RIP Manor Racing (2010-2017)

The place for speaking your mind on current goings-on in F1
Ataxia
Not Important

Re: The Manor Marussia Thread

Post by Ataxia »

Wehrlein and Ocon, what a line-up.

We've currently got two Nicos, two Felipes, two Dans and now two Estebans.
Mitch Hedberg wrote:I want to be a race car passenger: just a guy who bugs the driver. Say man, can I turn on the radio? You should slow down. Why do we gotta keep going in circles? Man, you really like Tide...
AndreaModa

Post by AndreaModa »

Very excited to see how they compare against each other. Despite their inexperience is this the best line-up the team has had?

I guess the car will be a bit bare now the Indonesian logos will be all peeled off!
I want my MTV...Simtek Ford

My Motorsport Photos

@DNPQ_
dr-baker

Post by dr-baker »

And Autosport are reporting that Ocon has been replaced by Rosenqvist.

...In his DTM seat, obviously. :P
watka wrote:I find it amusing that whilst you're one of the more openly Christian guys here, you are still first and foremost associated with an eye for the ladies!
dinizintheoven wrote:GOOD CHRISTIANS do not go to jail. EVERYONE ON FORMULA ONE REJECTS should be in jail.
MCard LOLA
golic_2004

Post by golic_2004 »

Ataxia wrote:Wehrlein and Ocon, what a line-up.

We've currently got two Nicos, two Felipes, two Dans and now two Estebans.

Esteban Ocon, the number 2 guy in GP3 ;), making his debut in F1. Sensational.
Williams in the last few years http://imgur.com/sNFFMYF
This Could Be You

Post by This Could Be You »

Sauber must be panicking right now. With two promising racers in the Manor, they might struggle to finish anywhere other than last. On a very good day, (if Ocon is as good as they say) Manor could get a double score! :shock:
Your Signature Here

Named after HRT, now on HRT
FullMetalJack
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by FullMetalJack »

This Could Be You wrote:Sauber must be panicking right now. With two promising racers in the Manor, they might struggle to finish anywhere other than last. On a very good day, (if Ocon is as good as they say) Manor could get a double score! :shock:

Aye. Monza will surely play to Manor's strengths, I wouldn't be surprised if both drivers at least flirted with the points.
I like the way Snrub thinks!
Rob Dylan

Post by Rob Dylan »

And a good haul of Manor points is exactly what F1 needs right now. That and a McLaren podium! ;)
Murray Walker at the 1997 Austrian Grand Prix wrote:The other [Stewart] driver, who nobody's been paying attention to, because he's disappointing, is Jan Magnussen.
Felipe Nasr - the least forgettable F1 driver!
rachel1990

Post by rachel1990 »

Got the BBC link confirming that Rio is out (unfortunate timing) and Ocon is in.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/formula1/37033654

Should be a good line up and will give Pascal some real competition. Now lets see if he is as good as they say.

Estaban Ocon must be looking at the potential Renault seat as well and will be out to impress!!

Sorry Rio but thats the way the sport goes.
Benetton of 1992. Never a reject
mario

Post by mario »

rachel1990 wrote:Got the BBC link confirming that Rio is out (unfortunate timing) and Ocon is in.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/formula1/37033654

Should be a good line up and will give Pascal some real competition. Now lets see if he is as good as they say.

Estaban Ocon must be looking at the potential Renault seat as well and will be out to impress!!

Sorry Rio but thats the way the sport goes.

You also have to wonder what dividends this is going to yield for Manor as well - they've probably got one of the stronger line ups amongst the smaller teams now, and both drivers must know that the low downforce and high speed layouts of Spa and Monza potentially play to the strengths of Manor's current car. It is interesting for the fans to see how well the two drivers stack up, but it is a decision that is probably going to leave the guys in Hinwil cursing their luck.
Martin Brundle, on watching a replay of Grosjean spinning:
"The problem with Grosjean is that he want to take a look back at the corner he's just exited"
Waris

Post by Waris »

This is good news, but presumably it will mean there's no more chance of Alex Rossi getting back in an F1 car this year. That makes me a little sad.
MOTOR RACING IS DANGEROUS
AndreaModa

Post by AndreaModa »

Waris wrote:This is good news, but presumably it will mean there's no more chance of Alex Rossi getting back in an F1 car this year. That makes me a little sad.

He was offered the chance to replace Rio before anyone else but turned it own because of his IndyCar commitments. Still in with a shot of a race drive next season apparently.
I want my MTV...Simtek Ford

My Motorsport Photos

@DNPQ_
Dj_bereta

Post by Dj_bereta »

We lost Rio! :(
Waiting for Lotus hiring Johnny Cecotto jr.
EuroBrun

Post by EuroBrun »

Dj_bereta wrote:We lost Rio! :(

During Rio2016 Olympics... :dance:

(sorry :facepalm: )
CoopsII

Post by CoopsII »

Dj_bereta wrote:We lost Rio! :(

I'm lost for words. Congratulations Manor you've just bathplug up your season.

#justiceforRio!
Just For One Day...
Rob Dylan

Post by Rob Dylan »

I'd say Rio Haryanto deserves an honorary IIDOTR for Spa simply out of respect.
Murray Walker at the 1997 Austrian Grand Prix wrote:The other [Stewart] driver, who nobody's been paying attention to, because he's disappointing, is Jan Magnussen.
CoopsII

Post by CoopsII »

Rob Dylan wrote:I'd say Rio Haryanto deserves an honorary IIDOTR for Spa simply out of respect.

Just for Spa? I'll probably nominate him for every race from now on until Biscione rocks up at my home and physically separates me from my laptop.

And then I'll sit in the garden and nominate him on the tablet.
Just For One Day...
Ataxia
Not Important

Post by Ataxia »

CoopsII wrote:
Rob Dylan wrote:I'd say Rio Haryanto deserves an honorary IIDOTR for Spa simply out of respect.

Just for Spa? I'll probably nominate him for every race from now on until Biscione rocks up at my home and physically separates me from my laptop.

A laptop AND a tablet? That's so...bourgeois.
Mitch Hedberg wrote:I want to be a race car passenger: just a guy who bugs the driver. Say man, can I turn on the radio? You should slow down. Why do we gotta keep going in circles? Man, you really like Tide...
Rob Dylan

Post by Rob Dylan »

#JusticeForRio

I'd say I'll vote for Rio from now on for everything, but I don't think it'd really make too much of a difference to what's already occurred over the season so far...
:roll:
CoopsII

Post by CoopsII »

Ataxia wrote:
CoopsII wrote:

Sometimes we even use a cafetiere.

And no it won't change anything and by October I'll probably have gone off nominating Haryanto for everything but I liked him because he was patently out of his depth but making progress. I can't get excited about Wehrlein, his future's secure, it's just not the same.
Just For One Day...
Ataxia
Not Important

Post by Ataxia »

CoopsII wrote:
Ataxia wrote:
CoopsII wrote:Just for Spa? I'll probably nominate him for every race from now on until Biscione rocks up at my home and physically separates me from my laptop.

Sometimes we even use a cafetiere.

I bet you have a Nespresso machine as well you monster ;)
CoopsII

Post by CoopsII »

Ataxia wrote:I bet you have a Nespresso machine as well you monster ;)

Truthfully, no. But we have been known to have a Walls Vienetta not on a Sunday but.....

ON A WEEK-NIGHT!

Now that's posh :chilton:
Just For One Day...
DemocalypseNow

Post by DemocalypseNow »

CoopsII wrote:
Ataxia wrote:I bet you have a Nespresso machine as well you monster ;)

Truthfully, no. But we have been known to have a Walls Vienetta not on a Sunday but.....

ON A WEEK-NIGHT!

Now that's posh :chilton:

Which I assumes sits in the freezer alongside the mandatory bottle of Absolut, just in case?
Novitopoli wrote:Everytime someone orders at Pizza Hut, an Italian dies.
Novitopoli wrote:Juve's Triplete: Calciopoli, doping & Mafia connections.

Image Image
CoopsII

Post by CoopsII »

Biscione wrote:Which I assumes sits in the freezer alongside the mandatory bottle of Absolut, just in case?

No sir. Due to the Methotrexate I'm taking I've been alcohol free for most of the year and will remain so for the foreseeable future.

As a Scotsman I'm sure none of that will make any sense. Best way to describe it would be to ask you to imagine having no Buckfast on your morning Cornflakes. Weird, huh?
Just For One Day...
DemocalypseNow

Post by DemocalypseNow »

CoopsII wrote:As a Scotsman I'm sure none of that will make any sense. Best way to describe it would be to ask you to imagine having no Buckfast on your morning Cornflakes. Weird, huh?

Think you mean having no Buckfast with my morning munchy box, pal.
Novitopoli wrote:Everytime someone orders at Pizza Hut, an Italian dies.
Novitopoli wrote:Juve's Triplete: Calciopoli, doping & Mafia connections.

Image Image
dinizintheoven

Post by dinizintheoven »

So, Sauber have "triumphed", in a way. And on this Remembrance Sunday, I'd like you all to take a minute's silence for the imminent death of the team we knew as Manor, then Virgin, then Marussia, then back to Manor again. Even if by some fluke they do manage to struggle on into 2017, the loss of the FIA's small-but-significant cash bonus for 10th place in this year's Constructors' Championship will send them spiralling back to the level they were at last year, cast far adrift at the back of the field and utterly unable to compete on any level. Either way, their fate is now sealed.

At the going down of the sun, during the Abu Dhabi Grand Prix, we will remember them.

James Allen, on his favourite F1 engine of all time:
"...the Life W12, I can't describe the noise to you, but imagine filling your dustbin with nuts and bolts, and then throwing it down the stairs, it was something akin to that!"
Meatwad

Post by Meatwad »

I don't think this is necessarily the end for them. Yes, it's a shame to see them lose 10th (HWNSNBM, give us a miracle in Abu Dhabi), but with the investors they got a while ago, they should be safe. It's still undeniable that today will have an effect on their future. They will most likely be forced to hire a pay driver alongside Wehrlein (instead of the rumored Giovinazzi). Is Pastor still interested in F1?
Bobby Doorknobs

Post by Bobby Doorknobs »

Meatwad wrote:I don't think this is necessarily the end for them. Yes, it's a shame to see them lose 10th (HWNSNBM, give us a miracle in Abu Dhabi), but with the investors they got a while ago, they should be safe. It's still undeniable that today will have an effect on their future. They will most likely be forced to hire a pay driver alongside Wehrlein (instead of the rumored Giovinazzi). Is Pastor still interested in F1?

There's also the fact that they wouldn't actually get any prize money from this year until the end of 2017 (or 2018?), regardless of where they finish.
#FreeGonzo
Rob Dylan

Post by Rob Dylan »

I made a similar comment about a month ago, that it's quite sad that 11th place is almost an 'elimination zone', and whichever of the backmarker teams, be it Sauber or Manor, look one scary step closer to dropping out of F1 if they finish there this year. And as of yesterday the scale's have now tipped against Manor's future.

Rio Haryanto: he's not the hero we deserve, but the one we need right now
Rob Dylan

Post by Rob Dylan »

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/127239/manor-in-talks-with-new-investor
So a new investor is about to buy a majority share in Manor... they'll keep the same name for now... cash boost... this is probably why the driver line-up for 2017 hasn't been announced yet...

Interesting stuff!
AustralianStig

Post by AustralianStig »

Rob Dylan wrote:http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/127239/manor-in-talks-with-new-investor
So a new investor is about to buy a majority share in Manor... they'll keep the same name for now... cash boost... this is probably why the driver line-up for 2017 hasn't been announced yet...

Interesting stuff!

According to Joe Saward, looks like it'll be Tavo Hellmund, the man responsible for promoting both the Austin and Mexican GPs. From what I've heard he even had a hand in building COTA. Sounds rather promising...

https://joesaward.wordpress.com/2016/11 ... rom-kizad/

Until you read that they've signed the other Esteban for next season. But I guess money talks!
Join the GP Rejects league at Fantasy F1: https://fantasy.formula1.com/join/?=2a1f25

CoopsII wrote:
Biscione wrote:To the surprise of no-one, Daniil Kvyat wins ROTR for Sochi, by a record margin that may not be surpassed for some time.

I always knew Marko read this forum.
dr-baker

Post by dr-baker »

AustralianStig wrote:
Until you read that they've signed the other Esteban for next season. But I guess money talks!

Esteban Tuero returns?!?!?!
watka wrote:I find it amusing that whilst you're one of the more openly Christian guys here, you are still first and foremost associated with an eye for the ladies!
dinizintheoven wrote:GOOD CHRISTIANS do not go to jail. EVERYONE ON FORMULA ONE REJECTS should be in jail.
MCard LOLA
yannicksamlad
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by yannicksamlad »

dr-baker wrote:
AustralianStig wrote:

He's only 38..its all possible .Won't have a superlicence though....Mmm dammit
I started supporting Emmo in 1976 (3 points )....missed 75, 74, 73, 72...
watka
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by watka »

yannicksamlad wrote:
dr-baker wrote:
AustralianStig wrote:

He's only 38..its all possible .Won't have a superlicence though....Mmm dammit

I think he'd be fine, after all he has the required "outstanding ability in single-seater formula cars"
Watka - you know, the swimming horses guy
Ciaran

Post by Ciaran »

I hope nobody minds me bumping this thread, I figured it's a more appropriate place for all the talk of Manor going into administration.
Manager of Calsonic Team Impul in Formula E, K-Apex in PES & Eurasian F3 and Mitsuoka in Alt-F1 '76.
My career mode thread - 1988: AGS (19pts, 9th) // 1989: Arrows (25pts, 8th, 1 win!)
You'll never DNF if you always DNPQ. #RollSafe
Rob Dylan

Post by Rob Dylan »

I'm not quite understanding the Manor situation fully, and I'm not a business-property-financial-wiz-ologist. Can we conclude that the administration of the team is either the statement that the team is no longer, and will not be on the grid next year, or that the move is a last-ditch attempt to sell the team for a cheaper price?
mario

Post by mario »

Rob Dylan wrote:I'm not quite understanding the Manor situation fully, and I'm not a business-property-financial-wiz-ologist. Can we conclude that the administration of the team is either the statement that the team is no longer, and will not be on the grid next year, or that the move is a last-ditch attempt to sell the team for a cheaper price?

At the moment, the administrators would be looking to sell the team on to a new owner as a "going concern" (i.e. giving the team time to restructure its finances) - given the prospect of reduced revenue from FOM, that would probably have to be at a discounted rate compared to the earlier asking price.

I believe that, so long as the team remains a "going concern", they will retain their right to compete - however, I would imagine that if no buyers are forthcoming in the near future (most probably that date would be the latest date by which the team could mobilise to the Australian GP), the administrators will have to liquidate the team and sell off what remains of its assets.
"The problem with Grosjean is that he want to take a look back at the corner he's just exited"
dr-baker

Post by dr-baker »

mario wrote:
Rob Dylan wrote:I'm not quite understanding the Manor situation fully, and I'm not a business-property-financial-wiz-ologist. Can we conclude that the administration of the team is either the statement that the team is no longer, and will not be on the grid next year, or that the move is a last-ditch attempt to sell the team for a cheaper price?

At the moment, the administrators would be looking to sell the team on to a new owner as a "going concern" (i.e. giving the team time to restructure its finances) - given the prospect of reduced revenue from FOM, that would probably have to be at a discounted rate compared to the earlier asking price.

I believe that, so long as the team remains a "going concern", they will retain their right to compete - however, I would imagine that if no buyers are forthcoming in the near future (most probably that date would be the latest date by which the team could mobilise to the Australian GP), the administrators will have to liquidate the team and sell off what remains of its assets.

Do we yet know whether Manor yet have a crash-tested 2017 chassis? I assume that whatever happens, they are now going to be missing pre-season testing?
MCard LOLA
mario

Post by mario »

dr-baker wrote:
mario wrote:

Do we yet know whether Manor yet have a crash-tested 2017 chassis? I assume that whatever happens, they are now going to be missing pre-season testing?

At the moment, I've not seen any confirmation that they have passed any of the requisite crash tests for 2017, or that they've even built a chassis which would comply with the 2017 regulation package. I'm not discounting the possibility that they have done so behind the scenes, since not that many teams have confirmed they've passed their crash tests yet, but at the moment those details have not been released.
Spectoremg

Post by Spectoremg »

Just out of curiosity, what kind of money are we talking about here and how much debt are they in?
CaptainGetz12
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by CaptainGetz12 »

Klon wrote:What did poor André do to you for him to be insulted like that?