The Alessandro Zanardi IndyCar Thread

The place for anything and everything else to do with F1 history, different forms of motorsport, and all other randomness
golic_2004

Re: The Alessandro Zanardi IndyCar Thread

Post by golic_2004 »

And GP Reject Bourdais wins with Conor Daly takes 2nd!
Williams in the last few years http://imgur.com/sNFFMYF
Londoner

Post by Londoner »

I've never seen Hinch that angry before. :chilton:
Fetzie on Ferrari wrote:How does a driver hurtling around a race track while they're sous-viding in their overalls have a better understanding of the race than a team of strategy engineers in an air-conditioned room?l
lance_rambert

Post by lance_rambert »

Lol that start. Kimball squeezed Munoz, who in turn squeezes Hinch into the wall and goes out of the race. Oh yeah, Sato ends up spinning in the middle of that too.

Hopefully Hinch watches the replay before he decides to have words/fisticuffs with Munoz because he wasn't at fault there...

Cheever, FFS. Are Toyota and Toro Rosso THAT hard to distinguish? :facepalm:
Dj_bereta

Post by Dj_bereta »

Now Pagenaud has a 80 points lead over Dixon. Obviously everything can happen, especially at the season finally in Sonoma. But if he keeps with this form, I think he will won the title before the finale.

Race 2 two ROTR to Montoya.

Helio unlucky is hitting him hard in this season. It's the third race in-a-row which he had some kind of misfortune.
Waiting for Lotus hiring Johnny Cecotto jr.
Yannick

Post by Yannick »

I tried watching the Belle Isle Sunday race but couldn't find a stream that worked well with my rather low speed connection, so I finally gave up.

Next up is TMS which I also will not be watching for various reasons, the most obvious of which being conflicting time zones: I need to have a good night's sleep :pantano:
"I don't think we should be used to finance (the manufacturers') R&D because they will produce that engine anyway" said Monisha Kaltenborn.
"You will never see a Mercedes using a Ferrari engine or the other way round."
UncreativeUsername37

Post by UncreativeUsername37 »

Yannick wrote:I tried watching the Belle Isle Sunday race but couldn't find a stream that worked well with my rather low speed connection, so I finally gave up.

Next up is TMS which I also will not be watching for various reasons, the most obvious of which being conflicting time zones: I need to have a good night's sleep :pantano:

If you're willing to deal with a delay of a few days, IndyCar has a YouTube channel they put the full races on.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCy1F61 ... Xi2Voa_fUw
Rob Dylan wrote:Mercedes paying homage to the other W12 chassis by breaking down 30 minutes in
dr-baker

Post by dr-baker »

UgncreativeUsergname wrote:
Yannick wrote:I tried watching the Belle Isle Sunday race but couldn't find a stream that worked well with my rather low speed connection, so I finally gave up.

If you're willing to deal with a delay of a few days, IndyCar has a YouTube channel they put the full races on.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCy1F61 ... Xi2Voa_fUw

It's how I've ended up watching most of the races this year (the ones that I've had the time to watch).
watka wrote:I find it amusing that whilst you're one of the more openly Christian guys here, you are still first and foremost associated with an eye for the ladies!
dinizintheoven wrote:GOOD CHRISTIANS do not go to jail. EVERYONE ON FORMULA ONE REJECTS should be in jail.
MCard LOLA
Dj_bereta

Post by Dj_bereta »

The race in Texas was canceled again due the rain. Will return in August, 27, resuming the track positions after 71 laps done.
Londoner

Post by Londoner »

Just watched a video of the Daly/Newgarden crash, and it was scarily similar to Greg Moore's crash at Fontana. The second impact with the wall was hard to watch. Josef's a very, very lucky man to still be here. :shock:
Fetzie on Ferrari wrote:How does a driver hurtling around a race track while they're sous-viding in their overalls have a better understanding of the race than a team of strategy engineers in an air-conditioned room?l
Bobby Doorknobs

Post by Bobby Doorknobs »

Who are Sebastien Bqourdais and Takamu Sato?
#FreeGonzo
Londoner

Post by Londoner »

After IndyCar's successful return to Road America this year, there's now murmurings that Surfers Paradise might be coming back for 2017. :o :D

If IndyCar could get Cleveland, Fontana and Laguna Seca back on the calendar as well, they'd be making a killing. :dance:
Yannick

Post by Yannick »

The schedule looks pretty solid right now. It would be amazing if IndyCar could work out bring in Road America boss George Bruggenthies and his team to promote Milwaukee which has often been discussed by fans (of Robin Miller it was, I think). If Road America continues to prosper and /or even improves next year, Milwaukee might return in 2018 in this way. That would be cool.

I don't think it's likely that IndyCar will ever return to Surfers because of the light railway. There are still plenty of drivers in the series that Australian fans could cheer for, though. So a return to any Australian racetrack surely would be embraced by Australian motorsport fans.

At this point, the only track with a ? next to its name for next year is Pocono because they are in a contract negotiation year. We'll see how that develops. If they stay on, IndyCar might even gain an additional venue for next year with Gateway.
"I don't think we should be used to finance (the manufacturers') R&D because they will produce that engine anyway" said Monisha Kaltenborn.
Yannick

Reverend McDonald sighting at Iowa Speedway today

Post by Yannick »

:pantano:

On another forum, a poster showcased a photo of none other than Pastor Maldonado visiting KVSH Racing at Iowa Speedway today: http://www.trackforum.com/forums/showth ... ost4027300
Miguel98

Re: Reverend McDonald sighting at Iowa Speedway today

Post by Miguel98 »

Yannick wrote::pantano:

On another forum, a poster showcased a photo of none other than Pastor Maldonado visiting KVSH Racing at Iowa Speedway today: http://www.trackforum.com/forums/showth ... ost4027300

And following up on said photo, he talked to Motorsport.com and confirmed he was interesting in taking up a IndyCar drive in the near future. Yes, please! :D

http://www.motorsport.com/indycar/news/maldonado-expresses-indycar-interest-as-he-visits-iowa-797310/
Mario on Gutierrez after the Italian Grand Prix wrote:He's no longer just a bit of a tool, he's the entire tool set.

18-07-2015: Forever in our hearts Jules.
25-08-2015: Forever in our hearts Justin.
Yannick

Post by Yannick »

The talented :chilton: will start 4th in today's Iowa Corn Indy at Iowa Speedway, Newton Iowa. He qualified fastest of the 4 Ganassi team mates. Last year in IndyLights, he won the race at this track. That must be the most interesting storyline to follow, which this race has to offer for fans of the website formerly known as f1rejects dot com.
lance_rambert

Post by lance_rambert »

Dear lord. Newgarden just whooped everyone's ass today. No contest at all.
Dj_bereta

Post by Dj_bereta »

What is happening with Montoya? He made an amazing 2015 and only lost the title due a mechanical failure in Iowa. Now he is struggling in this season, making too many mistakes and is only in 13th in the standings while his team mates are in 1st, 2nd and 3rd.

In the other side, Power is driving like a champion now. He missed one race, recovered in the 2nd half of the championship. In the last four races he won three and is now 47 points behind Pagenaud, despite missing one race in this season. Although Pagenaud was hit hard by bad lucky in the last races, Power is looking a real deal and could give to the Frenchman a run for his money.

I don't think Castroneves or even Dixon stand a chance of fighting for the title now.
nome66

Post by nome66 »

maybe JPM should shuffle his way back to ganassi? that lightning bolt livery is calling him so loudly.....
I believe in German BARawnda-Tyrrell-Simca(and it's working)

the only difference between the roman gladiators and racing drivers is that racing drivers sit inside the lion that is trying to kill them.
RonDenisDeletraz

Post by RonDenisDeletraz »

Power vs Pagenaud, reminds me of the old Team Australia Champ Car days.
aerond wrote:Yes RDD, but we always knew you never had any sort of taste either :P

tommykl wrote:I have a shite car and meme sponsors, but Corrado Fabi will carry me to the promised land with the power of Lionel Richie.
Londoner

Post by Londoner »

After more than a quarter of a century, Chip Ganassi and Target are parting ways. Even though they had been scaling back their sponsorship the last few seasons, it's still a huge surprise.

In other news, RC Enerson will be driving the second Coyne entry at Mid-Ohio this weekend. No, I don't know either. :P
Yannick

Post by Yannick »

East Londoner wrote:After more than a quarter of a century, Chip Ganassi and Target are parting ways. Even though they had been scaling back their sponsorship the last few seasons, it's still a huge surprise.

In other news, RC Enerson will be driving the second Coyne entry at Mid-Ohio this weekend. No, I don't know either. :P

The retirement of Target from IndyCar is likely to have some implications on the driver market for next year, though probably not too much for tne #9 but the #10 car, as Ganassi will want to find a sponsored driver.

RC Enerson is an IndyLights driver. He used to drive there for Sam Schmidt who now sues his dad over unpaid money. There are a few good articles out there in the web about this topic, and overall, this seems like a very Van-Der-Garde-esque scenario.
Londoner

Post by Londoner »

Goddamnit, that was Aleshin's race to lose...and the pitcrew lost it for him big time. :cry:

So instead it's gonna be another spawny win for Penske and Pagenaud, unless Daly can make it home on fuel mileage and another caution.
Bobby Doorknobs

Post by Bobby Doorknobs »

East Londoner wrote:Goddamnit, that was Aleshin's race to lose...and the pitcrew lost it for him big time. :cry:

So instead it's gonna be another spawny win for Penske and Pagenaud, unless Daly can make it home on fuel mileage and another caution.

But Daly's already won. That's what it says at the top of the screen anyway... :D
#FreeGonzo
Frentzen127

Post by Frentzen127 »

Good to know it wasn't just me who read that. Thought I was just seeing things.
DEPORTIVO CA... pfft hahaha can't say that with a straight face!
Misses Minardi dearly. :(
Dj_bereta

Post by Dj_bereta »

Sadly Daly had to pit with six laps to go. :(

With four races to go (finale with double points), I think it's pretty safe to say Pagenaud is going to win the title.
Dj_bereta

Post by Dj_bereta »

For people who missed the race and want to watch it:

Highlights: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p44x_lrQVd8
Full race: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=05G1T8piMrs

I forget to give my ROTR for this race. I'm going to give it to Schmidt/Peterson team pitcrew for ruining Aleshin's awesome race releasing him in the wrong time which resulted in a crash with Newgarden. Bourdais deserves a mention too for not only throwing in the garbage can a good result, but for ruining Sato's race in process.
Dj_bereta

Post by Dj_bereta »

http://www.motorsport.com/midget/news/b ... sh-805824/

Hope Bryan recovery from this serious crash.
dr-baker

Post by dr-baker »

Dj_bereta wrote:http://www.motorsport.com/midget/news/bryan-clauson-airlifted-to-hospital-after-vicious-crash-805824/

Hope Bryan recovery from this serious crash.

Of course he was one of the drivers that I saw competing in the Indy 500 earlier this year. Hope that he makes a good and full recovery, however long that it takes.
watka wrote:I find it amusing that whilst you're one of the more openly Christian guys here, you are still first and foremost associated with an eye for the ladies!
dinizintheoven wrote:GOOD CHRISTIANS do not go to jail. EVERYONE ON FORMULA ONE REJECTS should be in jail.
MCard LOLA
Londoner

Post by Londoner »

Once again, the motorsport world is in mourning. RIP Bryan, 1989-2016. :cry:
Dj_bereta

Post by Dj_bereta »

Tragic news, RIP Bryan. :(
Yannick

Post by Yannick »

Horrible news. RIP Sir.
Londoner

Post by Londoner »

That was a scary, scary crash in the pitlane. Helio could have been decapitated by Rossi's front wheel. :|
Londoner

Post by Londoner »

PAGENAUD HITS THE WALL. :shock:

Championship gamechanger, especially since Power's just managed to jump the leading quartet on that last pitstop.
Dj_bereta

Post by Dj_bereta »

The championship is on fire now.
Alextrax52

Post by Alextrax52 »

Power's on fire Pagneud is terrified....

The indycar title race just got interesting. Power with 4 wins and 2 2nd's in the last 6 races is really establishing his credentials.

Star of this race by far has to be Ryan Hunter-Reay who started last after a crash in Practice left him unable to compete in qualifying. He charged up to 1st place in 50 laps and was still there after the restart for Pagenaud's crash when the engine shut off and seemingly cut him out the battle. However a late caution got him back on the lead lap and he took only 20 laps to charge back onto the podium and take 3rd behind Mikhail Aleshin
Ataxia
Not Important

Post by Ataxia »

Would've been great to have an Aleshin win after Mid-Ohio didn't exactly go to plan, the guy's been on form since Iowa.
Mitch Hedberg wrote:I want to be a race car passenger: just a guy who bugs the driver. Say man, can I turn on the radio? You should slow down. Why do we gotta keep going in circles? Man, you really like Tide...
RonDenisDeletraz

Post by RonDenisDeletraz »

Power is coming good at the right time. Glad Helio is okay, that could have been a very serious crash
aerond wrote:Yes RDD, but we always knew you never had any sort of taste either :P

tommykl wrote:I have a shite car and meme sponsors, but Corrado Fabi will carry me to the promised land with the power of Lionel Richie.
Londoner

Post by Londoner »

The 2017 calendar has been confirmed

Points of interest:

Gateway is back for the first time since 2003. I haven't actually seen any CART/IRL races at the track yet, but it's nice to see another oval on the calendar.

Watkins Glen has a long-term contract

Pocono remains on the calendar

Fontana still isn't back. :(

All in all, it looks good for the series that the 2017 calendar has been confirmed this early.
    golic_2004

Post by golic_2004 »

It will be fun to see them race at Gateway. As I didn't get into Indycar until 2005, I never got to see the series race at such a fun track. It'll be intriguing.
    Williams in the last few years http://imgur.com/sNFFMYF
    Londoner

Post by Londoner »

Oh, how a couple of weeks changes everything. Pagenaud has one hand on the title now.