2018 AutoReject 2.0 - End-of-Season Testing Results

In honour of our fallen comrade. Archive of all previous canon series across all disciplines.
CaptainGetz12
Site Donor
Site Donor

Re: 2018 AutoReject 2.0 - May Champ, Post-Season Testing Pla

Post by CaptainGetz12 »

Alright, after looking at the drivers I will offer Isabel Martins one of the seats for both days (only if I get permission from Miguel98 of course). Joining her will be Massimo Torelli, an 18 year-old karting veteran that recently performed part of the Italian Formula 3 season, getting 4 points finishes.

So here is my team's entry for both days:

Team: Blokkmonsta Junior Team
Driver #1: Massimo Torelli (ITL)
Driver #2: Isabel Martins (POR)

This, you are allowed to have Dagan Jamakovic for your test seat if you still want him. You have my permission. Jeager races in Formula Vee and the Dacia Logan Cup in Romania after taking a year off for personal reasons.

(Jager's name edited because Ataxia insisted I needed to change it)
Klon wrote:What did poor André do to you for him to be insulted like that?
Nessafox
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Nessafox »

As not to severe our ties with Blokkmonsta as Dennis Mignolet is also responsible for the management of Wouter Lamberigts, we accept the replacement driver.

Line-up is now finished, edited on previous page.
I don't know what i want and i want it now!
SeedStriker

Post by SeedStriker »

USD will give Elena Madrid the chance to test with us on day 2. The second seat for day 2 is still free for any interested.
Peteroli34

Post by Peteroli34 »

SeedStriker wrote:USD will give Elena Madrid the chance to test with us on day 2. The second seat for day 2 is still free for any interested.

Ethan Renaud is intrested in taking the USD seat for the 2nd day
pi314159

Post by pi314159 »

Écurie Prenois line-up:

Day 1:
Driver 1: Jazmin Caldeiro
Driver 2: Zaid Fawzi (Jordan, 17 years)

Day 2:
Driver 1: Jazmin Caldeiro
Driver 2: Tobias Baumgartlinger (Austria, 16 years)
pasta_maldonado wrote:The stewards have recommended that Alan Jones learns to drive.
Ataxia
Not Important

Post by Ataxia »

Elena Madrid is over-age and therefore cannot test.

Furthermore, Gonzalez, it has been brought to my attention that you've given Ramon Lorenzo a birth year of 1995, which will have brought him over the age limit for the 2018 season. You have the opportunity to change it so that he falls within the age bracket, otherwise I will retroactively disqualify him from the championship.

This is why I ask people to provide ages at the beginning of testing, so that people don't enter drivers who are ineligible. When hiring, ensuring drivers have the correct ages is your prerogative.

PLEASE, have a little bit of common sense. I've had to moan about dumb names, and now I'm having to moan about people not following the rules. Any more of this shite and I'm done.
Mitch Hedberg wrote:I want to be a race car passenger: just a guy who bugs the driver. Say man, can I turn on the radio? You should slow down. Why do we gotta keep going in circles? Man, you really like Tide...
Nessafox
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Nessafox »

Imo it's the responsability of the creator of the driver to make sure their age is right. As a team that does not run its own drivers, i trust that the people offering drivers make them within the rules.

Perhaps your opinion is i should stop blindingly trusting them, and you probably have a good point.
Bobby Doorknobs

Post by Bobby Doorknobs »

Ataxia wrote:...a birth year of 1995, which will have brought him over the age limit for the 2018 season...

My dreams of racing in ARWS, shattered :(
#FreeGonzo
Gonzalez

Post by Gonzalez »

Ataxia wrote:Elena Madrid is over-age and therefore cannot test.

Furthermore, Gonzalez, it has been brought to my attention that you've given Ramon Lorenzo a birth year of 1995, which will have brought him over the age limit for the 2018 season. You have the opportunity to change it so that he falls within the age bracket, otherwise I will retroactively disqualify him from the championship.

This is why I ask people to provide ages at the beginning of testing, so that people don't enter drivers who are ineligible. When hiring, ensuring drivers have the correct ages is your prerogative.

PLEASE, have a little bit of common sense. I've had to moan about dumb names, and now I'm having to moan about people not following the rules. Any more of this shite and I'm done.

My dear Apologies for making a Rookie Mistake. :facepalm: That reminds me I've forgotten to update my drivers List:

Lorenzo's birth year have been corrected to 1999 and you can check out my updated list of drivers.

Also, I would like to send my interest of Spanish 17 year old karting veteran and race driver Alex Meridiana to USD should Seedstriker accept it
Ataxia
Not Important

Post by Ataxia »

Gonzalez wrote:
Ataxia wrote:Elena Madrid is over-age and therefore cannot test.

My dear Apologies for making a Rookie Mistake. :facepalm: That reminds me I've forgotten to update my drivers List:

Lorenzo's birth year have been corrected to 1999 and you can check out my updated list of drivers.

Thank you, Gonzo.
Mitch Hedberg wrote:I want to be a race car passenger: just a guy who bugs the driver. Say man, can I turn on the radio? You should slow down. Why do we gotta keep going in circles? Man, you really like Tide...
Rated
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Rated »

ICE-3 Racing line up :
Day 1: Lukas Zaugg
Day 2: Júlíana Ívarsdóttir
BORDAS BORDAS BORDAS
Pinkd56
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Pinkd56 »

This wrote:
Pinkd56 wrote:Josephine Leifeld (DEU) and Ken Wyn Jones (GBR) (Both currently in Star Mazda) would also be available, should they be wanted.

I'm interested in the girl.

Feel free to take her on for the test. I forgot to add her D.O.B. - which is 30/5/2001.
Nessafox
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Nessafox »

Pinkd56 wrote:
This wrote:
Pinkd56 wrote:Josephine Leifeld (DEU) and Ken Wyn Jones (GBR) (Both currently in Star Mazda) would also be available, should they be wanted.

I'm interested in the girl.

Feel free to take her on for the test. I forgot to add her D.O.B. - which is 30/5/2001.

I'll have her replace the RRB/GP-VP . Because the the RRB/GP-VP failed to communicate in a comprehensible way with the engineers of the team. Also RRB/GP-VP refused to dress in cute anime clothes, which is a big no for an Artificial Intelligence.
RealRacingRoots

Post by RealRacingRoots »

With PORE not making it to the test, Michela Martin is left without a seat for the goings on at Aragon. She still wants to take part in the proceedings, so if anyone wants her to test for their team let me know.

(Date of birth is February 22, 2000 btw)
The Truth Shall set you free. (no theme music plays)
Tomáš.......Ttaaaaaaaattaaaaaarrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr
Watch this if you want to learn about what Canada is really like.
GT Super Series
SuperAguri
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by SuperAguri »

Prince Falik wrote:Ladies and Gentlemen, do I have drivers for you, yes yes yes, in fact two young drivers that want to come up in the world.

The first is Ginevra Vantini, who knew Rosco had a female cousin? She has done well in Karting and is looking for a drive. She is 16, born on the 26th Dec 2001

Next up is a rare breed a decent african female race driver and one not from South Africa. Adaeze Akerele hails from my part of the woods in Nigeria, she has competed in karts and races in rally cross and formula vee where she got somes wins. She is 18 and born on 7th April 1999.

Call me at 0900-FALIKM, calls will cost £1.50 a minute, please get billpayers permission before making the call.
<@Ataxia> these people are making a mess of their crepe suzettes
SeedStriker

Post by SeedStriker »

USD will give Michela Martin the chance to test with us.
RonDenisDeletraz

Post by RonDenisDeletraz »

I have just realised that I don't think I have ever created a female driver in the canon, I think it's time to change that. Helena Lindstrom will test for Quicktech on day 1, she is from Sweden and was born on 18/08/2000
aerond wrote:Yes RDD, but we always knew you never had any sort of taste either :P

tommykl wrote:I have a shite car and meme sponsors, but Corrado Fabi will carry me to the promised land with the power of Lionel Richie.
Ataxia
Not Important

Post by Ataxia »

This is the state of play so far. Please fill the gaps in your lineups by Friday.
TomWazzleshaw

Post by TomWazzleshaw »

Indonesian driver Gunter Masakan is available to any teams looking for a driver in the post-season test. He is born on August 19th, 2001, and has sponsorship from KFC Indonesia.

EDIT: As discussed with Londoner, Masakan will run with DMR in the upcoming test.
Biscione wrote:"Some Turkemenistani gulag repurposed for residential use" is the best way yet I've heard to describe North / East Glasgow.
DemocalypseNow

Post by DemocalypseNow »

A reminder that both Zenaide Voeckler (FRA) and Hernan Aguilar (PAR) are still available.
Novitopoli wrote:Everytime someone orders at Pizza Hut, an Italian dies.
Novitopoli wrote:Juve's Triplete: Calciopoli, doping & Mafia connections.

Image Image
kevinbotz

Post by kevinbotz »

DPL would be willing to test Zenaide Voeckler across both days of testing.
Klon, on Alt-F1 wrote: I like to think it's more poker than gambling, though.
DemocalypseNow

Post by DemocalypseNow »

kevinbotz wrote:DPL would be willing to test Zenaide Voeckler across both days of testing.

Sold.
Novitopoli wrote:Everytime someone orders at Pizza Hut, an Italian dies.
Novitopoli wrote:Juve's Triplete: Calciopoli, doping & Mafia connections.

Image Image
Ataxia
Not Important

Post by Ataxia »

Right, the deadline's passed and there's still a pair of open spaces. I don't want to chase this up any further, so I'll fill them.

Klon's approved the use of RRB/GP-VP, so I'll put him in the Jones for both days.

Miguel has agreed to lend Chad Brooks to USD, so he'll be filling in for them on day 2.

If either team owner objects to these drivers, they have until Sunday to swap them.

I'm also going to start taking a page from Nuppiz's book, and add a rule that makes sure that a team owner checks in to the thread at least once every three rounds. If you fail to do so the first time (after Round 3) you'll get slapped with a warning, and if you fail to do so a second time then your team will be taken away.
AndreaModa

Post by AndreaModa »

Sorry for not putting someone in the other car. I'd rather not run Klon's robot so I'm going to run series debutants Joao Almeida from Portugal on day 1 and Harry Matthews from Britain on day 2. Both were born in 2001, I'll have wiki pages made for them when I'm back in blighty.
I want my MTV...Simtek Ford

My Motorsport Photos

@DNPQ_
Ataxia
Not Important

Post by Ataxia »

The tests will happen in the next couple of weeks. As I said in a couple of posts above, there will be a check-in rule next season to make sure people are keeping tabs on what's going on.

However, I'd like to introduce something else, and this is mainly for my own benefit. We've had a couple of issues with ages of drivers, but I have no intention of lifting the 16-21 limits since it's shaped the series into what it is now. Instead, what I will ask is that all drivers entering the series have their own wiki page, containing their date of birth. This is to ensure that it's easy for me to see when the driver was born, and hence have a reference of when the driver may not race in the series any longer.

If you cannot edit the wiki, you can either a) set up an account or b) ask somebody to do this for you.
AndreaModa

Post by AndreaModa »

Ataxia wrote:The tests will happen in the next couple of weeks. As I said in a couple of posts above, there will be a check-in rule next season to make sure people are keeping tabs on what's going on.

However, I'd like to introduce something else, and this is mainly for my own benefit. We've had a couple of issues with ages of drivers, but I have no intention of lifting the 16-21 limits since it's shaped the series into what it is now. Instead, what I will ask is that all drivers entering the series have their own wiki page, containing their date of birth. This is to ensure that it's easy for me to see when the driver was born, and hence have a reference of when the driver may not race in the series any longer.

If you cannot edit the wiki, you can either a) set up an account or b) ask somebody to do this for you.

Good idea. Far too many drivers without their own pages at present, we've allowed it to slip, myself included.

My Motorsport Photos

@DNPQ_
Ataxia
Not Important

Post by Ataxia »

AutoReject 2.0 Post-Season Testing, Ciudad del Motor de Aragón

Test Day 1, 22nd October

Morning Session
Afternoon Session

Test Day 2, 23rd October

Morning Session
Afternoon Session
RonDenisDeletraz

Post by RonDenisDeletraz »

AndreaModa wrote:
Ataxia wrote:The tests will happen in the next couple of weeks. As I said in a couple of posts above, there will be a check-in rule next season to make sure people are keeping tabs on what's going on.

Good idea. Far too many drivers without their own pages at present, we've allowed it to slip, myself included.

I will be creating basic pages for a few of my drivers in the near future, my wiki editing skills are nonexistent but I will still have a go
aerond wrote:Yes RDD, but we always knew you never had any sort of taste either :P

tommykl wrote:I have a shite car and meme sponsors, but Corrado Fabi will carry me to the promised land with the power of Lionel Richie.
AndreaModa

Re: 2018 AutoReject 2.0 - End-of-Season Testing Results

Post by AndreaModa »

Really easy to pick up. Anything you want to do, just hit edit on a page that has what you want to create and then you can see what you need to add in terms of code.

Either way though, just some basic text with name, birthday and birth place will do nicely. :)

My Motorsport Photos

@DNPQ_
Ataxia
Not Important

Re: 2018 AutoReject 2.0 - End-of-Season Testing Results

Post by Ataxia »

motorsport.com wrote:Our Top 10 AR2.0 drivers of 2018

It was another thrilling year in AutoReject 2.0 complete with on-track drama, a championship battle and a whole host of promising newcomers. Taking into account results, experience and ability, we've come up with our top 10 drivers of the year within the series.

10. Kenny Rosseels (BEL) - RonDen Racing Engineering, 8th, 66 points
Debuting midway through 2017, replacing the poor Antonio Pedretti, Rosseels was consistently on the brink of the points-paying positions before managing a strong 7th place at Brno. Remaining with RonDen, who had dropped their Octan branding, Rosseels was perhaps less consistent overall in 2018 but managed a pair of sprint-race podiums. His results brought him just one point behind his highly rated team-mate, but Rosseels enjoyed greater luck in avoiding misfortune.

9. Kevin van Kerckhoven (BEL) - Nismo Academy Voeckler, 11th, 58 points
Fresh from winning the famed Gran Turismo Academy in 2017, van Kerckhoven's resulting ties with Nismo ensured that the Belgian would be rewarded with an AR2.0 program with the crack Voeckler team. Van Kerckhoven proved his worth in the first four feature races, qualifying well and scoring top 6 results, including a well-worked 3rd in Valencia. Although he only scored in two of the nine sprint races, "KvK" was often in the top half of the field and was a frequent name at the top of the fastest lap classifications. With more consistency, the Belgian can hope for a bright future.

8. Vaclav Malsyz (CZE) - Red Bull World Race Team, 12th, 54 points
Malsyz was a complete unknown heading into the season. Replacing Volker Scrattenheim in the RBWRT squad, his task was to beat Arnaud Nandan, who was perhaps retained only as a barometer of the young Czech's progress. He did so quite comprehensively; Malsyz impressed in his first race at Monza, taking 5th with a fastest lap, before going on to claim two 3rd places at Magny-Cours. The shine perhaps came off his year with mechanical issues plaguing the middle part of the season, but Malsyz rallied with impressive results at Zandvoort, and scoring points in each of the remaining rounds.

7. Yael de Bock (BEL) - RonDen Racing Engineering, 7th, 67 points
After scoring an 8th and a win in the opening Monza round, one would be forgiven for thinking De Bock would be in a championship battle. Whilst the Belgian certainly had the pace to do so, bad luck would become a consistent theme in De Bock's 2018 story. Through no real fault of his own, incidents cost the RonDen racer big results in France, Spain and Austria, although his ability to race through the field to salvage a weekend was commendable. Undoubtedly, the highlight of De Bock's year was his victory at Spa-Francorchamps in front of his home crowd.

6. Gregg Donnelly (GBR) - Nurminen Racing Engineering, 6th, 72 points
Donnelly had, by all accounts, a very weird season. Incredibly consistent in the opening rounds, Gregg managed points in all six of the opening races. The wheels rather came off his year at Brands Hatch; getting caught up in the midfield pack of doom from a lowly grid slot ensured that the Brit's run of form was at an end. Austria was better, but reliability issues caused any chances of points to evaporate. A win at Zandvoort was a great way to roar back, but again car failures were a mitigating factor in his aspirations. He finished strongly in Hungary, but Donnelly will be disappointed with his year.

5. Solvy Odegard (NOR) - Ecurie Prenois, 4th, 90 points
How do you solve a problem like Solvy? An excellent opening round thrust the Norwegian into a championship fight, but everything conspired to keep her there. A poor qualifying session in France seemed to end her weekend's chances there, a broken gearbox snatched away a certain win in Valencia, and a clumsy incident at Westfield corner ruined her Brands Hatch weekend. Early contact with Rafael Martins at the Red Bull Ring was the final straw, and Solvy resolved to stop the rot. She was back to her usual self at Zandvoort, managed to put in a fantastic recovery drive to win in the Lausitzring sprint, and was brilliant at Spa. A strong finish at the Hungaroring elevated Odegard to 4th in the table; one wonders if could have been so much more.

4. Marjolein Postma (NED) - Vivendi EBL, 3rd, 108 points
Postma burst on the scene at the midway point of last year, and her amazing streak of points finishes ensured that she would retain her Vivendi EBL seat. Recovering to take the final point in the Monza sprint after a disappointing Saturday, Postma managed three second-place finishes in a row after her 5th in the Magny-Cours feature; to her credit, she battled away for wins, but was just unable to break down the leader. Brands Hatch was poor, but she got her campaign back on track in Austria with another 2nd in the sprint race. Her home race was her lowest point; Postma suffered a horrific crash in the Zandvoort feature and was unable to race in the sprint owing to signs of concussion. Undeterred, she'd claim her first win at the next round, heading team-mate Pykalisto in a Lausitzring 1-2. The Dutchwoman finished her season strongly with a host of podium appearances, but the title battle was gone by this point. She makes a deserved move up to AR3.5 next season.

3. Jazmin Caldeiro (MEX) - Ecurie Prenois, 5th, 81 points
Joining Ecurie Prenois for her first 2.0 foray, Caldeiro was easily the most impressive rookie in 2018. Like so many of her contemporaries, she had a wobble in the middle part of the season, but the Mexican's lightning start to the year ensured that she would remain in the hunt for a top-5 finish. A brilliant 3rd at Monza was followed up by good points-scoring finishes in France and Spain. A good Austrian round, taking 2nd in the feature race, was bookended by more inauspicious weekends in Britain and the Netherlands. Caldeiro's first year was hit-or-miss in places, but a win in the Hungaroring sprint was a very strong note for her to end the year on. She looks like a very good bet for the championship if she remains next year.

2. Kyosti Pykalisto (FIN) - Vivendi EBL, 2nd, 128 points
After a relatively disappointing year with NRE last season, Pykalisto made the decision to leave his compatriot team and join the Voeckler-influenced Vivendi EBL squad. The Finn was by far the fastest driver on a Friday, taking five pole positions, but on occasion lacked the killer instinct to convert those poles into winning results. Regardless, the start of the season was very strong for Pykalisto, taking 2nd and 3rd in Italy. Valencia was the only round in which Pykalisto would not score, and perhaps more interestingly Pykalisto scored all of his points from no lower than 4th place. Despite those facts, Pykalisto's overall lack of consistency was a factor in losing the championship battle to Katie May and sometimes lacked the resolve or luck to put a whole weekend together. His impressive win from pole at the Hungaroring was a display of what Pykalisto can do, but perhaps it came too late to make a difference.

1. Katie May (IRL) - Definitely Maybe Racing, 1st, 134 points
May impressed last season, and alongside James Jones the DMR squad had the perfect blend of pace and consistency in 2017. As Jones made the step up to AR3.5, his replacement was the quick but inconsistent Rafa Martins. Hence, DMR's focus was on May's championship aspirations, but in return they needed her to perform...and good lord, did she deliver.

The season did not start particularly well, and May had a bit of a poor Monza feature. Making a recovery in the sprint, 7th place was a reasonable way to open her account for 2018. Magny-Cours was very solid, and the Irish ace took 2nd and 5th in the two races, before going one better in Valencia. Although benefiting from Odegard's box full of neutrals, May was calm and collected as she claimed her first AR2.0 victory. She would win again at Brands Hatch, meanwhile maintaining a run of point-scoring form. The streak ended in Zandvoort after her engine expired from 3rd place with a lap to go, but she was able to resume her form from the Lausitzring sprint onwards. Although Pykalisto was inching closer in the standings, May was able to keep raising the bar with more points finishes, and was able to clinch the crown in the last round as her rival buckled under the pressure.