RIP Manor Racing (2010-2017)

The place for speaking your mind on current goings-on in F1
AxelP800

Re: The Manor Marussia Thread

Post by AxelP800 »

AndreaModa wrote:It's been calculated that Haryanto needs 12.4 million text messages to keep his drive. From what I've read, most of the money has been paid up, there's this additional element required to keep his seat that isn't coming from sponsors, hence the fundraiser.

Indonesian source (not sure on reliability!)

I can confirm this fundraising, I have sent one already
Rio Haryanto for the win!
He upon seeing me accidentaly paint Belgian flag rotated 90 deg to right
tommykl returns from the bathroom
tommykl reads the chat logs
tommykl has a stroke
Nessafox
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Nessafox »

AxelP800 wrote:
AndreaModa wrote:It's been calculated that Haryanto needs 12.4 million text messages to keep his drive. From what I've read, most of the money has been paid up, there's this additional element required to keep his seat that isn't coming from sponsors, hence the fundraiser.

Minimum 3 per day. Are you a true Indonesian or a traitor to your country? Haryanto's future lies in your hands and the only one to blame for a potential seat loss is you!
I don't know what i want and i want it now!
DanielPT
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by DanielPT »

UgncreativeUsergname wrote:
DanielPT wrote:We already had one case albeit a bit different. Kamui Kobayashi's return to Caterham was at least partially crowdfunded. If it worked for him, it can work for Haryanto.

watka wrote:Given how the driver of the day vote goes every race, I think this is the one instance that crowdfunding could actually work (in a long-term way) in F1!

I don't think they are really connected. It is harder to get in. Once you are there, results alone can keep you there. The problem with most non paying experienced journeymen in F1 is that, results wise, there is little to chose between them and talented pay-drivers, so teams usually go with the latter specially if the money can hire people to do the development the journeyman brings.

As for the long term paying wise, if the money keeps flowing in, team doesn't care if it is sponsorship, crowdfunding or, dare I say it, illegal. And crowdfunding is just like being sponsored by a group of people. A large one.
Colin Kolles on F111, 2011 HRT challenger: The car doesn't look too bad; it looks like a modern F1 car.
AxelP800

Post by AxelP800 »

This wrote:
AxelP800 wrote:

Minimum 3 per day. Are you a true Indonesian or a traitor to your country? Haryanto's future lies in your hands and the only one to blame for a potential seat loss is you!

I'm sorry that joke is not funny. Not even 9 * 10^-infinite
Rio Haryanto for the win!
He upon seeing me accidentaly paint Belgian flag rotated 90 deg to right
tommykl returns from the bathroom
tommykl reads the chat logs
tommykl has a stroke
Nessafox
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Nessafox »

AxelP800 wrote:
This wrote:
AxelP800 wrote:

Hm yeah, i should've realised you probably hear some of that shite more often in your country.
I don't know what i want and i want it now!
Miguel98

Post by Miguel98 »

John Booth has signed with... Toro Rosso!
Mario on Gutierrez after the Italian Grand Prix wrote:He's no longer just a bit of a tool, he's the entire tool set.

18-07-2015: Forever in our hearts Jules.
25-08-2015: Forever in our hearts Justin.
Yannick

Post by Yannick »

Miguel98 wrote:John Booth has signed with... Toro Rosso!

:pantano:

Who would have seen that coming?
I wonder what they see in him. He surely must be bullish about the move, though ;-)
"I don't think we should be used to finance (the manufacturers') R&D because they will produce that engine anyway" said Monisha Kaltenborn.
"You will never see a Mercedes using a Ferrari engine or the other way round."
The Chicane

Post by The Chicane »

I know this seems pointless but shouldn't the title of this thread be changed now the team has dropped "Marussia" from its name. :)
RENAULT CLASSIC (1977 - 2017)
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
11 : Drivers' titles
12 : Constructors' titles
Izzyeviel

Post by Izzyeviel »

ChequeredFlagNope wrote:I know this seems pointless but shouldn't the title of this thread be changed now the team has dropped "Marussia" from its name. :)

Only if you have the agreement from every other poster :D
Rob Dylan

Post by Rob Dylan »

Are we not using the Marussia name out of contract now? Maybe that's why the old site got deleted: Marussia having their name used :D
Murray Walker at the 1997 Austrian Grand Prix wrote:The other [Stewart] driver, who nobody's been paying attention to, because he's disappointing, is Jan Magnussen.
Felipe Nasr - the least forgettable F1 driver!
Londoner

Post by Londoner »

Fetzie on Ferrari wrote:How does a driver hurtling around a race track while they're sous-viding in their overalls have a better understanding of the race than a team of strategy engineers in an air-conditioned room?l
lance_rambert

Post by lance_rambert »

That probably sums up how well that SMS crowdfunding campaign went. I guess we might see Rossi again at some point?
Miguel98

Post by Miguel98 »

lance_rambert wrote:That probably sums up how well that SMS crowdfunding campaign went. I guess we might see Rossi again at some point?

Rossi doesn't have lots of money.

More likelly, it'll be someone like Canamassas, who has loads of money.
Mario on Gutierrez after the Italian Grand Prix wrote:He's no longer just a bit of a tool, he's the entire tool set.

lance_rambert

Post by lance_rambert »

Miguel98 wrote:Rossi doesn't have lots of money.

But he is Manor's designated reserve driver. He'd be the first choice for the seat, right?

...and honestly, I REALLY don't want Can'tamasas anywhere near an F1 race seat...
AndreaModa

Post by AndreaModa »

Don't forget Fabio Leimer was involved with the team last year as a test/reserve/godknowswhat driver so he might be in the frame.

And Rossi does have some backing, as well as big support from the States. His good work in IndyCar will have boosted that.
I want my MTV...Simtek Ford

My Motorsport Photos

@DNPQ_
DemocalypseNow

Post by DemocalypseNow »

I'm leaning towards Jordan King. I understand he has a bit of dosh, and has been a "development driver" for them ever since the Fitzpatrick takeover.
Novitopoli wrote:Everytime someone orders at Pizza Hut, an Italian dies.
Novitopoli wrote:Juve's Triplete: Calciopoli, doping & Mafia connections.

Image Image
dr-baker

Post by dr-baker »

Biscione wrote:I'm leaning towards Jordan King. I understand he has a bit of dosh, and has been a "development driver" for them ever since the Fitzpatrick takeover.

Did his dad ever actually get involved with the team, or was that all just rumours?
watka wrote:I find it amusing that whilst you're one of the more openly Christian guys here, you are still first and foremost associated with an eye for the ladies!
dinizintheoven wrote:GOOD CHRISTIANS do not go to jail. EVERYONE ON FORMULA ONE REJECTS should be in jail.
MCard LOLA
Rob Dylan

Post by Rob Dylan »

Might a top team throw some money and get a junior driver into that seat?

Also, hasn't the glass of milk returned this year with Williams? The most exciting driver in Formula 1 history might be returning!
Murray Walker at the 1997 Austrian Grand Prix wrote:The other [Stewart] driver, who nobody's been paying attention to, because he's disappointing, is Jan Magnussen.
Miguel98

Post by Miguel98 »

Rob Dylan wrote:Might a top team throw some money and get a junior driver into that seat?

Also, hasn't the glass of milk returned this year with Williams? The most exciting driver in Formula 1 history might be returning!

Williams employed both Paffet and Di Resta this season I believe :facepalm:

mario

Post by mario »

Miguel98 wrote:
Rob Dylan wrote:Might a top team throw some money and get a junior driver into that seat?

Williams employed both Paffet and Di Resta this season I believe :facepalm:

Paffett is employed as Williams's simulator test driver - as for di Resta, he is Williams's official nominated reserve driver should either Bottas or Massa be indisposed, seemingly because Williams have a preference for an experienced former driver in the wake of what happened when Bottas was injured.
Martin Brundle, on watching a replay of Grosjean spinning:
"The problem with Grosjean is that he want to take a look back at the corner he's just exited"
Rob Dylan

Post by Rob Dylan »

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/124476/uncertainty-over-haryanto-manor-future
They're being quite specific in saying that Rio's currently only able to last till the Summer break.

Might we see a switch in drivers at that point?
AndreaModa

Post by AndreaModa »

Just imagine the rage of 250 million Indonesians...

My Motorsport Photos

@DNPQ_
lance_rambert

Post by lance_rambert »

Manor's Facebook page is going to look like a war zone if that actually happens. Their social media guy should be paid extra once that s___storm rolls in. Or hire whoever runs Mercedes' Facebook page. He/she seems able to handle that type of garbage.

As long as they don't ravage this forum, I'm not going to worked up about it. Maybe I'll even have a laugh from the sidelines.
Miguel98

Post by Miguel98 »

Bianchi's family is taking legal action against F1, FOM and Marussia. :roll:

Rob Dylan

Post by Rob Dylan »

Not sure how I feel about it. If they feel it is the right thing to do, then all power to them. Unfortunately to the outsiders like myself, all I get out of it are bad memories resurfacing.
AndreaModa

Post by AndreaModa »

Aside from the obvious headline news from Austria, did anyone else notice the return of Airbnb logos on the Manor cars? Thought that was interesting considering the deal they had last year obviously wasn't renewed.

EDIT: Looks like it's been in play longer than I thought. Story from the end of May: http://manorf1team.com/news/16-05-28/airbnb-manor-racing

And I'll just leave this here for posterity. G'wan Pascal!

My Motorsport Photos

@DNPQ_
CoopsII

Post by CoopsII »

Love it.

"Shall we all stand in front of Pascals garage?"

"Nah, let's stand in front of Haryantos because that makes less sense"
Just For One Day...
AndreaModa

Post by AndreaModa »

Unusual new sponsor program announced today by Manor.

https://www.facebook.com/ManorRacing/posts/1021045964617891:0

My Motorsport Photos

@DNPQ_
dr-baker

Post by dr-baker »

AndreaModa wrote:Unusual new sponsor program announced today by Manor.

https://www.facebook.com/ManorRacing/posts/1021045964617891:0

along with challenger mindset workshops and events
There are so many learnings we can trade with these companies

There are some phrases in there that I just haven't come across before. There is better, more natural-sounding English that they could use to make this more comprehensible, and yet remaining sounding like professional English.
watka wrote:I find it amusing that whilst you're one of the more openly Christian guys here, you are still first and foremost associated with an eye for the ladies!
dinizintheoven wrote:GOOD CHRISTIANS do not go to jail. EVERYONE ON FORMULA ONE REJECTS should be in jail.
MCard LOLA
dinizintheoven

Post by dinizintheoven »

Maybe they're thinking of grabbing Ron Dennis from McLaren and are exploring as far untrialled paradigms vis-a-vis rationalising the language and vocabulary of the team with a clear intent to optimising his familiarisation with the working environment at their corporate headquarters?

Either that or they've just signed David Brent. Or Gus Hedges. Maybe both. Can I stir-fry a few other suggestions in the GP Rejects think-wok?
James Allen, on his favourite F1 engine of all time:
"...the Life W12, I can't describe the noise to you, but imagine filling your dustbin with nuts and bolts, and then throwing it down the stairs, it was something akin to that!"
Barbazza

Post by Barbazza »

Yes, I rather think we've taken an unintentional walk down sidetrack avenue there!
AndreaModa

Post by AndreaModa »

Thomas Mayer (former Renault F1 COO, duh) is the new Manor CEO, prompting Dave Ryan to breath a sigh of relief as his workload has just been halved.

https://www.facebook.com/ManorRacing/posts/1028816967174124

My Motorsport Photos

@DNPQ_
Rob Dylan

Post by Rob Dylan »

CoopsII

Post by CoopsII »

Hurrah! And uck at iz ickle chubby face!
Just For One Day...
RonDenisDeletraz

Post by RonDenisDeletraz »

I expect to see Haryanto staying on for as long as his cash allows it
aerond wrote:Yes RDD, but we always knew you never had any sort of taste either :P

tommykl wrote:I have a shite car and meme sponsors, but Corrado Fabi will carry me to the promised land with the power of Lionel Richie.
mario

Post by mario »

RonDenisDeletraz wrote:I expect to see Haryanto staying on for as long as his cash allows it

That might not be very long then - Autosport are now suggesting that Ocon is now in line to replace Haryanto after the German GP, with Mercedes seemingly offering Manor a further discount on their engines in return for giving the seat to Ocon.

At this rate, it makes you wonder if perhaps Mercedes might begin to look towards a deal with Manor that mirrors the sort of deal that Haas struck with Ferrari. It could potentially be in Mercedes's interests, given it could give them a little more leverage in the paddock, whilst still being a relatively cheap way of working with another team that could help give them more data on potential candidates for a seat at the works team.
Martin Brundle, on watching a replay of Grosjean spinning:
"The problem with Grosjean is that he want to take a look back at the corner he's just exited"
AdrianBelmonte_

Post by AdrianBelmonte_ »

#FoxesFansHooligans

#HaasShouldBeSoLucky
EuroBrun

Post by EuroBrun »

Ocon will take Rio's seat from Spa, according to Motorsport.com.

Can't wait to see the reaction of passionate Rio's fans!

Rio has not performed that poorly though, especially in qualifying where PW is just 7-5 ahead.
Last edited by EuroBrun on 10 Aug 2016, 08:31, edited 1 time in total.
AdrianBelmonte_

Post by AdrianBelmonte_ »

EuroBrun wrote:Ocon will take Rio's seat from Spa, according to Motorsport.com.

Can't wait to see the reaction of Rio's fans!

i.e. this forum
#FoxesFansHooligans

#HaasShouldBeSoLucky