2017 GTR WC: Stick a Fork in 'er, she's done!

In honour of our fallen comrade. Archive of all previous canon series across all disciplines.
Ataxia
Not Important

Re: 2017 GTR WC: Super GP Buildup

Post by Ataxia »

To be fair, Rootsy, you DID say in the Kyalami 9 Hours thread that you'd do this. Is it fair? I don't know, that's not for me to decide. When I wrote my post above, I wasn't in the best of moods, so I do apologise.

I appreciate where you're coming from, but the fact of the matter is that there's quite a few series and not enough people who would solely focus on one thing. Ultimately, it's completely your choice to do what you want, you don't need me to tell you this, but if it's something you feel strongly about then help to come up with a way so that we have a fairer climate for everyone.
Mitch Hedberg wrote:I want to be a race car passenger: just a guy who bugs the driver. Say man, can I turn on the radio? You should slow down. Why do we gotta keep going in circles? Man, you really like Tide...
DemocalypseNow

Post by DemocalypseNow »

*Not reading the unnecessarily enormous essay*.

I guarantee you, RRR, at least 80% of that did not need said, as none of it was in question. There is one issue here, and one issue alone.

You cannot demand people run their own series in a certain way to suit your own personal wishes, then start talking about kicking people out as a by-product of that.

That's it. That's all. There is literally no other issue here. If someone wants to run a one-off GT1 race, they can run a one-off GT1 race. The community as a collective will decide as a whole whether it will be retained, or shelved into the dustbin of failed ventures. Not you personally.
Novitopoli wrote:Everytime someone orders at Pizza Hut, an Italian dies.
Novitopoli wrote:Juve's Triplete: Calciopoli, doping & Mafia connections.

Image Image
RealRacingRoots

Post by RealRacingRoots »

Biscione wrote:*Not reading the unnecessarily enormous essay*.

I guarantee you, RRR, at least 80% of that did not need said, as none of it was in question. There is one issue here, and one issue alone.

You cannot demand people run their own series in a certain way to suit your own personal wishes, then start talking about kicking people out as a by-product of that.

That's it. That's all. There is literally no other issue here. If someone wants to run a one-off GT1 race, they can run a one-off GT1 race. The community as a collective will decide as a whole whether it will be retained, or shelved into the dustbin of failed ventures. Not you personally.

If you aren't going to treat my response to your initial escalation with the same respect that I did to what you initially wrote, then I don't see the reason as to why you chose to take this stance.

Saying that 80% of it was worthless tells me that you are choosing not to think about it from any other perspective other than your own. The purpose of the "unnecessarily enormous essay" was to fill everyone in on the other half of the story people didn't know about or never wanted to know about for some reason. One of the main points that I would keep bringing up is the lack of meaningful communication that's being had over the directions that series are going and how they can be successful, and how a lot of what has gone down could have easily avoided by discussing it and working together instead of just saying whatever I did was arrogence without actually knowing why stuff happened the way it did. Because apparently no one wanted to talk about half the stuff I entailed otherwise before it reached this point, you included.

So, here we are. All I ask is for us, us as in everyone involved, to talk it out and work together so that we can stop the little issue of the ASMF slowly dying off and improve the quality of what we have left right now.

And all you are doing is turning your back to any chance of that because one thing might not go your way and you haven't done anything reasonable to try and work things out or make something positive out of it. That's arrogance.

I'm not mad.

I'm disappointed.
The Truth Shall set you free. (no theme music plays)
Tomáš.......Ttaaaaaaaattaaaaaarrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr
Watch this if you want to learn about what Canada is really like.
GT Super Series
DemocalypseNow

Post by DemocalypseNow »

RRR, you can't make reference to 'meaningful communication' whilst simultaneously ignoring the sole point that's being made to you.

We have reached an impasse. If you can't acknowledge and respond to a single issue that has been condensed into a single paragraph, there is nothing anyone here can do for you.
Novitopoli wrote:Everytime someone orders at Pizza Hut, an Italian dies.
Novitopoli wrote:Juve's Triplete: Calciopoli, doping & Mafia connections.

Image Image
RonDenisDeletraz

Post by RonDenisDeletraz »

Play nice kiddos
aerond wrote:Yes RDD, but we always knew you never had any sort of taste either :P

tommykl wrote:I have a shite car and meme sponsors, but Corrado Fabi will carry me to the promised land with the power of Lionel Richie.
FantometteBR

Post by FantometteBR »

Really need to check more on this
Bertrand Gachot, Pacific, Connew and Piercarlo Ghinzani's No.1 Fan

1995 Rejects-1 World Champion with Driver (Julio Vaca) and Team (V.I.D.A.) - Because the first time you can never forget
RealRacingRoots

We have reached an impasse only because you want to work out something that works our for you first before anyone else, and I want to work something out that works for everyone, even though you're the only one making a fuss about it.

At the end of the day, it's my series that I wish to run my way. It you don't want to respect that simple concept through the storylines and mechanics that I want to employ and enforce, take your bat and ball and go home.

There is still a place for a Biscione-run team in GTR/GTSS, but not if everything has to be catered for your needs and your needs alone.
GT Super Series
RealRacingRoots

2017 GTR WC: Super GP Practice Results

Super GP Practice Sessions

Weather: Light Cloud and Dry

Session 1 Results:

Sportscar365.com wrote:
PULSAR - OUT

Pirtek Racing by Pulsar have withdrawn from this Sunday's GTR WC Super GP from the High Speed Ring following a conflict of interest that has arose following GTR Series Commissioner Terrance Carter's comments in his State of The Series Address. The Pulsar team have also confirmed that they will be suspending their future GTR operations in order to re-focus some of their engineering core on their upcoming AutoReject World Series campaign.

The conflict of interest comes from Carter's comments on the "Super-Teams" that have become a fixture in many series across the globe, and how they might not match his vision for the soon-to-be called Rolex GT Super Series.

Pulsar Racing team principal Jacques Couteau released an official comment following the announcement, "Following the State of The Series Address, I had an emergency meeting with fellow team principal Jake Legge and out team's investors and owners and we have mutually agreed to withdraw from the Super GP and suspend our operations in the series. We understand where he (Terrance Carter) is coming from in his vision for the series and we respect that, but it doesn't align with our business plans for the short and long term. Moving forward we are fully focused on our marquee programs, which will see the engineering core that was running our Pirtek Corvette move over to assist in our ARWS attack."

The withdraw of Pulsar means that there is now a empty slot in the entry list for Sunday's Super GP, which by the rules of the event has been filled by the Katayama Racing Ferrari 575. The rules for the event entail that the remainder of the entry list after all full time entries, will be filled by the top finishers from the SGP Qualifying Race. With one less full-time entry means one more car will advance, being the Family-Run Japanese Entry. The team had receive word of the sudden promotion and were swiftly given permission to move their Ferrari 575 GTC and equipment into the garage that had been vacated by Pulsar Racing and are set to return to the track for the Second Practice session.

Session 2 Results:

GT Super Series
RealRacingRoots

2017 GTR WC: Super GP Qualifying Results

Super GP Qualifying Sessions:

Weather: Clear and Dry

Session 1 Results:

The combined results after Session Two can be found at Photobucket and RejectSport.

Drivers who improved in Session Two are highlighted in yellow on the photobucket image.
GT Super Series
RealRacingRoots

2017 GTR WC: Super GP Race Results

The Super GP at the High Speed Ring has been run, you can check out the race results and the, pretty not good, race report over at RejectSport.

Fastest Lap – Car 1 (Union Saver Corvette – Llosa/McKenna) – 1:05.048

Infinite Improbability Drive of the Race – Chris Winter and Olivia Geiszler: Showed up as a unknown team and showed that they were here to more than just make up the numbers.

Reject of The Race – Jordan McKenna: They should have at least 140 points to their name, but it wasn’t to be since someone wasn’t looking ahead to see the accident happening.

The report is garbage-teir, I let the SGP run by itself whilst I was at work one day. Otherwise it'd take forever to report everything that goes on since there is so much going on. If something substantial happened, which something did, I was to be sure to talk about it. Wanted to get this done and over with so I can move on, ya know?

As a result, the championship tables have been calculated with the results for everything bar the Indies being found here. Klon did up the Indies Table because he was actually invested in that result, you can ask him if you want to see it.

Llosa and McKenna are your Drivers Champions

Gerald Pereria-Pan Asia Alliance are your Teams Champions

Ahdikari and Hortin are your Independents Champions

Chevrolet is your Manufactures Champion.

Roll on 2018!
GT Super Series