The Ali Dia Football/Soccer Thread

The place for anything and everything else to do with F1 history, different forms of motorsport, and all other randomness
Nessafox
Site Donor
Site Donor

Re: The Ali Dia Football/Soccer Thread

Post by Nessafox »

All nice and well that Leicester story, but the important news is that FC Vaduz has just moved up into the 9th place in the Swiss League! (which means no relegation) If they keep it up, they'll be able to play in the Swiss top league for the third year in a row!
I don't know what i want and i want it now!
AdrianBelmonte_

Post by AdrianBelmonte_ »

The whole "Jamie Vardy's having a party" thing just got real tho
#FoxesFansHooligans

#HaasShouldBeSoLucky
AxelP800

Post by AxelP800 »

Congratulations Leicester City!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D :D :D
Underdog --> Topdog
Rio Haryanto for the win!
He upon seeing me accidentaly paint Belgian flag rotated 90 deg to right
tommykl returns from the bathroom
tommykl reads the chat logs
tommykl has a stroke
Nessafox
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Nessafox »

In even more important football news, Kosovo is now accepted by the UEFA. (though not by FIFA, which means they can only enter in European competitions, similar to the status of Gibraltars)
Players who've been capped for other national teams (the likes of Shaqiri or Januzaj) are now free to choose for Kosovo if they want so.

It's been coming for years, but i did expect it would take a while longer before they got accepted. If anything the whole of Serbia's going to be really, really pissed today, but it must be said that unlike the region of Vojvodina, Kosovo has never been part of the Serbian league system. and operated independently all those time. (as opposed to Bosnia-Herzigovina, who share the top leage with the Serbian Republic (alternatively known as Srpska and not to be confused with Serbia), but all lower divisions are split.
AdrianBelmonte_

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHH WE'RE ON THE CHAMPIONS LEAGUE FINAL!!!!!! YAYS!!!
#FoxesFansHooligans

#HaasShouldBeSoLucky
FullMetalJack
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by FullMetalJack »

AdrianBelmonte_ wrote:AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHH WE'RE ON THE CHAMPIONS LEAGUE FINAL!!!!!! YAYS!!!

Congratulations.

Another huge huge game tomorrow as Dover Athletic take on Forest Green Rovers again, having played in a league fixture on the weekend.

Oh, and something about Manchester City playing in a European semi final seems to spring to mind as well.
I like the way Snrub thinks!
DemocalypseNow

Post by DemocalypseNow »

“Felipe Melo wants to play for Inter next season. He won’t go to any other club, because he’s happy in Milan.”

Novitopoli wrote:Everytime someone orders at Pizza Hut, an Italian dies.
Novitopoli wrote:Juve's Triplete: Calciopoli, doping & Mafia connections.

Image Image
Ataxia
Not Important

Post by Ataxia »

I would imagine Rob is avoiding the St. Totteringham's Day celebrations in North London...not entirely sure how they managed to fall behind Arsenal yet again.

In other news, East Stirlingshire become the first side to be relegated from the Scottish League Two, as they lost to Edinburgh City in the play-offs. It's not too much of a surprise, East Stirling have finished bottom of that league plenty of times in the past 15 years or so.
Mitch Hedberg wrote:I want to be a race car passenger: just a guy who bugs the driver. Say man, can I turn on the radio? You should slow down. Why do we gotta keep going in circles? Man, you really like Tide...
roblo97

Post by roblo97 »

Ataxia wrote:I would imagine Rob is avoiding the St. Totteringham's Day celebrations in North London...not entirely sure how they managed to fall behind Arsenal yet again.

I myself am at home wondering how the hell we managed to lose 5-1 to a team that spent a fair chunk of the second half with 10 players and had already been relegated.
Mexicola wrote:
shinji wrote:
Mexicola wrote: I'd rather listen to a dog lick its balls. Each to their own, I guess.

Does listening to a dog licking its balls get you excited?

That's between me and my internet service provider.

One of those journalist types.
270 Tube stations in 18:42:50!
Alextrax52

Post by Alextrax52 »

roblomas52 wrote:
Ataxia wrote:I would imagine Rob is avoiding the St. Totteringham's Day celebrations in North London...not entirely sure how they managed to fall behind Arsenal yet again.

I myself am at home wondering how the hell we managed to lose 5-1 to a team that spent a fair chunk of the second half with 10 players and had already been relegated.

Still plenty of Positives this season Rob. First ever top 3 finish in the premier league, Pochettino agreeing a new deal, Harry Kane winning the Golden Boot, Dele Alli, I could go on. As for Arsenal a first finish in the top 2 since 2005 but why didn't they spend in the summer? They could have easily won the league if they did.

Elsewhere a bomb threat cancelled Manchester United vs Bournemouth. Now I'm as far away from being a Man United fan as the next man but this has got no place in football at all. I actually condemn those who bantered about it.

And from a Liverpool perspective if you told me at the start of the season that we'd reach 2 cup finals one being a European final when we kept Brendan Rodgers on board I'd have gladly taken that. There's plenty of promise within the squad and when Jurgen Klopp gets down to his transfer business then I cannot wait for August.
dinizintheoven

Post by dinizintheoven »

Ataxia wrote:In other news, East Stirlingshire become the first side to be relegated from the Scottish League Two, as they lost to Edinburgh City in the play-offs. It's not too much of a surprise, East Stirling have finished bottom of that league plenty of times in the past 15 years or so.

And thus concludes the story of Scotland's most rejectful League team. Back in the days when the English league had one relegation spot out of Division Four, the gap between the League and the Conference was considered to be so great that the former League team would crush the Conference competition and bounce straight back up, especially as any of the regular Conference sides also had to pass a ground inspection to see if their stadium was up to the job. I suspect that, given the nature of the relegation-promotion play-off between the Highland and Lowland Leagues and the bottom club in the SPFL, it is going to be painfully difficult for East Stirlingshire ever to be promoted back into the SPFL and I would suspect they'll be stuck in the Lowland League for many years to come.

I might not be anywhere near as interested in football now as I was 20-25 years ago but I always wondered if Scotland would ever allow its non-League clubs to step up somehow - in all that time I can only remember the acceptance of Ross County, Inverness Caledonian Thistle (which used to be two separate clubs), Elgin City, Peterhead, Gretna and Annan Athletic entering the League - and Annan were only brought in because Gretna went bang, whose initial promotion was in turn at the expense of Clydebank.

Meanwhile, to see if it really was easier to return to the English League in t'old days, I'll see how all those clubs fared who were League members for any length of time but who were given a bitter taste of non-League life, ever since the trap door opened from the bottom of Division Four in 1986-87. The 1988-89 season is the first one of these I remember seeing as it happened.

As it turns out there are 33 of them, although some had far more of a lengthy non-League history and only had a brief spell in the League.

OUT, IN AGAIN AND STILL IN:
Newport County: relegated to the Conference 1987-88, collapsed February 1989. Restarted as Newport FC (soon to become Newport County again) in 1989-90 in the Hellenic League Premier Division (level 8). Promoted back into the League 2012-13.
Colchester United: relegated to the Conference 1989-90, promoted back into the League 1991-92.
Doncaster Rovers: relegated to the Conference 1997-98, promoted back into the League 2002-03.
Exeter City: relegated to the Conference 2002-03, promoted back to the League 2007-08.
Shrewsbury Town: relegated to the Conference 2002-03, promoted back into the League 2003-04.
Carlisle United: relegated to the Conference 2003-04, promoted back into the League 2004-05.
Cambridge United: relegated to the Conference 2004-05, promoted back into the League 2013-14.
Oxford United: relegated to the Conference 2005-06, promoted back into the League 2009-10.
Mansfield Town: relegated to the Conference 2007-08, promoted back into the League 2012-13.
Luton Town: relegated to the Conference 2008-09, promoted back into the League 2013-14.
Grimsby Town: relegated to the Conference 2009-10, promoted back into the League 2015-16 (even though the 2016-17 season hasn't started yet).
Bristol Rovers: relegated to the Conference 2013-14, promoted back into the League 2014-15.
Cheltenham Town: relegated to the National League 2014-15, promoted back into the League 2015-16 (see also Grimsby).

OUT, THEN IN, THEN OUT AGAIN:
Lincoln City: relegated to the Conference 1986-87, promoted back into the League 1987-88. Relegated again 2010-11 and still in the National League.
Darlington: relegated to the Conference 1988-89, promoted back into the League 1989-90. Relegated again 2009-10, collapsed May 2012. Restarted as Darlington 1883 in Northern League Division One (level 9), promoted to National League North 2015-16.
Aldershot: collapsed March 1992. Reformed as Aldershot Town in Isthmian League Division Three (level 9). Promoted back into the League 2007-08; relegated back to the Conference 2012-13.
Halifax Town: relegated to the Conference 1992-93, promoted back into the League 1997-98. Relegated again in 2001-02, collapsed May 2008. Reformed as FC Halifax Town in the Northern Premier League Division One North (level 8); reached the National League again but relegated to National League North in 2015-16.
Hereford United: relegated to the Conference 1996-97, promoted back into the League 2005-06. Relegated again in 2011-12, collapsed December 2014. Reformed as Hereford FC in the Midland League First Division (level 9) 2015-16, immediately promoted to Southern League Division One South & West,
Chester City: relegated to the Conference 1999-2000. promoted back into the League 2003-04. Relegated again 2008-09, collapsed March 2010. Reformed as Chester FC in Northern League Division One North (level 8); now back in the National League.
York City: relegated to the Conference 2003-04, promoted back into the League 2011-12. Relegated again 2015-16.
Torquay United: relegated to the Conference 2006-07, promoted back into the League 2008-09. Relegated again 2013-14.

OUT, IN, OUT (shake it all about) BUT FINALLY IN AGAIN:
Barnet: relegated to the Conference 2000-01. Promoted back to the League 2004-05, relegated again in 2012-13, promoted 2014-15.

OUT... AND STILL OUT TO THIS DAY
Maidstone United: collapsed August 1992. Reformed as Maidstone Invicta (and later changed the name back in 1997) in Kent County League Division 4 West (level 15!) - manny promotions later, including this season and they're playing in the National League for 2016-17.
Scarborough: relegated to the Conference 1998-99, and again to Conference North 2005-06. Collapsed June 2007, reformed as Scarborough Athletic in Northern Counties East League Division One (level 10); now in Northern Premier League Division One North (level 8).
Kidderminster Harriers: relegated to the Conference 2004-05. Relegated again to National League North 2015-16.
Rushden & Diamonds: relegated to the Conference 2005-06, collapsed June 2011. Reformed as AFC Rushden & Diamonds in 2012-13 United Counties League Division One (level 10), now in Southern League Division One Central (level 8).
Boston United: relegated two divisions to Conference North 2006-07, and two more to Northern Premier League Division One North in 2007-08. Now back up to National League North.
Wrexham: relegated to the Conference 2007-08, and still there.
Stockport County: relegated to the Conference 2010-11, and again to Conference North in 2012-13.
Macclesfield Town: relegated to the Conference 2011-12, and still there.
Tranmere Rovers: relegated to the National League 2014-15, and still there.
Dagenham & Redbridge: relegated to the National League 2015-16, and will kick off in that division in August.

AND A SPECIAL MENTION TO:
Wimbledon: had the carpet pulled from under them in 2003-04. Formed AFC Wimbledon, promoted to the League in 2010-11.

It was pointed out that the 2008-09 League One season, Leicester City were playing league matches against Hereford United and Stockport County. Hereford, of course, went to the wall - but Stockport are one of only two clubs I've found (the other being Kidderminster Harriers, who only had a few short years in the League) to have dropped to the sixth tier without having extra financial problems to further force their passage downwards (which Boston United did without collapsing completely). I wonder what happened to Leicester since the dark days of their single season in the third tier...
James Allen, on his favourite F1 engine of all time:
"...the Life W12, I can't describe the noise to you, but imagine filling your dustbin with nuts and bolts, and then throwing it down the stairs, it was something akin to that!"
DemocalypseNow

Post by DemocalypseNow »

I fancy making Edinburgh City my new 'home' team - even if I live closer to Tynecastle than Meadowbank.

Give it four years and they'll be above Hibernian in the SFL league system, I bet!
Novitopoli wrote:Everytime someone orders at Pizza Hut, an Italian dies.
Novitopoli wrote:Juve's Triplete: Calciopoli, doping & Mafia connections.

Image Image
FullMetalJack
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by FullMetalJack »

dinizintheoven wrote:
Ataxia wrote:In other news, East Stirlingshire become the first side to be relegated from the Scottish League Two, as they lost to Edinburgh City in the play-offs. It's not too much of a surprise, East Stirling have finished bottom of that league plenty of times in the past 15 years or so.

And thus concludes the story of Scotland's most rejectful League team. Back in the days when the English league had one relegation spot out of Division Four, the gap between the League and the Conference was considered to be so great that the former League team would crush the Conference competition and bounce straight back up, especially as any of the regular Conference sides also had to pass a ground inspection to see if their stadium was up to the job. I suspect that, given the nature of the relegation-promotion play-off between the Highland and Lowland Leagues and the bottom club in the SPFL, it is going to be painfully difficult for East Stirlingshire ever to be promoted back into the SPFL and I would suspect they'll be stuck in the Lowland League for many years to come.

I might not be anywhere near as interested in football now as I was 20-25 years ago but I always wondered if Scotland would ever allow its non-League clubs to step up somehow - in all that time I can only remember the acceptance of Ross County, Inverness Caledonian Thistle (which used to be two separate clubs), Elgin City, Peterhead, Gretna and Annan Athletic entering the League - and Annan were only brought in because Gretna went bang, whose initial promotion was in turn at the expense of Clydebank.

Meanwhile, to see if it really was easier to return to the English League in t'old days, I'll see how all those clubs fared who were League members for any length of time but who were given a bitter taste of non-League life, ever since the trap door opened from the bottom of Division Four in 1986-87. The 1988-89 season is the first one of these I remember seeing as it happened.

As it turns out there are 33 of them, although some had far more of a lengthy non-League history and only had a brief spell in the League.

OUT, IN AGAIN AND STILL IN:
Newport County: relegated to the Conference 1987-88, collapsed February 1989. Restarted as Newport FC (soon to become Newport County again) in 1989-90 in the Hellenic League Premier Division (level 8). Promoted back into the League 2012-13.
Colchester United: relegated to the Conference 1989-90, promoted back into the League 1991-92.
Doncaster Rovers: relegated to the Conference 1997-98, promoted back into the League 2002-03.
Exeter City: relegated to the Conference 2002-03, promoted back to the League 2007-08.
Shrewsbury Town: relegated to the Conference 2002-03, promoted back into the League 2003-04.
Carlisle United: relegated to the Conference 2003-04, promoted back into the League 2004-05.
Cambridge United: relegated to the Conference 2004-05, promoted back into the League 2013-14.
Oxford United: relegated to the Conference 2005-06, promoted back into the League 2009-10.
Mansfield Town: relegated to the Conference 2007-08, promoted back into the League 2012-13.
Luton Town: relegated to the Conference 2008-09, promoted back into the League 2013-14.
Grimsby Town: relegated to the Conference 2009-10, promoted back into the League 2015-16 (even though the 2016-17 season hasn't started yet).
Bristol Rovers: relegated to the Conference 2013-14, promoted back into the League 2014-15.
Cheltenham Town: relegated to the National League 2014-15, promoted back into the League 2015-16 (see also Grimsby).

OUT, THEN IN, THEN OUT AGAIN:
Lincoln City: relegated to the Conference 1986-87, promoted back into the League 1987-88. Relegated again 2010-11 and still in the National League.
Darlington: relegated to the Conference 1988-89, promoted back into the League 1989-90. Relegated again 2009-10, collapsed May 2012. Restarted as Darlington 1883 in Northern League Division One (level 9), promoted to National League North 2015-16.
Aldershot: collapsed March 1992. Reformed as Aldershot Town in Isthmian League Division Three (level 9). Promoted back into the League 2007-08; relegated back to the Conference 2012-13.
Halifax Town: relegated to the Conference 1992-93, promoted back into the League 1997-98. Relegated again in 2001-02, collapsed May 2008. Reformed as FC Halifax Town in the Northern Premier League Division One North (level 8); reached the National League again but relegated to National League North in 2015-16.
Hereford United: relegated to the Conference 1996-97, promoted back into the League 2005-06. Relegated again in 2011-12, collapsed December 2014. Reformed as Hereford FC in the Midland League First Division (level 9) 2015-16, immediately promoted to Southern League Division One South & West,
Chester City: relegated to the Conference 1999-2000. promoted back into the League 2003-04. Relegated again 2008-09, collapsed March 2010. Reformed as Chester FC in Northern League Division One North (level 8); now back in the National League.
York City: relegated to the Conference 2003-04, promoted back into the League 2011-12. Relegated again 2015-16.
Torquay United: relegated to the Conference 2006-07, promoted back into the League 2008-09. Relegated again 2013-14.

OUT, IN, OUT (shake it all about) BUT FINALLY IN AGAIN:
Barnet: relegated to the Conference 2000-01. Promoted back to the League 2004-05, relegated again in 2012-13, promoted 2014-15.

OUT... AND STILL OUT TO THIS DAY
Maidstone United: collapsed August 1992. Reformed as Maidstone Invicta (and later changed the name back in 1997) in Kent County League Division 4 West (level 15!) - manny promotions later, including this season and they're playing in the National League for 2016-17.
Scarborough: relegated to the Conference 1998-99, and again to Conference North 2005-06. Collapsed June 2007, reformed as Scarborough Athletic in Northern Counties East League Division One (level 10); now in Northern Premier League Division One North (level 8).
Kidderminster Harriers: relegated to the Conference 2004-05. Relegated again to National League North 2015-16.
Rushden & Diamonds: relegated to the Conference 2005-06, collapsed June 2011. Reformed as AFC Rushden & Diamonds in 2012-13 United Counties League Division One (level 10), now in Southern League Division One Central (level 8).
Boston United: relegated two divisions to Conference North 2006-07, and two more to Northern Premier League Division One North in 2007-08. Now back up to National League North.
Wrexham: relegated to the Conference 2007-08, and still there.
Stockport County: relegated to the Conference 2010-11, and again to Conference North in 2012-13.
Macclesfield Town: relegated to the Conference 2011-12, and still there.
Tranmere Rovers: relegated to the National League 2014-15, and still there.
Dagenham & Redbridge: relegated to the National League 2015-16, and will kick off in that division in August.

AND A SPECIAL MENTION TO:
Wimbledon: had the carpet pulled from under them in 2003-04. Formed AFC Wimbledon, promoted to the League in 2010-11.

It was pointed out that the 2008-09 League One season, Leicester City were playing league matches against Hereford United and Stockport County. Hereford, of course, went to the wall - but Stockport are one of only two clubs I've found (the other being Kidderminster Harriers, who only had a few short years in the League) to have dropped to the sixth tier without having extra financial problems to further force their passage downwards (which Boston United did without collapsing completely). I wonder what happened to Leicester since the dark days of their single season in the third tier...

Wow Diniz, an excellent read. I knew about most of these clubs, but I wasn't aware about just how low down the football pyramid Maidstone had to start. They've done very well to get back as far as they have.

On another note, I have to ask what on earth Roy Hodgson is smoking to leave Mark Noble out of the England squad? I'm convinced he has some sort of agenda against West Ham.
I like the way Snrub thinks!
Barbazza

Post by Barbazza »

Tell me about it - most of us Hammers are very frustrated about it. I'm no Carroll fan and I don't think he's better than the strikers that Roy has picked, but how Noble doesn't get in when he's picked 2 crocked players and Fabian bloody Delph is anyone's guess.

Oh, and Aaron Cresswell is better than Ryan Bertrand and that thug Walker as well.
Alextrax52

Post by Alextrax52 »

Looking at the England squad I think most of it is solid but here were my eyesores

Delph and Sterling, can anyone explain to me what they've actually done to justify a place on the team. OK they may have had injuries but even when they've been fit they've not looked the part

Wilshere has only played 90 minutes once all season having been out injured and gets picked over Mark Noble. I don't agree with Henderson getting selected either having just come back from injury himself.

As for Rashford I'm just hoping that he just plays the friendlies because he is massively talented and if he gets chosen to do the actual tournament there may be the chance that he gets scapegoated for another failure
Ataxia
Not Important

Post by Ataxia »

Freeze-O-Kimi wrote:Looking at the England squad I think most of it is solid but here were my eyesores

Delph and Sterling, can anyone explain to me what they've actually done to justify a place on the team. OK they may have had injuries but even when they've been fit they've not looked the part

Wilshere has only played 90 minutes once all season having been out injured and gets picked over Mark Noble. I don't agree with Henderson getting selected either having just come back from injury himself.

As for Rashford I'm just hoping that he just plays the friendlies because he is massively talented and if he gets chosen to do the actual tournament there may be the chance that he gets scapegoated for another failure

Sterling's the only half-decent left-sided player England has (and he's been reasonable for Man City, it must be said). In Delph's case, I think Roy just likes the fella.

I don't see Rashford or Delph making it past the cut-off, and maybe Townsend is next in line for the chop. Also strange to see only three centre-backs, but I guess Dier can fill in if needs must. To be honest, I personally wouldn't take Rooney, since he hasn't performed in an international tournament since Euro 2004.
Mitch Hedberg wrote:I want to be a race car passenger: just a guy who bugs the driver. Say man, can I turn on the radio? You should slow down. Why do we gotta keep going in circles? Man, you really like Tide...
dinizintheoven

Post by dinizintheoven »

FullMetalJack wrote:Wow Diniz, an excellent read. I knew about most of these clubs, but I wasn't aware about just how low down the football pyramid Maidstone had to start. They've done very well to get back as far as they have.

Apparently it was just because they had no ground, so had to start right at the very bottom of the leagues that were available to them. Here's how they did it:

1993-94 - Champions of Kent County League Division 4 West (level 15) - promoted two levels due to league restructuring and the abandonment of Division 4
1994-95 - Champions of Kent County League Division 2 (level 13)
1998-99 - Champions of Kent County League Division 1 (level 12) - now back as Maidstone United since 1997
2000-01 - 3rd in Kent County League Premier Division (level 11) - applied for promotion to Kent League Premier Division, two levels up, via a groundshare with Sittingbourne so they could reach the required Kent League standard... and they got it! Note that Kent didn't have a suitable level 10 league at the time and this was the only way out of the Kent County League.
2001-02 - Champions of Kent League Premier Division (level 9)... but denied promotion due to lease problems with the groundshare
2005-06 - Champions again of Kent League Premier Division - promoted this time!
2006-07 - Champions of Isthmian League Division One South (level 8)
2010-11 - 20th in Isthmian League Premier Division (level 7) - relegated
2012-13 - 2nd in Isthmian League Division One South - promoted
2014-15 - Champions of Isthmian League Premier Division
2015-16 - 3rd in National League South (level 6) - won the promotion play-offs!

All this means the "new" Maidstone United, after 23 years of hard slog, will be back in the same division as the "old" Maidstone United were in from 1979-89 before they were promoted into the Football League (at the expense of Darlington) for three seasons until the house of cards came crashing down.

Also, an interesting note about Leicester City playing a league match against Stockport County in 2008-09 that I should have mentioned earlier: while Leicester had the chance to win the title by beating Manchester United at Old Trafford (which was a draw but only delayed the inevitable), Stockport were "enjoying" - if that's the right word - a local derby against, would you believe it, FC United of Manchester. They're doing all right for a club formed only 11 years ago, albeit with a ready-made fanbase... even if, unlike Maidstone, they only had to start from the relatively dizzy heights of level 10 and the North West Counties League Division Two to get where they are today by a mere four promotions.

Both matches between Leicester and Stockport in 2008-09 ended in a draw. Stockport's matches against FCUM this year both ended in a 2-1 away win. Make of that what you will...
James Allen, on his favourite F1 engine of all time:
"...the Life W12, I can't describe the noise to you, but imagine filling your dustbin with nuts and bolts, and then throwing it down the stairs, it was something akin to that!"
Nessafox
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Nessafox »

So what has happened in Belgium when i was away?
-Well, as predicted, WS Brussels failed to get their license. Now they are appealing that decision in ever possible legal way. But considering the shadyness of the team, it remains to be seen. For the moment, we can conclude that Eupen will be the team that gets promoted to division 1A.
-A few teams, mostly OH Leuven, protested Mouscron-Péruwelz' license. But the conclusion was that they are totally correct with the french version of the regulations. Aparrently those regulations aren't the same in dutch because of mistranslation. Belgian professionalism at its best. However, the Fifa is still looking into this case, because Mouscron is still probably in breach of Fifa-imposed regulations.
-Club Brugge won a title after a 13 year dry spell. If they are no truly back, at least we'll have more regular opposition to Anderlecht, because so far we only had a few glitches from Standard, Genk and Gent.
-Gent is doing everything they can to trow away their well starting season. They can mathematicall still end up second, but also fourth, and because of the play off system (not going to repeat it), they can still miss European football at all.
-TommyKL's pride Sprimont Comblain is somehow actually promoted to first amateur league... (and they did what i asked them, nl. win against Sporting Hasselt, however, Sporting still has a chance to get promoted too, unfortunately. Because i want to see a Hasselt derby in second amateur)
-If you look at the squadlist for Euro2016, you'll see one thing immediatly: what a weak defense! We have 4 decent basis players, but all the rest are not up to European standards (or not yet)
-Kosovo and Gibraltar now also got accepted by the FIFA and are allowed to already participate in the 2018 qualifiers.
AdrianBelmonte_

Less than 48 hours until the UCL final kick-off, i'm scared af
#FoxesFansHooligans

#HaasShouldBeSoLucky
AxelP800

Post by AxelP800 »

A super rejectful material....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oQ8tq-eg6CI

Basically this Micronesian team just played their first games. The behemoth number shall not be missed, as this is maybe the biggest amount of goals scored that is captured on video.
Rio Haryanto for the win!
He upon seeing me accidentaly paint Belgian flag rotated 90 deg to right
tommykl returns from the bathroom
tommykl reads the chat logs
tommykl has a stroke
Nessafox
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Nessafox »

AxelP800 wrote:A super rejectful material....

Basically this Micronesian team just played their first games. The behemoth number shall not be missed, as this is maybe the biggest amount of goals scored that is captured on video.

It's their first match, but still, Vanuatu isn't exactly Germany... To be honest it gets boring to watch pretty quick.
Bobby Doorknobs

Post by Bobby Doorknobs »

This wrote:

It's their first match, but still, Vanuatu isn't exactly Germany... To be honest it gets boring to watch pretty quick.

Third match, actually :glasses:
#FreeGonzo
Nessafox
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Nessafox »

Meanwhile in Belgium: our defensive players are dropping like flies because of unjuries. We already lost Kompany and Lombaerts and now Vermaelen has trouble too (unlikely to be able to play full matches). Let's burn some candles that we at least be able to keep Vertonghen and Alderwereild or else we're going to lose every game with 5 goals difference. The likes of Denayer and Munier defenitely won't do it, Ciman is decent but was never international standard.. Jordan Lukaku is promising though and got no opinion on the new guy Kabasele yet, but considering he hasn't played a single interland game, that's risky too.

Of course it would help a lot if our offensive players... you know... actually score goals...

On a more positive note. The fans of KV mechelen are actually trying to get their city rivals Racing Mechelen to get more supporters to keep them from bankrupcy. Having sold most of their assets, that's probably the last chance that team will get to survive. (reviving their glory days will probably never happen) Nice to see rivals not stabbing out each others eyes.

In more bad new though, Duchatelet has returned to STVV. Yup, relegation next seasion is official now. :cry:
watka
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by watka »

If you enjoyed that then I can highly recommend a book called Up Pohnpei. It's the account of a sports journalist, Paul Watson (the brother of comedian Mark Watson), who goes to Micronesia and becomes manager of the Pohnpei national team. The results are predictable but it is written very respectfully and in fact is pretty heartwarming.
Watka - you know, the swimming horses guy
AdrianBelmonte_

So CD Leganés have done it, they will be in La Liga the next season
#FoxesFansHooligans

#HaasShouldBeSoLucky
watka
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by watka »

AdrianBelmonte_ wrote:So CD Leganés have done it, they will be in La Liga the next season

Being a Espanyol fan in terms of Catalan teams (I like to be contrary), I think I have a new favourite Madrid team!
Dj_bereta

Post by Dj_bereta »

Brazil finally takes revenge of the humiliation suffered against Germany winning by 7x1... Haiti in the Copa América.
Waiting for Lotus hiring Johnny Cecotto jr.
watka
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by watka »

Dj_bereta wrote:Brazil finally takes revenge of the humiliation suffered against Germany winning by 7x1... Haiti in the Copa América.

And then getting dumped out by Peru!

Unfortunately, there's been no real shocks in the Euros yet. Albania and Northern Ireland were plucky but ended up losing their openers 1-0. Wales got the win, but it was against Slovakia, probably the easiest opponent in the group. The biggest surprise so far was probably last night's 2-0 victory for Italy over Belgium. Belgium have some incredibly talented players, but don't really play as a team IMO. Today, we have Iceland and Hungary playing so hopefully we can have our first real shock of the tournament!

Now for the real reason I'm here (lol), is anyone collecting the Panini stickers for Euro 2016? I need to do some swapping!
Dj_bereta

Post by Dj_bereta »

watka wrote:
Dj_bereta wrote:Brazil finally takes revenge of the humiliation suffered against Germany winning by 7x1... Haiti in the Copa América.

And then getting dumped out by Peru!

And Dunga was fired today. What a bad karma. I'm start to think Brazil will fail to qualify to the next world cup. Although Uruguay isn't in a good shape and still a one player team (a Luis Suarez team).
Waiting for Lotus hiring Johnny Cecotto jr.
UncreativeUsername37

Post by UncreativeUsername37 »

Iceland draw Portugal!
Rob Dylan wrote:Mercedes paying homage to the other W12 chassis by breaking down 30 minutes in
WeirdKerr
Location: on the edge of nowhere with a ludicrous grid penalty.....

Post by WeirdKerr »

UgncreativeUsergname wrote:Iceland draw Portugal!

Eyjafjallajökull!!!
Nessafox
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Nessafox »

Also, Australia lost against HWNSNBM.

Meanwhile, Russia is now officially 'conditionally disqualified'. Some journalist works (not sure how credible they are) are suggesting the hooliganism is professionally prepared, and some members of the Russian football federation are involved with organising this kind of stuff.

Meanwhile Belgiums tournament tagline is #stillbetterthanthenetherlands.

Also, somewhere this week apparently i had my 5000th post. Yeay.
AdrianBelmonte_

This wrote:Meanwhile, Russia is now officially 'conditionally disqualified'. Some journalist works (not sure how credible they are) are suggesting the hooliganism is professionally prepared, and some members of the Russian football federation are involved with organising this kind of stuff.

In this moment they lost to Slovakia #true
#FoxesFansHooligans

#HaasShouldBeSoLucky
Alextrax52

Post by Alextrax52 »

This wrote:Also, Australia lost against HWNSNBM.

I didn't know the Australian team had changed nationality to compete as Austria ;)

Anyway Slovakia defeating Russia only compounds the miserable tournament the Russians were having. I dread to think what's going to happen at the next World Cup.
Nessafox
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Nessafox »

Freeze-O-Kimi wrote:
This wrote:Also, Australia lost against HWNSNBM.

I didn't know the Australian team had changed nationality to compete as Austria ;)

You know, it's a punny joke, you should rofl.
WeirdKerr

Post by WeirdKerr »

I heard there was a match involving Austria - Hungary I wondered who they were playing against.....
Nessafox
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Nessafox »

WeirdKerr wrote:I heard there was a match involving Austria - Hungary I wondered who they were playing against.....

Portugal and Iceland.
Bobby Doorknobs

Post by Bobby Doorknobs »

WeirdKerr wrote:I heard there was a match involving Austria - Hungary I wondered who they were playing against.....

I've seen this joke elsewhere on the internet, yet there seemed to be no one pointing out that they had separate teams even before the First World War...
#FreeGonzo
WeirdKerr

Post by WeirdKerr »

Simtek wrote:

I've seen this joke elsewhere on the internet, yet there seemed to be no one pointing out that they had separate teams even before the First World War...

I know its an old joke and also inacurate also im just feeling left out because Scotland could not into France.... :(
Nessafox
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Nessafox »

WeirdKerr wrote:
Simtek wrote:

I know its an old joke and also inacurate also im just feeling left out because Scotland could not into France.... :(

Scotland can join the #stillbetterthanthenetherlands feeling, though.