2016 Russian GP - Reject of the Race

The place for speaking your mind on current goings-on in F1
DemocalypseNow

2016 Russian GP - Reject of the Race

Post by DemocalypseNow »

You know the deal. You get two picks, first receives 10pts for biggest screw-up of the day, and 6pts to the second biggest screw-up.

Polling closes Tue 3rd May @ 1800 BST!

Biscione's Picks;
1st Daniil Kvyat
2nd Esteban Gutiérrez
Novitopoli wrote:Everytime someone orders at Pizza Hut, an Italian dies.
Novitopoli wrote:Juve's Triplete: Calciopoli, doping & Mafia connections.

Image Image
Meatwad

Re: 2016 Russian GP - Reject of the Race

Post by Meatwad »

1. Daniil Kvyat: This time he was at fault. Completely insane crash.
2. Pascal Wehrlein: I know this is quite harsh but he looked like an accident waiting to happen on several occasions.
Aislabie

Post by Aislabie »

10 points - Manor pit crew
A 27-second tyre-change. Seriously?

6 points - Jolyon Palmer
For being a second a lap off the pace of development driver Sirotkin

Honourable mention - Daniil Kvyat (I figured everyone else would nominate him anyway)
Miguel98

Post by Miguel98 »

1. Daniil Kvyat
2. Stewards (Emanuele Pirro)
Mario on Gutierrez after the Italian Grand Prix wrote:He's no longer just a bit of a tool, he's the entire tool set.

18-07-2015: Forever in our hearts Jules.
25-08-2015: Forever in our hearts Justin.
Londoner

Post by Londoner »

1. Daniil Kvyat - Effectively ended Red Bull's afternoon by turn three of the first lap. Definitely seems to have an unhealthy attraction to Vettel's Ferrari at present...

2.Emanuele Pirro - Can we get a better chief steward than this trigger-happy anus, PLEASE.
Fetzie on Ferrari wrote:How does a driver hurtling around a race track while they're sous-viding in their overalls have a better understanding of the race than a team of strategy engineers in an air-conditioned room?l
mario

Post by mario »

1. Kvyat - if his performance in China relieved some of the pressure on him, his clumsy first lap has only put that pressure right back on him. They mentioned that Marko is considering promoting Verstappen to the parent team - that sort of performance certainly won't have endeared him to the team...

2. Red Bull stratregists - that gamble on trying to run all the way through with the medium tyre backfired horribly, especially since it relied on them passing others in the latter stages of the race with a car that is down on straight line speed to begin with.
Martin Brundle, on watching a replay of Grosjean spinning:
"The problem with Grosjean is that he want to take a look back at the corner he's just exited"
Belegur

Post by Belegur »

Begins and ends with Kvyat. That was just utterly boneheaded.

Given that the race was a bit boring, I'd have to say Toro Rosso gets the 2nd place position. One driver out of the points, one retired, and they're capable of more than that.
Aguaman

Post by Aguaman »

10. Daniil Kvyat

6. Red Bull strategy

HM - Palmer. Seriously what he is?
UncreativeUsername37

Post by UncreativeUsername37 »

1. Kvyat, even if the Ferrari was probably going to blow up anyway
2. Mercedes; yes, they finished 1-2, but this is getting frustrating
Rob Dylan wrote:Mercedes paying homage to the other W12 chassis by breaking down 30 minutes in
solarcold

Post by solarcold »

Daniil Kvyat - unfortunate performance just when he needed good result.

Jolyon Palmer - why would Renault need him anyway?
"Here's your car. Go nuts."
Dallara, 2010
Rob Dylan

Post by Rob Dylan »

1. Red Bull + sister - no points from 4 cars, multiple penalties, poor strategies, a failure, etc.
2. whoever took off Haryanto - Rio could have won this race.
Murray Walker at the 1997 Austrian Grand Prix wrote:The other [Stewart] driver, who nobody's been paying attention to, because he's disappointing, is Jan Magnussen.
Felipe Nasr - the least forgettable F1 driver!
AxelP800

Post by AxelP800 »

1. Kvyat. That was massive irony to the previous race
2. Turn 2. Just put grass on the run off. Solved
Rio Haryanto for the win!
He upon seeing me accidentaly paint Belgian flag rotated 90 deg to right
tommykl returns from the bathroom
tommykl reads the chat logs
tommykl has a stroke
golic_2004

Post by golic_2004 »

1. Kvyat: duh
2. Bernie Ecclestone: Because. Just because.
Williams in the last few years http://imgur.com/sNFFMYF
Aerond
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Aerond »

1. Pirelli: Where were the ultra-softs?
2. Danilel Kuwait
Tread lightly in ARWS. Every decision might be your last.
Normal32

Post by Normal32 »

1. Daniil Kwjat
2. Sauber
Pasta_maldonado wrote:I think normal32 is an old English farmer re-incarnated
SeedStriker

Post by SeedStriker »

1) Daniil Kvyat: From hero to zero, and in home soil. Although if only he would've taken out the Mercs...

2) Red Bull brand: Terrible race
lance_rambert

Post by lance_rambert »

This is pretty easy so...

1st. Russian Brad Keselowski... err, sorry, Daniil Kvyat - He's definitely showing shades of the '14 Brad that kept causing accidents during the Chase and getting the tar beat out of him for doing so, all while claiming "It's just racing!". I was seriously expecting Vettel to go all Jeff Gordon on the radio to say "That bathplug Kvyat, I'm going to beat the shite out of him."

2nd. Red Bull GmbH - One would think that at least one of the sister cars not driven by the idiot above would've saved RB's bacon, but nooope.
Last edited by lance_rambert on 01 May 2016, 16:15, edited 1 time in total.
AdrianBelmonte_

Post by AdrianBelmonte_ »

Daniil Kvyat: this could only get worse, Massa vs Hamilton 2011 revisited

Jolyon Palmer: most hopeless driver since Michael Andretti, he just got (from me) the Deadbeat Teammate Of The Year Award, AND WE HAVE 17 RACES LEFT

HM - Pascal Wehrlein: okay, it was his first time in Sochi, but i was expecting a less anonymous drive
#FoxesFansHooligans

#HaasShouldBeSoLucky
Rob Dylan

Post by Rob Dylan »

AdrianBelmonte_ wrote:Jolyon Palmer: most hopeless driver since Michael Andretti, he just got (from me) the Deadbeat Teammate Of The Year Award, AND WE HAVE 17 RACES LEFT

Geez, there sure is a lot of Palmer hate on here. He's by no means as bad as you're making out he is, and this is only the first time his more experienced teammate has salvaged points from the season so far. It's not like he's expected to get podiums in the current Renault car.
Murray Walker at the 1997 Austrian Grand Prix wrote:The other [Stewart] driver, who nobody's been paying attention to, because he's disappointing, is Jan Magnussen.
Felipe Nasr - the least forgettable F1 driver!
WeirdKerr
Location: on the edge of nowhere with a ludicrous grid penalty.....

Post by WeirdKerr »

:facepalm: Danil
James1978

Post by James1978 »

1. Kvyat the torpedo - though REALLY funny that it was on Vettel again. Wouldn't have been half as funny had it been on anyone else, and it triggered one of the funniest rants I've ever heard. :)

2. Overzealous stewarding.
"Poor old Warwick takes it from behind all throughout this season". :) (Tony Jardine, 1988)
rachel1990

Post by rachel1990 »

1- Daniil Kvyat. Vettel didn't have much to complain about in the last race. He had plenty this time to rip Daniil to shreds. Once again in a Red Bull Kvyat can go from hero to zero.

2- (this is a tough one) Red Bull. Last weekend they were fantastic- this time they have crashed back to earth!
Benetton of 1992. Never a reject
good_Ralf

Post by good_Ralf »

1) Kvyat for his 1st lap collisions.
2) Esteban Gutierrez for his 1st lap collision. I wouldn't be surprised if he scores in only a few races this year (or none at all...), then again I can't forget about Bahrain.
Check out the position of the sun on 2 August at 20:08 in my garden

Allard Kalff in 1994 wrote:OH!! Schumacher in the wall! Right in front of us, Michael Schumacher is in the wall! He's hit the pitwall, he c... Ah, it's Jos Verstappen.
Ciaran

Post by Ciaran »

1. Daniil Suka Blyat, who was probably hoping that Putin would scare the stewards out of considering hitting him with a penalty.
  2. Vladimir Putin, for being unable to scare the stewards out of considering penalties for Kvy-twat.
Manager of Calsonic Team Impul in Formula E, K-Apex in PES & Eurasian F3 and Mitsuoka in Alt-F1 '76.
My career mode thread - 1988: AGS (19pts, 9th) // 1989: Arrows (25pts, 8th, 1 win!)
You'll never DNF if you always DNPQ. #RollSafe
Cynon

Post by Cynon »

Red Bull -- Kvyat is a moron, Ricciardo is uninspiring, and Toro Rosso blew it, too.
Russian Michael Waltrip, known as Daniil Kvyat -- Hopeless driving effectively giving the title to Mercedes after four races.
Check out the TM Master Cup Series on Youtube...
...or check out my random retro IndyCar clips.

Dr. Helmut Marko wrote: Finally we have an Australian in the team who can start a race well and challenge Vettel.
Ataxia
Not Important

Post by Ataxia »

1) Dany Kvyat: After China, I thought "I really hopes this kickstarts Dany's season, and I hope he's able to show some quality in order to give Helmut Marko a headache on the driver selection front". Almost none of that happened. You let me down, DK.

2) Sky F1: Actually giving credence to the "conspiracy theories" around Hamilton's mechanical woes. Luckily, Toto Wolff was on hand to make Crofty squirm on live TV.
Mitch Hedberg wrote:I want to be a race car passenger: just a guy who bugs the driver. Say man, can I turn on the radio? You should slow down. Why do we gotta keep going in circles? Man, you really like Tide...
dinizintheoven

Post by dinizintheoven »

For the full ten points: just going to pile on the agony here for the home-boy, because... of all the drivers you don't want to crash into, he did - twice - in the space of two corners! Wrecked his race, wrecked Seb's, wrecked his team-mate's, and will have the whole of Russia getting wrecked on cheap vodka tonight.

Dishonourable mention and six points for the various brainwrongs I've been having over the last week or so that meant I clean forgot it was a Grand Prix weekend until about 1pm today, when the race was already underway, so it's been a highlights package for both qualifying and the race for me, which - even though I'll have to get used to this a lot more, three years from now - is ultimately unsatisfying.
James Allen, on his favourite F1 engine of all time:
"...the Life W12, I can't describe the noise to you, but imagine filling your dustbin with nuts and bolts, and then throwing it down the stairs, it was something akin to that!"
Samster

Post by Samster »

1. Daniil Kvyat - Who hits the same driver twice in two corners? Way to undo everything from the last race. And all in front of the home crowd. :facepalm:

2. Stewards - Nasr and Sainz get penalties for normal racing yet Hamilton gets up to fifth by barely attempting the first two corners and gets nothing. :facepalm:

Mentions

Vettel and Force India's Luck - What do they have to do to have a clean race?

Joylon Palmer - He's basically Max Chilton only with a better car.

Pascal Wehrlein - Given his opening races rather disappointing and I think he would have been out raced by Haryanto had he not been taken out at the first corner.

Sochi - Becoming the new A1 Ring in terms of always having first corner crashes.
Bobby Doorknobs

Post by Bobby Doorknobs »

1. Sebastian Vettel - Just because :glasses:
2. Nico Rosberg - Cheatsberg won again! How dare he?!

Sorry, but it looks like a foregone conclusion who's going to win at this rate :P
#FreeGonzo
sswishbone

Post by sswishbone »

1) Danil Kyvat - atrocious first lap driving where his critic was justified

2) Sochi's tyrn 1 - put a gravel trap or tyre effecting paint there!
"Hispania are a waste of talent and petrol!" Martin Brundle, Australia Qualifying 2011

Live streams and podcasts from yours truly at http://www.youtube.com/user/sswishbone
andrew

Post by andrew »

Kvyat, for the above reasons

Stewards: seriously where was the consistency and fairness? Sainz gets a very harsh penalty whereas Wehrlien for the same crime was never investigated. Nasr gets a 5 second pen for cutting the corner, Hamilton a reprimand (both would not have been able to make the bollard easily) and kvyat was never investigated for it in pratice.
GerhardTalger

Post by GerhardTalger »

1. Red Bull and Kvyat
2. Alonso not really being able to 'have fun'.
Dan B

Post by Dan B »

Kvyat for this one. What was he thinking?!
Dj_bereta

Post by Dj_bereta »

1 - Kvyat: Well, he caused the mess, you know.

2 - Brazilian TV Coverage: For blabbing about Kvyat crash during all race and saying he deserved to be disqualified from the race. Another issue was the coverage saying Sauber is destroying Nasr career and his agent made a mistake when he didn't try to put the Brazilian in a better team and they insinuate he had other options for 2016 (Renault).
Waiting for Lotus hiring Johnny Cecotto jr.
Peteroli34

Post by Peteroli34 »

1. Turn 2 - Why do we even need that Kink before turn 3

2. Hamilton Conspiracy Theories - Why would Mercedes sabotage one of their cars
LovelyFondmetal

Post by LovelyFondmetal »

1. Daniil Kvyat - Thank you for introducing me to a genuinely new emotion - pity for Seb Vettel

2. Esteban Gutierrez - Amateurish throughout, methinks ROTY will be between him and Palmer if things don't change

Adam :)
DemocalypseNow

Post by DemocalypseNow »

Dj_bereta wrote:2 - Brazilian TV Coverage: For blabbing about Kvyat crash during all race and saying he deserved to be disqualified from the race. Another issue was the coverage saying Sauber is destroying Nasr career and his agent made a mistake when he didn't try to put the Brazilian in a better team and they insinuate he had other options for 2016 (Renault).

Was it just Galvão spouting his usual nonsense, or were Burti and Leme chipping in with some hot air on the issue as well? I'd really like to see "Galvão Bueno" on the ROTR leaderboard :pantano:
Novitopoli wrote:Everytime someone orders at Pizza Hut, an Italian dies.
Novitopoli wrote:Juve's Triplete: Calciopoli, doping & Mafia connections.

Image Image
FMecha

Post by FMecha »

1. Kvyat :facepalm:
2. Vettel's luck
PSN ID: FMecha_EXE | FMecha on GT Sport
Row Man Gross-Gene

Post by Row Man Gross-Gene »

1. Kvyat - for causing the collision in turn 2 by badly missing his braking point.
2. Vettel - for causing the collision in turn 3 by audibly slowing mid-corner. I realize this may have been caused by some other problem, but it wasn't Kvyat's fault in turn 3.
It's just unbelievable...that Formula 1 could be such a ridiculous melange of idiots.

-Jamie McGregor

Check out my colo(u)ring pages website: http://sites.google.com/site/carcoloringpages/
novitopoli
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by novitopoli »

1. Danijl Kwjat: He's quickly become Italy's public enemy no. 3 (no. 1 and 2 being Jorge Lorenzo and Marc Marquez).

2. Esteban Gutierrez: it will be a close fight between him and JP for DBTMOTY.
sw3ishida wrote:Jolyon Palmer brought us closer as a couple, for which I am grateful.

Ataxia wrote:
Londoner wrote:Something I've thought about - what happens to our canon should we have a worldwide recession or some other outside event?

We'll be fine. It's Canon, non Kodak.