Reject merchandise that we own

The place for respectful and reverent discussion of Reject drivers and teams, whether profiled or not as yet
Basetornado

Re: Reject merchandise that we own

Post by Basetornado »

A Minardi suit of any kind would be awesome. I wouldn't mind Fisi's 96 suit but I think thats just cause hes my fav driver out of everyone.
I found a Stefano Modena Brabham suit that wouldn't be too bad, but I wouldnt go out of my way to get it.
AndreaModa

Post by AndreaModa »

This might be of interest to Faustus if he sees it, I've managed to pick up a 2000 Arrows media kit and a signed pic of De La Rosa in Australia 1999. Some interesting extracts in the media kit, that's for sure, including, rather relevantly for the present time, a summary of test driver Mark Webber's career up until that point. I never knew he was 6 foot 4! The sponsorship portfolio is a particular laugh, "Orange is driving the wirefree future" and they had at the time 20% of the UK mobile market - 5 million subscribers! That would be about 4% now!

And does anyone remember a Dutch energy drink called Enorm? Apparently they were the official drink supplier to Arrows in 2000! The first line of their description reads: "Life is Enorm. This is the slogan of the hip new Dutch brand ENORM." And ends with: "If life's what you make it, life is ENORM." Oh boy. :lol:
I want my MTV...Simtek Ford

My Motorsport Photos

@DNPQ_
DemocalypseNow

Post by DemocalypseNow »

Look at what I found at Lotto Fieramilano! (A stop in the Milan metro system)...

The photo is terrible, but I can confirm from seeing the detail, this is indeed the Marco Apicella JLOC that "raced" at Le Mans :D

I also raided the Ferrari Store and United Colours of Benetton, but they are not rejects, so who cares.
Novitopoli wrote:Everytime someone orders at Pizza Hut, an Italian dies.
Novitopoli wrote:Juve's Triplete: Calciopoli, doping & Mafia connections.

Image Image
Myrvold

Post by Myrvold »

What I wonder about when it comes to the old suits. Which ones would be legal to use today.

If I was to buy any of that - I would actually use it, not just have it.
Basetornado

Post by Basetornado »

Myrvold wrote:What I wonder about when it comes to the old suits. Which ones would be legal to use today.

If I was to buy any of that - I would actually use it, not just have it.

Only the recent stuff and even then I would just buy a new one just in case. No point paying $1000+ for a used suit that might not fit you or be legal to use.
Although I wouldnt fit into any of the suits anyway (6,3). Id proberly have to go after a mechanics suit and the only ones I can find have BAR all over them so yeah.....
Faustus
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Faustus »

Following Formula 1 since 1984.
Avid collector of Formula 1 season guides and reviews.
Collector of reject merchandise and 1/43rd scale reject model cars.
go_Rubens
Location: A raging river somewhere in the Eastern (cough) United States (cough)

Post by go_Rubens »

Faustus wrote:I want it! I want it! I want it!

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/1974-Maki-F1- ... 2c7ccd8ed7

This already has its own topic here: viewtopic.php?f=9&t=6829

But yes, I wish I had the money. Maybe if I did, I'd get a better engine and gearbox and hope it lasts!
Felipe Baby, Stay Cool

Albert Einstein wrote:Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.
FA1L

Post by FA1L »

Me too! Me too! Me too! Only if I had some extra money...
Faustus
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Faustus »

go_Rubens wrote:

This already has its own topic here: http://f1rejects.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=6829

Sorry go_Rubens, I hadn't seen the other thread.
dr-baker

Post by dr-baker »

I bought a Minardi F1 Team baseball cap at the weekend at Brands Hatch. For 5 quid...
watka wrote:I find it amusing that whilst you're one of the more openly Christian guys here, you are still first and foremost associated with an eye for the ladies!
dinizintheoven wrote:GOOD CHRISTIANS do not go to jail. EVERYONE ON FORMULA ONE REJECTS should be in jail.
MCard LOLA
Faustus
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Faustus »

dr-baker wrote:I bought a Minardi F1 Team baseball cap at the weekend at Brands Hatch. For 5 quid...

Nice! What year is it from?
dr-baker

Post by dr-baker »

Faustus wrote:
dr-baker wrote:I bought a Minardi F1 Team baseball cap at the weekend at Brands Hatch. For 5 quid...

Not sure, but it looks like this:

watka wrote:I find it amusing that whilst you're one of the more openly Christian guys here, you are still first and foremost associated with an eye for the ladies!
dinizintheoven wrote:GOOD CHRISTIANS do not go to jail. EVERYONE ON FORMULA ONE REJECTS should be in jail.
MCard LOLA
Nuppiz
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Nuppiz »

dr-baker wrote:
Faustus wrote:

Not sure, but it looks like this:

Based on the logo, between mid-2003 and 2005. Their early 2003 logo still featured the "crown" detail.
Eurosport broadcast for the 1990 Mexican GP prequalifying:
"The Life, it looked very lifeless yet again... in fact Bruno did one, slow lap"
Leyton House

Post by Leyton House »

I have an Andrea Moda t-shirt from retroformula1. Not official merchandise obviously but very cool nonetheless.
Faustus
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Faustus »

Faustus wrote:
dr-baker wrote:It came with a cap too? If I'd known, I'd have tried harder to outbid you. Gah! Open to offers for the cap?

Come to the DTM in Brands and you can have it.

Thread archaeology time!
I looked at this in my wardrobe at the weekend and remembered that I promised you the cap, dr-baker. It's still yours. Unfortunately I couldn't make it to Battersea for the Formula E race because I was in hospital, but we need to sort something out for next year.
dr-baker

Post by dr-baker »

Faustus wrote:
Faustus wrote:
dr-baker wrote:It came with a cap too? If I'd known, I'd have tried harder to outbid you. Gah! Open to offers for the cap?

Come to the DTM in Brands and you can have it.

Thread archaeology time!
I looked at this in my wardrobe at the weekend and remembered that I promised you the cap, dr-baker. It's still yours. Unfortunately I couldn't make it to Battersea for the Formula E race because I was in hospital, but we need to sort something out for next year.

I am so happy this offer is still valid! Will definitely try to sort something out.
MCard LOLA
Rob Dylan

Post by Rob Dylan »

A friend and I are looking at going to Austria for the race next year, and before we go we're going to load up on Haas gear :)

I'm not saying that Haas are going to be rejects, but they have not as of yet unrejectified themselves :D
Murray Walker at the 1997 Austrian Grand Prix wrote:The other [Stewart] driver, who nobody's been paying attention to, because he's disappointing, is Jan Magnussen.
Felipe Nasr - the least forgettable F1 driver!
The Chicane

Post by The Chicane »

I'm late to the party with this but damn... that MasterCard Lola jacket looks pretty sweet. :o
Last edited by The Chicane on 15 Mar 2019, 02:26, edited 3 times in total.
RENAULT CLASSIC (1977 - 2017)
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
11 : Drivers' titles
12 : Constructors' titles
Bobby Doorknobs

Post by Bobby Doorknobs »

I guess this is the right thread...

I was putting together today's #OnThisDay post, when I came across this: http://www.cargeektees.com/view/2506263 ... ny-t-shirt

Apparently there are others like it for names as varied as Emanuele Naspetti and Felice Bonetto :|
#FreeGonzo
dr-baker

Post by dr-baker »

Another MasterCard Lola jacket came up this week on eBay. I was the first bidder on Friday, but I was then without internet/wifi until this afternoon. The bidding closed at midday yesterday. I lost. It eventually went for £32 plus £8 p&p. And there were two bids in the last 5 seconds... :x
MCard LOLA
novitopoli
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by novitopoli »

Simtek wrote:I guess this is the right thread...

I was putting together today's #OnThisDay post, when I came across this: http://www.cargeektees.com/view/2506263 ... ny-t-shirt

Apparently there are others like it for names as varied as Emanuele Naspetti and Felice Bonetto :|

"Always be yourself, unless you can be Emanuele Naspetti. Then be Emanuele Naspetti."

10/10 would buy it.
sw3ishida wrote:Jolyon Palmer brought us closer as a couple, for which I am grateful.

Ataxia wrote:
Londoner wrote:Something I've thought about - what happens to our canon should we have a worldwide recession or some other outside event?

We'll be fine. It's Canon, non Kodak.
Yannick

Post by Yannick »

novitopoli wrote:
Simtek wrote:
"Always be yourself, unless you can be Emanuele Naspetti. Then be Emanuele Naspetti."

10/10 would buy it.

Apparently, I have an autograph by Emanuele Naspetti. Unfortunately, there was not a picture of him in the car in the yearbook I gave him to sign so he had to sign next to a photo of his predecessor in the car, which he kindly did.

And while we're on the subject, a few years ago, just down the street from where I live, I saw an elderly man wearing a jacket in a characteristically turquoise-ish shade of green leave the house and walk towards the traffic lights right in front of me. And yes, upon closer inspection, it indeed turned out to be a Leyton House March jacket.
"I don't think we should be used to finance (the manufacturers') R&D because they will produce that engine anyway" said Monisha Kaltenborn.
"You will never see a Mercedes using a Ferrari engine or the other way round."
Faustus
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Faustus »

dr-baker wrote:Another MasterCard Lola jacket came up this week on eBay. I was the first bidder on Friday, but I was then without internet/wifi until this afternoon. The bidding closed at midday yesterday. I lost. It eventually went for £32 plus £8 p&p. And there were two bids in the last 5 seconds... :x

shite I missed this one. A jacket, a fleece and a polo shirt, all from the same seller. Methinks he worked for Lola.
Verde

Post by Verde »

I was able to gather quite a nice collection of diecast models of reject (or at least less successful) cars over the last years. It was a long, expensive and sometimes frustrating journey, as some models were pretty much impossible to find with a decent price and others were simply impossible to find.

Almost all of them are 1:43 (only Mazzacane's Prost is 1:18) and they are basically Spark, Minichamps and Ixo.

Gastón Mazzacane's Prost AP03. My only F-1 1:18 reject diecast model (unless you consider the underrated AP02 a reject car)

Philippe Adams' 1994 Lotus.

Bruno Senna's 2010 HRT. The yellow helmet was only used in the Brazilian Grand Prix.

Lucas di Grassi's 2010 Virgin
http://www.bandeiraverde.com.br

The reject (and non-reject) side of motorsport. In Portuguese.
Verde

Post by Verde »

Christian Danner's 1989 Rial ARC02 using the 1988 livery:

Jacques Villeneuve's awkward and controversial (but lovely) 1999 BAR 001:

This Andrea Moda model was created out of a Jordan 191 IXO car. Very good work.

Nicola Larini's 1991 Lambo.

Stefano Modena's 1992 Jordan. One of the best built Minichamps diecast models.

Another controversial one, the Earth Honda driven by Jenson Button in 2007. I am one of the few crazy blokes who really adore this car:

Pedro de la Rosa's 1999 Arrows:

Verde

Post by Verde »

Another Rial, this one driven (and crashed out) by Andrea de Cesaris in the 1988 Japanese Grand Prix:

One of the most hated liveries ever, the pink-and-blue 1992 Brabham also features the collection:

Another version of the 1989 Rial ARC02 car, this time featuring a slightly different livery (parts in white and light blue):

The colorful Lola-Larrousse LC89 that Philippe Alliot drove in his best race in Formula 1:

My last Rial, the ARC01 car with the stickers that De Cesaris sported throughout the 1988 season (except Brazil, San Marino, Monaco and Japan):

The ominous Simtek S941 driven by the late Roland Ratzenberger:

And last but not least, an IRL car driven by Jack Miller (the dentist) in the 1999 season. Great finding, an 1:18 Maisto car which did not cost me too much and was pretty much left to oblivion in the shop where I found it:

Barbazza

Post by Barbazza »

A very nice collection. I would love a Lambo of any size or variation but prices I've seen are extremely steep.
Verde

Post by Verde »

Some new diecast models I purchases in the last months:

This 1:43 Moneytron Onyx ORE-1 is the Holy Graal of my collection. I took some years to find this one in an eBay auction (I found the auction while watching this year's Indy 500 race). It was a hard auction as my "rival" seemed as interested in this model as myself, outbidding me every five minutes. With only nine minutes to the end of the auction, he gave up on the model and I won it.

The model was then shipped from UK to Brazil and, due to the bad delivery services of this country, came home with the rear wing all in pieces. I had to find some spare time (which I ultimately got only on my vacation time) and carefully glue each part in an operation of five days. Yesterday the rear wing was attached to the rear-end of the car and the result is as seen above. This easily became my favorite model.

A 1:18 Ligier-Mugen JS41 produced by Minichamps some time ago. Lovely model.

Pre-qualifying at home!

CarloSpace
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by CarloSpace »

Lovely collection, keep us updated! I love it that the Onyx is of course Bertrand Gachot's. I know he's not a reject but at least for me he is as reject as a non-reject can be :deletraz: