F1 Rejects Track Designing Competition

The place for alternate championships that use real results as a base of forming alternative results, driver careers, and games in general
Shadaza

Re: F1 Rejects Track Designing Competition

Post by Shadaza »

http://www.gmap-pedometer.com/?r=6733377

Circuit Giuseppe Rossi.

Most of it is the gigantic, beautifuly wide roundabout Giuseppe Rossi, with the rest of the track branching off to visit Bari's Football Stadium. Extensive widening needed on the roads south and just around the Bari stadium, but the north part and the round about itself are pretty good as is!
Message me on Discord.
Bleu

Post by Bleu »

Looking on others a bit, this is somehow different.

http://www.gmap-pedometer.com/?r=6733617
novitopoli
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by novitopoli »

sw3ishida wrote:Jolyon Palmer brought us closer as a couple, for which I am grateful.

Ataxia wrote:
Londoner wrote:Something I've thought about - what happens to our canon should we have a worldwide recession or some other outside event?

We'll be fine. It's Canon, non Kodak.
novitopoli
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by novitopoli »

9. UgncreativeUsergname - Nice. It would be a shame is someone had already dome something like that... :D

8. TheFlyingCaterham - Pretty fine from the second kilometer onwards, but the first part has way too many 90-degree corners.

7. Bleu - A good and original idea, but the overall feeling is that of a bit too long and boring circuit. And the hairpin before the final corner is Formula E kind of tight!

6. peteroli34 - This track is pretty good at combining the "traditional" seaside part with a nice trip around the old stadium. The chicane after the first kilometer kinda ruins the circuit's flow, though.

5. tommykl - Well, that wasn't much you could do wrong with both "conventional layouts". A point of merit for being the only one who ventured himself through the port.

4. pi314159 - Basic, but quite nice. Probably one of the best layouts among those using the roads around the old city.

3. Simtek - A nice trip around the suburbs, where there's still plenty of space to draw some good, flowing corners.

2. dr-baker - I'm glad someone took a shot at the streets around the airport and did it in a successful way. The part around the 3 km mark could have been flattened out a bit, but overall a good entry.

1. Shadaza - A part of me is skeptical about whether a 2 km long corner is a good idea. Another part of me just loves how this circuit manages to finally be original and challenging: teams would really struggle to find a good setup here!

So, it's Shadaza's turn now.
sw3ishida wrote:Jolyon Palmer brought us closer as a couple, for which I am grateful.

Ataxia wrote:
Londoner wrote:Something I've thought about - what happens to our canon should we have a worldwide recession or some other outside event?

UncreativeUsername37

Post by UncreativeUsername37 »

novitopoli wrote:9. UgncreativeUsergname - Nice. It would be a shame is someone had already dome something like that... :D

See? I'm just as good as any real track designer! Where's my contract for the 2017 F1 track in Qatar?
Rob Dylan wrote:Mercedes paying homage to the other W12 chassis by breaking down 30 minutes in
novitopoli
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by novitopoli »

Since a week has passed, looks like it's dr-baker's turn to set a challenge now.

Ataxia wrote:

dr-baker

Post by dr-baker »

novitopoli wrote:Since a week has passed, looks like it's dr-baker's turn to set a challenge now.

OK then.

Shanghai's F1 track layout was inspired from the Chinese character "shang", the first character in the name of the city Shanghai (Wikipedia). So your challenge is to design a track layout in roughly the shape of a Roman alphabet character. It HAS to be recognisable as a letter, although it can be upper-case, lower-case, italic, non-italic, bubble-writing or not, etc. It will probably be hard to use existing roads to complete this so feel free to find some free land and start from scratch. It can be anywhere in the world. Length to be between 2.5 to 4.5 miles.
watka wrote:I find it amusing that whilst you're one of the more openly Christian guys here, you are still first and foremost associated with an eye for the ladies!
dinizintheoven wrote:GOOD CHRISTIANS do not go to jail. EVERYONE ON FORMULA ONE REJECTS should be in jail.
MCard LOLA
novitopoli
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by novitopoli »

Here's my entry: the Berlin Brandenburg GP, on a certain piece of land nobody's using right now anyway. B for Berlin, B for Brandenburg, B for "Better than nothing".

http://www.gmap-pedometer.com/?r=6740080

Ataxia wrote:

UncreativeUsername37

This corner-a-kilometer track is inspired by C. Or V. Or U. You can't really tell the difference. I have a general idea of how to remake it if it's not Vish enough.
http://www.gmap-pedometer.com/?r=6740120
Rob Dylan wrote:Mercedes paying homage to the other W12 chassis by breaking down 30 minutes in
HawkAussie

Post by HawkAussie »

This one is based off the letter M

http://www.gmap-pedometer.com/?r=6740272
Officially Retired
dio1990

Post by dio1990 »

dr-baker

Post by dr-baker »

UgncreativeUsergname wrote:This corner-a-kilometer track is inspired by C. Or V. Or U. You can't really tell the difference. I have a general idea of how to remake it if it's not Vish enough.
http://www.gmap-pedometer.com/?r=6740120

It is V-ish enough - I can see a V in there...
watka wrote:I find it amusing that whilst you're one of the more openly Christian guys here, you are still first and foremost associated with an eye for the ladies!
dinizintheoven wrote:GOOD CHRISTIANS do not go to jail. EVERYONE ON FORMULA ONE REJECTS should be in jail.
MCard LOLA
tBone

Post by tBone »

YOUR
LOGO

Here
Peteroli34

Post by Peteroli34 »

http://www.gmap-pedometer.com/?r=6740839

My Attempt its either a H or K or quite possibly those 2 letters had a night of passion and 9 months later this appeared
Shadaza

Post by Shadaza »

Oh snap, I didn't think I'd win, I would have loved to have set a challenge, but oh well, snooze you lose. And for what it's worth, the alphabet challenge sounds awesome, so i'll design a circuit soon.
Message me on Discord.
Bobby Doorknobs

Post by Bobby Doorknobs »

It's the letter C as it appears in a new font that I just invented... No, you can't see it.

http://www.mappedometer.com/?maproute=472742
#FreeGonzo
tommykl

Post by tommykl »

http://www.gmap-pedometer.com/?r=6741259

My own attempt, based on the letter T. All ressemblance to Misano is completely coincidental.
kevinbotz wrote:Cantonese is a completely nonsensical f*cking alien language masquerading as some grossly bastardised form of Chinese

Gonzo wrote:Wasn't there some sort of communisim in the East part of Germany?
Shadaza

Post by Shadaza »

http://www.gmap-pedometer.com/?r=6741356

Caicos Circuit.

The "C" stands for Caicos of course, a nice circuit on south Caicos island beautifully advertising the Turks and Caicos islands.
Message me on Discord.
pi314159

Post by pi314159 »

I hope you can see the "K". K is for Krakow.

http://www.gmap-pedometer.com/?r=6741549
pasta_maldonado wrote:The stewards have recommended that Alan Jones learns to drive.
dr-baker

Post by dr-baker »

pi314159 wrote:I hope you can see the "K". K is for Krakow.

http://www.gmap-pedometer.com/?r=6741549

Half-wishing I had allowed either the Roman or Greek alphabets, just so I could see you attempt a Pi-shaped track! But never mind, I made my choice...
MCard LOLA
dr-baker

Post by dr-baker »

2 days since the last entry have now passed, but judgement day is tomorrow (30th October), so 12-24 hours left.
MCard LOLA
dr-baker

Post by dr-baker »

Just doing the top half of the field, because. The ones I have chosen are the ones that most resemble letters (although that's not to say that the others don't, of course), and also which I would like to do a track day on, given the opportunity.

5. UngcreativeUsername (with another random G in there somewhere)
4. Peteroli: Love that it kinda resembles the first letters of both Hong and Kong, AND close to Disneyland!
3. HawkAussie
2. Simtek
1. Tommykl
MCard LOLA
tommykl

Post by tommykl »

Ah crap, I have to do this, don't I?

Anyways, your challenge:
Your circuit must cross a major river of Europe.
I define this as any river which flows into the sea/ocean with that name. For example, the Rhine is acceptable at any point. The Ruhr, however, is not, as it flows into the Rhine.

I'm not picky with track length (just keep it under 10km), but it must use existing roads. As always, cutting roundabouts and central reservations is acceptable.
kevinbotz wrote:Cantonese is a completely nonsensical f*cking alien language masquerading as some grossly bastardised form of Chinese

Gonzo wrote:Wasn't there some sort of communisim in the East part of Germany?
Bobby Doorknobs

http://www.mappedometer.com/?maproute=474921

European: Check
River: Check
Major: uuuummmm

Yeah, this design crosses the river that enters the sea in my hometown, though to call it major, well... there's a Wikipedia page? I've actually entered it before in a previous challenge (didn't come close to winning but hey), only it went in the opposite direction. It is a high-speed circuit that begins on the main straight of the old Wicklow Circuit and heads under the railway bridge that I'm sure you've seen the photographs of in the alt-1955 thread. After that it heads right onto a high-speed section that takes it over the new bridge that was finished in 2011-ish and down the Murrough before coming to another, older bridge that takes back to the other side of the Vartry. After that it's onto the town's main street and another high-speed dash back to the start-finish area.
#FreeGonzo
UncreativeUsername37

Do you like the new Mexico? Like tracks full of corners that, despite having the exact same radius, drive completely differently? Then the Regensburgring is for you!
http://www.gmap-pedometer.com/?r=6746325
Peteroli34

Post by Peteroli34 »

What do you get when a track crosses a river twice, goes over and under itself 6 times. Has a 1km straight and a startline/pitlane on a bridge?

You get this
http://www.gmap-pedometer.com/?r=6746408
Shadaza

Post by Shadaza »

peteroli34 wrote:What do you get when a track crosses a river twice, goes over and under itself 6 times. Has a 1km straight and a startline/pitlane on a bridge?

You get this

That has to be the most bokers/awesome circuit I have ever seen.
Message me on Discord.
Bobby Doorknobs

Shadaza wrote:
peteroli34 wrote:What do you get when a track crosses a river twice, goes over and under itself 6 times. Has a 1km straight and a startline/pitlane on a bridge?

You get this

Yeah, you know what? I think we can declare a winner already :P
#FreeGonzo
UncreativeUsername37

Shadaza wrote:

You get this

On/off-ramps, a dual carriageway, multiple crossovers, and water all in one place... looks safe to me
dr-baker

Post by dr-baker »

Simtek wrote:
Shadaza wrote:

You get this

So that's the challenge, is it? To be more bonkers than this? OK...
MCard LOLA
Peteroli34

Post by Peteroli34 »

dr-baker wrote:
Simtek wrote:
Shadaza wrote:

So that's the challenge, is it? To be more bonkers than this? OK...

The tracks not that bonkers i mean 3 crossovers and a pit lane on a bridge seems like a completely rational idea to me
UncreativeUsername37

peteroli34 wrote:
dr-baker wrote:So that's the challenge, is it? To be more bonkers than this? OK...

The tracks not that bonkers i mean 3 crossovers and a pit lane on a bridge seems like a completely rational idea to me

It's never been tried, how can anyone say it's dumb?
tBone

Post by tBone »

If peteroli's track is Andrea de Cesaris, this one might be Nick Heidfeld. But Heidfeld was a decent driver, so this might be a decent track ;)

Autodromo del Fiume Po
YOUR
LOGO

Here
dr-baker

Post by dr-baker »

Mine is the Jean Alesi version, only in the fact that it's in his home town (plus it's where I spent an academic year more than a decade ago!). There was due to a DTM round here while Jean Alesi was in the series, and I incorporated a section of what was due to be the track at the 5-6 km point (it would have also continued on round the 0 km point). I think the start/finish line would be better located at the 9 km point rather than the 0 km point. You also have the famous Pont d'Avignon at about the 500 to 600 metre point and it enters the city ramparts at around the 4 km point.
MCard LOLA
Bleu

Post by Bleu »

My pick for the river is Loire.

http://www.gmap-pedometer.com/?r=6747347
tBone

Post by tBone »

dr-baker wrote:Mine is the Jean Alesi version, only in the fact that it's in his home town (plus it's where I spent an academic year more than a decade ago!). There was due to a DTM round here while Jean Alesi was in the series, and I incorporated a section of what was due to be the track at the 5-6 km point (it would have also continued on round the 0 km point). I think the start/finish line would be better located at the 9 km point rather than the 0 km point. You also have the famous Pont d'Avignon at about the 500 to 600 metre point and it enters the city ramparts at around the 4 km point.

I was actually thinking of doing one there! But I was too lazy to check whether anyone had done it already and thought 'nah, probably someone else does this'.
YOUR
LOGO

Here
novitopoli
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by novitopoli »

The Immanuel Kant Circuit in Kaliningrad. No, I didn't cross all seven bridges.

http://www.gmap-pedometer.com/?r=6747397

Ataxia wrote:

AustralianStig

Post by AustralianStig »

Discovered there's a river called Nissan in Sweden, so of course I couldn't resist:

http://www.gmap-pedometer.com/?r=6747509
Join the GP Rejects league at Fantasy F1: https://fantasy.formula1.com/join/?=2a1f25

CoopsII wrote:
Biscione wrote:To the surprise of no-one, Daniil Kvyat wins ROTR for Sochi, by a record margin that may not be surpassed for some time.

I always knew Marko read this forum.
dr-baker

Post by dr-baker »

Time for judging?
MCard LOLA