F1 Rejects World Championship - Round 2 - Malaysian GP

Archive for the three above subforums
MinardiFan95

F1 Rejects World Championship - Round 2 - Malaysian GP

Post by MinardiFan95 »

The second race of the 2010 F1 Rejects Championship is held at the Sepang Circuit in Malaysia, one of the first 'Tilke-dromes' to host a Formula One race back in 1999. The weather conditions for the race can only be described as monsoon conditions and there is no sign that the weather will clear.

Entry List
GP4

Driver, Car

redbulljack14, Prost AP04
LucaPacchiarini, Minardi PS01
Enforcer, Arrows A22
kostas22, Jaguar R2
Wizzie, Sauber C20
eytl, Jordan EJ11

F106

Driver, Car

Sauber010, Super Aguri SA05
MinardiFan95, Scuderia Toro Rosso STR1
shinji, Midland M16
kostas22, BMW Sauber F1.06
Shadaza, Red Bull RB2
ADx_Wales, Honda RA106

F1 Challenge '99-02 (Season '99)

Driver, Car

dragonsteincole, BAR 01
AndreaModa, Minardi M01
Shadaza, Arrows A20
Nuppiz, Prost AP02
f1-gast, Sauber C18
Sullivangate, Stewart SF-3
Ferrim, Jordan 199

Rules
F106
Opponent AI: Your choice
Race Length: 30%
Damage: On
Fuel Use & Tyre Wear: Scaled
Component Failure: On
Weather: Heavy Rain
Penalties: On
Allowed Driving Aids: Stability Control, Anti Lock Brakes, Automatic Gearbox
Allowed Setup Options: Tyres, Fuel, Gear ratios, front and rear wing settings

Grand Prix 4 (PC)
Opposition Difficulty: Your choice
Weather: Monsoon (100% Chance Of Rain)
Damage: On
Faliures: All On
Allowed Aids: Auto Gearbox, Traction Control, Steering Help, Launch Control

F1 Challenge '99-02:
Opposition Difficulty: 100%
Weather: Monsoon
Damage: 100%
Failures: Time Scaled
Allowed Aids: Auto Gearbox, Traction Control, Steering Help, Stability Control

Other Rules
No shortcutting
No wall-riding
Try to keep at least two wheels on the track at all times and avoid contact with AI cars.
You must qualify for the race.

1st: 10, 2nd: 6, 3rd: 4, 4th: 3, 5th: 2, 6th: 1

Deadline
The deadline for submission of results is 23:59 (GMT) Sunday 7th of March. To submit results, please email me (MinardiFan95) before the deadline with the following details filled in:

Driver:
Fastest Lap:
Pit Stops:
Total Race Time:
ROTR (Australian GP):
IIDOTR (Australian GP):
Last edited by MinardiFan95 on 16 Mar 2010, 10:10, edited 6 times in total.
This is a cool spot.
Enforcer
Site Donor
Site Donor

Re: F1 Rejects World Championship - Round 2

Post by Enforcer »

I assume "Monsoon" = setting our chance of rain to 100%?
DemocalypseNow

Post by DemocalypseNow »

Oh god...not Monsoon!!!! :shock: :?
Remember my WW test at Catalunya where I was 12s off the pace? It was because I couldn't keep the bloody thing on the road.
It's hard enough in the dry, I'll be slow as hell now!!

The most annoying part however is that my PS2 has decided it wants to work today...so I will be racing in Round 2 for F1 06!!
Novitopoli wrote:Everytime someone orders at Pizza Hut, an Italian dies.
Novitopoli wrote:Juve's Triplete: Calciopoli, doping & Mafia connections.

Image Image
dragonsteincole

Post by dragonsteincole »

Sorry for a lack of detail, but i'll try and spice this up a little more in future.

#23 - Nicholas "Dragonstein" Cole (DSC Motorsports)
Round 2: Malaysian GP (Monsoon) - BAR 001 - F1C
Fastest Lap (Race): 1:49.969
Pit Stops: 1
Total Race Time: 30:19.481

And the F1 Rejects debut of the DSC Motorsports 199 car. :D
(Williams shape, repainted and placed in the BAR folder. No filed were edited which would affect the car's performance in any way)
Ferrim

Post by Ferrim »

So I've finally have to drive the Jordan... so I will have a car advantage.

I fear I will REALLY need it, specially in the rain :mrgreen:

What weather do we have to select for F1C 99-02, "rain" or "monsoon"? I guess it's "monsoon", but as you posted "wet" I can't be sure.

My best lap so far is a 1:53.6 :oops: On a perfect lap on low fuel, I guess I could be down on 1:51... still far behind from you! But first I've got to find consistency.
Go home, Bernie Ecclestone!

"There will be no other victory this year, I can tell you, more welcomed than this one" Bob Varsha, 1995 Canadian GP

F1 Rejects Forums – going off-topic since 2009!
LucaPacchiarini

Post by LucaPacchiarini »

Aargh... I suck at this track :cry:
..I'm the member number 666 on this forum... I'm doomed to rejectdom
"Giovanni Lavaggi Draiver is a big, bigger than people think"
(Giancarlo Minardi, on his former driver Giovanni Lavaggi)
dragonsteincole

Ferrim wrote:So I've finally have to drive the Jordan... so I will have a car advantage.

I fear I will REALLY need it, specially in the rain :mrgreen:

What weather do we have to select for F1C 99-02, "rain" or "monsoon"? I guess it's "monsoon", but as you posted "wet" I can't be sure.

My best lap so far is a 1:53.6 :oops: On a perfect lap on low fuel, I guess I could be down on 1:51... still far behind from you! But first I've got to find consistency.

I had mine set to monsoon conditions, but the key here is "turn-in-ability" as i think Mark Blundell once put it. Loose front rollbar and a stiff rear one helps to get turned into some corners, but you will find yourself doing a lot of corners on 3/4 or even 1/2 throttle.

One thing I did find out though is that you will have no problems with AI, even their best lap was in the 1:57s in quali.
Ferrim

Post by Ferrim »

Thanks for your advice ;-)

dragonsteincole wrote:
One thing I did find out though is that you will have no problems with AI, even their best lap was in the 1:57s in quali.

I've only done free practice so far, but in my game the AI was doing 1:52... and I guess they'll go quicker in quali.

Maybe that's down to the fact that I've got a few modifications in my game: the AI is using proper setups for every circuit instead of having a crappy one as in the unmodded game. And I've also massively edited the drivers' performance through the years, in order to make them more competitive.

I've not modified any of the cars' physics though, so I think everything is okay for this competition, I'll just have more competitive races :-) Still, what AI settings are you using? I've got mines at 100% strength, 100% agression.
Go home, Bernie Ecclestone!

"There will be no other victory this year, I can tell you, more welcomed than this one" Bob Varsha, 1995 Canadian GP

F1 Rejects Forums – going off-topic since 2009!
dragonsteincole

100% for everything, but this is a clean version of F1C i've installed just for this league, so nothing aside from my carshape and livery has been altered.
FullMetalJack
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by FullMetalJack »

I know I'm not going to be able to do the races so I'm officially pulling out of the championship. And because I entered less than 2 races, I officially don't qualify as a reject team. HAHA!
Last edited by FullMetalJack on 05 Mar 2010, 23:52, edited 2 times in total.
I like the way Snrub thinks!
Enforcer
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Enforcer »

F1 Rejects World Championship - Round 2 - Malaysia - Race Report

Enforcer Race Engineering maintained their excellent start to the season with a strong win in the torrential rain at Malaysia. The team turned up with an ex-Arrows A23 to replace the PS01 used at Albert Park. Eccentric billionaire backer, and Irish politician, Richbag O' Crooked, happily cackled to assembled press about his plans to "buy a new car every week".

As at Albert Park, the team's only driver, a man wearing dark glasses and hat known only as "The Enforcer" arrived at the circuit and immediately retreated to his motorhome, and was only seen briefly before Free Practice to steal a helmet from Jos Verstappen. Enforcer's inability or unwillingness to talk to the press, sign autographs, or react to any external stimulus outside an F1 car has led to speculation that he is a clone of Kimi Raikkonen.

The race was largely uneventful for the new team, as Enforcer won from pole, eventually finishing 11 seconds ahead of Mika Hakkinen. His race was only briefly put in doubt by Giancarlo Fisichella's inability to spot a bright orange car as he was being lapped, causing the two to touch wheels. The race was otherwise noteworthy for a heroically rejectworthy incident involving Tomas Enge and Alex Yoong. The latter spun at the first corner attempting to pass Fisichella. Undamaged, he would've continued only to be hit by the particularly lairy Enge, who despite travelling at less than 50mph and seeing the stationary Minardi for several seconds was unable to avoid Yoong, putting both drivers out of the race.

Enge's team boss, Alain Prost, refused to confirm or deny speculation that he was considering having the Czech driver brought to the vet to be put down.
Last edited by Enforcer on 06 Mar 2010, 01:24, edited 1 time in total.
TomWazzleshaw

Post by TomWazzleshaw »

Melrose Racing Team: Round 2 Race Report

The plucky team from Australia who now only has 1 driver and a whole lot of cars from different teams is pleased with their performance at Sepang using the C20 they bought from Sauber.

Qualifying was a blessing for the team as driver Daniel Melrose did a good lap in the wet to put the car 4th on the grid right at the beginning of the session just as the rain picked up meaning other drivers couldn't better it.

Raceday and at the start Melrose was up to thrid. This didn't last long however and Juan Pablo Montoya found a way back past Melrose halfway though the first tour. Barrichello tried the same trick on lap 2 but was punted off when Melrose tried to retake the position letting Hakkinen past both of them. Barrichello would end up rejoining in 12th. Melrose over the next 10 laps got overtaken by Trulli, Heidfeld and Alesi but Melrose held on to 8th right until lap 16 when Barrichello passed him sucessfully. Melrose then brought the car in 9th while David Coulthard over a minute infront of Melrose won the race.

Team Manager Jack Zaciah has said in a press conferance after the race that "Melrose is a young talent who has room for development and his performance today was very good considering the difficult conditions." Zaciah has also mentioned that they're interested in running a second full time car next season.
Biscione wrote:"Some Turkemenistani gulag repurposed for residential use" is the best way yet I've heard to describe North / East Glasgow.
MinardiFan95

Post by MinardiFan95 »

Cosworthless GP - Press Release

The Cosworthless GP team turned up at Sepang with no engines, but by qualifying had managed to find an old Cosworth V10 out of a 2005 Minardi in a back corner of a shed. The team also had a new chassis for the race, but the V10 engine wouldn't fit, so the Cosworthless team had to use the spare chassis. However, with the expert help of HWNSNBM, the team managed to fabricate the new aero parts onto the old car in next to no time.

MinardiFan95, driver of the sole remaining Cosworthless GP car, qualified 1st, almost 10 seconds faster than Alonso in 2nd (this proves how easy the easy mode is in F106).

The rain was even heavier at the start of the race on Sunday afternoon. MinardiFan was the first of many drivers to go off at the first corner for some grass track racing. By the end of the lap, the Cosworthless driver had worked his way back to the lead, and stayed there for the rest of the race, lapping the whole field.

At the conclusion of the race, MinardiFan had this to say:
"We had a great run today, despite a few off track excursions. The old chassis handles much better now with the restricted V10, but we were lacking a bit of straight line speed. HWNSNBM has been doing a great job on building the cars and fixing them when I inevitably break them. I was angry at Yuji Ide, as he almost took me out twice when lapping him. He clearly has no talent and should get back to Formula Nippon as soon as he can."

End of press release
This is a cool spot.
Nuppiz
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Nuppiz »

Unfortunately I have to withdraw from the Malaysian GP as well. I had a busy week so I couldn't try to install F1C on another computer. Maybe in the next race I can finally take part in the Championship. :|
Eurosport broadcast for the 1990 Mexican GP prequalifying:
"The Life, it looked very lifeless yet again... in fact Bruno did one, slow lap"
DemocalypseNow

Post by DemocalypseNow »

PRESS RELEASE

DCTWRFSAMF1SRT has pulled out of the Malaysian Grand Prix after the ship on which their containers of equipment were being transported on sank into the ocean, leaving them with no cars, spares, or even toasters to use in Sepang.

"F***ing typical," exclaimed team owner Alasdair Lindsay. "Everything that can go wrong will go wrong. Probably doesn't matter anyway - with Irv and Jacques f***ing Villeneuve as second drivers this time we didn't have a hope in hell for the race."

Meanwhile lead driver Kostas had mixed emotions about his team's withdrawl from the second round of the season; "For sure it's not great to miss races like this," he said, "But I was not expecting to do very well here anyway. The car is like a boat mid-corner, it understeers way too much - but then with the R2 it can't stop oversteering on the exit, it just wants to keep turning and turning and turning and turning and turning and turning and turning and turning and turning and turning and turning and turning and turning and turning and turning and turning and turning and turning and turning until it spins you into a wall. Doesn't matter if you're inbetween two huge gravel traps - it'll still find a wall to hit."

Whether they will make Round 3 of the season is so far unknown - only time will tell if DCTWRFSAMF1SRT can save themselves from rejectdom.
-End Press Release-
Novitopoli wrote:Everytime someone orders at Pizza Hut, an Italian dies.
Novitopoli wrote:Juve's Triplete: Calciopoli, doping & Mafia connections.

Image Image
FullMetalJack
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by FullMetalJack »

kostas22 wrote:Whether they will make Round 3 of the season is so far unknown - only time will tell if DCTWRFSAMF1SRT can save themselves from rejectdom.
-End Press Release-

I managed to escape from rejectdom from simply entering less than 2 races, you should have done that too.
I like the way Snrub thinks!
AndreaModa

Post by AndreaModa »