Forum down earlier?

Found a problem with the website or forum? Submit a new ticket here. Also, track progress of existing issues currently being fixed.
dr-baker

Forum down earlier?

Post by dr-baker »

I was unable to get onto the forums earlier today (between 2 - 3 pm GMT), nor the main website (about 6 hours ago). Was this just me?
watka wrote:I find it amusing that whilst you're one of the more openly Christian guys here, you are still first and foremost associated with an eye for the ladies!
dinizintheoven wrote:GOOD CHRISTIANS do not go to jail. EVERYONE ON FORMULA ONE REJECTS should be in jail.
MCard LOLA
Nuppiz
Site Donor
Site Donor

Re: Forum down earlier?

Post by Nuppiz »

dr-baker wrote:I was unable to get onto the forums earlier today (between 2 - 3 pm GMT), nor the main website (about 6 hours ago). Was this just me?

It was (yet another) issue with our server software. Biscione has been working hard for a solution, but every time he manages to patch one problem another one pops up...

Even though we changed both the name of the site and hosting, we still can't seem to get rid of the unreliability that plagued F1 Rejects. :badoer:
Eurosport broadcast for the 1990 Mexican GP prequalifying:
"The Life, it looked very lifeless yet again... in fact Bruno did one, slow lap"
DemocalypseNow

Post by DemocalypseNow »

Nuppiz wrote:
dr-baker wrote:I was unable to get onto the forums earlier today (between 2 - 3 pm GMT), nor the main website (about 6 hours ago). Was this just me?

It was (yet another) issue with our server software. Biscione has been working hard for a solution, but every time he manages to patch one problem another one pops up...

Even though we changed both the name of the site and hosting, we still can't seem to get rid of the unreliability that plagued F1 Rejects. :badoer:

Long term we will switch again - this time the problems are my fault, I am the inept idiot in charge of hosting rather than Crosswinds. I will inform everybody of scheduled maintenance when the time comes.
Novitopoli wrote:Everytime someone orders at Pizza Hut, an Italian dies.
Novitopoli wrote:Juve's Triplete: Calciopoli, doping & Mafia connections.

Image Image
dr-baker

Post by dr-baker »

Thank you.
watka wrote:I find it amusing that whilst you're one of the more openly Christian guys here, you are still first and foremost associated with an eye for the ladies!
dinizintheoven wrote:GOOD CHRISTIANS do not go to jail. EVERYONE ON FORMULA ONE REJECTS should be in jail.
MCard LOLA
Rob Dylan

Post by Rob Dylan »

Just thought I'd say that I've been having a lot of trouble in the last 2 days or so getting onto the website or the forum. Until now I've been seeing 'gateway error' pages amongst other things. Don't know if I'm the only one seeing this.
Murray Walker at the 1997 Austrian Grand Prix wrote:The other [Stewart] driver, who nobody's been paying attention to, because he's disappointing, is Jan Magnussen.
Felipe Nasr - the least forgettable F1 driver!
Nuppiz
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Nuppiz »

Rob Dylan wrote:Just thought I'd say that I've been having a lot of trouble in the last 2 days or so getting onto the website or the forum. Until now I've been seeing 'gateway error' pages amongst other things. Don't know if I'm the only one seeing this.

No, you're not the only one. There's something seriously wrong with the site, and I have to reboot its modules multiple times a day.
Eurosport broadcast for the 1990 Mexican GP prequalifying:
"The Life, it looked very lifeless yet again... in fact Bruno did one, slow lap"
DemocalypseNow

Post by DemocalypseNow »

I have been changing settings quite a lot over the last few days, hence why the errors you run into will often be different. I hope that now things might settle down a bit, but yes, long term, I need to figure out a new strategy, because clearly this isn't working out as I'd expected.

Image Image
dr-baker

Post by dr-baker »

Oh good, wasn't just me then!
MCard LOLA
Bobby Doorknobs

Post by Bobby Doorknobs »

I'm now getting some sort of error message at the bottom of the screen saying "Fatal: Not able to open ./cache/data_global.php".

It doesn't appear to be affecting anything on my end, but I still wonder if there is cause for concern.
#FreeGonzo
DemocalypseNow

Post by DemocalypseNow »

Simtek wrote:I'm now getting some sort of error message at the bottom of the screen saying "Fatal: Not able to open ./cache/data_global.php".

It doesn't appear to be affecting anything on my end, but I still wonder if there is cause for concern.

It oversold "fatal" a bit! It was a minor error that has been resolved. It has nothing to do with our recent downtime issues.

Image Image