Judds that some of the other guys used, they were also down on power. The early circuits were better for us, because they didn't require a lot of power, but we just lost out in the second half of the year. Kyoto was the place where we were worst; I was one of the very few Zytek guys to get on the grid for the oval race.

AM: In 2016, you surprised absolutely everyone by winning the F2RWRS championship at the first attempt. But it didn't look like you'd manage that at the start of the year. How did the Dofasco deal come about, and why did you switch teams?

DAT: (laughs) Yeah, even I didn't expect to win! I did alright in RoLFS, but it was really difficult to find a team in F2 simply because it was a bit of a...you'd say in England that it's an old-boys' club, like, it's really hard to get to a top team if you're not one of their drivers. But then, Dofasco got the Lancia engines which you needed to win in F2, and they'd managed to do really well with [Alexey] Buyvolov the year before. So, we did the deal because I wasn't getting any other offers. Then Fusion ended up with their own team because Kingfisher left, but because I did the deal with Dofasco it was too late to jump ship, really.

AM: But you left after four races anyway. Was it true that there was a disagreement with the management? It was quite publicised at the time that Dofasco were having money troubles.

DAT: The management were hardly ever at the races! [Gregor] Sobcyzk, the guy who ran the team, was always trying to find money from Poland and other Eastern European countries, and was telling me to go around Spain and get money to race. We had a disagreement, because that wasn't part of my contract, and so I quit. Luckily, Plus One were really dissatisfied with Eric Swerts, and so we negotiated a swap deal. Swerts brought money to Dofasco anyway, so it all worked out.

AM: You were up against drivers like Greenlaw, van Nieuwenhuijzen, Agyemang-Badu, Simpson and Pazzini, amongst other very talented racers. What was your secret to staying on top?

DAT: A lot of the time, I qualified well. It was easier at Plus One because we knew that we'd get out of pre-qualifying much more easily. When I got that win at Germany, I just felt so much more confident, so I could go into the next weekend with a bit of momentum. It just...clicked. I thank the Plus One guys whenever I see them, because I couldn't have done it without them. A lot of them work in ARWS now, so I see them quite often!

AM: Even though you won F2, it was still difficult for you to find a seat at the top level. And then Jones came in for you pretty late...

DAT: Yeah, I had some preliminary talks with a couple of teams. I spoke to Gauthier before they signed Tomo Kazama, and I spoke to Voeckler before they convinced Ron Mignolet to stay for one more season. So I didn't have anything, but then Sammy Jones rang my father and asked if I was available. Because I live near Bristol anyway, it was convenient for everyone! (laughs)

AM: You had a great first year. You took two wins in your first five races, and briefly led the championship before dropping back a bit. How steep was the learning curve?

DAT: Well, as everyone saw, I didn't have a good debut at Adelaide. The pit exit is blind, and you don't get many opportunities to test that line, so I basically ripped the front wing off when I first left it. And then it happened again! The Jones guys were patient with me, but really complained at the RWRS commission and told them to sort the kerbs out because they were so high! But I learned a lot that weekend, and I was a bit more patient at Bathurst. That time, everyone else made mistakes and I just made the most of it...and it was a similar story at Austria. I learned a lot in my first year, and although I had people being critical of me, it just spurred me on to work harder.

AM: This year, you didn't have a brilliant time at Adelaide, but a lot has been made of the Jones package this year not being up to the usual standard. What reflections do you have of it?

DAT: It's true that the Ford isn't quite up on the power level of the front guys, but our car is pretty great. The problem is, Adelaide has that big back straight. So any time we make up in the corners, we lose that and then some more on the fast bits. We know it'll be a similar scenario for Bathurst and Monza, but there's a lot of street circuits that we can make up for it on.

AM: With Fusion looking strong, would you ever go back to their team if they made you an offer?

DAT: I'm happy where I am at the moment, but of course, I wouldn't ever say no. Monsieur [Jacques] Couteau still manages me, but it's not something we've ever discussed. They're doing ever so well, though, and they deserve to be. A lot of people are surprised by the jump in performance, but what they don't understand is that last year for them was a season of development and bringing in new ideas. It seems to be working!

AM: Diego, you've been brilliant, so thank you for this. Last question; what's your aim for this season?

DAT: Er, it's got to be trying to beat Mark [Dagnall]. I've got a real chance at the next race (chuckles), but seriously, I've just got to stay positive and try to keep him honest. I'd love to win again, too, but it'll be harder for us this year.

Mitch Hedberg wrote:I want to be a race car passenger: just a guy who bugs the driver. Say man, can I turn on the radio? You should slow down. Why do we gotta keep going in circles? Man, you really like Tide...
CaptainGetz12
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by CaptainGetz12 »

RejectSport wrote: Blokkmonsta YDT Seat to go to the better AR 3.5 Driver

In a press release at Leipzig earlier today Blokkmonsta team owner Andrea Schnass announced that one of the team's choices for the ARWS Young Driver Test in June will go to the better of Blokkmonsta's two drivers in AutoReject 3.5. "We here at Blokkmonsta wish to promote new talent when possible and the Young Driver Test is a great way to give the young guns a chance to impress. For this we already confirm Malik Zidan for one of the seats due to his standing in the team. As for the other, we decided to make it a competition among our two AR 3.5 drivers. The driver that places higher in the standings by the last race before the YDT will be testing alongside Zidan.

For 2018 Blokkmonsta Motorsport's AR 3.5 team employed Jordan Davies, a refugee from the ailing F2RWRS, and Anu Võsu, a driver employed in partnership with fellow ARWS team Nurminen Racing Engineering. Võsu won the F1 Rejects Development Series in 2016.

Malik Zidan was unavailable for comment on regards to being appointed to the Young Driver Test, but his standing as one of Blokkmonsta's developing drivers and his strong sponsorship package from Egyptian oil and gas firm Enppi likely brought him favor for one of the seats.

The ARWS Young Driver Test is scheduled to take place on June 28 at Circuit Paul Ricard, leaving Võsu and Davies the first five rounds of AR 3.5 to perform before the test.
Klon wrote:What did poor André do to you for him to be insulted like that?
Normal32

Post by Normal32 »

Motorsport wrote:Venturi Post-Race commentary

The Venturi CEO,, has expressed mixed feelings about the race.

''We are looking optimistical for next race. Now that Kjellerup is gone of PQ, it should be easier to get out of PQ.''

''Reliabilty? We are looking on improving that. Its just awful, we were so close on scoring points and we were ruined thanks to reliabilty issues. Thats gonna need some work.''

''Any predictions on to how the season will go? Don't want to get cocky, but we hope to improve in the next couple of races.''

''Will we introducing a new design? Not this year, as we want to focus on this car first. Theres so much potential to get out of it. Next year there will likely be a brand new in-house chassis, but nothing is set and stone yet.''
Pasta_maldonado wrote:I think normal32 is an old English farmer re-incarnated
AndreaModa

Post by AndreaModa »

Autosport wrote:EXCLUSIVE! Jones to roll back the years to replace Dagnall!!

Autosport can exclusively reveal that Jones Racing team boss Sammy Jones is to sensationally return to the cockpit to replace regular team leader Mark Dagnall for his one race ban at Bathurst.

Jones team insiders say Sammy had begun to entertain the idea following numerous inquiries into other drivers proved a dead end. It's been confirmed that the team has been rebuffed from advances into Nathanael Spencer and Rhys Davies, the latter already confirmed for the F1 race the same weekend as Bathurst.

Offers to drive had come into the team from many drivers, most notably James Davies, who Jones had seriously considered before opting to don his famous helmet once more.

Jones' last competitive outing was the 2015 Italian Grand Prix, taking second behind teammate Rosco Vantini in a famous 1-2 finish.

So yeah. Jones in for Dagnall at Bathurst. Get the fireworks ready.
I want my MTV...Simtek Ford

My Motorsport Photos

@DNPQ_
pi314159

Post by pi314159 »

Autosport.com wrote:Kjellerup 018 to debut at Bathurst!

The new Kjellerup 018 chassis, expected for a debut at Monza, will surprisingly appear at Bathurst. Jean-Marc Hadamard, technical director of Écurie Prenois, which runs the research and development for Kjellerup, confirmed that the cars were on their way to Bathurst.

"Yes, the 018 will debut at Bathurst. The 017 has been sold to Revolution. Of course I would have preferred to do a shakedown before the car's first race, but there was no other way the deal with Revolution would work. We're on a tight schedule now, but escaping from pre-qualifying gives us a bit more time to get the car ready for Bathurst."

Asked about the performance of the new Kjellerup 018, Hadamard replied: "I don't expect a massive difference to the 017 now, but the 018 has much more potential for development. The 017 was already two years old, and there was not much more space for performance gains. After Bathurst, we will start an ambitious development programm to hopefully close the gap to the top teams."

For the near future, Kjellerup hope for more points finishes.

"Bathurst and Monza should be good tracks for us, since we have the strongest engine in the field. More points are definitely possible if the new car is reliable enough."
Aerond
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Aerond »

2018 New South Wales Grand Prix -- Bathurst -- 18th March 2018

VENUE: Bathurst, Mount Panorama
Length: 6,213 m
Laps: 52

Weather:
Pre-Qualifying: Dry
Qualifying: Dry
Race: Dry

PRE-QUALIFYING

1.Terry Hawkin (Fusion) -- 1.33.917
2.Fredo Mestolio (Fusion) -- 1.35.004 (+1.087)
3.Naoki Shinjo (USD) -- 1.35.386 (+1.469)

4.Wouter Lamberigts (Blokkmonsta) -- 1.35.389 (+1.472)
5.Jari Kekkonen (USD) -- 1.36.051 (+2.134)
6.Shane Walsh (Gillet) -- 1.36.424 (+2.507)
7.Daniel Melville (Kamaha) -- 1.36.589 (+2.672)
8.Jean-Vincent Albertini (Venturi) -- 1.36.594 (+2.677)
9.Nicolas Steele (Blokkmonsta) -- 1.36.894 (+2.977)
10.Hansuke Shioya (RLR) -- 1.37.162 (+3.245)
11.Ashley Watkinson (Aeroracing) -- 1.37.365 (+3.448)
12.Tomo Kazama (Tassie) -- 1.37.596 (+3.679)
13.John Bean (Mecha) -- 1.37.631 (+3.714)
14.Renaldo Jimenez (Aeroracing) -- 1.38.213 (+4.296)
15.Akira Yamamura (Tassie) -- 1.38.717 (+4.800)
16.Kazuki Fushida (Mecha) -- 1.39.062 (+5.145)
17.Rosco Vantini (Kamaha) -- No time
18.Miko Fakkinen (RLR) -- No time
19.Aurelien Moll (Gillet) -- No time
20.Shinobu Katayama (Venturi) -- No time

** Fusion escape Pre-Qualifying for Round 3

QUALIFYING

1.Alberto Cara (MRT) -- 1.33.581
2.Terry Hawkin (Fusion) -- 1.34.077 (+0.496)
3.Alexey Buyvolov (Simpson) -- 1.34.112 (+0.531)
4.Phillippe Nicolas (MRT) -- 1.34.346 (+0.765)
5.Alessandro Lucarelli (Kjellerup) -- 1.34.766 (+1.185)
6.Nick Nurmester (Kjellerup) -- 1.34.808 (+1.227)
7.Martin McFry (NRE) -- 1.34.889 (+1.308)
8.Fredo Mestolio (Fusion) -- 1.35.048 (+1.467)
9.Diego Alvarez Torrente (Jones) -- 1.35.161 (+1.580)
10.Jean-Luc Schiller (Simpson) -- 1.35.228 (+1.647)
11.Danny van Rijkens (Gauthier) -- 1.35.499 (+1.918)
12.Wouter Lamberigts (Blokkmonsta) -- 1.35.591 (+2.010)
13.Bastiaan van Nieuwenhuijzen (Gauthier) -- 1.35.659 (+2.078)
14.Carter Simpson (Rosenforth) -- 1.35.699 (+2.118)
15.Marko Jantscher (NRE) -- 1.35.736 (+2.155)
16.Andrej Kremnicky (Revolution) -- 1.35.820 (+2.239)
17.Thomas de Bock (Voeckler) -- 1.36.163 (+2.582)
18.Jari Kekkonen (USD) -- 1.36.585 (+3.004)
19.Naoki Shinjo (USD) -- 1.36.628 (+3.047)
20.Sammy Jones (Jones) -- 1.36.852 (+3.271)
21.Marco Bizzarri (Revolution) -- 1.36.941 (+3.360)
22.Gregor Pascal (Rosenforth) -- 1.37.091 (+3.510)
23.Ashley Watkinson (Aeroracing) -- 1.37.244 (+3.663)
24.Nicolas Steele (Blokkmonsta) -- 1.37.364 (+3.783)
25.Dan Greenlaw (Voeckler) -- 1.37.513 (+3.932)
26.Quentin Reatherson (PORE) -- 1.38.134 (+4.553)
DNQ.David Neuberg (PORE) -- 1.38.167 (+4.586)
DNQ.Renaldo Jimenez (Aeroracing) -- 1.38.750 (+5.169)

** PORE drops to Pre-Qualifying from Round 3

RACE

1.Alberto Cara (MRT) -- 1h 27m 56.972
2.Phillippe Nicolas (MRT) -- +5.287
3.Dan Greenlaw (Voeckler) -- +19.440
4.Fredo Mestolio (Fusion) -- +42.054
5.Jean-Luc Schiller (Simpson) -- +49.969
6.Terry Hawkin (Fusion) -- +51.232
7.Bastiaan van Nieuwenhuijzen (Gauthier) -- +57.001
8.Alexey Buyvolov (Simpson) -- +1.00.501
9.Nick Nurmester (Kjellerup) -- +1.04.833
10.Alessandro Lucarelli (Kjellerup) -- +1.16.793
11.Ashley Watkinson (Aeroracing) -- +1 Lap
12.Marko Jantscher (NRE) -- +1 Lap
13.Andrej Kremnicky (Revolution) -- +1 Lap
14.Marco Bizzarri (Revolution) -- +1 Lap
15.Danny van Rijkens (Gauthier) -- +1 Lap
16.Jari Kekkonen (USD) -- +1 Lap
17.Martin McFry (NRE) -- +2 Laps (*)
18.Naoki Shinjo (USD) -- +2 Laps
19.Quentin Reatherson (PORE) -- +2 Laps
20.Sammy Jones (Jones) -- +6 Laps (*)
DNF.Diego Alvarez Torrente (Jones) -- Suspension
DNF.Gregor Pascal (Rosenforth) -- Puncture
DNF.Thomas de Bock (Voeckler) -- Transmission
DNF.Carter Simpson (Rosenforth) -- Suspension
DNF.Nicolas Steele (Blokkmonsta) -- Transmission
DNF.Wouter Lamberigts (Blokkmonsta) -- Accident

DOTR: Dan Greenlaw; From 25th in the grid to podium; drove an excellent attack race
ROTR: Terry Hawkin; Despite scoring his first point; he was in a position to get a podium until he made silly mistakes in the final laps.
Fastest Lap: Terry Hawkin (Fusion) -- 1.39.179

-- Jean Luc Schiller gets a One Race suspended ban; being found responsible for his incident with Wouter Lamberigts in 1st lap, which led to Lamberigts retirement.

ACHIEVEMENTS

PRISON BREAK -- Fusion
DRESS REHEARSAL -- Fusion
THE HERO WE DESERVE -- Kamaha, Gillet, RLR, Venturi
CAMEO -- Blokkmonsta
YOUNG GUN -- Voeckler
QUICK LEARNER -- Fusion
ON THE BOARD -- Voeckler, Fusion
HOGGER -- MRT, Fusion
CROCODILE DUNDEE -- MRT, Simpson
CONSOLATION PRIZE -- Simpson
Last edited by Aerond on 16 Feb 2016, 09:25, edited 7 times in total.
Aerond
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Aerond »

Race will happen Sunday, before Singapore F1
Aerond
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Aerond »

Here's the footage from Adelaide; sorry to have missed hitting record from the beggining .... :| https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VZtIcBv_Xc8
DemocalypseNow

Re: AUTO REJECT WORLD SERIES '18 - Bathurst Page 5 - RACE SU

Post by DemocalypseNow »

Seeing as our requested engine upgrade wasn't implemented, we'll withdraw the request completely and focus on testing instead.

Image Image