1962 WSRC - season over, future unknown

The place for current RWRS universe and "canon" historical series
Nuppiz
Site Donor
Site Donor

Re: 1962 WSRC - Changes, see post on P5

Post by Nuppiz »

This isn't dead. Oh no, on the contrary I've spent the last few months finding new cars to convert for the series, and further researching the models already featured to find some variants I wasn't aware of before. I'll start preparing the 1962 season again once the AR 3.5 action has dried up, which should be in the next couple of weeks.

In the meantime here's a list of changed and added cars for 1962:

New 3D model
These cars existed before, but either had an awful skin template or the model didn't exactly match the model. Any liveries made for these models must be redone (I'll redo the ones I did before).
  • AC Ace (proper model instead of a Shelby Cobra with a different engine)
  • Alpine A110 Berlinette (single-file skin template instead of multiple files)
  • Austin-Healey Sprite/MG Midget (right-hand drive versions of the actual 1962 models; the previous MG Midget was a left-hand drive Mk III)
  • Ferrari 250 GTO (single-file skin template instead of multiple files)
  • Jaguar E-Type / XK-E (single-file skin template instead of multiple files)

A completely new set of templates have been uploaded, the updated link is in the first post. Due to most cars having a proper PSD template now, each template is in an individual ZIP file instead of one huge archive.

New/edited variants of existing cars
  • Alfa Romeo Giulia / Giulietta Sprint: hardtop (new 3D model) and Giulia (1.6L) versions
  • Austin-Healey 3000 Mark II: special rally version with much improved performance
  • Ferrari 330 GTO: 250 GTO with a 4.0L engine
  • Porsche 356B 2000GS Carrera 2: availability moved to September following further research. Existing examples can still be used as prototypes, as the engine was already available in early 1962.

Completely new models
  • Alfa Romeo Giulia (sports saloon)
  • Ferrari 250 GT California Spyder
  • Fiat 2300 Coupé
  • Maserati 3500 GTi NEW MANUFACTURER
  • Morgan Plus 4 NEW MANUFACTURER
  • Triumph Herald
  • Triumph Spitfire
  • Triumph TR4
  • Triumph Vitesse
  • TVR Grantura NEW MANUFACTURER
  • Volkswagen Karmann Ghia NEW MANUFACTURER
  • Volvo 120 Series / Amazon NEW MANUFACTURER
  • Volvo P1800
  • Volvo PV 544
  • ZiL-112S NEW MANUFACTURER

Please see this post for further details: viewtopic.php?p=337502#p337502

Fun race cars
These cars won't be available in the main series, but will be featured in non-championship "fun races".
  • Citroën 2CV
  • Volkswagen Beetle

The full list of cars has also been updated to reflect all the models I've found that can be used in future seasons. If you know of a car model that would fit here and isn't on the list, don't hesitate to post about it here. There are some restrictions, of course:
  • The model must have been in production between March 1962 and June 1970.
  • It's not a Le Mans prototype. This series is about road-going sports and GT cars, with a few exceptions allowed.
  • It's not an American muscle car. There are dozens of them available, but they'd all end up being the same (huge, inefficient engine, bad handling, severely outclassed in GT +3.0). Certain Ford and Chevrolet models (mainly what the Americans called "compact" in the 1960s) can be taken as exceptions, as both manufacturers had a notable presence in the European racing scene.
  • The model exists for F1C, rFactor, GTR, GTR2, GT Legends or any other game that uses a similar 3D & graphics format.
Eurosport broadcast for the 1990 Mexican GP prequalifying:
"The Life, it looked very lifeless yet again... in fact Bruno did one, slow lap"
Dexter249

Post by Dexter249 »

I'll be running sunbeam hopefully
FIAT Group, finding loopholes in the FIA rulebook since it's inception.
Nuppiz
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Nuppiz »

And here are the "fun race" options for 1962. I've opened a poll in this topic to determine which one is picked; the poll will run as long as I deem necessary.

Citroën 2CV
2CV AZ: 424cc Citroën A53 flat-twin, 13 hp at 4200 rpm (SAE gross)

Race name: Coupe de Vitesse Amicale pour Deux Chevaux
Track: Circuit Jean Behra (aka Magny-Cours)

Volkswagen Beetle
1200: 1192cc Volkswagen Type 1 flat-four, 34 hp at 3600 rpm (DIN net)

Race name: Käfer-Festival in Wiesbaden
Track: Wiesbaden Street Circuit
"The Life, it looked very lifeless yet again... in fact Bruno did one, slow lap"
Normal32

Post by Normal32 »

I would like to take over the manufacturer team State Committee for Sports and Body Culture of USSR, if possible.
Pasta_maldonado wrote:I think normal32 is an old English farmer re-incarnated
Nuppiz
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Nuppiz »

Redone liveries for the new templates:

AC Cars Ltd.

Irish Racing Cars

Jaguar Cars Ltd.
Nuppiz
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Nuppiz »

Some very delayed Anglo-Racing Engineering liveries (didn't notice the request earlier...)
Nuppiz
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Nuppiz »

Biscione pointed out the link to the livery templates didn't work properly. I've corrected it in the opening post, and if you're too lazy to find it there, here it is: https://www.mediafire.com/folder/iki4oy ... _Templates
Nuppiz
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Nuppiz »

A new car, and along with it a manufacturer, has been added: BMW 700 RS. The manufacturer, along with most of the other new ones, is up for grabs to anyone interested who isn't already running another manufacturer or wants to run a different one. You should consult this post for the recent additions. Existing manufacturer owners should also check if they have new models or model variants available, and change their plans accordingly. Currently vacant manufacturers are:

Aston Martin
BMW
Citroën
Ford
Maserati
Morgan
Peugeot
Porsche
Saab
TVR
Volkswagen
Volvo

Dexter249 has been given control over Sunbeam and Normal32 over ZiL, respectively. To see your currently signed drivers and the cars you own, see this post.

I'm going to start running this in the not too distant future, so I'd prefer if people started submitting their liveries or livery plans and finalising their entries. All livery plans posted thus far have been made, but many teams are still missing one completely. The teams that have their liveries done for all cars are:

AC Cars Ltd.
Alfa Corse
David Brown Racing Department
Donald Healey Motor Company
British Motor Corporation (the MG Midget has to be redone due to the new 3D model)
Jaguar Cars Ltd.
Team Lotus Engineering
Porsche System Engineering
Shelby American Inc.
Sunbeam Talbot
Standard Triumph Ltd.
TVR Cars Ltd.
State Committee for Sports and Body Culture of USSR
Ecurie Francorchamps
All American Eagles
Scuderia Filipinetti
Auto Ruf
Ecurie Voeckler
Irish Racing Cars
Anglo Racing Engineering
Liefeld and Associates
Ecurie Maarsbergen

The entry process has been altered to allow people to run more privateers, which will hopefully result in more diverse entry lists. See the first post, section Entry process for details.
tommykl

Post by tommykl »

I guess I'll jump in and take BMW, which will be running with a plain old traditional silver livery.

Driver bids should be coming relatively soon.
kevinbotz wrote:Cantonese is a completely nonsensical f*cking alien language masquerading as some grossly bastardised form of Chinese

Gonzo wrote:Wasn't there some sort of communisim in the East part of Germany?
Normal32

Post by Normal32 »

The State Committee for Sports and Body Culture of USSR will take number 922, and will be driven by Soviet Angelina Sokoloff.
Last edited by Normal32 on 03 Aug 2016, 13:52, edited 1 time in total.
Bobby Doorknobs

Post by Bobby Doorknobs »

Due to my decision to limit the scope of IRC's racing operations following their planned 1961 withdrawal from Grand Prix racing, their status will be that of a part-time privateer and will only be entering the Brands Hatch event with the otherwise happily retired Desmond Titterington.

We also request BMC's permission for the services of Paddy Hopkirk in this event only, and the permission of Jaguar for the use of a second racing-spec E-Type for the same. His number will be 29.
#FreeGonzo
CaptainGetz12
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by CaptainGetz12 »

Simtek wrote:Due to my decision to limit the scope of IRC's racing operations following their planned 1961 withdrawal from Grand Prix racing, their status will be that of a part-time privateer and will only be entering the Brands Hatch event with the otherwise happily retired Desmond Titterington.

We also request BMC's permission for the services of Paddy Hopkirk in this event only, and the permission of Jaguar for the use of a second racing-spec E-Type for the same. His number will be 29.

BMC will allow Hopkirk to race in the E-Type for the one race. We will ask Mike Parkes to take Hopkirk's place at Brands Hatch. With his success in the BRSCC Saloons we feel he can do the car well here and perhaps give the MGA a good send off before it will be replaced with our upgraded Midget later in the year.

Finally, we wish to upgrade our single 3000 to the 3000 BJ7 Rally in time for Brands Hatch. With these upgrades we hope to become more competitive in the GT 3.0 class.
Klon wrote:What did poor André do to you for him to be insulted like that?
Nuppiz
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Nuppiz »

CaptainGetz12 wrote:
Simtek wrote:Due to my decision to limit the scope of IRC's racing operations following their planned 1961 withdrawal from Grand Prix racing, their status will be that of a part-time privateer and will only be entering the Brands Hatch event with the otherwise happily retired Desmond Titterington.

BMC will allow Hopkirk to race in the E-Type for the one race. We will ask Mike Parkes to take Hopkirk's place at Brands Hatch. With his success in the BRSCC Saloons we feel he can do the car well here and perhaps give the MGA a good send off before it will be replaced with our upgraded Midget later in the year.

Finally, we wish to upgrade our single 3000 to the 3000 BJ7 Rally in time for Brands Hatch. With these upgrades we hope to become more competitive in the GT 3.0 class.

You can have the BJ7 Rally right now. As no races have been run yet, the series is still in a pre-season phase where the cars and entries can be freely changed without any waiting periods. This is why I'm urging people to check out the new car models and variants to see if there's something new they'd prefer to use instead of the cars they picked a year ago. Once the season gets underway, ordinary waiting periods for limited-edition cars will be in place.

I'll check the availability of Parkes tomorrow when I'm home again.

Finally, the definition of a "local one-off" mentioned in the first post also includes drivers from neighboring countries, not just drivers from the country that is hosting the race. I also might allow more than one local entry per user & race.
CaptainGetz12
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by CaptainGetz12 »

Nuppiz wrote:
CaptainGetz12 wrote:

You can have the BJ7 Rally right now. As no races have been run yet, the series is still in a pre-season phase where the cars and entries can be freely changed without any waiting periods. This is why I'm urging people to check out the new car models and variants to see if there's something new they'd prefer to use instead of the cars they picked a year ago. Once the season gets underway, ordinary waiting periods for limited-edition cars will be in place.

I'll check the availability of Parkes tomorrow when I'm home again.

Finally, the definition of a "local one-off" mentioned in the first post also includes drivers from neighboring countries, not just drivers from the country that is hosting the race. I also might allow more than one local entry per user & race.

If I already have the Rally version of the 3000, can you post as such in the opening post's list of race entries? It only says that it's the normal BJ7 model for now...
Nuppiz
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Nuppiz »

That's because you hadn't said anything about the Rally version prior to today, despite the fact that I already wrote about it a month ago. I'm not upgrading anything for anyone automatically, there must always be a formal request by the team owner (and in the case of privateers, an approval from the manufacturer as well).
CaptainGetz12
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by CaptainGetz12 »

British Motor Company Press Release wrote:Austin-Healey to be upgraded before start of 1962 racing season
British Motor Corporation is proud to announce the debut of the Austin-Healey 3000 Rally for its racing teams and for any customers for racing in 1962. With the development f the World Sportscar Race Series (WSRC) for 1962 the Austin-Healey 3000 will be receiving a competition package to be tested in the WSRC. With these upgrades we hope BMC will have a competitive against the likes of Ferrari and AC cars.

This version of the 3000 will be available for inquiry for any teams that wish to field it, as we could use support in testing the new car alongside our official team 3000 in preparation for 1962.

BMC will use one of the 3000 BJ7 Rally machines instead of the base model at all scheduled races thusfar. The car will be available to customers for the time being.
kevinbotz

Post by kevinbotz »

Jaguar will allocate the spare racing-spec E-Type presently in its inventory to IRC for Brands Hatch as requested.
Klon, on Alt-F1 wrote: I like to think it's more poker than gambling, though.
Nuppiz
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Nuppiz »

CaptainGetz12 wrote:BMC will allow Hopkirk to race in the E-Type for the one race. We will ask Mike Parkes to take Hopkirk's place at Brands Hatch. With his success in the BRSCC Saloons we feel he can do the car well here and perhaps give the MGA a good send off before it will be replaced with our upgraded Midget later in the year.

Mike Parkes is ineligible (1 non-championship F1 race and 11 sportscar races in 1962). I actually checked this last year already, when you also attempted to bid for him...

The amount of local one offs allowed per user for each race has been increased to three. Also revised the rules considering their entry process to allow for a "team" of local drivers to be entered. This means that the whole Irish Racing Cars entry at Brands Hatch will be considered as a local one-off instead of a part-time privateer (unless they enter more races, of course).
CaptainGetz12
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by CaptainGetz12 »

Fine, I will then ask John Young if he wants to do a one-off race in the MGA.
Nuppiz
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Nuppiz »

CaptainGetz12 wrote:Fine, I will then ask John Young if he wants to do a one-off race in the MGA.

Accepted.

Because ZiL is a very restricted factory entry (only one car), I've given Normal32 control over Maserati as well. As they can't run a factory team of their own, the entries will go through his privateer team Scuderia Filipinetti instead. If someone else wants to run either ZiL or Maserati, Normal32 will be obliged to give the other manufacturer up.

Shadaza has announced that he won't be in the series (or the forum for that matter) anymore. Porsche is now up for grabs.

Please, don't be shy. Don't hesitate to enter. There's still at least five manufacturers left to take over, along with the possibility of entering numerous privateers.
DemocalypseNow

Post by DemocalypseNow »

Nuppiz wrote:Please, don't be shy. Don't hesitate to enter. There's still at least five manufacturers left to take over, along with the possibility of entering numerous privateers.

Is there a similar restriction to Alt F1, where local entries cannot buy equipment from the works teams owned by the same person sumbitting the entry? Or can I run one-off Ferraris from time to time?
Novitopoli wrote:Everytime someone orders at Pizza Hut, an Italian dies.
Novitopoli wrote:Juve's Triplete: Calciopoli, doping & Mafia connections.

Image Image
Nuppiz
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Nuppiz »

Biscione wrote:
Nuppiz wrote:Please, don't be shy. Don't hesitate to enter. There's still at least five manufacturers left to take over, along with the possibility of entering numerous privateers.

Is there a similar restriction to Alt F1, where local entries cannot buy equipment from the works teams owned by the same person sumbitting the entry? Or can I run one-off Ferraris from time to time?

Yes, there is a similar restriction. You can't enter any privateers that use cars built by a manufacturer you are also controlling. This is to prevent people from circumventing the entry restrictions, and hopefully leads to more diverse grids in terms of car models.
Gonzalez

Re: 1962 WSRC - five manufacturer teams left

Post by Gonzalez »

I guess I will pick Porsche and seek Mike Parkes for a drive. As for the rest, I will sort them out when I'm back on the computer.
Bobby Doorknobs

Gonzalez wrote:I guess I will pick Porsche and seek Mike Parkes for a drive. As for the rest, I will sort them out when I'm back on the computer.

Nuppiz wrote:
CaptainGetz12 wrote:We will ask Mike Parkes to take Hopkirk's place at Brands Hatch. With his success in the BRSCC Saloons we feel he can do the car well here and perhaps give the MGA a good send off before it will be replaced with our upgraded Midget later in the year.

Mike Parkes is ineligible (1 non-championship F1 race and 11 sportscar races in 1962). I actually checked this last year already, when you also attempted to bid for him...

Always read the fine print ;)
#FreeGonzo
Nuppiz
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Nuppiz »

Gonzalez wrote:I guess I will pick Porsche and seek Mike Parkes for a drive. As for the rest, I will sort them out when I'm back on the computer.

You have a couple of drivers signed and a few cars built already from the time Shadaza managed Porsche, might want to check them out: viewtopic.php?p=338556#p338556
Gonzalez

Post by Gonzalez »

Nuppiz wrote:

You have a couple of drivers signed and a few cars built already from the time Shadaza managed Porsche, might want to check them out: viewtopic.php?p=338556#p338556

Well in that case I'll keep controling Porsche.
I'll sort out the rest of the drivers when I next come online.

And as for earlier, my apologies :P
Gonzalez

Re: 1962 WSRC - four manufacturer teams left

Post by Gonzalez »

Porsche will bid for Herbert Linge and Carel Godin de Beaufort to take the drives of Car No 31 and 49 Respectively.
Nuppiz
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Nuppiz »

Gonzalez wrote:Porsche will bid for Herbert Linge and Carel Godin de Beaufort to take the drives of Car No 31 and 49 Respectively.

Herbert Linge only did 6 sportscar races in 1962 (to my knowledge), so he is eligible and accepted.

Carel Godin de Beaufort is ineligible (9 championship F1 races, 7 non-championship F1 races and one sportscar race in 1962, well above the limit of 10 combined events).
Gonzalez

Post by Gonzalez »

Nuppiz wrote:
Gonzalez wrote:Porsche will bid for Herbert Linge and Carel Godin de Beaufort to take the drives of Car No 31 and 49 Respectively.

Herbert Linge only did 6 sportscar races in 1962 (to my knowledge), so he is eligible and accepted.

Carel Godin de Beaufort is ineligible (9 championship F1 races, 7 non-championship F1 races and one sportscar race in 1962, well above the limit of 10 combined events).

In that case, Porsche will seek another driver from Germany instead, Sepp Greger.
Nuppiz
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Nuppiz »

Gonzalez wrote:In that case, Porsche will seek another driver from Germany instead, Sepp Greger.

Accepted.
roblo97

Post by roblo97 »

I would like to take over TVR with two cars being entered by the factory for the entire season in a red livery with a gold stripe down the middle. As for the drivers, would Christabel Carlisle and P.J. Woodroffe be acceptable to be driving the cars?
Carlisle would bee in the #200 and Woodroffe would be in the #201
Last edited by roblo97 on 07 Aug 2016, 21:03, edited 1 time in total.
Mexicola wrote:
shinji wrote:
Mexicola wrote: I'd rather listen to a dog lick its balls. Each to their own, I guess.

Does listening to a dog licking its balls get you excited?

That's between me and my internet service provider.

One of those journalist types.
270 Tube stations in 18:42:50!
Gonzalez

Post by Gonzalez »

Porsche will be signed to take part in all of the races this season with all of their signed drivers in their respective cars.
Normal32

Post by Normal32 »

Maserati will build four Maserati 3500 GTi Corse, and will be send immediately to Scuderia Filipinetti. Two of these we will used to race, the 19 going to Francesco Fausti. The other one has the number 555, with Giorgio Scarlatti driving the car. And with that, Filipinetti will enter the first three races with Fausti and Scarlatti.

-----------

State Committee for Sports and Body Culture of USSR will enter the first 6 races, with Angelina Sokoloff driving the ready-to-race Zavod imeni Likhachova 112-S.
Nuppiz
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Nuppiz »

roblomas52 wrote:I would like to take over TVR with two cars being entered by the factory for the entire season in a red livery with a gold stripe down the middle. As for the drivers, would Christabel Carlisle and P.J. Woodroffe be acceptable to be driving the cars?
Carlisle would bee in the #200 and Woodroffe would be in the #201
Accepted.

Gonzalez wrote:Porsche will be signed to take part in all of the races this season with all of their signed drivers in their respective cars.
A manufacturer team can only have active entries in a maximum of six races at any given time, so I've entered you for the first six races of the season. As the season progresses you can enter more races.

Normal32 wrote:Maserati will build four Maserati 3500 GTi Corse, and will be send immediately to Scuderia Filipinetti. Two of these we will used to race, the 19 going to Francesco Fausti. The other one has the number 555, with Giorgio Scarlatti driving the car. And with that, Filipinetti will enter the first three races with Fausti and Scarlatti.

-----------

State Committee for Sports and Body Culture of USSR will enter the first 6 races, with Angelina Sokoloff driving the ready-to-race Zavod imeni Likhachova 112-S.
Accepted.
Dexter249

Post by Dexter249 »

Sunbeam will enter the next few rounds under the command of our current already-built cars and drivers
Nuppiz
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Nuppiz »

Dexter249 wrote:Sunbeam will enter the next few rounds under the command of our current already-built cars and drivers

Please be more specific in the number of races you are entering. You currently have #44 and #45 entered in Australia, but nothing else.
Dexter249

Post by Dexter249 »

Nuppiz wrote:
Dexter249 wrote:Sunbeam will enter the next few rounds under the command of our current already-built cars and drivers

Please be more specific in the number of races you are entering. You currently have #44 and #45 entered in Australia, but nothing else.

We will enter the #44 and #46 in the next round and the #45 and #46 at the round after
SuperAguri
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by SuperAguri »

I would like to take Volvo, will read through the thread and see what Scandinavian drivers are still around and what Volvo did back in the 60s for races.
<@Ataxia> these people are making a mess of their crepe suzettes
Dexter249

Re: 1962 WSRC - three manufacturer teams left

Post by Dexter249 »

Peter Harper (GBR) will drive the #46 for the British rounds after East London
While Sunbeam's Spare car will be Christened The #246 and will be driven by Australian Ross Farmer for all Australian Rounds after Round 1
The #44 and #45 will be at all rounds for the season
Bobby Doorknobs

Re: 1962 WSRC - three manufacturer teams left

Dexter249 wrote:While Sunbeam's Spare car will be Christened The #246 and will be driven by Australian Ross Farmer for all Australian Rounds after Round 1

That's a very roundabout way of saying someone hasn't got a drive...
#FreeGonzo