2019 Silly Season Thread

In honour of our fallen comrade. Archive of all previous canon series across all disciplines.
SuperAguri
Site Donor
Site Donor

Re: 2019 Silly Season Thread

Post by SuperAguri »

Former race winner, Shinobu Katayama still thinks she has a lot to offer and is looking for a drive for 2019, this season has not been good for her despite many times when she has been running in the points and even in podium positions only for the car or engine to expire on her. She is believed to be in talks with Rob Lomas Racing as she famously got a point for the team last season but is understood to be seeking a drive with any other team including being a reserve driver if need be.
<@Ataxia> these people are making a mess of their crepe suzettes
Ataxia
Not Important

Post by Ataxia »

V8fan12 wrote:
Ataxia wrote:Jorge Alvarez Torrente is looking for a development role with an ARWS team, ideally including a few driver development test outings. This will be in addition to his Nebula AR3.5 duties.

Peak Aeroracing would be happy to have Jorge back with us if you wish

I will agree to this.
Mitch Hedberg wrote:I want to be a race car passenger: just a guy who bugs the driver. Say man, can I turn on the radio? You should slow down. Why do we gotta keep going in circles? Man, you really like Tide...
V8fan12

Post by V8fan12 »

Ataxia wrote:
V8fan12 wrote:
Ataxia wrote:Jorge Alvarez Torrente is looking for a development role with an ARWS team, ideally including a few driver development test outings. This will be in addition to his Nebula AR3.5 duties.

Peak Aeroracing would be happy to have Jorge back with us if you wish

I will agree to this.

Thank you sir!
Owner of the Peak Motorsport Group.

Biscione wrote:I mean, Renaldo Jimenez, could you ask for a more world class pay driver? Who even is Alexey Buyvolov, amirite?
SeedStriker

Post by SeedStriker »

SuperAguri wrote:Former race winner, Shinobu Katayama still thinks she has a lot to offer and is looking for a drive for 2019, this season has not been good for her despite many times when she has been running in the points and even in podium positions only for the car or engine to expire on her. She is believed to be in talks with Rob Lomas Racing as she famously got a point for the team last season but is understood to be seeking a drive with any other team including being a reserve driver if need be.

Union Saver Developments is interested in Katayama's services
SeedStriker

Post by SeedStriker »

RejectSport wrote
Katayama takes the USD seat for 2019

Japanese driver Shinobu Katayama will be the one to partner fellow countryman Naoki Shinjo in Union Saver Developments for the ARWS 2019 campaign. The deal went without issues, as USD chief, Karl Lichter Shultz explained.
"There was really no real problems. Shinobu Katayama was already on our plans after the season ended, mostly for the added value that he can add to our already solid team. Naoki (Shinjo) and the staff of Daihatsu Engineering were also pleased to have Katayama onboard."
Asked if the all-Japanese lineup is more for the seemingly cursed second USD car which was shared by 3 different drivers in 2018 without any luck, Shultz just said, "I'm no supersticious... yet."
Nessafox
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Nessafox »

RonDen is doing an offer for an extension of contracts for Tommi Hamailainen in AR3.5 and Tuomas Suomanen in F2. Swapping places is also an option.
I don't know what i want and i want it now!
Nuppiz
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Nuppiz »

This wrote:RonDen is doing an offer for an extension of contracts for Tommi Hamailainen in AR3.5 and Tuomas Suomanen in F2. Swapping places is also an option.

Hämäläinen is happy to extend his contract. And he prefers to stay in AR 3.5.
Eurosport broadcast for the 1990 Mexican GP prequalifying:
"The Life, it looked very lifeless yet again... in fact Bruno did one, slow lap"
SeedStriker

Post by SeedStriker »

Union Saver Developments' young driver programme offers Jorge del Rio and John D. Sullivan for any rides on F2 and/or AR3.5
SeedStriker

Post by SeedStriker »

Rejectsport wrote
USD to Retain Watkinson as Tester and Development Driver in ARWS

Union Saver Developments has confirmed this moring that Ashley Watkinson will continue to work with the Austrian squad as tester for it's ARWS team.

More info later...
Nessafox
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Nessafox »

Nuppiz wrote:
This wrote:RonDen is doing an offer for an extension of contracts for Tommi Hamailainen in AR3.5 and Tuomas Suomanen in F2. Swapping places is also an option.

Hämäläinen is happy to extend his contract. And he prefers to stay in AR 3.5.

Perfect. We expect nothing less than a championship from him.
I don't know what i want and i want it now!
pi314159

Post by pi314159 »

Suomanen accepts the offer.
pasta_maldonado wrote:The stewards have recommended that Alan Jones learns to drive.
AndreaModa

Post by AndreaModa »

Autosport wrote:National sponsorship of Jones to change focus
BP's revived retail division will concentrate on driver development and more UK focus

It has emerged that National Petroleum, the title sponsor of Sammy Jones' eponymous ARWS team, will amend its existing deal in order to remain relevant to its sole UK market. With the National brand only being used by parent BP in the UK, the company has decided to focus its sponsorship of Jones on activities that primarily sit within the country.

The revised deal will see National provide title sponsorship to Jones' Anglo-Irish Formula 4 team which aims to bring on new talent, while the company has renewed its deal to bankroll its "Champions of the Future" programme of which the F4 team is the first stage.

The ARWS cars will retain minor National branding, alongside the Castrol logos that have had a reduced presence on the car since BP switched the title sponsorship to National. It leaves the Jones team with a void to fill in the build up to the new 2019 season.

After a somewhat disappointing campaign with drivers Mark Dagnall and Diego Alvarez Torrente, Sammy is under pressure to return the team to the front of the pack and the funding secured from a new title sponsor will go a long way to achieving that aim. No names are forthcoming at present but it's understood the team are in negotiations with a number of parties.

Bit of a non-event really (isn't that what this thread is for? :P ) but I wasn't sure about whether a sponsorship model like IndyCar is going to be adopted for 2019. I have plans for who to name as a new sponsor, but this can be amended if the sponsors end up being dictated by the gods of RNG or whatever. Felt like a change from National anyway!
I want my MTV...Simtek Ford

My Motorsport Photos

@DNPQ_