Bernie Backs Blatter

The place for speaking your mind on current goings-on in F1
Scrap Thistlethwayte
Site Donor
Site Donor

Bernie Backs Blatter

Post by Scrap Thistlethwayte »

Is Bernie trying to grab TBNIFO all for himself? Some one should tell him that the podcast is off the air.

Good effort all the same B.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/formula1/34552570
Aerodynamics is for people who can't build engines. - Enzo Ferrari
dr-baker

Re: The Big News in Formula One

Post by dr-baker »

Adding to this, Autosport Plus have an interesting article called, "Face to Face with Bernie Ecclestone." Most of you probably can't access it, but the relevant part is below (Moderators, if this is unacceptable, to quote a few short paragraphs from a premium article, please delete this post):

Autosport Plus wrote:Bernie pauses, looks me in the eye, then asks: "Are you sure about the Formula 1 Commssion and all that?"

Yes, Bernie, 100 per cent...

"You know, you have me worried, I can't remember. I'll go back and check."

A quick handshake, and he turns to the media waiting in the reception area.

Basically, what Bernie remembers about the situation totally contradicts the evidence that Dieter Rencken (the article's author) has. Time to go home, Bernie?
watka wrote:I find it amusing that whilst you're one of the more openly Christian guys here, you are still first and foremost associated with an eye for the ladies!
dinizintheoven wrote:GOOD CHRISTIANS do not go to jail. EVERYONE ON FORMULA ONE REJECTS should be in jail.
MCard LOLA
DemocalypseNow

Re: Bernie Backs Blatter

Post by DemocalypseNow »

Something to clarify here - we're not Buzzfeed or a similar clickbait site. Try not to editorialise topic names to the point it isn't clear what the point of discussion is. "The Big News In Formula One" could mean a million things. You can be inventive as you like, but the topic title still has to mention the main topic of discussion in some way.
Novitopoli wrote:Everytime someone orders at Pizza Hut, an Italian dies.
Novitopoli wrote:Juve's Triplete: Calciopoli, doping & Mafia connections.

Image Image
Ataxia
Not Important

Post by Ataxia »

Biscione wrote:Something to clarify here - we're not Buzzfeed or a similar clickbait site. Try not to editorialise topic names to the point it isn't clear what the point of discussion is. "The Big News In Formula One" could mean a million things. You can be inventive as you like, but the topic title still has to mention the main topic of discussion in some way.

Next up: 21 Innovations You'll Never Believe F1 Had!
Mitch Hedberg wrote:I want to be a race car passenger: just a guy who bugs the driver. Say man, can I turn on the radio? You should slow down. Why do we gotta keep going in circles? Man, you really like Tide...
DemocalypseNow

Post by DemocalypseNow »

Ataxia wrote:Next up: 21 Innovations You'll Never Believe F1 Had!

• 14 GIFs that sum up our reaction to Lewis' new hairstyle
  • 19 times Ricciardo's smile was too much for us to handle
  • F1 QUIZ: Are you more Ice-Man or Nice Man?
  • 12 things only true Lewisteria fans will get
  • VIDEO: You won't believe what this driver said about his team-mate in a press conference!

And, easily my favourite;
  • These pictures of Max Chilton will awaken you sexually :chilton:
Novitopoli wrote:Everytime someone orders at Pizza Hut, an Italian dies.
Novitopoli wrote:Juve's Triplete: Calciopoli, doping & Mafia connections.

Image Image
AustralianStig

Post by AustralianStig »

12 of the best reactions when HWNMNBM's name was spoken!
Join the GP Rejects league at Fantasy F1: https://fantasy.formula1.com/join/?=2a1f25

CoopsII wrote:
Biscione wrote:To the surprise of no-one, Daniil Kvyat wins ROTR for Sochi, by a record margin that may not be surpassed for some time.

I always knew Marko read this forum.
dinizintheoven

Post by dinizintheoven »

We Interviewed Pastor Maldonado's Dentist. You'll Never Believe What He Said!

(...it was in Spanish.)
James Allen, on his favourite F1 engine of all time:
"...the Life W12, I can't describe the noise to you, but imagine filling your dustbin with nuts and bolts, and then throwing it down the stairs, it was something akin to that!"
FullMetalJack
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by FullMetalJack »

Biscione wrote:
  • These pictures of Max Chilton will awaken you sexually :chilton:

I can't help it, there's definitely something about him that does it to me, maybe his hair.......
I like the way Snrub thinks!
CoopsII

Post by CoopsII »

I read last week that Bernie also backed Putin with regards the situation in the middle east, which I guess means he also, by default, backs Bashar al-Assad.

I'm spotting a trend....
Just For One Day...
tommykl

Post by tommykl »

23 Times Seb Vettel Made Us Laugh. Number 11 Is Hilarious!
kevinbotz wrote:Cantonese is a completely nonsensical f*cking alien language masquerading as some grossly bastardised form of Chinese

Gonzo wrote:Wasn't there some sort of communisim in the East part of Germany?
DanielPT
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by DanielPT »

Forget all that! These are the huge news:Ecclestone wants input from fans!!!

He even goes further and says:
Bernie wrote:People will say 'Ecclestone you're getting too old. The young kids today are a bit different', so we have to have a complete rethink

Bernie went completely bonkers. Bring in the men in white coats. Yes, he has his lucid moments in "I'd like to see him (Lewis Hamilton) in a GP2 car with the GP2 drivers. I'm not saying he wouldn't win, but it would be interesting." or "tear the rule book up, get a few competent people together and rewrite the Formula 1 regulations" but otherwise it is official: The man is ill.
Colin Kolles on F111, 2011 HRT challenger: The car doesn't look too bad; it looks like a modern F1 car.
Izzyeviel

Post by Izzyeviel »

Nothing more than a fluff piece. He's in Soviet Russia as a guest of Putin, he's going to say whatever goes down well with his audience. Nothing more to it.

If Obama was involved with COTA, he'd be on Oprah Winfrey talking about great democracy is and yada yada.

Putin has either asked him for a small favour or perhaps the Russian GP is struggling for funds and Bernie went on TV to help sell the event to would be supporters.
mario

Post by mario »

Izzyeviel wrote:Nothing more than a fluff piece. He's in Soviet Russia as a guest of Putin, he's going to say whatever goes down well with his audience. Nothing more to it.

If Obama was involved with COTA, he'd be on Oprah Winfrey talking about great democracy is and yada yada.

Putin has either asked him for a small favour or perhaps the Russian GP is struggling for funds and Bernie went on TV to help sell the event to would be supporters.

Especially when you consider the fact that it was Russia Today who were conducting the interview, an organisation that Putin has admitted is little more than a propaganda machine for the Russian government.

As you say, this feels more like Putin calling in a few favours from Bernie to try and prop Blatter up in an attempt to ensure that FIFA continue with their relatively friendly attitude towards Russia.
Martin Brundle, on watching a replay of Grosjean spinning:
"The problem with Grosjean is that he want to take a look back at the corner he's just exited"